I love you, Bestfriend.

By drishtaayyy

"I love you, Ashton" I whispered to his sleeping face, being careful so he doesn't hear. Quickly kissing him... More

Chapter 1:
Chapter 2:
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4:
Chapter 5:
Chapter 6:
Chapter 7:
Chapter 8:
Chapter 9:
Chapter 10:
Chapter 11:
Chapter 12:
Note:
Chapter 13:
Chapter 14:
Chapter 15:
Chapter 16:
Chapter 17:
Chapter 18:
Chapter 19:
Chapter 20:
Chapter 21:
Chapter 22:
Chapter 23:
Chapter 24:
Chapter 25:
Chapter 26:
Author's note: (Summary of characters)
Chapter 27:
Chapter 28:
Chapter 29:
Chapter 30:
Chapter 31:
Chapter 32:
Chapter 33:
Chapter 34:
Chapter 35:
Chapter 36:
Chapter 37:
Author's note:
Chapter 38:
Chapter 39:
Chapter 40:
Chapter 41:
Chapter 42:
Chapter 43:
Chapter 45:
Chapter 46:
Chapter 47:
Chapter 48:
Chapter 49:
Chapter 50:
Chapter 51:
Chapter 52:
Chapter 53:
Chapter 54:
Chapter 55:
Important notice:
Chapter 56:
Chapter 57:
Chapter 58:
Chapter 59:
Chapter 60:
Chapter 61:
Chapter 62:
Authors note, not an update:
Chapter 63:
Chapter 64:
Chapter 65:
Epilogue

Chapter 44:

673K 8.6K 4.2K
By drishtaayyy

"How long? It's literally 11 PM! We've been waiting down since an hour now!" Andrew yelled from downstairs.

Aw shoot. Had it been an hour already? I have so much left to do;  fix my hair, apply makeup - which takes forever when you're trying to perfect the wing. There was no way I was going to be ready in time.  On top of that, Maddison had locked herself in my washroom, and refused to open up. All of my makeup was lying inside, so I really, really needed to buck the hell up.

"Madds, are you done yet?" I called out to her.

"No, give me 2 minutes; I'm still curling my hair!" She replied.

"Alright." I decided there was no way I was going to get to use my makeup, there was no point in wasting time waiting for my idiot of a best friend who was currently curling her Rapunzel-length hair.

I rushed into my closet and picked up my red stilettos; I tried putting them on while I rushed to Lisa's room. Not exactly the best idea, not only did I look like a hoping kangaroo, but also tripped and fell face first. I guess falling wasn't all that bad; it knocked some sense into my brain, and I paused my crazed kangaroo walk to finally put them on.

 "Hey Lisa! Are you done with the makeup? I desperately need to borrow it, Madds has locked herself in my washroom to curl her hair, and unfortunately locked my makeup with her too." I started explaining myself to Lisa as soon as I entered.

"Whoa, whoa, okay girl, calm down! You can use mine, I'm done with it anyway. Although, I don't think our concealer shade matches." 

"No issue, I just need the liner and mascara. Touch-up purposes only." I told her as she handed me her little makeup pouch. I walked back to my room shouting a 'thank you' before closing the door.

I set Lisa's pouch on the table next to the mirror, and rummaged through it until I found her eyeliner. I outlined the shape of my eyes first, and then proceeded to wing it. It took me at least 4 tries to match the left eye to the right one. It always happens! I can never get both of them right, not on the first try at least. 

Satisfied, and out of time, I brushed some dark eye shadow under my eyes. Then, I finished the look with some mascara. Looking at my appearance, I knew something was missing. Ah! My necklace! 

I rushed into my closet and found the little silver box that contained the precious jewelry. I opened the box, and stared at the angel pendant for a while, I was mesmerised. You don't come across such gorgeous jewelry everyday, and when you do, you can't get over it. 

"Anns! You done yet?" Madds asked; I heard her walking out the door. "I'll be there in a moment," I retorted.

I carefully removed the angel from the box, its silver wings spread out, showing off its exquisite features. It radiated such good vibes that I couldn't help but smile all to myself.

With the angel in my palms, I faced my reflection in the mirror. I wore the white lacy dress that both Mason and I had picked out yesterday. It fit my body perfectly, hugging my curves in all the right places. 

Perfect, I thought. I look presentable.

Holding the delicate chain, I unclasped it and tried to wear it around my neck. I would have been able to manage it normally, although this time the chain was too short. I strained my eyes to look at the pendant and had a hard time clasping it back on. I tried turning it around, so the clasp was right below my chin, but I couldn't get it right. 

"Anns, how long, they sent me to get you-wow." Ashton stopped dead on his tracks.

I turned around to see him dressed in black jeans and a grey button down, which was matched with a jet black faux leather jacket. His hair were done messily, and an expression of awe was flashing across his eyes.

I blushed a little, not being able to resist the urge of kissing him, feeling his lips on mine again.

"You-uh, sorry, I-do you need help with that?" He asked, finally.

I began to say no, but nodded instead.

