The Harlem Way

By CHOCstories

If I tell you, you belong to me. Would you be mine in reality? And not just in my mind. I'm so tired of being... More

01. A Day In The Life Of...
02. Do I Know You?
03. Damn...The Weekend.
04. Reaching Out.
06. Get To Know Me {Part 2}
07. To New Beginnings
Drive-In Movies & Red Velvet Cupcakes (Short)
08. A Different Side.
09. What Friends Are For
10. Feelings & Truths {Part 1}
11. Feelings & Truths {Part 2}
12. The Proof
13. Street Cred
14. Consequences
15.
16. My Side Of Town {Part 1}
17. My Side Of Town {Part 2}
Meeting Lexington (Short)
18. A Little More Of Me{Part 1}
19. A Little More Of Me {Part 2}
Fellow Readers/Followers!
Girl Talk (Short)
20. Bad News
21. In The Name Of Crazy
22. My Dirty Little Secret
23. All Of Me
24. Back On Track {Part 1}
25. Back On Track {Part 2}
Boo'd Up|Ella Mai Style (Not So Short)
26. Take You There {Part 1}
27. Take You There {Part 2}
28. This Is Reality
( Short)
29. Congratulations
Birthday Boy (Short)
30. Thanks Greetings {Part 1}
31. Thanks Greetings {Part 2}
Breakfast With Friends (Short)
32. Civilized Conversations
33. Caught
34. Moment Of Truth
Here's A Little Advice (Not So Short)
35. Letting Go
36. It's Your Birthday {Part 1}
37. It's Your Birthday {Part 2}
Author Questions
It's Still Your Birthday {Short}
It's Still Your Birthday {Not So Short}
38. Back At Home
{Short}
39. Christmas With the Morgans & Hamptons{Part 1}
40. Christmas With the Morgans & Hamptons {Part 2}
Breakfast With New Friends {Short}
41. New Years Cheers
42. {Part One}
43. (UPDATE! CAN Y'ALL SEE IT?)
44.
🌹

05. Get To Know Me {Part 1}

17.8K 700 721
By CHOCstories

Few Weeks Later.
Narrator's POV

(Jabri's Room)

Weeks had passed and Jah was still feeling the same. He had done nothing but lay in bed and smoke blunts since he'd been released from the hospital. The only time he got up was to shower, brush his teeth and change his bandages. He had a limp that required a crutch so he wasn't in a rush to go out. However, he was tired of sitting on his ass. The director at the rec; Mr. G, had been blowing his phone up but he wasn't in the mood to answer.

Other than that, Tez had been hitting him up too. He would call to joke with him just to keep his spirits up. Even though Jah wasn't in the mood to laugh, he couldn't help it because Tez was a fool. "I'm deadass J, she was bold! A fucking lamp though, my nigga?!" Tez exclaimed over the phone as Jah laughed. He was telling him how him and Tati had an argument and she threw a lamp at him.

"You deserved that shit, I bet. You lucky you got a lamp and not a bullet nigga. Shit killing me over here." Jah groaned as he got up and grabbed his crutch. He put his phone on speaker and made his way to the bathroom to pee. "Damn, my bad yo. How you holding up?" He asked him. "I'm straight, I'm just mad as shit. I can't move around like this, shit wack. I swear to God whoever did this shit is dead, real talk." Jah gritted as he finished up in the bathroom. He put his crutch up against the wall before washing his hands.

"Aight J, don't go and do no stupid shit. You almost off probation, don't fuck that up." Tez warned. "Heard ju. I'ma holla at you later though." He ended the call quickly and groaned aloud, taking a minute to lean on the wall. It seemed as if the pain was becoming unbearable in his side. No matter how many blunts he smoked, he couldn't rid the aching in it. It only made him madder, that's why he's been drowning himself in drugs in the past weeks.

I can't drink but I can take pills, he thought.

With that in mind, he opened the medicine cabinet and took out the bottle of Percocet the doctor prescribed and poured two into his hand. He glanced down at them briefly, letting an old memory fill his head as he stared at himself in the mirror. He was contemplating it but that was soon short lived. He shook off the feeling and closed the cabinet. He made his way to the kitchen to grab a glass of water. He popped the pills into his mouth and flushed them down quickly. Before he could make it back to his room a knock sounded at his door.

