Forever | h.s.

caselovesoned द्वारा

"Even if I were to leave you today, tomorrow, or years from now, you should know; I've loved you since, I lov... अधिक

Forever
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
NOT AN UPDATE
Chapter 71
Chapter 72

Chapter 27

111 4 0
caselovesoned द्वारा

~Annabel's POV~

The Ball was approaching quite quickly, and I still didn't have a date to the dance. I asked myself multiple times, why it wasn't this hard every year, and that's when I remembered- Danny wasn't my boyfriend anymore. And now, my current boyfriend didn't even want to go with me. I sat in my bedroom, my nose buried into Sense and Sensibility, flipping pages, even though I didn't pay attention to what I was reading at all. I finally gave up, looking up, and out the window, at the sun streaming in. Maybe all I needed was some fresh air. I closed the book, marked with Leah's bookmark, and set it on the nightstand by my bed. I opened the drawers of my dresser, grabbing a pair of distressed jean shorts, and a flowered tank top. I decided to slip on a cream colored knitted cardigan over, just in case I got cold. I walked down the staircase, and into the kitchen.

"Where are you going?" My mother "greeted" me.

"Out," I responded plainly.

"Yes, Annabel, but where?" She spoke, with a bit of edge to her voice.

"I don't know, the café?" I shrugged. That wasn't a lie, I really didn't know where I would be going. But I knew that I wanted to stop by, and get myself a frappuccino, if possible.

"Alright, be careful." She sighed, biting into a cherry. I grabbed my keys, and my bag, and headed out the door. It was quite hot outside, so I decided to walk. No harm done, right? I get the fresh air, and the exercise.

I crossed the street, as the walking symbol lit up. The wind blew through my hair, as I stepped onto the curb. I made my way through the busy sidewalks, careful not to bump into anyone. I finally reached the small café at the corner, and pushed the door open, being greeted by a whoosh of cold air. It felt good, to be in an air conditioned place, after walking in 80 degree weather. I walked up to the counter, and pulled out my wallet.

"Hi," The girl behind the register spoke. "what can I get you?" She smiled widely, showing off her perfect white teeth.

"Can I have a Caramel Frappuccino?" I asked, looking up at the menu behind her.

"Sure, is that all?" She asked, punching in some things on the register. I nodded my head, as she told me my final price. Handing her the money, I waited for my change, until walking to the other counter to wait for my drink. The blonde girl's eyes still followed me and my movements, as I made my way to the other side. Her hair was in a high ponytail, with a visor hat on her head, which was a part of their uniform. I collected my drink when my order was called, and made my way to the comfy seating area. I stabbed the straw into the soft whipped cream, and the frothy drink, and took a long sip. The cold liquid ran down my throat, and pleasured my taste buds. I pulled out my phone, checking to see if I had any messages. There were 3 new ones, and I opened the first. It was from Harry.

From Harry: I miss you.

I smiled at the simple, but thoughtful text message, before checking the second one, from Josh.

From Josh: Where are you?

I texted back a quick response letting him know that I was at the café, before checking the last message.

From Harry: Come over.

I smiled once again, at his message, knowing that I was on his mind. It made me feel good. I responded to him, telling him that I missed him as well, but I chose not to say anything about coming over to his house. As much as I wanted to see him, and hang out with him, I wanted the time to myself, to think about what to do about the upcoming dance, and who I should take with me. I was far into my thoughts, not paying any attention to the magazine I was flipping through, until someone sat infront of me.

"Annabel, is it?" A voice spoke out. I looked up, and saw a familiar looking face, but I just couldn't remember his name.

"Yeah, that's me." I smiled.

"Hi, it's me, Mark. From the ice cream shop, remember?" He smiled.

"Oh yes! Now I remember!" I laughed, embarassed. "Sorry!"

"No worries. I haven't seen you recently, and I never had the chance to say goodbye to you." He smiled, leaning back in the cushioned chair. Memories of Harry pulling me out of the shop flooded back into my mind.

"Yeah, sorry about that. He's a little... a little aggressive sometimes." I chose my words carefully.

"Just a little," Mark laughed, with a hint of sarcasm in his voice. "I thought you said you didn't have a boyfriend." He smiled.

"I didn't, then." I responded. "Him and I, we're... it's confusing." I finished, not knowing how to explain our relationship. Mark nodded, but I could tell he was just as confused as I was.

"I see.." He spoke.

"Yeah," I sheepishly laughed. "That was something, wasn't it?"

