°four

four: overboard

°°°°BACK IN PORT ROYALS, King George II and his wife, Queen Catherine had discovered their daughter had gone missing

°°°°
BACK IN PORT ROYALS, King George II and his wife, Queen Catherine had discovered their daughter had gone missing. They let the police and the soldiers know to look out for the princess; knowing she was with the poor boy, Henry Turner. The people of the small British village were in pure despair, as the news had spread around that the beloved princess was missing. Unfortunately, Iris Monte had gone willingly with her best friend Henry, and their newly founded acquaintance Carina Smyth, and the infamous pirate Captain Jack Sparrow, and his timely crew. Their mission was to find the Trident of Poseidon, to break all curses of the sea and find the treasure.

With Carina's knowledge in science and astronomy, she was able to help the crew with The Map That No Man Can Read. Together, they would find the impossible myth of the sea, bringing honor to each and everyone of them.

The three so-called prisoners were still tied up against a wooden pole. Henry was becoming impatient and knew they needed to do something before the dead pirates were after them. "The Blood Moon was last night, just as you described. Tell me what it revealed?" Henry asked, urgency linked to his voice.

"And why should I trust you?" Carina asked in suspicion.

Iris huffed deeply, rolling her eyes at the woman. "Why should we trust you? You imposed as a nun, disrespectful and distasteful, if you ask me."

The princess could feel Carina burning holes of angry through her. "Why wouldn't I trust you, princess? You could turn me into the your mummy and daddy, for all I know."

Iris felt her blood boil. "You must really lack in common sense, Carina dear. If I turned you in, I would have to turn Henry and myself in," The brunette sneered.

Henry broke the tension between the two women. "You trusted me to hold your port, remember?" He joked.

"It was my stern," Carina corrected. "Clearly, you need to spend more time at sea."

"Tell me what you found and I promise we will help you," Henry sincerely said, his eyes glancing at Iris. Iris didn't want to help the rumored witch, and Henry could tell by her words and the look in his best friends' eyes. He raised up his eyebrows, silently pleading to her. Iris finally sighed softly, giving him a small nod of defeat.

"I don't need any help," Carina stated.

"Then why did you come to me, Carina?" Henry questioned firmly. "Why are we tied altogether in the middle of the sea, chasing the same treasure?"

It was silent for a brief moment. Iris felt the wind brush the smell of salt against her skin; feeling the sun glistening against her lightly tanned skin. She loved the sea. It was full of mysteries waiting to be discovered. Iris remembered a memory she and Henry shared-both the age of nine years old, looking for seashells by the shore of the sea. She smiled soundly at the memory, feeling the warmth heat inside her body.

"The moon revealed a clue," Carina finally spoke, calling the attention of Henry and Iris to the woman. ""To release the power of the sea, all must divide."," She recited.

"What do you meany by 'divide'?" Iris confusedly questioned, her brows frowning.

"I'm not sure yet," Carina unsurely spoke, shaking her head.

"Then we'll find out," Henry presumed.

Captain Jack Sparrow had came over to the three, as he stood in front of the educated woman. "There is no map in this map," He mentioned.

"Give me my diary," Carina said.

Jack looked taken back, crossing his arms over his chest. "Give me The Map No Man Can Read," Jack demanded.

"If you could read it, then it wouldn't be called, "The Map No Man Can Read"," Carina sassed, earning a snigger from Iris.

"She's not wrong," Iris muttered under her breath. "And to add on to what Carina said, maybe if you were sober more often, then you could actually read a damn map."

"I second that," Carina amusedly agreed.

"I beg you, please, don't argue with them," Henry pleaded with the captain.

"Most of the men on this ship can't read," Jack insisted.

"Clearly," Iris mumbled.

"Which makes all maps, "The Maps That No Man Can Read"," Jack added in.

"Thank you, Captain, you just proved my point!" Iris said in accomplishment.

Jack glared at her, "You, shut it, princess."

"Well, if you can't read it, then you have no use for it or me," Carina persisted.

"Let me start again," Jack sighed, "Show me the map."

"Oh, for the love of Merlin!" Iris groaned.

"I can't. It doesn't yet exist," Carina answered.

"She's a witch!" Marty, a crew member, had accused.

"I'm an astronomer," Carina simply stated.

"Ah! Ah, she breeds donkeys," Another crew member dumbly pointed out.

Iris stared at him in bewilderment. "No, you illiterate twat! She studies the sky."

Jack had decided if Carina didn't hand over the map, he would kill Henry. Iris was outraged, squirming under the robes, flinching at the inflicting pain she was causing to her skin. Jack's crew had pushed Henry over toward the plank of ship, as Iris stared at him in fright.

"Young Henry will be tossed over and he will be dragged under the ship," Jack smirked.

Carina and Iris were untied, as they stood together watching a fearful Henry on the edge of the ship. "All right. What're you waiting for?" Carina nonchalantly questioned.

"Carina!" Iris barked at the woman in anger.

Henry was tied up once again, his mouth taped, as the crew threw him overboard. "Henry!" Iris yelled, running over toward the edge, but were blocked by the crew members.

"The map is there!" Carina finally answered, pointing toward the sky.

Jack and his crew looked up toward the sky also. "Where?"

"In the heavens," Carina said. "That diary will lead me to a map hidden in the stars. Let him up. I'll find it tonight."

"Sorry, can't bring him up. Look for yourself," Jack motioned over toward the edge of the ship.

Carina and Iris both ran over toward the edge of the ship seeing Henry muffling and squirming around in a boat hooked to the ship.

"Bloody pirates," Iris muttered.

°°°°