"Fuck is this..." He mumbled to himself as he made his way to the door.  The knock sounded again, harder this time making Jah grumble in irritation. "Yo, hold the fuck up!" He yelled as he moved at the same slow pace, but soon making it over to the door. He took a minute to look through the peephole before he opened it, a confused look grazing his face once he did, at the sight of his probation officer.

(Karina Simmons)

"Oh my God! Jabri." Karina gasped, her mouth dropping when Jah revealed himself. She let herself in, quickly running her fingers through her hair, with the same shocked look on her face as she stared at him.

"What you doing here? I didn't know we had to meet today..." Jah asked skeptically. Jah was out of it but he wasn't too far gone to keep up with his PO appearances. He knew he had to see her twice a month but this was a sudden pop up. Since he's been dealing with her, he's never known her to do pop ups so he was worried.

"We didn't...but I'm glad that I did.  What happened to you?" She asked, her voice laced in concern. Jah clenched his jaw tightly as he prepared to bend his body to sit. "Who called you?" He dodged her question, asking one of his own. The only people who had direct contact with his PO was his parents and him. "Relax. I'm not here to arrest you Jabri. I came to check in because you haven't showed up to work in weeks. Your job called me." She explained to him as she placed her bag on the single chair, joining him on the longer couch.

"Now I see why you haven't been to work...should I be worried?" She asked as she examined him. Her face was full of sympathy and concern. Since she's been seeing Jabri, he's never wavered from the straight and narrow path he agreed to take. Karina didn't have to worry about him violating his probation. He showed up to every meeting faithfully, bringing his paper work with him too. Karina didn't understand how this happened because it was so sudden and she had no knowledge of it until now.

"Nah...I ain't doing no illegal shit out here. This was on some 'wrong place, wrong time' shit. I was out, bullets sounded, I tried to run but ended up getting hit." He lied cooly, licking over his lips as he glanced at her. Thankfully, the swelling in his lip had went down and it was back to normal. Otherwise, she would've saw right through his lie. The only wounds that were visible were the bandages on his shoulder and side which poked from the bottom of his white beater.

"And where were you hanging out at?" She pondered as she got up to grab a pen and pad from her bag. Jah blinked slowly, feeling his high kick in but he still frowned at her actions. "You gotta write that shit down?! Yo, you can leave. I ain't got time for you to be lying on my name to get me booked again." He gritted tightly as he stared at Karina with hard low eyes. Karina was shocked by his tone, causing her eyes to widen. She stopped writing to give him a confused yet disapproving look.

"What- Jabri, I am not here to hurt you. You've done nothing to be put away again. I simply came over because I was worried...and so were others. You've been shot for Christ's sake! Just calm down and talk to me." She rambled out, squinting her eyes at him. He was sitting up, both hands at his side as his head rested against the back of the couch. She could tell that something was up with him just by how he came off. He has never been aggressive with her during their meetings, so she didn't understand where this was coming from.

"I just told you. I can't work like this that's why I ain't been going. I can't do that shit at all no more, forreal. I got bills and they don't pay me." He lied again. He couldn't let it slip that he was getting paid when he wasn't supposed to be; as it was his 'duty' to the community. Jah was a blunt one and he always told the truth but when it came to his freedom, he'd say anything but that. "Okay...but your probation period is almost over. This is the job I have on file for you." She opened her notebook, flipping through papers. "I thought you liked it there?" She said. "I do but I need money...real money." He told her. Karina sighed and nodded in understanding.

"Is there anything you have in mind? Maybe I can help you find something." She offered sincerely. "It is actually...I wanna paint some shit. I went to school for graphic design, I ain't finish though." He informed her. "I remember. Uhhh maybe we can look up some programs? Start small then branch out yeah?" He nodded and dropped his head back, closing his eyes. His high had officially kicked in and he couldn't fight it anymore.  As Karina scribbled in her pad, she looked over at him. She could tell that he was high but she didn't mention it, instead she laughed it off lightly.  At every meeting he was high so she expected nothing less, and the smell of it circling around his living room proved her right.

"I'm not sure if we'll find anything that pays well or pay at all in regards to painting, but I'll do some research." She said to him but he didn't hear her . "Jabri, are you listening?" She asked. "Heard ju. Heard ju." He mumbled quietly, not even lifting his head. She chuckled and stood to put her pad away. "I'll keep in touch to let you know what I find. Please, be careful Jabri." She gathered her things and prepared to leave. She watched him for a moment to see if he would move but he stayed still in the same position.

