Tara's Story

By Blitzluver

Tara was a mostly normal werewolf, with a mostly normal life. A mother, a pack, a shy mate, and a best friend... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Big long Author's note
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55a
Chapter 55b
Chapter 56
Epilouge

Chapter 39

763 18 1
By Blitzluver

Firstly, I must thank ALL of my fans and all of the people reading, even though I haven't uploaded in a long time due to busyness and plain craziness going on in my life right now. I can't believe that people are still voting, commenting, adding to their reading lists, and reading even though I haven't been on so I must thank all of you for that and I can only hope for such support in the future!

I also plan to have my goal this summer to finish Tara's Story. That's right! FINISH! I'm guessing there's 10-15 chapters left, but that's just a guess.

So, without further ado...

Chapter 39

Once there, we ate dinner with the girls asking questions about Sara.

               “So what was the craziest thing you did?” Rena asked.

               “Hmmm... that’s a hard one. I think trying to snort pixie sticks would be number one.”

               The table burst out into laughter for a few minutes before the questions of curiosity resumed. “Which guy did you talk about most?”

               “Her boyfriend Jake, by far.”

                “What about me?” asked Conner.

               “You were second place.” I smirked.

               Soon we finished eating and went to bed after a long day. As I crawled in, Conner asked “So what’s it like to have Sara back?”

               I smiled. “I’m really glad. But my mind is all messed up. It keeps thinking that she’s dead because I thought she was, but now she’s not, so it’s just mixed up. Did you ever find out whose body it was?”

               “I called, and they said the police records showed that Leo Green, Melissa Crawford, and Jerry Stingle all went missing that week. Jerry was found, and it was assumed Leo had run away so-”

               “It was definitely Melissa Crawford.” I interrupted. “She was Sara’s neighbor.”

               “She was? Well that’s it then. I’ll call them in the morning and tell them that then. They’ll have her re-dug with the proper gravestone and everything. I hope the ground isn’t too frozen.”

               “Yeah, the poor girl. At least her family will have the answers they were looking for. Well, sort of. Of course it’ll have to be white lies, but at least they’ll have peace. What did the pack say about Sara showing up?”

               “Well frankly they sounded shocked and appalled that she attacked Mirabelle and all. But now that she’s normal again, they’re thankful and happy and volunteered to do anything to help.”

               “Oh that’s nice.” I yawned. “Time for sleep.”

               “Yes, let’s rest now.” Conner agreed, kissing my forehead.

*Next Day*

               I awoke to a gray-set day outside my window. The sleeping bulk beside me didn’t stir, but I didn’t want to sleep anymore, so I swung my legs over the side of the bed and got dressed for another trip to the Cullens. Grabbing a pop tart, I was about to leave when I saw Rena there. “Hey.” I said. “Don’t you have school?”

               “Nope.” She smiled. “Did you see the snow out there? It got canceled. So...I’m incredibly bored.”

               “Well just text your boyfriend and I’m sure you’ll manage through the day. Tell Conner I’ll be home later and that I’ll be at the Cullen’s.”

               “Okay.” She said and she started tapping away on her touch screen. Oh, teenagers.

               I opened the door only to have a cold wind blow in my face. It was certainly chilly out. After clearing the drift of snow outside the door, I made my way over past Forks to the mostly glass house covered with the snow that accented it like a picture.

               Soon I was down in the basement where the vampires were still watching Sara. The door to her cell opened noiselessly and her gaze shifted to me as I walked in. “How are you feeling?” I asked.

               “Fine I guess. I kind of miss being outdoors but other than that they’ve been taking good care of me.”

               “Well that’s good. So, has your memory come back?”

               She hesitated. “Not, really.”

               “What do you mean?”

               “Well, I can remember a couple things and some fuzzy images but that’s all that’s coming back.” She admitted.

               “Like what?”

               She paused. “Well the clearest thing is a blond girl. A vampire. Her name is Ivory.” The name didn’t ring any bells to me. “Sorry I can’t be much more of  help.” She apologized.

               After searching her face, I gave in. “It’s okay. I hope more comes back in time.”  I left the room and went to where the vampires were watching.

               “She’s lying.” Edward grunted the moment I closed the door.

               “I know.” I replied. “I’ve been her best friend for years; I can tell. I just don’t know why.”

               He looked at me. “She’s trying to protect you.”

               “From what?”

               “Them: The people that created you, the ones that are after you, the ones that made her like this. She doesn’t want you to worry or suffer like she had to.”

               “But I need to know who they are in order to save her and myself!” I exclaimed exasperatedly.