"Sure was." Mark agreed. There was a moment of awkwardness between the two of us, as we sat in silence for a couple of seconds.

"Anyways, what are you doing here?" I spoke.

"You know, just getting some coffee. It's a nice day out, I thought I'd stop by. How about you?" He asked.

"Same with me, I just wanted something refreshing, and I also came here to think." I nodded.

"Thinking, huh?" He flashed a smile. "Is everything alright?"

"Oh yeah, everything's fine!" I lied. Mark raised an eyebrow, obviously not convinced. I sighed. "Alright, well, truth is, not really." I forced a small smile.

"Wanna talk about it?" He suggested politely.

"Well, the thing is, my family and I, we're members of a country club. We've been members for as long as I can remember. And every year, they hold an Annual Ball." I explained. "You see, my mother, she's... she's kinda strict, I guess you can say, and she's forcing me to bring a date."

"So bring... what's his name? Your boyfriend?"

"Harry." I clarified, earning a nod. "And that's the problem, Harry doesn't attend these sorts of things. It's 'just not his thing,'" I quoted. Mark nodded, bringing his hand up to his chin, rubbing the slight stubble.

"Well, why doesn't he want to go?" Mark asked.

"I don't know," I sighed. "And now I'm stuck, because I don't know who to bring, and my mother is going to be very mad if I show up without a date." I put my face in my hands, stressed. There was a brief moment of silence, before the thought hit me. "You can go with me!" I blurted out, shooting up from my seat. A couple of people in the café looked over in my direction, and Mark looked startled as well. I lowered myself, and sat back down, flushed.

"Um I don't think that's a good idea, considering you and... Harry?" He raised an eyebrow, and I nodded before he continued. "Considering you two didn't even date, and he still got jealous. But now that you are together, I don't think that's the best idea." He explained quite slowly. I sighed, knowing he was right.

"But my mother's going to kill me, if I don't find a date soon." I ran my fingers through my thin hair, as I looked for other possibilities. I heard Mark letting out a big sigh, before he began speaking again.

"Are you sure you want me to go with you?" He raised a brow. I looked over at him.

"Yeah, I mean I guess so, I don't have any other ideas. Plus, we're kinda friends... right?" I sheepishly smiled.

"Alright, I'll go with you." He smiled.

"Really?" I perked up, with a wide smile. He nodded.

"Yeah, I just need the details. Plus, we're only going as friends, so it shouldn't be that bad." He teased. I rolled my eyes, as I smiled, pulling out my phone.

"Why don't we exchange numbers, and I'll text you the details?" I suggested. He nodded in agreement, as he reached into his pocket, pulling out a cellphone. I typed in his number into my phone as he recited it, and he did the same. We stood, and exchanged a semi-awkward hug, before walking out of the café, and separating in the opposite direction. I made my way back home, and I approached the long driveway just as beads of sweat began to form along my hairline. I wiped it away, and smoothed out my hair, before walking through the door. I walked further into the house, into the kitchen. Just as I was about to open the fridge, I noticed that there was a note attached to the stainless steel, with a small piece of tape holding it in place. I pulled it off, and held it between my index finger, and thumb.

Annabel-

We all left to go to the Midnight Bay. Please join us, after you get back. Take the White Audi, and find us when you get there. Wear something formal, please.

Madeline Shaw

Even when writing her own daughter a note, my mother still felt the need to sign her first and last name. A simple 'mother' would've been fine. I crumpled up the note in my hand, and opened the fridge, grabbing a bottle of my favorite juice, an organic strawberry flavored juice, that was actually very healthy for you. I twisted the cap open, as I walked towards the stairs, and took a long sip, of the refreshing drink. I entered my room, and walked into my huge closet, that was like another room. I set the drink down on a nearby dresser, and rested my hands on my hips, trying to choose what dress to wear. I pushed the hangers over, as I went through one section of dresses in the closet, hoping to find one.

After almost 10 minutes of trying to decide what dress to wear, I settled on a nice gold colored dress, that hugged my body. There were subtle glitters that ran through, and it was strapless. I stripped from my street clothes, and changed into a strapless bra, before slipping into the formal dress. After getting changed, I moved on, to hair and makeup. I applied a light coat of mascara, and curled my hair, as quickly as I could, before walking down the stairs. I slipped on a pair of gold heels, and grabbed a black clutch, which held my cellphone, a tube of mascara, and a nude lipstick. Checking the time, I grabbed the keys to the Audi, and exited through the garage door.

Who needs this many cars?