He strolled over to me, and stood right behind me; stretching out his palms. I dropped the necklace and waited for him to say something, and he did. 

"It's beautiful, I remember mom wearing it."

"I know. It's just so beautiful. You don't seem surprised that I have it," I wondered.

"Nah"

"And why is that?"

"I asked mom to give it to you long ago. I know you've never been fond of jewelry, but no one can deny this beauty. Even for a guy, it's something." He winked.

"Ashton," I breathed out, "You didn't have to!"

"No, I didn't, but I did. And now it's yours."

"But-"

"Do you like it?"

I laughed, "Is that a trick question?" 

He chuckled softly, "Exactly. So just put it on."

I nodded, looking down at my toes. Well technically the red heels, and smiled.

He lifted the angel, and placed it over my shoulder. I did the normal really romantic thing the girl would in novels and movies; and pushed my hair on one side, while he clasped the necklace shut.

His hands then rested on my shoulders as he leaned down, bringing his mouth to my ears.

"You look gorgeous"

I sucked in a deep breath, and let it out. "You don't look so bad yourself"

"WHAT IN THE WORLD WERE YOU DOI- OH MY GOD! THAT IS BEAUTIFUL!" Maddison squealed. I didn't need to wonder, I already knew the squealing was for my necklace.

I placed my hand over it, nodding. "Lily gave it to me."

"It's mind- blowing! Like literally, my mind went Ka-poosh!" Lisa chimed in.

I blushed, "Oh shut up, let's get going! We have a party to attend. Don't we?"

We quickly got into the car, Mason held the door for me, since I was the last one of us to get in. Before shutting the door, he winked, "I knew it would look good on you."

***

The loud music, drunken teenagers, people making out in the corner, slutty dancing, joking around, friends surrounding a booth, shots competition, DJ shouting, and hot bartenders surrounded me. I was in a club; in Miami with the best people in the world.

"Ready to get a hot date?" Jeremy asked beside me.

"Honest answer?"

"Ha,  you wish. Mason! I think we will have to push her, I highly doubt she'll go." Ugh. Jer, you idiot.

I tried threatening him, "I swear to you, Jer; I will eat you." 

"I'm way too tall for you to finish, good luck trying"

"You suck," I pouted. 

"Aw, I love you too."

"I DON'T!"

"You wish"

"Die"

"Naw, I don't wanna see you cry." After a moment, he gasped, "oh gods! Did you see what I did there? IM A RHYMER!."

"Jer, sorry to break your bubble, but there is no such thing or a person as a 'rhymer'"

"Shizzle"

I laughed.  

Jer held me by my shoulders, and explained. "Anyway, I got to go; Lisa is giving me the 'dance-with-me-or-I'll-stab-you' look. But, before I bounce, I wanted to say that if Ashton tries to pry you off the guy you're dancing with or wants to dance with you; just give in. I don't know what goes on in his head most of the time, but an advice from a guy about one - Sometimes we do things because one: we aren't sure, Two: we don't know if we are, Three: it isn't intentional, and four: because there is no other way, and five: we're fuckers. Take my advice, and have fun tonight. Don't think about the consequences except getting pregnant, but that's invalid. You get my point right? Have fun. I'm here for you, no matter what. And I know I spend a lot of time with Lisa, but that doesn't mean I care any less for you. I love you Anns, you're my best friend and will always be. No one can change that and you can't get rid of me. If you get your heart broken again, you know you have me and I'm not even the clichéd phone call away, I am like 2 rooms away, literally!" 

I chuckled. "Yes alright, Sir Jer. I know, and I love you too. Now go, I don't need my only rhymer to die" And shooed him off to his girl.

A second after Jer left, I heard: "So, any hot girl in sight?"

"Nope. All the hot ones are taken"

"Damn"

"What about me?"

"Well, there are tons of single hot guys, but I don't think you should go dance with either of them just yet. I don't know them and I don't want you near them, if I think he is decent, I shall point him out."

I groaned and rolled my eyes. Boys and their stupid possessiveness, always comes in the way.

-20 minutes later-

"MASON WALKER, FIND ME A GUY RIGHT NOW OR I'LL FIND ONE MYSELF!"

"Geez woman, calm down! Fine, fine, I'll find you one. Ugh!"

I smiled, triumphed.

"Oh my gods! Mase!"

"What?"

"THAT'S AL!" I shouted.

"What? Al-who?"

"THAT GUY AT THE PANCAKE THINGY!"

"Is he the guy who offered you his number?" Mason asked, surprised.

"Yes!"

"PERFECT!"

"Really?"

"YES. GO!"

"What about your date?"

"I found mine long back," he winked, strolling off in the same direction past Al and asked a girl to dance, which she delightfully agreed.

Wow. He is fast..

"Hey there" I blurted out, smiling.

"Hi!"

"What are you doing here?"

"Are you kidding me? It's Friday night in Miami! Who would miss this?" he chuckled.

"So you drove 2 hours all the way for clubbing?"