               He opened his mouth to reply, but stopped and went to Carlisle. Edward muttered a string of information so fast even I couldn’t keep up to Carlisle. After a minute, they looked at each other face to face. “Do you think it could be-?” Edward asked, in which Carlisle nodded to his incomplete question.

               I looked between the two distraught faces before finally breaking the silence. “Well...?”

               Carlisle walked up to me. “We have a hunch this is the White Circle.”

               I looked at him blankly. “This means nothing to me. I haven’t heard of a white circle.”

               “I didn’t expect you to.”

               “You see,” Edward cut in, “I saw a lot of things in Sara’s mind. Something about a place, above the United States...in Canada. There were cages, sickness, torture and pain for these people there. Vampires, werewolves, humans, hybrids and more. Like a scientist’s lab. There were more images too, including the Ivory woman. Carlisle believes this is the White Circle’s doing.”
               “But what is the White Circle!?”

               Carlisle stepped in again. “They were an in visionary group.” He began. “In the medieval days when they were founded it was a group of vampires, only a couple, which did experiments. Horrible, torturous, vile, and deadly experiments on vampires and werewolves alike.” He paused. “The vampire courts ruled them illegal and they were disbanded but-” he trailed off and looked away.

               “But what!?” I asked urgently.

               His gaze met mine. “It sounds as if they’ve come back. This new circle could be impersonating them of course, or it could be the original circle. Either way, we’re in for some formidable times ahead. It sounds like they already know the most effective ways to torture. They do this for knowledge however; to find out the unknown.”

               “That’s sick.” I spat out.

               His head whipped back towards me. “That’s life. Humans did it before, and still do it today on other animals too. It’s the way life is. The only difference between them and the humans is that they mostly do it in the most gruesome ways possible. The White Circle used to take pride and pleasure in their work as well as knowledge. That’s why they are regarded and feared as so.”

               “So you say they’re after me? Why?”

               “It’s obvious. You’re one of their experiments.” All of a sudden, I couldn’t breathe. The shock and pain of knowing a deadly group such as this wanted me was unbearable. “Isaac must have been one of them. He made you a hybrid for someone else. It can be assumed that he was going to bring you to this lab as well. Obviously, you got away. The Circle never lets one of their experiments go unaccounted for. Thus, the need to use Sara. They had no one else that even knew what your face looked like, so they used your bond to recapture you. As you can probably tell, she was not willing to help them. So they took out her emotions, her thoughts, and replaced them with a simple mission of getting you.”

               “H-How can they do that to a person?” I whispered.

               “The White Circle is capable of anything.” He replied coldly. “She should be considered lucky with what they did to her.”

               I gulped and turned away from his dead stare. If they were seriously after me that meant... “I’m going up for some air.” I said to no one in particular, leaving the room as quickly as possible.

               Outside, the world was still and quiet, the cold chilling me to the bone. It didn’t help to calm my fears, but allowed for me to gather my thoughts without a bunch of vampires staring at me. The new found troubles had sent me into a state of shock that I’d never gone to before.

               Just when my life was starting to go right, just when it was getting to some sense of normality, this had to occur. Now everything, everyone that I loved was in peril. Because of me. How could I let such a thing happen? How could I be able to possibly tell Conner, Rena, Mirabelle and all the others that their lives were in danger just by knowing me? Most importantly, how in the world would I manage to take down this godforsaken, centuries old, White Circle once and for all?

               Just the thought overwhelmed me. But I had no choice in the matter. I needed to go to that lab and I needed to take them down. For all of those that I loved.

               My decision made, I returned to the basement with a new determination. These bastards should’ve known better than to take me on. They won’t be able to lay a finger on my family now.

               Back in the room where Sara was held, I took a chair, slammed it down and sat on it backwards.

               “I know everything. Just tell me what I need to do.”

*******************************

so that's it! I hop you enjoyed it! :)  More will be coming...in a week or so. Must finish school first.

READ

VOTE
COMMENT

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.8K 685 46
A twist on Werewolf, Vampire, Hybrids. This is not your typical Werewolf teen romance. Definitely not teen romance. Adult werewolf style with dark to...
3.2K 128 15
Amanda was just a simple nerdy girl. She was found out that she is adopted. She runs away discovering she is a werewolf. She stumbles onto another pa...
1.1M 29.5K 40
With his eyes trained on me he growls, "Unchain me." The supervisor chirps quietly, "I can't." His head swivels to her, and his fists are cle...
817K 25.8K 35
#11 in werewolves "You know I'll never stop running, right?" "I've always loved a good chase" ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••...