I thought to myself, as I squeezed between two closely parked cars. Our family had about 5 cars, including the one my parents and Josh took, and the Audi. I climbed into the driver's seat, and opened the garage, only to back out of the driveway, and close it again.

The drive was short, and traffic wasn't horrible. It was 6:20, and thankfully, there were still guests climbing out of cars, just like I was. I walked in through the double doors, and was met with a room full of chattering people. It didn't seem like my parents, or Josh was a part of that crowd, so I made my way to the upper level dining hall. The room was yet again filled with elegant women, and classy men, all dining together. I scanned the tables, and I began making my way towards the table, once I saw my family. I greeted familiar faces, and smiled politely at ones that I didn't recognize.

"Annabel, why don't you take a seat?" My mother spoke, gesturing to an empty seat next to her. I nodded, and sat in the chair, with my hands in my lap.

"Would you like a drink?" A man by the name of John Redman offered.

"Oh, no thanks. I don't drink." I politely declined.

"Oh it's just champagne, dear. I insist, it's the best in this club." He laughed.

"Annabel, go ahead, and accept Mr. Redman's polite offer." My mother nudged. I tensed a bit, at her attitude, and orders, before relaxing, and carefully taking the wine glass out of his hand.

"Thank you, Mr. Redman." I smiled, taking a sip. It wasn't as bitter as I thought it would be. The sweetness mixed with the bitterness was pleasuring in a way, and I liked it. I had another glass before I knew it, and after I finished that one, my bladder felt like it would explode at any moment. "Excuse me, I need to use the restroom." I spoke up, standing from my chair. I felt all eyes on me, as I made my way out of the dining hall. I turned the corner, and stumbled into the bathroom, tripping slightly on my heels. "Ow," I mumbled, frowning as I pushed the door open. After doing my business, I walked out, checking my appearance in the mirror. I pulled down the bottom of my dress, and pulled up the bust area of the dress, in attempt to hide my not-so-subtle breasts. I smoothed down my hair, and fumbled through my clutch, pulling out the lipstick, and reapplying it to my lips. After I was done, I walked out of the fancy bathroom, and looked to the right and left of me, before walking further away from the restroom. I attempted to walk elegantly, as I made my way back to the dining hall, but instead, I tripped on my heels yet again, and landed in someone's arms.

"Are you okay?" An accented voice spoke, looking down at my body in his arms.

"I'm so sorry!" I frantically spoke, as I fumbled to my feet. "That was my fault, I'm sorry-"

"It's okay!" He laughed, cutting me off. "Are you alright?" He asked, as I smoothed out the front of my dress.

"Yeah, I'm okay, thank you for... catching me." I blushed. He was actually an attractive man, with light stubble, and shorter hair, that was quiffed in the front. He had brown eyes, and a very friendly face.

"No worries, it's the least I can do, when you fall into my arms." He joked, earning a laugh from me.

"I'm sorry, I'm a clumsy person." I sheepishly smiled.

"It's okay, really." He smiled. "My name's Liam, what's yours?" He held out his hand.

"Annabel," I smiled, shaking it.

"Wait, Annabel?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah.." I slowly responded, a bit worried.

"Annabel Shaw?" He smirked.

"That's me," I stifled a laugh.

"You're with Harry." He pointed out. "Harry Styles!"

"Yeah, I mean, I think I am." I said, shocked.

"Oh man, he was right."

"Right about what?"

"Sorry, I'm not being very clear, am I?" He laughed. "I'm Liam Payne, I'm a really good friend of Harry's. We get together from time to time. Well, a lot of times." He smiled. "Anyways, Harry was telling me about you, and how hot you were. Now I see what he means," He laughed.

"Oh, he does?" I couldn't help but smile. "And thank you..?" I laughed lightly, unsure of how to respond.

"He's whipped," Liam laughed more.

"What?"

"Harry? He's whipped."

"What... what does that mean?" I asked awkwardly.

"It means he's crazy about you, basically."

"Oh, sorry. I don't quite understand the language you guys use." I felt my cheeks get rosy.

"It's okay," Liam laughed. "Well, I have to use the restroom, so I'll talk to you later?" He questioned.

"Yeah, definitely!" I nodded. With that, Liam pushed open the restroom door, and left me smiling from ear to ear, with Harry Styles stuck in my mind.

________________

~Harry's POV~

"What do you think she's doing?" I asked, as I picked at a hole in my jeans.

"I don't know, I don't know her." Niall responded, plopping down on the couch next to me, with a bowl of chips in his hand.

"Do you think she's thinking of me?" I questioned again.