Before she could make it to the door completely, she heard him move. "Lock the door on your way out..." She heard just as she opened the front door. She locked it and proceeded to make her way out after her goodbyes. Jah stayed put for a minute before he sat up, slowly grabbing his crutch. He struggled a bit to get up but he did, limping his way back into the bathroom. His vision was slightly blurred but the high made him feel good.

He wanted to be higher though.

Jah was a firm believer in marijuana only, except for when he was in dire need to forget. He was rarely in his head but when he was, drugs seemed to be the only thing to get him out of it. Opening the cabinet, he used his crutch for support as he grabbed the bottle of pills. He poured another into his hand and put the bottle back. He grabbed a Dixie cup and filled it with water before popping yet another pill. He washed it down again before hitting the light, making his way back to his bedroom.

This was how he spent his days since his release, high. He didn't care to answer the phone for anyone and when he did, he chose listening over talking. Being high was the only thing that distracted his mind from the negative. No matter how many people told him he had potential, he wouldn't step out on faith but instead revert back to his old ways. It worked for him; always has too. The pressure to do right was a bit much for him and he felt like he was losing himself.
---
Greenville, NC

Quenton Cole

"You're my brother and I love you but you're fucking stupid Q!" My brother Andre fussed at me. I had been back in town for a few weeks now and surprisingly things had been quiet. My text to Jordyn went unnoticed so I'd been on edge. I didn't know what to expect when I got back to North Carolina. But if it was one thing I knew, it was that the quiet wouldn't last too long.

"Don't you think I fucking know that?! You don't have to tell me! I told you this to confide in you, I just needed you to listen." I gritted as I poured another drink into my glass. We were currently at home in the kitchen. I was watching him cook while I had my third drink of the day. I went into work early so I could come home and drink. I didn't even go to class, I just needed time to myself. I didn't wanna talk to my brother but I ended up letting a skeleton slip from my closet, due to the liquor. Besides my mother he was the only one who knew, and even still that was one too many.

"Listen?! Are you fucking kidding me?! Listen to you justify a rape?! Q you're fucked up and you know it! There's nothing you can say to me to make me think otherwise!" His yelling caused me to get up quickly, throwing the glass across the kitchen. He glared at me with a pointed finger. "Aye, you're not about to break up MY shit because YOU fucked up! I'm letting you stay with me, I don't have to." He warned. I clenched my jaw tightly as I balled my fists up, looking at him. "So what? You're gonna kick me out?! It was a fucking mistake! I didn't mean to do it!" I raged as I felt the vain in my head throbbing. I was getting hot and I needed to leave before I really hurt my brother.

"You have a place to go so maybe you should leave..." He retorted. I chuckled and nodded. "I will, brother. You're supposed to be my blood and this is how you treat me?!" I was in his face now, staring him down hard. He didn't budge, just returned the same hard glare. "Hard at hearing? Maybe that's why you couldn't hear Jordyn when she-" I didn't give him the chance to finish before I sent a right hook to his mouth. He stumbled back hitting the counter hard before charging me to the floor.

He sent two punches to my face before I rolled us over, getting the upper hand on him. He had blood leaking from his lip and I'm pretty sure I did too but I didn't care about my pain right now. I hit him again and again but soon stopped once I saw more blood. By this time, I had tears rolling down my face as I cried hard. This is what I feared, people looking at me differently because I couldn't control myself. My family. Sarai'. Me and my brother had always been close even though I felt like my parents cherished him more. He was the 'good' child in their eyes while I was the troubled one. They never had to get him out of anything like they did me but that still didn't make me a monster.

"Shit...I-I'm sorry Dre. I'm sorry." I stammered as I moved off of him. He groaned and held his nose, sitting up slowly. I wiped my face roughly as I watched him struggle to stand. "Let me help you..." I rushed to his aid but he pushed me back. "Get your shit and get out! Leave!" He shouted at me. "I didn't mean to bro...I didn't mean to do it." I cried as I held my head in my hands.  A small silence came over us before he spoke again. "Don't think for one second that I won't rat your ass out. So, you better hope the cops don't come here looking for you." He spat in the sink before turning on the water. I nodded and sniffled, wiping my face. I had to leave, I had to leave now.

