Mercy x Reader: Your Guardian...

De FFLlama

You were Dr. Angela "Mercy" Ziegler's medical assistant before the conflict at the Swiss base. After the figh... Mai multe

Author Note
Backstory
Chapter 1: The Doctor
Chapter 2: My Dreams
Chapter 3: Dead or Alive
Chapter 4: Flight
Chapter 5: Meet the Parents
Chapter 6: Stress
Chapter 7: A break
Chapter 8: Aloha
Chapter 9: Waikiki
Chapter 10: Paradise (lemon)
Chapter 10: Paradise (the real lemon)
Chapter 11: The Final Day
Chapter 12: Returning Home
Top 1000!
Chapter 13: Dr. Schmidt
Chapter 14: Ana
Chapter 15: Restless Night
Chapter 16: A Night to Remember (Lemon)
Chapter 16: A Night to Remember (Lemon for real this time)
Chapter 17: Life
Chapter 18: Halloween
1000 Followers!
Chapter 20: A Christmas Surprise
Chapter 21: Valentine's Day
Chapter 22: Success and waiting
Apologies
Chapter 23: Two New Angels
Apologies Pt 2
Chapter 24: Highs and Lows
Chapter 25: Dr. Schmidt's secret
Chapter 26: New Endeavour
Quick Update (I'm Sorry)

Chapter 19: Reflecting

3.7K 45 52
De FFLlama

Angela POV

I slammed the front door as I stepped outside, blood boiling. I let out a frustrated sigh and I start to walk away from our home. (Y/n) and I just had a fight, and I needed some time to cool off. Usually when feeling frustrated or I need time to think, I would take a walk. So that's exactly what I was doing.

It was fairly chilly today, with a cool breeze hitting my face. I had my white sweater over my long sleeve shirt and some pants. My hands were in my sweater pockets as I walked down the street. It was a fairly overcast, but sunlight still shown through the clouds.

I figured I didn't really have much of a place to go, so I'd head to a cafe, get some coffee, and then head to the park to think. I started to head towards the direction of the cafe I usually go to and just think of several things that come to mind.

The first thing I think about is Overwatch. I had barely completed my doctorate before being picked up by the organization. In fact, I had been interning for them during that time. I was super young back then. Youngest in my class and one of the youngest people in Overwatch. The only person who was my age was Jesse McCree and Fareeha was only 12 years old. She wasn't really in Overwatch, but she was at the base, and her mom was important.

Overwatch had been a big part of my life. I had made several discoveries while working for them, from the damage boost to the creation of the Valkyrie suit. Those happened later though, when (y/n) had joined my division a few years later. We were pretty much the same age, except I was a couple of months older than him.

Flashback

"Dr. Ziegler. A word." Jack says.

"Yes. Sure." I say and put down my work.

He motions me over and I go to him. We start to walk down the hallway to the main part of the medical bay. During the walk, he's telling me the situation.

"So Angela. I know you are working hard on improving your Caduceus staff and your swift response gear." He says.

"Ja. It's been a bit more difficult since Moira went to Blackwatch. Despite her methods, she knew how to use biotechnology quite well." I say.

"That's part of the reason why I'm here. Ever since Moira joined Blackwatch and the other scientist you worked with is working with Winston, we found someone who will join your division."

"Are they qualified?"

"Of course he is. Otherwise he wouldn't be here."

"I know, but is he able to perform the necessary tasks in my division?"

"That's for you to decide."

We arrive into the main room and I see who my new coworker is. He has (h/c) hair, (e/c) eyes, and is fairly attractive in my eyes. However, I wasn't going to let looks or any feeling of love get in the way of my work. I had too much to do to be thinking of that.

"Dr. (F/n) (L/n), this is Dr. Angela Ziegler. She will be the head of your division and your coworker." Jack says.

"Dr. Ziegler. I-it's an honor to meet you." (Y/n) says, shaking my hand.

"Likewise. I take it you've studied in the medical field and have your doctorates." I say.

"Yes. I am a biochemist in the medical field."

"Ah. Chemistry. I'm not sure I have use for you."

"I'm sure I can adapt to whatever you need. Besides, everyone can use a bit of chemistry. Works well in science and with people. Besides, from what Overwatch has said, you need a new person to help with research."

"Can you innovate?"

"I have in the past and I have no desire to stop."

"Hmm." I think a bit. I do need another person. Just a chemist wasn't my desire. I suppose he may be able to help with the damage boost. As for other tasks well, we may have to just wait and see. "Alright. Welcome to the team."

(Y/n) looks really happy and we shake hands again. I give him a tour of the place and he seems very interested. What started as just a coworker and his boss doing work together would soon evolve into a close bond that would be shared for years to come, only growing closer throughout those years.

