Sparks Fly

By Kateelizabeth19

Harry and Louis have always been close, really close. But lately something has been getting in the way of the... More

Chapter one.
Chapter two.
Chapter three.
Chapter four.
Chapter five.
Chapter six.
Chapter seven.
Chapter eight.
Chapter nine.
Chapter ten.
Chapter eleven.
Chapter twelve.
Chapter thirteen.
Chapter fourteen.
Chapter fifteen.
Chapter sixteen - part A
Chapter sixteen - part B
Chapter eighteen.

Chapter seventeen.

5.1K 64 42
By Kateelizabeth19

Hey hey lovely people!!! I'm so sorry for the super late upload; I've been sooo busy with school exams and assignments, ugh. But the rest of the story is all planned out so hopefully I will be able to pump those chapters out quickly for you guys!! Now, I know I said I'd upload on Wednesday, but I just got so excited about updating that I did it today instead... Surprise!! Haha :). This chapter is dedicated to JameqPatrickHarney because he's so cool and funny and had been so supportive of this story... Thankyou!! :)

I really hope you all enjoy the chapter!!

Love, Kate .xx

P.s I don't know if you guys knew or not, but this story is up for a 1D Watty Award!! If you think it's worthy of winning, please please please vote for it here: http://www.wattpad.com/4717457-1d-watty-awards-boyxboy all you have to do to vote is write "Sparks Fly" in the comments!!! Thank you to everyone who has already voted for me, it means so much :)

I love you all so so much and your support for this story truly overwhelms me. xxx

__________________________________________________________________

“Hurry up Louis!” Harry hollered up the stairs as he waited impatiently at the bottom of them. Louis had known all day that they were going out tonight, so why was it taking him more than an hour to get ready?

But then Louis came down the stairs and Harry understood.

Louis looked sexy. He wore a black short-sleeved button-up shirt, buttoned right up to the top, thin black suspenders overtop. They were attached to tight black skinny jeans, leading right down to a pair of black toms (and no socks – typical Louis). Harry didn’t have the words to speak, just standing their gawking at the boy that now stood in front of him. Louis leaned forward, trailing kisses on Harrys jaw line up to his ear, whispering hotly, “Close your mouth, love, you’ll catch flies, ” before smirking and walking to the front door.

“Are you coming?” he smugly threw over his shoulder to Harry, who was most definitely not checking out how good his bum looked in those jeans. Harry coughed awkwardly running after Louis to meet him at the door, pulling him in for a quick kiss that, this time, left Louis speechless.

“Wh… what was that for?” he asked bashfully. Harry just grinned and pecked his cheek, linking their fingers and pulling him out the door, shutting it carefully behind him.

As they reached the car that awaited them outside, their hands unwillingly parted from each other, not wanting to cause a stir with their 3 band mates. Louis clambered in, taking a seat in the back next to Niall, Harry following suit and sitting next to him. They shared a smile, a secret smile. One that said everything that couldn't be voiced; "You look fit as hell right now." "I just really, really want to kiss you." "I'm so happy you're here with me."

"So boys!! Are we excited for Laser Skirmish??" Liam said happily, turning around to face the three in the back, a smile plastered on his face. Everyone nodded their heads in agreement, Niall and Louis mentioning something about not having played in ages, and Zayn chipping in with a friendly reminder of "you're going to get your asses kicked by me, you know."

They arrived at the Laser Skirmish place a mere 10 minutes later, at 6:30 (“Right on time!” Said Liam joyfully. He earned eye rolls from everyone in the car - even the driver). Liam and Zayn jumped out of the car, followed by Harry who waited for Louis so that he could sling an arm around his shoulders, and finally Niall. They dawdled up to the entrance of the building (which was deserted, by the way - the Niall had rented it out just for them!!) where they were met by a friendly looking boy, who looked like he was about Harrys age. The name scribbled on his nametag read "James", and he smiled at the boys and let them in, leading them over to an area filled with gaming vests.

"Okay guys, welcome to Laser Skirmish!!" James said brightly, earning a cheer from Niall and Liam and a smile from the other three boys.

 "Have any of you ever played before?" Nail, Zayn and Louis raised their hands, leaving only Harry and Liam as the odd ones out. Liam shrugged, "My mom always told me it was too violent" he said chuckling, causing the other men in the room to burst into fits of laughter.

After the giggles had settled down, James continued on talking (mainly to Harry and Liam) about how to play Laser Skirmish.

"So you have to have one hand on the front part of the laser gun, or else it won’t shoot. The other hand sits on the trigger as usual. If you hit the gun against your chest pad three times, your suit will shut down and you will have to come out to me and I'll buzz you back into the game. There are three bases, each will give you 1,000 points if you deactivate them, you do that by shooting them. Alright that's all guys, do you want to play on teams or singles?" the boys all shared glances with each other, before Zayn spoke up saying "I'll play by myself against the other boys, and they can go in pairs, that alright lads?" all of them nodded in agreement, listening as James gave them the O.K to get their vests on now. Louis turned straight to Harry to tell the boy he wanted to pair up with him, but found Harry already holding two vests, each with the same coloured flashing lights that indicated they were on the same team. He smiled at the curly haired boy, taking the vest from his right hand and slipping it over his head; clicking the straps together at either side and tightening it till it fit him perfectly. He hoped he looked professional and mysterious, what with the fully black outfit he was wearing and now a laser gun in his hands.