Rushing upstairs, I swung the closet door open and grabbed my duffle bag. Hurriedly, I emptied every drawer in my room, tossing all the clothes inside the bag. I couldn't go back to New York right now and I couldn't stay here. My address is on file so I know if they came looking for me, New York would be the first place they check. I have an apartment out there but I rarely stayed because I was always at Rai's. I put this address on file for my school paperwork because it was important, as well as my job. I knew that it was only a matter of time before the police came looking so I had to go. Where? I didn't know at this point but I couldn't be here because Dre was a man of his word. I knew this because it was a Cole' man thing. Just like my father, we meant what we said and said what we meant.

Once everything was stuffed in my bag I zipped it up and grabbed my car keys. I closed the door and headed downstairs without another word to Dre. I left in silence just like he asked, even left his house key on the table by the front door. I unlocked my car door, threw my bag inside and got in on the driver's side. I sat in the driveway for a while and pulled out my phone, dialing Jordyn again. I needed to talk to her. I needed to see her. It was killing me not knowing what was going on. And as crazy as it sounds, I had to see her even if she did turn me in. I had to let her know that I didn't mean to hurt her. I don't know what came over me.

Flashback
April 12th 2016

"I can't believe you going to that young ass college party! Ain't she like jailbait or some shit?" My boy Desmond said to me as we pulled off from the gas station. "She's not that young D, she just got a baby face." I argued. "Nigga! She JUST hit college! How long you been fucking with her?" He asked me. Bringing my hand up to my beard, I played in it and smiled thinking of Jordyn. Jordyn was only 20 years old, I'm 24 so I don't think that's much of a difference.

I met Jordyn through my brother and his girlfriend Trinity two years ago. The three of them attend the same college so that's how they met. At first my brother didn't want her to get close to me because he knew my rep but she was persistent. We really did enjoy each other's company though and she was sweet, innocent yet freaky and I liked it.

"Almost 3 years...on and off though. She doesn't know what she wants and I don't want anything serious but when we're good, we're good. You know?" I answered. "That sound like some bipolar bullshit to me. You need to leave that lil girl alone. Them young ones get you in trouble." He stated. I ignored him and flipped through the stations on the radio. Just as I turned it up, my phone buzzed with a message from Jordyn.

iMessage from Jordy😏👅: I hope to see you tonight. You never answered when I called. Let me know if you're coming :)

I left it on read and locked my phone back. I wanted to surprise her tonight. She didn't think I would come to the little college party because I was 'too old'. A lot of her friends acted just like college students and although I was one myself, I was also a grown ass man. I didn't have time for kiddie games. But I haven't seen her in a while and we were fussing some time back so this was the perfect time to pop up on her.

30minutes Later

The party was jumping when I walked into the frat house. Music loud, lights flashing, people dancing all over the floor. Desmond had split away from me when he got his first sight of ass, so I was moving through the crowd on my own. So much for him not wanting to come with me, I thought.

I headed straight to the kitchen after noticing Jordyn talking to some guy. They were standing by the counter just laughing and smiling it up while sipping from their red cups. It was irritating to watch, really. She's so worried about me coming but she's all up in dude's face? Hmph. "I'm serious Jordyn, you've known this since 10th grade." I heard the guy say just as I walked up behind her. I wrapped my arms around her waist and kissed the side of her neck making her jump.

"Q! You came!" She smiled, turning in my arms to hug me. I eyed the guy as I hugged her before pulling back to give her a brief kiss. "Surprise. You gonna introduce me to your friend?" I eyed him again as he stood there awkwardly watching us. I could tell he was a bitch just by how he reacted to my stare. He had one hand in his pocket while the other held his cup. "Troy." He held his hand out to shake mine but I dapped him quickly. "Boyfriend." I replied with a slick smile as Jordy nudged me discreetly. "S-see you around Jordyn." He stammered before leaving the kitchen. Jordyn placed a hand on her hip and looked at me with an annoyed look on her face.

(Jordyn Wright)

"Really Q? You had to do that? You're so mean!" She giggled lightly with a slap to my chest. I smiled and bit my lip at her, pulling her into me. "So," I shrugged. "I don't know why you had him all in your face anyway. He likes you." I told her as I let her go, going over to the cooler. I lifted the top and grabbed two cans of beer. I popped one open and placed the other on the counter. "He does not." She defended. "Jordyn, you can't lie to me. I know he does. Unless he wants his shit rocked, I suggest he stays away from you." I said simply as she side eyed me. "It's not that serious Q, we're friends. Have been since high school, that's not changing." She told me sternly.