"Nah, why don't I tell you that over a dance?" he asked, smirking.

"Okay then"

He guided me to the dance floor, holding my hand while we swayed to the beats of the song. Since it wasn't slow, we just danced close enough.

"I don't actually work at the pancake house. I was taking over a shift for a friend of mine"

"Oh, that makes a lot of more sense. So you live in Miami?"

"Yes, I do."

"What was the name again?" I joked.

"Alec. Alec Johnson." He introduced.

"Diana Summers"

"Ah, that's a beautiful name" he flashed me one of his brilliant dimpled smiles.

"Are you hitting on me, Al?"

"I have been, since the first time I saw you." He winked.

"Aw man, no need to get so cheesy!" I scrunched up my nose and we laughed.

Alec Johnson. He isn't bad; he is fun to talk to, has an admirable nature and stunning looks. Guess I could go on a few dates with him while I'm here, how could it hurt?

I wish by one direction started playing. Are you kidding me? I laughed.

"What?"

"This is the song I just performed and won a trophy." I bragged.

"You sing?"

"Dance" I corrected.

"May I have this dance?" A familiar voice asked, appearing behind me. I turned around, "You may!"

And so, once again Jer and I danced to the tunes of I wish. Performing what we had on stage, collecting an audience around us. Jer and I laughed and twirled our hands and legs moving together in perfect sync. I missed this, the dancing and I was happy.

There was a huge round of applause as we finished, people patting our backs and telling us how gracefully we performed.

"Gotta go, see you later" Jer winked and left.

What's with all the boys and winking today? I wondered, then shrugged, making my way towards Al, who was so tall that he wasn't even slightly hard to spot.

"Impressive" he nodded

I blushed.

The DJ went ahead and played a few more slow tracks, causing the floor to space out a little as people left the floor while some paired up to dance.

Al wrapped his arms around my thin waist, and I placed mine on his shoulder.

We moved slowly, talking and getting to know each other better.

"So you actually gave him a black eye?"

"Yes," I chuckled. The black eye week. Man, I was a hilarious person.

"Wow. I know where my limits are now"

"Glad you understood that before hand or you might end up with the same kind of week too."

"Thanks for the warning; I swear I'm not putting moves on you." He lifted up his arms, showing he was innocent. I just shook my head and laughed.

"You look pretty amazing today" he offered

"Why thank you" I smiled, meeting his eyes for the first time this night.

I didn't feel the urge to kiss him, I didn't want to but I did anyway. I was supposed to let loose, let go. So I did that, and gave in to Al's intense gaze. I reached up, while he bended down into a soft, sweet kiss.

It was nothing compared to Ashton's. There were no emotions involved, nothing interesting or extraordinary. It was hardly ordinary. It was what it was. Just a kiss.

"Can I buy you a drink?" he asked.

"I'm not drinking today,"

"Driving?"

"No, just not up to getting drunk and forgetting a nice night. I'd rather stay sober and enjoy it"

"Wise thinking. You're not as young as you look."

"So I've been told"

"Am I interrupting something?" Ashton's voice came out of nowhere.

"Uh...yes"

"Gee, thanks for being so sweet" he replied, sarcastically.

"Ashton you remember Al, Al, this is Ashton"

"You're that waiter guy right?"

"The hot waiter guy, yes" Al smirked.

"Okay okay, hold up. Why are you here, Ash?" I asked, tired of waiting for him to show up but feeling a bit of excitement because he did.

"I wanted to have this dance with you." He sounded as polite and innocent as a puppy, his blue eyes piercing right into mine."

"Um," I tried to think of a courteous way to ask Al to go away and let me dance with Ashton, but I terribly failed at actually finding one. Thank fully, Al took the signal and excused himself.

"May I?"

"You may"

HEEYYY BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE, I know I took longer than a week, but it's because my cousin is over and she is my favouritest person in the woooorld. I never get to meet her cause we stay miles apart and I really want to spend time with her. So, sorry if I took long and sorry if I will take long next time :(

Hope you like this chapter.

If you find it boring or you think I'm dragging this too much, please personal message me. I shall reply.

Also, some people tell me that I will lose readers because I take a week to update, but really? Can't you wait a little? Be honest and tell me if you would stop reading this book because I take a week or more to update

LOVE YOU GUYS A LOT, YOU ARE THE BEST.

You know what to do ;)

KEEP READING, KEEP VOTING, KEEP COMMENTING♥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

871K 18.8K 66
"Okay, you know what? You're such a jackass and I never should have kissed you," I say. Colton stands up. His green eyes are just as angry as mine ar...
6.1K 0 4
"I really.. really want to kiss you..." He leaned in even closer. I wouldn't want anything more right now either.. "So then kiss me..." My heartbe...
1.2K 123 19
"Ashton, as much as I would love to date you, I can't. Your nineteen I'm only seventeen. I can't date someone who's two years older than me. And what...
5K 210 40
*Unedited* "What's so hard about just listening to what I have to say?" I plead. "I know that you would definitely be my forever but now it seems to...