Evanescent | Park Jimin.

By _desertedhearts

"Be mine." It was never her intention to fall in love again after the agonizing heartbreak she had endured. ... More

Preface.
Prologue.
Chapter One.
Chapter Two.
Chapter Three.
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve.
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen.
Chapter Fifteen.
Chapter Sixteen.
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen.
Chapter Nineteen.
Chapter Twenty.
Chapter Twenty-one.
Chapter Twenty-two.
Chapter Twenty-three.
Chapter Twenty-four.
Chapter Twenty-five.
Chapter Twenty-seven.
Chapter Twenty-eight.
Chapter Twenty-nine.
Chapter Thirty.
Chapter Thirty-one; the Last.
Epilogue; The Beginning.
Thank You!

Chapter Twenty-six.

815 54 22
By _desertedhearts

"With you, I'm a beautiful mess."

-

"What's that?"

Jimin sighed on the other side, going quiet for a short while.

"I want you to come along with me to this party I'm going to tomorrow. Just a thought– you know? You can think about it, and then answer me, if you want to, of course. I'll–"

"Jimin," Sana laughed breathlessly. "It's fine, really. I've already made a decision."

"That is?"

She laughed again. "Of course I'm coming. What do you think? I can't even do that much of a small thing for you when you do so much? I'll come with you," she finished.

Jimin audibly sighed in relief on the other side, making her smile, albeit incredulously.

Of course she'd go.

-

"Do you think this'll do?" Sana asked, holding the dress close to herself as she looked at her reflection. Dongsoo climbed off of the bed and came to stand beside her, hand on chin as if contemplating existential crisis.

Sana rolled her eyes.

Dongsoo gave a good natured snort, nodding to herself. "It's pretty, prettier than the last one, and it'll suit you, too. Go for it," she said, holding the dress herself as she gazed over it closely.

Sana nodded, smiling. "Yeah, I think so too."

"What's this party for, by the way? Did he tell you anything?"

Sana's smile faltered, and she shrugged. "Not much, I think it's a gathering of sorts, though I can't be sure. Also, Jimin said he'd announce our relation publicly after this, he doesn't want any rumors tainting our relation or us."

"How romantic," Dongsoo drawled, placing a hand on her chest. "He really cares, huh? If it was any other self-obsessed, rude, dickhead of a CEO, I'm sure you'd know what it would be like. Park Jimin is not like any other rich man of South Korea, Park Jimin does not boast about his fame or looks or money, Park Jimin is very sweet. People should be like Park Jimin–"

Sana effectively muted her voice, already immune to her endless rambles, and worked on fitting into the dress.

Dongsoo only managed to stop talking when Sana was standing in front of the mirror with the elegant fabric gracing her body frame, a pretty fit reaching her knees, mostly frill at the bottom with intricate and delicate embroidery on net covering her shoulders and forearms, a thin leather band around her waist. Dongsoo gasped before jumping on her feet.

"This looks: amazing!" She exclaimed. "My, my. You look gorgeous, my daughter. Let's get you dolled up further, okay? I'm sure Jimin will have a minute heart attack after seeing you, you look so unbelievably–"

And there she went again. Sana rolled her eyes again and hit her arm without any malice.

-

To say that Jimin looked good would've been the biggest understatement of the year.

No– he looked absolutely breathtaking. Sure, seeing him clad in simple business suits was one thing, but he looked undeniably handsome in a designer suit. A skinny velvet jacket with floral embroidery, classic black cummerbund embracing his thin waist and little ruffles around his neck instead of a bow tie. Rather than the broad, bulky shoulders of a typical suit, his figure looked slim and elegant with fitted shoulders, as if especially made for him– without a doubt.

Vaguely, she registered that they were matching, albeit unplanned.

Jimin shook his hands subconsciously before moving to stand right in front of her, eyes wide and jaw slack for a moment as he took in her appearance, before a small smile graced his lips, and he lent his hand to her.

"You look heavenly, you know that?" His voice was low, raspy with a hint of fondness seeping into it, Sana basked in the feeling of it.

She shook her head, easily falling in step with him, his hand tightly clasped around her smaller one. "Stop, you're too much," she muttered. "You look amazing, not that you usually don't, but yeah– your suit, it looks great, and you do too, absolutely breathtaking–"

"Thank you, baby," he laughed, and Sana briefly considered going back to the safety of her room, wrapping herself in blankets while she wallowed in self pity and embarrassment, all of this while her stomach stupidly flipped at the endearing little pet name.