"Okay." I waved her off but I was dead serious. If I saw them talking anymore tonight I was handling him. "Don't pout, it turns me on." I joked as I poked her lip. She fought a smile but eventually let me see it before she pecked my lips. "Don't get too drunk Q, please. You know how you get." She pleaded as took my hat off. I sat on the stool and pulled her between my legs. "YOU don't get drunk...you're not even a drinker." I chuckled. "What are you drinking anyway?" I peeked in her cup as she moved it away.

"A special mixture." She wiggled her eyebrows goofily as I laughed. "Gotta be careful with that Jordy, people spike shit at college parties." I told her seriously as I sipped my beer. "I'm fine, my friend made it. Speaking of which she's coming this way..." She trailed off before meeting her friend halfway. I busied myself with Snapchat for a few minutes, making a pointless lightskin approved video before I noticed her and her friend walking toward me.

"Camille...this is Quenton. Q, Camille." She introduced us. Her friend was cute but she looked like drama. Drama that I didn't want around me or her really. I could tell what type of friend she was although I've only known her for two seconds. I could tell by how she looked at me with flirty eyes. "Hi...Quenton. I've heard about you." She smiled. "Oh yeah? Can't say the same but it's nice to meet you." I fake smiled back. She wasn't a real friend to Jordyn, I knew that much. If I wanted to get her upstairs in the bathroom right now I could.

"You guys are cute." She complimented as she grabbed another drink from the cooler. "We're not to-" Jordyn started but I cut her off. "Thank you." I intervened. Camille looked between the both of us before she laughed. "Okay then. Come dance with me?" She pulled at Jordyn's arm but she stopped and looked at me. "You gonna be here when I get back?" She asked and I nodded. "Yeah, I'll be here. Don't be long..." I pecked her lips before she ran off.

Couple Hours Later.

"Q! THAT'S ENOUGH! STOP IT!" Jordyn yelled as she pulled me off of Troy. As promised, I was rocking his shit for being in her face again tonight. She was dancing all over him, smiling in his face but I ended that shit quick. "Oh my God! He's bleeding!" She cried as she tried to help him but I snatched her up and pushed her the other way.

The music hadn't stopped but people were paying attention to the scene in front of them. There were a few guys tending to Troy, others watching me like I was crazy, and Jordyn's friends looking at her with pity. I didn't care not one bit though. "Que-Quenton! Get off of me!" She fussed as I dragged her ass out of the party. I had her by her arm, pulling her with me to my car.

"Shut the fuck up." I gritted as I patted my pockets for my keys. I unlocked it, opened the door and shoved her ass inside. She was yelling and banging on the window so I had to rush to the driver's side before anybody came out and saw us. Once inside, I quickly started the car and dashed off down the street. Jordyn was crying hysterically and I was clenching my jaw for dear life, my blood boiling hot.

"You're gonna get me kicked out of school Q! Why- why the fuck did you do that?! Huh?! You didn't have to beat him up." She shook her head at me as she sobbed into her hands. "Me? This is YOUR fault! You were in his face while I was sitting to the side! Dancing on him and shit! I told you I wasn't fucking playing." I fussed back at her. How could she blame me for something she brought on herself? It made no sense. I told her what I would do to him but she thought I was playing. She should've known better.

Jordyn's Apartment

The whole ride was full of Jordyn's cries and my yelling. It got so intense that she hit me while I was driving and my reflexes caught her ass back, hitting her right in the eye. I'm sure it would begin to bruise soon.

"Shit!" I cussed as I hit the steering wheel. Jordyn was already out the car and at her front door before I could catch her. I grabbed the keys from the ignition and hopped out, chasing after her. "Baby! Wait!" I called but she shut the door. When I got to it, I twisted the knob and to my surprise it opened. "Jordyn come here." I told her calmly as I locked her front door. She was still crying and slamming shit around as I tried to talk to her.

"You hit me too J, that's not fair." I huffed as I ran my hands down my face. I was still drunk and my damn face was stinging from her scratching me. "AND THIS IS NOT YOUR FUCKING FIRST TIME, QUENTON!" She screamed at me. Next thing you know she was marching over to me swinging, fussing about how she should report me and stop fucking with me.

