Book I: Burnt Bliss [BoyxBoy]

By Pixiebelles

"We're planning on meeting with Sarah and her parents next week. How would you like that?" "That sounds...bri... More

Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Prospect
Chapter 2: The Darkest Light Before the Dawn
Chapter 3: A New Day
Chapter 4: Class Conflict
Chapter 5: Stars Align
Chapter 6: Power Play
Chapter 7: Cusp
Chapter 8: Reading Between the Lines
Chapter 9: Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder
Chapter 10: Flight of Birds, Buzzing of Bees
Chapter 11: Give & Take
Chapter 12: Wildest Dreams
Chapter 13: Designs on Sarah
Chapter 14: Culture Shock
Chapter 15: Counting on You
Chapter 16: Lily Blooms
Chapter 17: Masque
Chapter 18: Spring Fever
Chapter 19: In Their Heart of Hearts
Chapter 20: Double Standards
Chapter 21: Scapegrace
Chapter 22: Sweetest Sixteen
Chapter 23: Sparks
Chapter 24: The Writing On the Wall
Chapter 25: Fire at Will
Chapter 26: Blood In The Water
Chapter 27: Snap Decision
Chapter 29: Showdown
Chapter 30: Et tu, Matrem?
Chapter 31: Free Will!
Chapter 32: Illicit Tryst
Chapter 33: Last Chances
Chapter 34: Fight or Flight
Chapter 35: Silver Linings

Chapter 28: The Ways of Love

208 10 0
By Pixiebelles

In early August, Sarah's parents were going on a trip for a few days, visiting friends who were considering doing business with her family. Sarah had chosen to stay back and mind the house for the next few days. She felt she needed a break from all the talk her parents had done with Will's over the past few months. She hoped for a long engagement--to eventually break it off, somehow--but Margaret kept dropping hints of wedding plans.

"Promise to be good while we're away?" Natalie playfully quipped, leaning into her daughter as they walked out of their home.

"I'll do my very best." She replied, linking arms with her mother as they approached her carriage.

"I hope it goes well with their account. Tell everyone I said hello." She said, hugging her mother, then handing her luggage to a nearby servant.

"That's our hope." Her father said, joining them, satchel in hand. She hugged him as well before he climbed into the carriage.

"Good luck!" She called out, waving good-bye as they pulled away.

As she walked back inside, she felt a remarkable surge of freedom overtake her. She decided her first move while temporarily in charge was that she'd give the servants the night off, let them retire early.

"Go on, take the evening off, really." She encouraged, happily waving them off. "We've already eaten, and if I want anything, I'll just come ask."

Various assistants thanked her as they happily walked off.

"Oh, but James." She cooed sweetly, just as he was about to leave the room.

He turned around, face scrunched up in confusion. "Uh, yes?"

"Would you help me with something upstairs, please?" She purred, flashing a radiant smile.

"If--you...need me to." His speech was fragmented with apprehension. He'd rarely gone upstairs as it wasn't his usual post.

As he watched Sarah ascend the stairs, he started to understand why she was doing this. Her light pink gown swished in front of him as she climbed higher. He nervously readjusted his shift and ran a hand through his dark hair.

Once he reached her doorway, he paused, and quietly gulped, still a bit anxious as he stood motionless. What was he doing?! Wasn't this against the rules?

He looked around, noting all he saw. He'd never been in Sarah's room before, and had always wondered what it looked like.

The light pink walls were half painted, with light brown calico prints adorning the bottom half. Beautiful sconces caught his eye, along with light pink silk curtains on the large windows on the far wall.

Her fireplace had crown moulding and a freshly lit small fire. A large mirror with gold trim gleamed above it in the light of early evening.

Her soft-looking bed had lush white blankets and a dark bed frame, to match her cherry wood boudoir. The side table next to her bed held a gold trident of currently unlit candles.

His eyes scanned the pretty room, but still felt hesitated, assuming he might be doing something he shouldn't. But he was technically invited here and he couldn't refuse, as Sarah was technically in charge.

Sarah approached her side table and struck a match. Her hands were trembling so much, she almost knocked the candles over. But she had to maintain her confidence.

"Come on in." She murmured looking back with a smoldering gaze.

Looking around nervously, he took a small step forward. He was now in her room.

He felt a strange combination of worry being someplace he generally shouldn't, yet he couldn't deny his interest in Sarah's sensual intentions.

He awkwardly took a few small steps forward, averting his eyes from Sarah when she disappeared behind her partition to change for the evening.

Now alone, she excitedly scanned the array of silken dresses, underskirts and nightclothes for a moment, wondering which one would look the absolute best for James. This was it. This was happening. She needed everything to be perfect.

At last, she chose her best nighttime dressing gown. As she slid the cream-coloured silk over her petite figure, the layers of skirts swished gently when she smoothed them out.

The neckline was more revealing than her usual dresses, showing off her small, graceful curves. She then noticed a small bottle of champagne perched on a silver platter next to her boudoir that she'd forgotten about. She decided it was the perfect way to begin the celebration of her freedom and happily drank from it. She turned to her full-length mirror and confidently smiled.

Yes, this was it.

