P.S - I'm Not Your Barbie

By Rebel_Rosa

All my life, my family and I have been living the American Dream. Or at least that's the front we put up to a... More

Good Girl, No Way (ch.1)
Ditching and Justin Beiber (ch.2)
A Thanks.... Kind Of.
Daredevil in the Making.... (ch.3)
Oopsie! I Didn't Mean Too.... Yes I did (ch.4)
Yeah, You're Perfect and I Have A Lion Up My Ass (ch.5)
What do you Want Now? (ch. 6)
Hubba Bubba Chuba (ch. 7)
Just Wondering Chica (ch.8)
Teacups (ch.9)
Cue the Dark Music (ch.10)
Oh No You Didn't (ch.11)
You Have To Shoot Him Sweetheart, Or I'll Shoot You (Ch. 12)
I Did It for Him (ch.13)
Another Dinner, Watch out... (ch. 14)
What Happened to my Hair? (ch.15)
I'm Not Cool, I'm Amazing (ch. 16)
Welcome to the Family (ch 17)
The Time (ch 18)
Metamorphosis (ch 20)
Disappointment (ch 21)
Author's Note
Welcome Back Attitude (ch 22)
A Crazy Little Thing Called Betrayal (ch 23)
"Oopsie-freaking-daisy." (Ch. 24)
Unfreaking believable

Hey Brother (ch 19)

533 24 5
By Rebel_Rosa

I have decided to dedicate my chapter to Lexie_Wolf. That's all for now, enjoy.

-R

Jesse's POV

I watched the two as they stared at each other, confused and... Relieved. They stood there silently memorizing each other as if they knew their time would be limited. I felt like I was intruding on a sacred moment, no matter how bizarre that sounded.

It was mind consuming as I sat on the uncomfortable chairs in the hospital. There was still no news on Jessica, she was in surgery. Apparently the bullet hit a vein and there was a lot of blood lost on the way to the hospital.

Still, the events of earlier tonight did not leave my head.

I was silent during the whole reunion between the Serpentes and the Mandes, observing as each surprise came one after the other like a storm. Overall, it was like watching an action movie.

After seeing the blood come out of the door, I knew it had to be the work of James, only he would leave the scene so messy and filled with evidence. It was like he wanted to be found. Like he needed to be found. I think that he's just too stupid to do something right the first time, but that's just a matter of opinion.

As I look around the waiting room, I feel a dark cloud on top of my head. I am alone, surrounded by empty chairs, nothing living in sight.

I would have brought the siblings with me, but Rosalie and Landon left with the car after we drove to the hospital, making up some excuse around the lines of "I left the pizza in the oven."

I let out a sigh, exasperated. How much longer will I have to wait before I can get even an ounce of information out of the doctors?

 I contemplate on whether I should go ask the nurses one more time, but after the last time, I'd rather not. Let's just say I bedpan was involved and i had to hold an ice pack on my stuff for an hour while curious old ladies tried to talk to me. 

My eyes find the clock hanging on the wall to my right, watching as the seconds tick by and time becomes part of the past.

I feel angry as I wait for news on Jessica, my patience hanging on a thread. I understand the fact that I may or may not be overreacting, it's just a shot to the shoulder, but there are parts of Jessica's past that  have made her physically weaker. I gunshot to the shoulder could be fatal if not handled immediately.

"Sir, are you here for Jessica Mandes?" A voice asks, making me snap out of my thoughts and lift my head.

I nod in confirmation, somehow unable to let out any words as I wait for the news. "She's going to be okay. Surgery went well, and you can see her in a few minutes after the nurses have finished getting everything ready."

"Thank you." I reply.

The doctor nods and turns away, walking to another room across the hall. I lift myself from the uncomfortable chair and straighten my jacket. My eyes are transfixed on the door where my innocent little Jessica is hiding behind.

Oh how I just wish she would finally remember.

------------

My eyes meet those of the one who just opened the door, unable to look away. I soon forget about the middle-aged nurse hooking up the I.V into my wrist.

Jesse.

A wave of reassurance rolls over me and I find myself moving my shoulders back at the tension. His dark gaze is on mine and I wonder what I should do. 

A part of me wants to keep on looking at him, see what he has to say. I want to know what he's been hiding, the clues were obvious as Landon, Rosalie, and Jesse were talking in the car. 

After I fainted from the searing pain in my shoulder and all the information that was dropped onto me when I saw James, I found myself laying on the backseat of the SUV. The three were in a heated conversation, so I decided to keep my mouth shut and pretend to still be unconscious. Thankfully, my acting skills finally came to use and none of then even had the slightest idea that I was very much awake, listening in on their conversation.