"Stop hitting me, I'm sorry." I grabbed her arms to stop her from hitting me again. "Fuck you. Fuck you!" She continued to cry as I embraced her in my arms. I let her have her moment as I consoled her and carried her to her room. I laid her down on the bed and undressed her before stripping from my shirt and jeans. She balled into a fetal position as I climbed upward to hover over her. I kissed her face, mainly where the bruise was forming and whispered 'sorry' a million times. And I was. I didn't mean to hit her, I just get so angry and can't control myself sometimes.

"Stop it. Just leave." She sniffled. "You don't really want me to leave J. You would've locked me out." I stated knowingly with a light chuckle as I continued to kiss on her. Eventually, I forced her out of the position and made sure she stayed on her back. "Q, I'm serious. Stop it, I don't wanna have sex with you." Her voice sounded stern but I kept going. I used my knees to spread her legs open so I could get comfortable, removing her hands from my chest. "Shhh...you do. You're just upset that I hit you and I'm gonna make it up to you." I trailed my kisses to her neck and grabbed her thighs to keep her from squirming. "N-no...really stop it." She pushed at my shoulders but I barely moved.

I used one hand to pull my boxers down and tossed them aside. She used her hands to push herself upward but I pushed her back down. "Stop being so difficult Jordyn! I know you want this." I was mad now. She's doing the most tonight, has been since the party. And she wonders why I react the way that I do?

"You-you caaant do this Q, please leave." She whimpered as I entered her, letting out a deep grunt once inside. "Quit crying...just relax." I adjusted myself before stroking in and out of her slowly, her cries getting louder. Soon I had to put my hand over her mouth to silence her screams as I made up for tonight.

End of Flashback.

I didn't even notice I was crying until I tasted the salty tears rolling down my face. I licked my lips and wiped my face with a sniffle. I got myself together before starting my car and heading in the direction of her house. My calls went unanswered again but her read receipts were on so I know she saw my messages. Her silence was killing me and I needed it to stop now. I know what I did was wrong and I want her to forgive me for it.

I'm not who she thinks I am no matter what my actions say. Sometimes I just can't control them but that's okay right? Everybody has bad days...mine just seem to be too often.
---

Jabri Hampton

Like I said before man, kids were a weak spot for me. I thought I was gon' be home and high all night but I just got a call from Corey moms. She was crying, telling me that he was spazzin' in the house. Cussing and breaking shit and she ain't know what to do with him. I told her I was on my way to get him for the night so now I was in my car, driving over there.

This ain't the first time I had to get Corey from his moms but that was a minute ago. Honestly, he reminded me of myself somewhat; when I was younger. Just angry and wildin' cause he ain't happy with his situation. Poverty will do that to you, have you doing mad shit. It was sad but it was true. His moms had fell into a deep depression after they Pops got killed and she started using drugs. But even before that, they wasn't the happiest.

Pops in and out of they life, barely having a meal to eat, lights off, cold water, all the shit I been through so I understood. Everything except the Pops part because my Pops was always in my life. We used to bump heads a lot though but it's gotten better over the years.

Pulling up to South Bronx projects, I pulled over to the side and parked. I didn't have my crutch with me so I was in limp mode. I wasn't really in too much pain which was good because I was tryna walk without it. I ain't had a crutch since early high school and the shit was killing me. I hated being down in any form or fashion, that's why I stayed in trouble.

I made my way inside the building, the smell of piss instantly smacking me in the face causing me to mug. "Fucking stink in here." I grumbled to myself as I got to the elevator. I rode it up to the 3rd floor and exited once it dinged. Walking through the hallway, I remembered when I used to live in B building in Harlem. When my grandma was living, I stayed there with her. Then eventually moved with my Aunt Barb over in Ravenswood projects. I ain't made it out the hood yet but certain circumstances I ain't in no more and I'm thankful for that.

Being a product of your environment was true shit, deadass.

I walked up to apartment CA and knocked a few times before waiting for an answer. It took a minute before I heard the locks turning, Toya coming into view once the door opened. "Hey Jah...he's in his room." She sniffled as I stepped inside, pulling her into a comforting hug. I rubbed her back for a minute and kissed her forehead softly. "He straight, I got him." I told her. "He ain't even come in last night, just got in this morning. I heard he was around the corner stealing shit outta people yards. I told him he going down to stay with his grandma then after that, he went off." She explained as she walked into the kitchen to light her cigarette on the stove. I just shook my head as I listened to her talk.

