Evanescent | Park Jimin.

By _desertedhearts

"Be mine." It was never her intention to fall in love again after the agonizing heartbreak she had endured. ... More

Preface.
Prologue.
Chapter One.
Chapter Two.
Chapter Three.
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve.
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen.
Chapter Fifteen.
Chapter Sixteen.
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen.
Chapter Nineteen.
Chapter Twenty-one.
Chapter Twenty-two.
Chapter Twenty-three.
Chapter Twenty-four.
Chapter Twenty-five.
Chapter Twenty-six.
Chapter Twenty-seven.
Chapter Twenty-eight.
Chapter Twenty-nine.
Chapter Thirty.
Chapter Thirty-one; the Last.
Epilogue; The Beginning.
Thank You!

Chapter Twenty.

876 65 11
By _desertedhearts

"One little kiss can turn into a thousand,
One little touch and I'm gone."

-

Park Jimin, Sana had declared proudly to herself in the safety of her room, was a man no one could possible stay away from, even if tried with one's all might. He casted this certain spell, a thick tension hanging in the air whenever they'd cross the boundaries of personal space, whenever his actions were way too intimate for someone who's goal wasn't to fluster the other, whenever the mere touch of skin happened.

So the platonic card, it was thrown away a long, long time ago.

Jimin had his certain ways. Sana wasn't sure if it was intentional or it was just his nature, but he had his own charisma, a glowing charm that attracted so many.

The way he spoke, soft and mellifluous. The way he walked, confident, steps firm. The way he cared, the way he smiled, impossibly soft and endearing, the way he laughed, the way he gazed at her, so soft yet so intense.

He, somehow, made her take notice of such minute details unknowingly, and even though she hadn't voiced out her inner turmoil and a jumbled mess of feelings, she knew the way she was around him couldn't be wronged.

She knew it, and she knew that he knew it. How was he so good at making her feel so flustered yet so content and at peace at the same time?

Sana came to conclude that it wasn't an act, never. Someone like Jimin wouldn't ever go so low and horrible. It was a part of him, or maybe his body reacted that way completely naturally around her.

'I'm sure he feels it too. It can't go unnoticed, never,' she had thought.

With these thoughts still hanging heavy in her chest, they spent the rest of the day out, Jimin showing Sana every beautiful place they could manage to go to in a span of some hours. He showed her his own lands, green fields that stretched out to God knows how far. When she had turned around to praise him, she almost missed the slight red flush covering the tip of his ears.

It finally dawned upon them that they had to go back too when darkness took over, leaving them alone and cold in the fields, still walking and talking like they had met for the first time.

For the first time in the whole day, Sana grew wary over the nature surrounding them like a blanket, the dark sky looming over them, suddenly aware of the fact that any creature, big or small, deadly or not deadly, could be lurking in the dense forest. 

"Jimin, are you sure this is the right way?" She finally asked when they kept walking on a stony path, huge trees on their sides as they walked on the narrow pathway, the only source of sound being the crickets and leaves crunching under their boots.

"I feel like it is, though I'm not sure. I can't believe this, this is the first time I actually feel lost here. I knew these places like the back of my hand," he answered, and Sana saw a crease form between his brows as he spoke.

Suddenly, she wanted to soothe that with her thumb.

Jolting awake from her daze, she was quick to shake that thought away as an irrelevant one, trying to focus where her feet went.

Jimin halted, causing her stop too, raising her brows questioningly. Without saying a word, he lifted his hand, lending it to Sana. "Let's not part, it's too dark," she heard him distantly, as if he was speaking with a barrier of water between them. She stared at his hand for a moment before lifting her gaze towards him, almost cooing at the sight despite the urgency of the situation.

Even under the moonlight, his features were strikingly clear and vivid, hair shining unrealistically as his eyelashes casted shadows onto the apple of his cheeks, lips pressed together as he kept his eyes down on his hand.

'It's always the guy who exaggerates and expresses the beauty of his crush in books and movies. In this case, I feel like I should be the one doing that, this man is unreal for all I know,' Sana thought dimly.

Before he could think he had done something wrong, Sana extended her arm and slipped her hand into his, the warmth immediately seeping into her skin, making her shiver.

His eyes slowly met hers, and both smiled at each other, Jimin tightening his hold as he took the first step, Sana walking beside him.

Silence took over once again as soon as they fell into step again, and Sana tentatively wondered how mere silence and presence of someone so close could provide such a sense of comfort and security.

It was until her gaze fell onto the ground, eyes widening comically as she stopped abruptly, pulling Jimin back along with her.

"Wha–what? What happened? Are you okay?" Jimin asked as he turned around and saw her alarmed and pale face, as if she had seen a ghost.

"Sana?" He softly spoke again.

"Ji-Jimin..snake. It's a–snake, oh my God. A snake!" Sana flinched back again, pulling Jimin again before he could say anything. True enough, when he turned around to see where her eyes were strained to, he saw the reptile, curling upon itself. It wasn't too big, but was enough to cover the whole length of his arm.

Jimin took a cautious step forward and the snake unfolded, hissing out. Behind him, Sana squeaked and tightened her hold on his hand, the other hand coming up to curl around his arm.

"N-No don't go closer. It can harm you. Please," Sana spoke shakily, as if the snake would jump on them any moment. Jimin wasn't sure what her voice was laced with, but there was something about it that made him stop, turning around to face her.

"Such animals only attack when they fear a predator, mostly to defend themselves. We don't have anything to defend ourselves from it, and the path is way too narrow for us to go over the snake," he explained carefully.