'Oh well.'

-

After the long processes of formal greetings from everyone and anyone around, they were finally seated on a large, elegant table, just for the two of them. Jimin placed his hand on her thigh when she started to look around nervously, bringing all of her worries to a halt, his touch warm on her skin.

Sana gave him an assuring smile, nodding slightly. Sliding his chair closer, Jimin grabbed ahold of her hand, something she was immensely thankful for, and they shared another meaningful look before the rest of the guests started to join.

Having lived alongside Jimin, Sana knew almost all the guests that showed up to greet them, something she never would've imagined herself to be doing. It was natural, though, so didn't give it much thought, instead brought a smile on her face when Jimin asked if she was okay.

She was okay, way better than that.

That was, until her temples started to ache slowly, the pain small in the beginning, something she thought would slowly ebb away as the night progressed.

The headache had, however, other plans. She waited until the formal dinner, staying close to Jimin as he met and introduced her to new people, arm securely wrapped around her waist.

However, as they were done with drinks after dinner, she couldn't hold it in anymore, and told Jimin she wanted to get fresh air. He looked at her with creased eyebrows, hand coming up to feel her forehead.

"C'mon, I know where the balcony is," he said, starting to get up. Sana shook her head and placed her hand on his arm, stopping him. "It's fine, you stay here. I'll ask one of the waiters here, you–"

"Sana." Jimin's voice was stern, low even. "I told you, I'm coming with you. Okay? This doesn't matter to me when you're not okay," he spoke, gaze softening as he looked at her expression.

Finally, she relented, nodding slowly as she let him steer her away from the crowd, going up some stairs and then another long corridor, then a large door, finally, fresh air.

Sana inhaled deeply, head throbbing with even the smallest of movements. She cursed at herself, walking towards the railing.

"Sana?"

She hummed. Turned towards him after a beat of silence.

"Baby, if you're not feeling okay, you can go back. The gathering's almost come to an end anyway, take a rest," he spoke carefully, eyeing her with an intense gaze, worried.

Sana watched, and watched, and then– her breath stuttered. She closed her eyes, taking another deep breath.

'I love him, God– I love him so much.'

She opened her eyes to find him still with his eyes on her, uncertain and concerned. Affection flooded her senses, and she nodded slowly, tongue darting out to wet her dry lips.

"Yeah– okay, I'll go."

That was all, all of her courage. She was a coward.

'I need to tell him, he deserves to hear it.'

"Will you stay?" She asked.

'Stop it.'

"Yeah, I need to stay, though I'll be back in less than half an hour. Go to my apartment, I'll see you there?"

'Tell him.'

"Yeah, okay, I'll go there." She wanted to jump off the same balcony they were standing on.

Nodding, Jimin took two smooth strides, carefully placing his hand on the small of her back. Leaning in, he pecked her forehead, touch light and careful and so full of affection, Sana could cry. Going further, he pecked her cheeks, forehead again, and her lips, finally.

"Be safe, I'll be there quick."

She never hated herself more than she did in that very moment.

Sitting back in his car, with his chauffeur, she glanced outside, nodding to herself, lips pursed in a thin line.

Tonight was it. She was gonna tell him, fuck any and all cowardice and uncertainties. She would do it.

Only that life always had other plans, and what she never had in mind took place.

'Cruel, so cruel.'

-

I'm so sorry.
BUT DON'T KILL ME! IT'S NOT THAT BAD, I SWEAR!
I'm just a little shit and love to torture my babies, that's all.
But don't worry, it's nothing that deep, just a– turn of events?
/disappears/

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

237K 3.4K 27
Jungkook as your boyfriend......just imagine [SLOW UPDATES]
6.2K 429 10
Jungkook was simply trying to get his lovely hyung and co-worker Yoongi to get together with the perfect guy after his hard breakup. But he didn't an...
9.5K 680 33
>>>>>> Jeon Jungkook, he is the CEO of Jeons and also Mafia King he was ruthless and heartless nobody knows his name or saw his face they are only kn...
58.1K 3.3K 39
Jeon Jungkook, or people call him Mr. JEON . The Youngest CEO of "JEON ENTERPRISES" A very talented , hardworking, He has stoic demeanor , with dazzl...