"Jesse, when are you going to tell her?" Rosalie asks, her curiosity getting the best of her.

"Rosalie, when are you going to tell James you're still in love with him?" Jesse shoots back almost instantly. I feel his gaze on my body and his fingers thread through my hair.

"Guys, can both of you just calm down? We all aren't in any condition to be having this argument." Landon butts in.

"Be quiet Landon. We all know you have problems of your own with Lana, so don't butt in like everything is perfect in your life." Rosalie hisses.

"What are you talking about?" Landon asks.

"Come on man, we all know about my sister's obsession with you." Jesse says. 

Suddenly, I let out a sigh and I feel Jesse moves closer to me. "Guys I think she's waking up."

I open  my eyes and the car falls silent.

Jesse doesn't make any move to come closer to me, nor do I. I try looking away, or at least I tell myself to, but my body seems to have grown a mind of it's own. I find myself drowning in his deep blue eyes and I fight the urge to laugh.

When have I ever had the chance to think something so cliché? I can safely check that off my bucket list.

Our eyes are still connected with an invisible cord until the nurse loudly clears her throat and my head turns towards hers. I find my eyes staring at anywhere and everywhere that isn't Jesse's heated gaze.

How did that just happen? I am not one who usually stares at people openly. I do it alone when nobody notices, like Nancy Drew or something.

I run a hand through my now slightly greasy hair and remember the time when I thought Jesse used that action as his signature move. A small smile forms on my face and I sneak a glance at Jesse who is still looking at me like he never stopped. Do I have broccoli in between my teeth or something? 

I ran my tongue over my pearly whites, trying to subtly take away any inexistent broccoli on my teeth.

He laughs. "No, you don't have broccoli in between your teeth Jessica."

"That's good. Mostly because I don't remember ever eating broccoli lately. Or ever." I answer him.

He laughs again and I find myself joining him, enjoying this side of him. Whenever we have ever talked together, Jesse has been this stiff figure, always locking himself away.

Then again. it's not like I ever tried to get to know him, I always thought of him as a jerk that had his panties tied up in a knot.

When he realises I stopped laughing, his own laughter subsides as he looks at me with pure lust. I barely notice when the nurse leaves the room after saying something around the words of "I'll leave you kids alone. Just don't do anything I wouldn't do, I don't want to be the one to have to clean the sheets later."

His heated gaze is on me as his eyes turn darker and darker by the minute and I find myself wondering what changed in these last few hours. As I rack my brain over trying to find something that could have created such a large change in the road, I come up with nothing.

I don't like Jesse. Sure he might be the definition of a ken doll, perfect looking, and he stayed with me as I was in the surgery room, but after all the wrong he's done I don't know what to think. He made me shoot Henry...

So then why was I feeling something strange towards him?

I am snapped out of my train of thoughts as Jesse finally moves one foot after the other, nearing my hospital bed.

I don't say anything as I wait for him to sit down, watching him with curiosity.

He never does though. Sit down I mean, because the next thing I know, my world is once again turned upside down.

"Hello brother."

My head snaps up and I stare at Alexander's face in recognition. His dark brown hair is so different from Jesse's blond up do, but their eyes are identical. Anybody with enough brain cells could see the resemblance, but don't let it fool you. We all know how the saying goes, right? Everything is not as it seems.

Cue the Wizards of Waverly Place theme music; Tu Du Du Dum Dum Dim.

"What are you doing here?" Jesse growls from beside me.

"Hey, hey boys. Calm yourselves!" I yell trying to avoid a future bloodbath.

Both heads snap to me and I find myself regretting the fact that I spoke up.

Oh boy.

My mind is turning in circles as I look left and right at the two brothers, suddenly feeling light headed.

Voices are yelling and this beeping sound coming from my side is irritating me. My vision turns blurry and the next thing I know, I have once again lost consciousness.

Can somebody please tell me where the bad girl went? I am starting to get sick of this goody two shoes.

Sorry for the short chapter. Please vote and comment telling me what you thought. It's always greatly appreciated. Write to you later,

-R

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

355K 7.6K 37
I kept running and running, my heart beating fast, my legs burning from all the cuts and bruises, my breathing becoming harder with each passing seco...
2.2K 44 23
He's not bad. He just looks like it. -------*******------- Riley didn't know or care about her father, until he shows up at her doorstep, and flips h...
8.2M 195K 100
"WHY CAN'T YOU GET IT INSIDE YOUR HEAD?" He trapped my trembling body between his arms and slammed his fist into the wall. I flinch at the sound as I...
1.6K 50 17
Being a teenager isn't any Hollywood production. Now, add powers, a family secret, and a few people who want you dead! Welcome to my world! Names Ana...