Flashback end

I arrive at the coffee shop and there a few people there, with no one in line. I go up to the register and an Omnic who I've seen several times waves and takes my order.

"The usual Angela?" He asks.

"Nein. Not this time. I'll take a medium vanilla cappuccino. Extra vanilla and whole milk." I say.

"That's definitely not the usual. I see your fiancé isn't with you, either. Did something happen?"

"Yeah. We just had a little fight. That's all."

"It happens. You still love each other, right?"

"Of course."

"Then I'm sure you'll both get over it. He'll apologize soon and you'll be back to the adorable couple you are."

I giggle and hand him the money. As I'm waiting for the coffee, I think about one winter (y/n) and I spent together before we were a couple and still in Overwatch. We were in Switzerland, and several of us decided to have

Flashback time

"Come on Angela. It'll be fun." (Y/n) says.

"Yeah love. You need to unwind a bit. Have some fun in the snow." Lena says.

"I've had my fair share of snow days. I'm from this country. It's nothing out of the ordinary. Besides, I have some things to do." I say.

"But those are booooring. This'll be fun! How can you work if you don't have some time to unwind. You'll be coped up in your little office and miss out on all the fun opportunities life has. Come on."

"Lena, I know you just want me out there to make a snow angel so you can make a pun."

Lena looks down and whistles. "Now why would I do such a thing?"

"Come on. Just for a little bit." (Y/n) says.

I sigh. "Alright, but only to keep you guys quiet. Then it's back to work. I need to get this paper published soon."

Lena cheers and we head outside, where several other Overwatch agents are out having fun. There are a few having a snowball fight and Ana and Winston were building a snow... gorilla? Maybe it would look better when it was completed.

Lena blinks off almost as soon as she gets outside and immediately starts to join the snowball fight on the same team as Fareeha and Jesse. I can't help but laugh at her enthusiasm. Then a snowball hits me. I turn to see who threw it and it's none other than (y/n).

"One to zero. I'm winning." He says before running behind cover in Lena's team.

"Du schweinhund!" I yell at him before running over to Gabriel and Reinhardt's team.

"Glad you could join us Angela." Gabriel says.

"Ja! We could use all the help we can get!" Reinhardt says.

"Let's show these youngsters how it's done." Torbjörn says.

"Jesse and (y/n) are the same age as me, though." I say.

"Your point? Their average is younger!"

"Alright. Alright. We have more experience with snowball fights than them, don't we Torbjörn?"

"I'd say we do! Snow is an old friend of ours!"

The snowball fight ensues, and it's a lot of fun. Lena and (y/n) were right. I did need some time to unwind. I must've hit (y/n) a couple of times, and we forbid Lena from using her accelerator, since that would be cheating. When it was declared my team was the victor, we got up and shook hands for a good fight.

"You are one good shot, Angela." Jesse says.

"Danke. I've had a bit of experience over the years doing this. Guess it's all paid off." I say.

"Only reason why you won was because Torbjörn was smaller than your fort." Lena says.

"Reinhardt made up for the height difference." Gabe says.

We talk a bit more and then several of them go to help out Winston with his snow gorilla or build their own snow sculpture. Not me though. I just fell into the snow and started to make snow angels.

"Want me to tell Lena?" I hear (y/n) say.

I look up and smile at him. "If you must. She'll notice sooner or later anyway. What's she up to right now?"

"She's building a snowman with her partner. He has a nice name."

"Haha. I guess he does. Care to join me?"

(Y/n) falls next to me and starts to make a snow angel too. It's not as good as mine, but not bad either. We lay their for a bit, just talking about random things. Until Lena shows up.

"Guess you're ANGELa now! The guardian angel is now the snow angel!" Lena says.

"Couldn't resist, huh?" I say.

"Nope! I'm heading back inside. Gonna warm up a bit."

"We should probably head back too. Angela wants to get back to work." (Y/n) says.

"I can take a bit more time off. But yeah. We should head in too." I say

Flashback time is over

My name gets called and I grab my coffee. I thank the workers and head outside to walk to the park. It's still fairly chilly, and the coffee warms me up. The walk is fairly uneventful, but still nice.

There's quite a few people at the park, having some fun on this autumn day. There are some people playing basketball and a few kids having fun on the playground. A few joggers run along the sidewalk and dirt trail as the birds make noises atop the trees. All the sights you'd find at a park.

I find a park bench by the pond and sit down there, soaking everything in. I kind of wish I had (y/n) with me. Why did we have to fight? I honestly do not remember what we were fighting over, but it was probably nothing important. I do remember he was in the wrong, though, and he knew it.

I see a few ducks in the pond and a family with their daughter who looks to be about four years old feeding some. It was a cute sight. I imagine (y/n) and me in that situation; having a child of our own to care for. Another flashback occurs, remembering a time in my final year of college. Yes, during that time. Don't worry. It's not too dirty, and it'll make sense why I thought of this memory.

