°epilogue

epilogue: family reunion

°°°°

THE PRINCESS OF Britain had returned home, after days at sea, and a tail of a venturesome journey. The heads of Port Royal's citizens turned, catching glimpse of the girl looking tragically dirty. Her dress was ripped, mud and blood stained the peasant dress. Her hair was in knots, frizzy and unkept; her body and face covered with mud. All she wanted was to shower her body with water, wanting to scrape the residue from herself.

Iris and Henry's hands were intertwined, as the brunette exhaled deeply, her other hand pushing the French double doors open. Gasps of shock filled the palace room, the king and queen rose up from their thrones, racing toward their daughter. They threw their arms around the princess, as Iris let go of Henry's hand, embracing her parents.

The king and queen cried with great delight, relieved their daughter was back home, safe and sound. They muttered cries of thank you's and love you's, their arms still wrapped around her body.

"Where the hell have you've been, Iris Sophia Monte?" The king demanded, as he unwrapped himself from his daughter.

Iris smiled softly, stepping back to Henry. "I'm sorry mother, father," she apologized, nodding toward them. "It was a very rash decision. I joined Henry on his journey to find the Trident of Poseidon to free his father from Davvy Jones's curse."

Her parents stood their, looking at her in shock and anger. "You joined this..this pirate?" The king uttered in displeasure, staring at the man in disgust.

Iris frowned, as Henry didn't stiffen. He wasn't affected by the words that came out of the king's mouth.

"This pirate?" Iris repeated her father's words in angry. "This pirate is the love of my life. This pirate is the only person who has ever saw me for who I was. Not the princess of Britain. Not the girl who lives in a palace. Not the daughter of King George II and Queen Catherine. He sees me as Iris; a human." Iris shouted, her parents' mouths gaped open, words never leaving.

Henry took his hand in hers, giving it a light squeeze. He smiled at her, as she did. Iris wasn't going to let her father insult Henry.

"You both should also know I joined a 'so-called' witch, named Carina Smyth, who is the most intelligent, selfless woman I've ever met. The infamous pirate, Captain Jack Sparrow, and the honorably, Captain Hector Barbossa," Iris continued, her lips tugging into a sly smirk.

Her parents' eyes widen even larger with each word the princess spoke. They couldn't believe their own flesh and blood hung around with the rift-raft.