"Harry, I'm starting to think you're not hearing the people around you, and you're just too deep into your thoughts." Niall teased, but he was half right. I heard the people around me, I just chose not to pay attention to them, because I was too deep in my thoughts. Maybe the guys were right, maybe I was whipped, no matter how many times I tried to deny it.

"Where is everyone, anyways?" I asked, sitting up straigher. As if on cue, a loud knock came from the door, and in walked Louis with Eleanour.

"Hi guys," They both greeted together.

"Hey," Niall spoke up. I mumbled a quick hi as well, not wanting to pay attention to the fact that Louis' girlfriend was here, and mine wasn't.

"What's up with him?" Louis chuckled.

"He's missing that Annabel chick." Niall answered.

"I never said that," I defended.

"Oh yeah, that explains why you're asking a bunch of questions about her, that I wouldn't have the answer to." Niall laughed, sarcastically.

"Shut up," I rolled my eyes, and gave all of my attention once again, to the hole in my jeans. There came another knock at the door, minutes later, and in walked Zayn.

"Hey, sorry I'm late." He spoke, removing a leather jacket. "I was out somewhere, before this."

"No one cares," I spoke up.

"What's his deal?" Zayn laughed, unphased by my attitude.

"Annabel," Louis and Niall spoke in sync. I rolled my eyes again, and pulled my phone out of my pocket. There was a text from Annabel, from earlier today.

From Annabel: I miss you too :) I'm at a coffee shop, what are you doing?

I smiled at the text message, and decided to text her, even though her text was from the afternoon.

To Annabel: I miss you a lot.

I sent the message, and tucked my phone away, hoping for a response back. Shortly after, Liam walked into the apartment.

"Sorry I'm late everyone, I was at the country club." At the mention of the country club, I sat up straight.

"What? Why?" I asked, frowning.

"There was another dinner tonight. Oh, and Harry, I met Annabel, too." At the sound of her name, I perked up, and I felt a funny feeling in my stomach. What was this feeling? What did this mean.

"You did?"

"Yeah, and you're right. She's hot." He laughed. All of a sudden, I felt a pang of jealousy, and the need to get defensive.

"What?" I harshly spat.

"Calm down, Harry. I'm not going to take her away from you." Liam laughed again. I rolled my eyes, and slumped down into the couch again.

"Where is she now?" I asked, pulling out my phone.

"At the country club still." He responded, but I wasn't really paying attention. I was too distracted by Annabel's text back.

From Annabel: I miss you as well! Let's meet up tonight!

I playfully rolled my eyes. Even through text message, she speaks formally. My fingers moved rapidly across the screen, as I typed a response back.

To Annabel: Come over?

I wasn't quite sure if this was the best idea, but it was the best I could think of. I didn't want to go to her house, especially because I know how she feels about her parents meeting me. Usually, this wouldn't phase me at all, I'd just brush it off my shoulder. It wasn't like I've ever met a girl's parents before anyways, but this time, I found myself a bit hurt, that Annabel was afraid of being seen with me. Well, at least by her parents. I tried tuning into the group's conversation, but all they were talking about was the football game that was on last night, and Annabel beat a game of football anytime. I waited anxiously for a vibration of my phone, and it finally came.

From Annabel: Sure, what time?

I got an excited feeling once again, and I found myself at a loss of words. I wasn't quite sure when, but anytime was good, as long as I got to see her. I checked the time. It was 8:10, at the moment.

To Annabel: Come over at 9.

I typed. Now all I needed was a clarification from her, and I'd be on my way. The boys now had a movie on, Batman to be exact, and I wasn't interested in it at all. I constantly checked my phone, and Annabel finally responded.

From Annabel: Sure, I'm on my way.

I jumped up from my seat. It was now 8:45.

"I'm going to leave now, it's getting late." I made an excuse.

"What? Harry, it's not even 9 yet. You haven't had one drink, and the movie just started." Liam frowned.

"Let him go, he probably wants to see Annabel." Zayn chuckled, not removing his eyes from the tv screen.

"Alright, we'll see you later, yeah?" Niall called out. I nodded, and exited the apartment, anxious to get to my car, and drive home.

I reached the mansion at 8:50, thanks to speeding, and passing yellow lights. Luckily, I didn't get caught. I removed my keys from the car, and unlocked the front door, kicking off my boots. With a bit of time to spare, I opened the fridge, and grabbed a bottle of water. Just as I pushed the fridge door closed, the bell rang. I walked over to the front door, the bottle of water still in my hands, as I opened it, revealing Annabel. My eyes widened, as they raked her body, taking in her appearance. She looked fucking hot, dressed in a tight gold dress. Her breasts barely fit in it, and I wasn't sure if I could handle it.