"That was amazing!" My client exclaims after we finish.

"I have to be. The better I am the more money I get." I say, jokingly.

"You're getting extra tonight. I haven't had good sex in a long time."

"Glad I could be of service."

"I hope I get to see that sweet butt of yours again soon."

I laugh and shake my butt a bit, teasing him. I then take some of his seed off of my face and put it in my mouth, giggling afterwards. Before he can request another session, I kiss his forehead and he tells me where the money is. I grab the money, my pajamas, and my shower supplies. I put on my flip flops and quickly run to the showers. No one is up or in the halls, so they can't see me naked. I quickly shower and put on my pajamas before going back to my room.

I enter my room and see my best friend and roommate Lucy laying on her bed on her phone. Lucy was from Great Britain, and had brown, wavy hair and hazel eyes. She notices me and waves. I wave back and put the money I earned in my wallet before laying down on my bed.

"Another successful night?" She asks.

"Ja. I was tipped extra actually." I say.

"Congrats!" She puts away her phone and looks over to me. "Getting money doing this is so easy. Horny stressed guys love us."

"Hopefully not too much. I don't want to do this forever."

"Yeah. We don't have much time left here, huh?"

"Nein. Soon we'll graduate and I'll actually be working for Overwatch. Do you have a job lined up?"

"No. I think I may be doing this a little bit longer."

"What? College?"

"No this whole sex thing. Might start filming myself and possibly my clients if they're up to it."

"I have no interest in doing that."

"You're fine offering your body to strangers for money, but won't film yourself masturbating?"

"One is with only one person. The other the whole world can see you. Besides, that's not the lifestyle I want to have. I want to help as many people as I can. Maybe later fall in love and start a family of my own."

"You're thinking long term fairly early. Hell, you're only two months into adulthood. I'm not settling down yet or even thinking about it. Who knows? I may eventually, but I'm not gonna think about it now."

"After what I've been through, a family is something I want to experience again. Of course I won't rush it, but I see no problem in thinking about this."

"We'll find the right man sooner or later."

"Ja. Just think about it. A fall day at the park, with my significant other and my child. Maybe feeding the ducks. It's a cute thought."

"It is, but you're getting ahead of yourself. All I'm thinking of doing is graduating and getting a job. Once I do that, I'll let life take me. Maybe I'll find someone, maybe not. There's no telling."

"Yeah. Hope life treats you right."

"Me too. I hope your life at Overwatch is a good one."

"I hope so, too." It's quite for a few moments and then I say "Why is it we talk about these sorts of things late at night?"

"Because we have nothing better to do?"

"We could always sleep."

"It's the bloody weekend Angela. We don't have to wake up early. We could sleep until noon if we wanted to."

"I know. One of the perks of the weekend I guess."

"That being said, I am pretty tired."

"I guess we could use some shuteye."

"See ya at noon."

"Haha. Have fun dreaming of your future family."

"Will do."

After I finish reflecting, I sigh and begin to think of (y/n) again. Why did we have to have a fight? We hadn't really fought since back in Overwatch over conflicting methods. This time it was a bit more personal.

I then get a text from (y/n). He apologizes for fighting and asks if I could come home. I tell him yes and start the trek home. All of this reflecting has cooled me off (besides the weather) and I feel much better. I love (y/n), and I don't plan on stopping that. I don't think he will either.

My guess is confirmed when I open the door to the condo. He's standing by the entrance with some flowers in his hand. We embrace.

"I'm sorry Angela. It's my fault. You were right." He says

"It's alright. I still love you." I say.

"I hope you do."

I giggle and we share a passionate kiss. Once we separate, he hands me the flowers and I put them in a vase. We have a romantic steak dinner at home and start talking about the wedding, looking forward to our future.

(A/n) FINALLY! IT'S OUT! Sorry bout the delay. You know how busy I can be. Hopefully you enjoyed the chapter. It was a change of pace, giving us a few flashbacks on Angela's life. The wedding chapter should be next, but we'll see if I stick by that promise. Also, thank you so much for 1000 followers! I'm gonna release that thing next actually, so after the thank you is the wedding thing. Have a nice day :D

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

49 0 13
A waging war about to reach its conclusion. A fight between two dead men. Who will prevail? What will happen afterwards? It's going to be a long nigh...
8.2K 367 21
When Gabriel Reyes is provided with a new "superpower" because of an unwanted boitic adjustment, he finds he has to struggle with the consequences. N...
22.6K 1K 16
Jack Morrison is considered a farm boy, the Golden Boy, the most selfless one you could meet in Abnegation. But he decided to choose Dauntless when t...
87.5K 1.8K 40
Gabe grew in posture standing high above the arena with his grey skin tight t-shirt caressing the edges of his torso. His ginger haired doctor by his...