Everest 》Alec Lightwood | dis...

By NamesLovely

"you taught me what it felt like to fly and what it felt like to fall every time I breathed" (c.c.b) In... More

extended summary +
Playlist
BOOK 01
ACT ONE
001
002 πŸ“Œ
003 πŸ“Œ
004πŸ“Œ
005πŸ“Œ
006πŸ“Œ
new story, again
007πŸ“Œ
008πŸ“Œ
009πŸ“Œ
NOT AN UNDATE, SORRY
010πŸ“Œ
011πŸ“Œ
not an update
012πŸ“Œ
013πŸ“Œ
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
025
026
027
028
029
030
ACT TWO
031
032
033
034
035
036
100K READS
037
038
039
040
A.N
042
043
044
045
046 (read a/n at end)
047
BOOK 02
201K WTH ❀️❀️
B2:001
A/N
002
hi~

041

2.8K 107 5
By NamesLovely

__________________

Everest grunted as he punched the sandbag. Left, Right. Over and over again. 

He could feel his muscles flexing and the burning the punches are creating in them but if anything, it gave him a distraction because the amount of anger he was feeling was an anger that he shouldn't turn towards any person. So instead of facing the people around him. He separated his feet to balance himself with his hands in front of him and just kept punching.     

It was no miracle that the bones in his fist weren't

"Your stance is weak," Isabelle announced. Everest took a deep breathe as he turned towards her.

"Isabelle," he sighed.

"Your punches are good and strong but your stance is weak. Hold it again," she instructed.

Everest brought his fists in front of him as he widens his legs for more balance. Izzy scanned his form, pushing his legs wider and his arms higher before twisting his waist. "Now punch," she demanded.

He swung his fist forward putting his weight and his new found balance into it. He found that it was easier to punch than before. He grabbed the swung bag to a stop.  "Thank you," he said looking at Izzy.

Isabelle nodded looking at him. "What's wrong?" She asked. He looked at her but didn't make a move to respond knowing that she knew that answer to that. "Alec," she asked. He nodded.

"You should speak to him," Isabelle said.

"I already did, Iz. I basically gave him an ultimatum and practically told him I was in love with him," Everest explained making Izzy's eyes widen as she smiles.

"Oh my angel, "she exclaimed.

"Izzy, he's getting married," Everest reminded her.

She nodded. Her mood seems to have lowered a bit at the realization but she put on a small smile. "Are you coming to the wedding?" She asked carefully looking him over. She can see the stress all over his face. From his eyes to his shoulders and the overall way he held himself. 

Everest shook his head. "No, I don't think..." Everest drifted off.

Isabelle sighed. "I get you not wanting to go but you going might just be that push Alec needs," she said.

"Izzy, I doubt that. The dude already got his mindset," Everest argued.

"Just come, okay. If not for Alec, then for me," she pleaded.

Everest sighed. "I'll think about it, okay," he said.

Izzy gave him wide smile, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Thank you, Ever," she spoke softly.

"If you do, just come by my room, I got just the suit for you," Isabelle said.

"Thanks, Izzy," he sighed. A smile plastered on his face at the thought of Isabelle being comfortable enough to give him a nickname. 

Alec didn't care about his own happiness so why should he care. He took his gloves off and with that thought, he left

Clary sighed walking to Magnus, Everest behind her. Jace sat down on one side of Magnus.

"Morning," Clary said.

"Morning" Jace responded. Everest sighed at the tension.

"You two just came from training?" Jace asked.

"Yeah, I'm working on my punches and stance," Everest responded. Jace nodded. Everest tried to shrug off the tension. 

"And I'm working on my right hook," Clary answered.

"That's a good punch," Jace said trying to make conversation.

"Yeah, well I'm working on it," Clary said.

"While this conversation is no doubt scintillating, remind me why we couldn't do this at my place," Magnus asked. "At least there we have cocktails."

"It's 9:00 in the morning," Everest stated in disbelief.

"Oh, it's happy hour somewhere, my dear," Magnus responded making Everest shake his head in amusement. 

"We invited you here, Magnus, because Hodge can't leave the institute," Jace explained. "He's an important part of this mission."

"Well, then, where is our tardy little tutor?" Magnus asked.

"Pardon the delay, Magnus," Hodge said as he arrives. "I was following up on a lead. Now," he said standing in front of the large monitor. "We've narrowed down our list of warlocks to these three." Hodge pulled up the images on the monitor.

"Why is Ragnor Fell up there? He's not more powerful than I am," Magnus asked.

"Jealous much, Magnus," Everest remarked.