Corey was a handful just like his brothers. They Pops used to talk about them all the time when he saw me. I knew exactly what he meant because it was me at one point but there was also a huge difference. I would never raise a hand to my moms; or any woman for that matter. And from my understanding all three of Toya's boys hit her back and cuss her out on they time. My Pops would fucking kill me. I mean I wasn't too surprised cause they Pops used to beat on her too but still, they her kids.

"Go away! Fuck! Lemme lone!" He spat behind the door after I knocked. I chuckled to myself and knocked again, hearing a thumping sound against the wall. "Nigga, you better open this damn door!" I said with another bang to the door. "Jah? She called you?" He looked surprised to see me as I walked inside his room. He had clothes everywhere, his tv had a big ass crack in it, the wall had a hole in it too. For a small lil nigga he was strong as shit.

(Corey)

"You buggin' yo, that's why she called me. Look at ya room...why you gon' fuck up ya own shit?" I asked him as I pulled my pants up. He sucked his teeth and shrugged. "I'on care man! She tryna send me to my Grandma house in Louisiana. I'on wanna go back down there." He grumbled as he fell back on his bed, picking at the hole in the wall. I leaned on the wall by the door and just watched him for a minute. He was biting on his bottom lip with his face screwed up as he wiped at his red eyes. I ain't gon' lie, that shit did something to me. Just seeing him cry, I could feel that same pain.

Shit, I felt some of it forreal in my situation right now.

"You moved back to get ya shit straight Corey, not to do the same shit you was doing. You gotta do better man." I told him. "I miss my daddy...if he was here we wouldn't be living like this. He woulda got us a big ass house man. He told me my moms didn't want that. He shoulda took me Jah, he shoulda took me with him." His cries got harsher as he jumped up, hitting the wall again. I ain't move for two reasons; one, I was injured and two he needed to let that out. If he wanted to fuck his room up? So be it, he gotta sleep in it. I let him have his moment before I walked over to help him off the floor.

"Pack a bag man. When you get back you cleaning this shit up too and you apologizing to ya moms." I told him sternly. I was deadass too. He nodded and went to his closet to grab his duffle bag so he could pack some clothes. "I'ma be out here when you ready..." I called to him as I walked down the hallway. When I got back to the living room I saw Toya sitting at the dinning room table with a belt tied around her arm and needle in the other hand. I was shocked that she was finna shoot up while Corey was home. That only made me think about if she did this shit around him all the time.

This was some wild shit.

"Yo Corey! Hurry up!" I hit the light in the dining room and called him again. I met him halfway so I could guide him out, mentally hoping he wouldn't glance at her. Thankfully, he didn't so we was out quick. "We gon' hit the carry out, you hungry?" I asked as we walked to the elevator. He just nodded and kept quiet until we got to the car. "I'on wanna come back Jah." He looked at me before we got in the car. I just nodded because I ain't know what to say. I wasn't really in a position to take care of him but my heart wouldn't let me not help him out. I basically watched him grow up; still watching him grow forreal. He needed guidance and I was tryna be that for him. He couldn't be a statistic, I wouldn't let him.

A/N: ANDRE IS PLAYED BY OMARION'S REAL BROTHER.

HOW Y'ALL FEEL ABOUT Q's 'SECRET'? Is his mistake' justifiable? Do y'all think Jordan reported him?

Corey just needs love y'all 😩😭. Jah is so sweet for coming to his rescue.

COMMENT AND VOTE! 💋💋~ CHOC

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

147 32 33
There are one of those days... Days when I suddenly feel all alone... When I feel like I don't belong anywhere And my head is hanging down Whenever t...
41.1K 1.6K 40
Summary: This story is about an incredible unique autistic girl and her two equally incredible best friends. Will they ever get out of the friend zon...
10.3K 310 19
3 sides to every story Yours. Mines. And the truth I act like everything is fine. I laugh at people's jokes, I do stupid shit with my friends and I...
8.4K 455 30
Wilhemina Venable ff ❦ Maybe my house burning down isn't a bad thing at all. "You told me to get out of your sight, but babe I'm always on your mi...