"Then what do we do? Gosh, I'm so sorry, this is all my fault. We never should've– eek it's moving!– never should've come here, I pressed on staying for a while more and–"

"Hey, shh," he shushed her, his free hand instantly coming up to palm her cheek, holding her gaze for a few moments before speaking. "It's no one's fault. Your's the least. Okay? We'll find a way out."

"But we–"

"No, I said it. It's no one's fault. Yeah?" He waited until she moved her head in a nod, nodding himself. Slowly removing his hand from her face, he turned around only to find nothing on the ground.

"Wait– what?" Sana said incredulously, eyes wide.

"It left itself. Wow– okay. Makes things easier for us. Let's get going before anything else comes in way."

If only things were easier.

It seemed as if nothing wanted them to reach the safety of Jimin's home, because not even five minutes later, thick, dark clouds covered up the face of the moon, preventing the moonlit road from being visible to their eyes.

Jimin groaned, fishing out for his phone, only to find it dead.

"Great!" He muttered almost incoherently.

"Hey? My phone's charged. We can-uh, use it?" Sana offered timidly, and Jimin only spent a few seconds before taking her phone, the flash lightening up the path.

'I knew I had an inkling that this wasn't such a good thought, should've listened to my senses when when they spoke up for once,' Jimin thought grimly, going back to the moment when he had a feeling something would happen.

Well, who was to blame here?

By the time they reached his car parked on the road, they were freezing cold even under the layer of clothes and a coat. They still kept their hands entwined, though, sighing in relief when the vehicle came into view.

"Thank goodness, I thought we'd be lost there for the rest of the night," Sana muttered petulantly, and Jimin only chuckled, nodding in agreement.

But the idea didn't seem too bad to either, which both admitted to, internally, albeit ashamed and embarrassed.

-

Staring at the gadget in his hands, glaring at it as if it had offended him and his complete family tree, Jimin sat on the bed with his back against the headboard.

He could almost hear Jeongguk's witty remarks and wry comments, his voice ringing in his head like a bell.

'Seriously hyung, why don't you tell her?'

Snorting, he rolled his eyes and let go of the phone, closing his eyes shortly. Soon enough, like the repetition of the day earlier, a soft knock resonated in the silence of the room. Rubbing a hand over his face, he sighed and stood up, opening the door to find Sana standing with two large mugs in hands.

Smiling softly, she lifted the mugs.

"Hot chocolate?"

Jimin closed the door behind him, nodding as he took one mug from her and chuckled. "Hot chocolate," he muttered in agreement.

Taking a step forward, he walked down the stairs. "I was wondering," spoke Jimin and from behind him, he heard her footsteps padding softly on the carpeted floor. "Hmm?" She hummed.

"How does watching a movie sound like?" He mused, to himself as well as the girl beside him. Sana giggled, the sound soft and mellow and so, so gentle.

He briefly wondered how he was able to cope with so much softness at once.

"Movie with hot chocolate sounds tempting," she replied.

Jimin smirked, taking another sip of the drink in his hand. "Oh it does, especially with the thought of being surrounded with pillows and blankets and warmth," he huffed out.

Sana stopped, putting a show of disbelief as he turned to look at her with raised eyebrows. "Don't tell me, you're such a huge softie, Park Jimin. Who knew," she laughed, and pretty much surprisingly, Jimin laughed along.

"But come on, be more specific. What is it that you want?" She joked.

"Sana, would you do me the honor of cuddling while watching a movie, accompanied by hot chocolate?" He dramatically lent his hand, bowing his head. Sana cackled loudly before taking it, nodding. "Will do for sure, with the promise of all offered warmth and mellowness," she mused.

"Perfect," he grinned, each one of his teeth visible, eyes crinkling as his smile widened. Sana had to mentally keep her sanity in check for the fear and dread of dropping the mug right there and then, all in efforts of clutching her chest.

-

They didn't know how they ended up like that, at all. All they remember was watching the movie, a romcom at that, covered by a single blanket, surrounded by the fluffiness o pillows. How they ended up with Jimin's arm around her shoulders, Sana's head resting comfortably on his shoulder, partly in the crook of his neck, it was still a mystery.

(Wasn't really. Both were just evading the fact that the closeness and warmth was too addicting to resist.)

With the sound of the movie serving as a background sound, they fell asleep fast in the safety of each others' arms, warm and soft soft soft soft.

Sana dimly realized that even sleeping in a sitting position, she hadn't slept this well in a long time. As for Jimin, he could certainly, although a bit reluctantly, agree to that.

Like that, they didn't separate for the rest of the night, safe and happy and so, so content.

-

The ending was the only part of this chapter that seemed better to me. Other than that, the rest felt like irrelevant rambling and I'm not even surprised smh. I seriously need motivation.
lOvE yOurselF 'ansWer' wHere R u 😔

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

359K 11.8K 49
Where two idiots doesn't know what relationship they have....! But still doesn't even bother to search for the answer.!! JEON JUNGKOOK The powerful C...
6.3K 429 10
Jungkook was simply trying to get his lovely hyung and co-worker Yoongi to get together with the perfect guy after his hard breakup. But he didn't an...
748K 42.5K 79
Story by cutegir2002 ** A story about The CEO of Jeon Passion ent. Jeon Jungkook and his secretary Kim Taehyung. Two exactly opposite people, with tw...
11.9K 737 33
>>>>>> Jeon Jungkook, he is the CEO of Jeons and also Mafia King he was ruthless and heartless nobody knows his name or saw his face they are only kn...