"Hey," She spoke.

"Come in," I cleared my throat, and stepped out of the way, as she stepped in. She removed her heels, and set them neatly on the floor. "How was the dinner?" I asked.

"It was good, you know, the usual. They had good dessert though," She nodded. "Yeah. Very good dessert." She clarified, giggling. I frowned. She sounded a bit different as well.

"Are you drunk?"

"Mmm, maybe a little." Her lips shifted to one side, as if she was thinking hard about something.

"What did you have to drink?" I asked.

"Just some fancy champagne. It was good though, I like it." She gave one nod, before laughing again. I couldn't help but smile, as I shook my head.

"How many did you drink?"

"Three. I think."

"That's it?" I broke into a smile. "Is that why you agreed to come over tonight?" I half joked. The other half of me really wanted to know.

"I guess my system doesn't tolerate alcohol that well." She admitted, laughing. "It's probably because... never mind." She shooed off the topic, walking foward into the house. I turned around, and followed her, my eyes moving to her ass, that was so defined because of the tight dress. "And maybe, I don't know." She laughed.

"Do you need anything?" I offered, as she stood, looking around the house.

"Can I have water?" I looked down at the bottle in my hand, and twisted the cap off, handing it to her. "Thanks," She spoke, before tilting her head back. I watched as her throat moved slightly as she swallowed, and her hair that dangled. Her eyelashes fluttered, as the plastic water bottle crinkled, making a loud sound. I swallowed the lump in my throat. "Thank you," She spoke after finishing. The bottle was now about halfway full, and she handed it back to me. I took it from her hands, and waited until she turned away, before I drank some myself. The sweet taste of her mouth was built around the rim of the water bottle, and I found myself longing for the taste of her lips on mine.

"I missed you today," I spoke up, walking up next to her, and snaking an arm around her waist.

"I missed you too," She smiled looking up at me. I set the water bottle down on a nearby counter, and slid my other arm around her waist, pulling her closer to me.

"All I do is think about you," I mumbled, slowly leaning in.

"Same with me, you're always on my mind." She smiled, her eyes constantly looking from my eyes, to my lips.

"You're so beautiful," I mumbled, before connecting my lips with hers. I felt her hands move to my chest, as she kissed me back passionately. It was slow at first, and I slid my tongue into her mouth, tasting the sweetness, and the slight bitter taste from the alcohol. I pulled her bottom lip between my teeth, earning the sexiest moan I've ever heard. Her lips were soft, as always, and we moved in sync, feeling the heat in this kiss. Her hands moved to the back of my head, and she tugged lightly at my hair. I slowly started to walk foward, leading her against the nearest wall, lightly stopping her footsteps, as her back softly came in contact with it. As much as I didn't want to, I pulled away from the kiss, knowing what it would lead to.

"What- why'd you stop?" Annabel quietly asked, a flash of confusion, and worry in her eyes.

"We both know what this is going to lead to," I began. "And as much as I want it to happen, I can't take advantage of you while you're drunk." I sighed.

"I'm not drunk. Not anymore, this sobered me up, I promise." She spoke, looking up at me, with hopeful eyes, making me almost change my mind.

"I can't, not now. I'm sorry. You may be saying you're sober, but are you really?" I asked. She looked down at the ground, stunned, and maybe a little bit hurt. "Annabel, I'm sorry." I slid a finger under her chin, tilting her face up to look at me. Her hazel eyes were soft as she looked into mine. She sighed, and took a step back, away from me.

"It's okay, I should be getting home now anyways."

________________________________

Hmm.. will this end good for Harry?

I STILL NEED HELP DECIDING WHO SHOULD PLAY ANNABEL, IT'S DRIVING ME INSANE!

Anyways, I hope you all liked this chapter, please vote, comment, and share, it'll mean the world to me!(:

Love, Casey

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

614K 10K 56
Ashley Styles is Harry's sister. She hasn't seen her little brother in over five years. She arrives in London, excited to see Harry, but there's some...
20.6K 703 41
Do you miss One Direction and wish they would come back? While you're waiting, let's imagine what would happen when they do come back, but with a twi...
5.5K 94 14
Their paths cross once again and the rest is history.
1.4K 90 32
Time doesn't stand still for anyone, nor can anyone rewind it. You really should live like you were dying. Life is a roller coaster ride...Z.M.