As Niall and Liam finally finished putting their vests on, they all posed for a picture that James took on Louis' phone of them. Moving apart after the 'click' noise sounded, they were all hyped up and ready to play.

"Okay," James said, "Niall and Liam, you're vests are flashing red, so you're on the red team. Harry and Louis, you're on the blue team, and Zayn is on the green team. Are you ready to play, lads?" All five boys cheered in response and James flashed them a smile, turning to the double doors behind them and opening them wide to reveal the laser skirmish playing zone, light only to the point where you could just make your path out by a dark blue light.

The boys stepped inside, James calling out a "Let the games begin!!" before shutting the door behind them. They waited for the countdown that would signal the start of the game, wishing each other smartass words of luck, like "may the best team win," "oh, we plan too."

A high pitched buzzer sounded, before-

"FIVE..." the boys sprinted off in different directions, Louis grabbing Harry's hand first as to not lose his team-mate, "FOUR..." they ran to the far back of the laser tag arena, "THREE..." weaving in-between walls and ramps on the way there, "TWO..." and crouched behind a big tall wall at the back, panting from the running, their game faces on, "ONE..."

Silence.

And then;

Off went the flashing lights of all different colours, bounding all over the place and hitting all the walls. Action type music started to play as the lights strobed and flashed around, as Harry and Louis ran out from their hiding place to another, then another, silently and searching, waiting for the signs of another body. Harry spotted a movement up ahead and shot at it, hearing a distant groan from Niall as his suit powered off for five seconds and he took the chance to run and hide. Louis turned around to high-five Harry, both boys grinning at each other. They continued stalking along the walls and crouching in hiding places, until Zayn ran past and zapped them both, their suits simultaneously powering down as they looked at each other with the same thought - RUN.

So they separated, running this way and that, shooting and being shot, hiding and panting and jumping and ducking, thumping music and flashing lights spurring them on and giving them the adrenaline rush of their lives. They'd sometimes bump into each other, laser guns coming up to aim at the other before realizing whom it was, chuckling and sprinting away to find some new prey. One time, Harry stood right behind Niall and de-powered his suit five times before Niall eventually turned around and saw him just standing there, sheepish grin on his face, before sprinting away, only just catching the sound of Niall groaning. Louis was pressed against a wall, eyes watching Zayn in the distance and gun held up ready to get him, when he felt hands on his upper arms that turned him around and pinned him against the wall, and before he knew it there was lips on his and he was relaxing into a kiss from the lips he had come to know so well. He pulled away from the kiss, smiling softly as a kiss was placed to his forehead. His eyes looked up to see Harrys beaming green ones looking straight back at him, filled with love and adoration, even though Louis was standing there drenched in sweat and not exactly looking amazing. But to Harry he looked more than amazing.

"Louis," he said into the older boy’s ear, making sure he was heard above the pounding, fast-paced music. "Yeah, Haz?" Louis replied, arms coming to rest on Harrys shoulders as the taller males hands snaked around his waist. Leaning in again, Harry said directly into Louis' ear, "Will you be my boyfriend?" before pulling back to watch the Doncaster lads reaction. His face seemed to burst out into a grin and his sparkling blue eyes once again connected with Harrys ones.  He leant up on his tippy toes to press a short, soft kiss to Harrys lips, before whispering a reply of "of course I will," into his ear. Harry beamed too, placing his hands on either one of Louis' cheeks before pulling him in for a messy, heated kiss, feeling the shorter boy smile against his lips at their new relationship status. Louis' hands reached up to tangle themselves in Harry’s hair, just as their suits made a powering down noise and the lights turned off on them. They broke apart, hearing Zayn whooping loudly as he ran off after his successful hits. Harry and Louis chuckled, their forehead coming to rest together as their eyes reconnected.

"I love you," Louis said. And although it was nearly impossible for him to be heard above the loud music echoing all around them, Harry knew exactly what had been said.

"I love you too," he replied smiling, leaning back to press loving kisses on Louis' forehead before grabbing his hand and abruptly pulling them both away from their hiding spot and back into the game.

Neither could wipe the smile off of their faces the whole night.

TBC .x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

324 26 9
Harry gets kicked out of home for being gay and moves in with a whirlwind of people. He's faced with living with a bully Zayn, mischievous Niall and...
1.1M 27.6K 27
Louis and Harry are best friends. They're also in this hot new boy band called One Direction. They thought that life was as good as it could get, and...
123K 5.9K 14
Louis Tomlinson's manager Roger is tired of Louis' sweats and hoodies and hires a stylist for him. Harry Styles is like no one Louis has ever met bef...
142K 5.4K 14
Louis Tomlinson and Harry Styles never really got along. In fact, they despised each other, which was confusing since both of their mothers were best...