She brushed her hair smooth, readjusted the waist of her gown. She added a touch of honeysuckle perfume and noticed a pink flower hairpiece she carefully pinned onto her hair.

"I'm ready." She whispered to her reflection. She closed her eyes for a second to steady herself. Her hand slowly traced the soft fabric, slipping from her waist to hip, onto her thigh where she let it linger, just for a moment. Her stomach was fluttering; she couldn't deny the feelings coursing through her body. She opened her eyes, took a deep breath, and slid off her smallclothes from under her skirt.

"Would you mind closing the door please?" She requested, in a sticky-sweet voice, still out of James's sight. She was trembling, trying to calm herself.

"If--that's...of course." He choked out, skittish as he meekly sauntered to the other side of the room and stared at her doorway.

This was it.

If he closed this door, he knew what would happen. He knew what Sarah wanted, and he couldn't lie to himself anymore--he wanted it too. This was the last chance he had to say 'no'.

He pushed it shut and felt an energy overtake him. He turned around and couldn't move.

Because there Sarah stood, her soft, pink lips adorned with a coy grin.

She paused for a moment just then; she wanted to savour every image, every feeling as much as she could from this night. She watched the golden glow of candlelight glint in James's soft grey eyes.

They had widened when he saw her dress. Her figure was complemented by it in every way. The way the fabric fell upon her chest and cinched tight against her back. The cream colour that was a pleasant contrast with her curly brown hair, currently flowing freely beyond her shoulders. Her eyes had a sultry flash that never let up. She was beautiful, audacious, and her self-confidence was unwavering. He adjusted his shift, somehow feeling under-dressed.

He knew what she wanted.

She wanted him.

She gently pushed him against the door. When their lips flirtatiously mingled, he tasted champagne and his mind snapped back to the thrill of their very first kiss. Once again, it tasted classy, effervescent and it was something he was now privileged to enjoy. Something that perhaps he did deserve. As her tongue slowly slid between his warm lips, she reached beyond him and locked her bedroom door.

As soon as she did, a fluttering sensation arose within her, the thrills of her freedom, their passion, even a spark of control. She was pressed against him, she belonged in his arms.

James couldn't resist touching her silky dressing gown. His fingers gently traveled along the smooth fabric, which was snug against her firm waist. Now the only thing he wanted to do with her was--

"We shouldn't." He pulled back, looking away from her. He couldn't stand the intensity.

"But they're gone. Please?" She purred, turning his head back to face her, a hand smoothing out the neckline of her gown, eyes smoldering.

James couldn't help it--his eyes immediately snapped to her decolletage, then back up to her burning eyes. He dove back in, casting off his inhibitions. As they kissed, Sarah pulled him towards her bed.

Heart racing, he scooped her up and she felt a rush when he laid her on the bed, luxe white blankets and down pillows awaiting them.

Once he was atop her and they continued kissing, she ambitiously grabbed his hips, pulling his body directly onto hers. She slightly gasped, unprepared for the shock which seized her body--they had never been this close before. With his shyness quickly disappearing, he couldn't help but smile confidently at her reaction.

He tousled her soft curls with a slow, gentle awe. When his lips glazed along her neck with kiss after kiss, he was invigorated by her soft skin, the scent of her perfume. Her heart raced as the affections sped between them.

She slid her hand along his back, pulling off his shift, eager for more.

He leaned up and tossed it aside. Before he moved onto her again, she paused to drink in his trim physique. He dove into her yet again, but a moment later when her hand wandered onto his breeches, he leaned back, but she didn't let go of him.

"Tell me," she whispered with a sultry rush, arms now wrapped around his neck.

"Tell me you don't want me. Right here, right now. You can go, and this never happened. Or..."

"Or..." He repeated, staring down at her perfect body and alluring intentions.

He tried to hold back; tried to refuse her.

He dove back into her soft, wet lips. His kisses danced along her neck and chest. She lightly grazed a hand along his thigh, clearly aiming to tease him. Her heart raced beneath her chest when he ventured along her soft curves. Unable to wait, she eventually started tugged at his breeches. He obliged, wriggling just enough out of his breeches and small clothes.

A rush sped through her when he brazenly pushed up her skirts and advanced into her. She threw her head back and drew in a sharp breath, whimpering at this new sensation, scarcely breathing.

She squirmed under him, unable to stand the intensity. She enjoyed the feeling of his weight constantly pushing against her body, the taste of salt on his skin, the dazed look on his face. She flung her arms around his neck again, kissing him passionately. She didn't even notice her rose hair piece fell off.

Their constant motion created energy that swirled through their bodies at a dizzying pace. Sarah felt a pleasant shock overtake her, a tantalizing buzz that grew from within her and refused to cease.

The force between them was unstoppable. Each touch they shared pushed them closer and closer. When sweet tensions between them broke, they melted together, delightfully exhausted.

Laying back, trying to catch her breath, Sarah curled up to him, and decided it was the best feeling she'd ever experienced. Outside, the stars sparkled, approving and encouraging their love.

As they fell asleep together, tired and satisfied, Sarah was proud of herself. She knew she had started something amazing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...