"Well, some would disagree. He is older than you," Hodge explained.

"Certainly not wiser," Magnus fired back.

"Who is Ragnor Fell?" Clary asked.

"The former High Warlock of London," Jace explained.

"And one of my oldest friends," Magnus butted in. "Very prickly, likes to keep to himself."

"Okay, look. We just need to figure out which one of these warlocks had enough access to Jocelyn that they could create the option for her without anyone discovering what they'd done," Hodge explained.

"By the early '90s, Ragnor was a professor at the Shadowhunter Academy in Idris," Magnus spoke.

"Isn't that when our mother lived there?" Everest asked. "Could he have made the option for her?"

"The little bugger!" Magnus exclaimed. "That's why he hasn't responded to my fire message."

Everest looked at him. "Ever since Valentine began hunting warlocks, Ragnor's been holed up in his secret country house just outside of London," Magnus stated. "For all I know, Ragnor suspected my fire message was a ploy by Valentine to lure him out of hiding. He'll have to confront him face to face."

"You're going on this mission?" Hodge asked.

"Of course," Magnus said. "I'm the only one Ragnor trusts."

Magnus got up, turning around to come face to face with Alec and Lydia. Magnus looked back at Everest who had tense up.

"Magnus, I didn't know you were here," Lydia said.

"Yeah," Magnus sighed.

"We were just on our way to greet a few representatives of the Clave who arrived earlier for tomorrow's wedding," Lydia explained. "How long are you staying?"

Everest held eye contact with Alec for a moment too long before looking away.

"What's going on here? Nobody told me about a meeting," Alec asked.

"Magnus figured out that Ragnor Fell is the warlock who can wake our mom," Clary explained. "We're just bringing him back to the institute."

"How can I help?" Alec asked.

"We're just recovering a warlock, Alec," Jace said.

"We got this covered," Everest spoke up staring at the back of Jace's head instead of meeting Alec's eyes.

Jace looked back at Everest, giving him a nod while Everest gave a barely-there smile to him.

"Besides, you have um...emissaries from the Clave to meet, don't you?" Everest told him.

There was silence before Lydia spoke up. "Again, lovely seeing you, Magnus.". Alec stood there for a moment, his eyes on Everest. He opened his mouth to say something making Everest raise his left eyebrow in question but Alec instantly closed it before walking after Lydia. 

Everyone took a well needed deep breath. "Get ready. We leave in an hour," Jace said before walking away. Clary going after him.

Everest sighed before walking back to his room. 

There was a knock on his door. He slipped his black leather jacket on before moving to open the door. Alec stood on the other side of it, looking at Everest who looked very surprised to see him. "What are you doing here, Alec? Shouldn't you..." 

Alec stepped in interrupting him. "I slipped out of a second. I wanted to talk to you," he answeredEverest. Everest breathed in before turning around to get his boots, taking the opportunity to squeeze his eyes shut trying to relief the unsettling feeling in his stomach. 

"What did you want to talk about?" Everest asked as he sat down on his best making his mission to busy himself enough so looking at Alec wasn't such a hard thing to do. 

"Did you mean it? What you said last night?" Alec asked making Everest look up at him in surprise. 

Sometimes in life, there are no do over's. No going back. But right know, Everest had the opportunity to take it back, to level the ground beneath him but then he looked at Alec and he found himself hating that thought. Since he had been here, Alec has show emotion towards him that Izzy herself had been surprised to see because people outside the family don't get that kind of Alec but Everest somehow managed to crawl inside Alec and set him on fire. 

That's how Alec felt when he was with Everest. On fire. But he never admitted it to himself until now.

Everest stood up. He looked at Alec for a second. He liked standing close to Alec. It made him a little nervous to be this close but it was a kind of nervous that you don't mind. One that made you want to feel it again. Everest stared at Alec's blue eyes. Amove that made the distance between them all so real. "Would it even change anything? Huh?" Everest asked. It was low and it intensified their current position.

"I don't know," Alec told him with a sincerity that made Everest want to kiss him. Hard. But instead, he caught himself. Everest didn't expect that answer. It wasn't a yes and it wasn't a no but the fact that Alec admitted to not knowing gave the impression that Alec maybe felt something for him too. 

"It's okay not to know," Everest whispered. 

Alec stared at him, no response. He didn't want to have this uncertainty in the air. He wanted to know. But maybe he did know, he just wasn't ready to accept the truth that he had laid out for himself.  The truth that had been staring at him since the first time he let Everest hold his hand. 

"Okay," Alec finally said. 

"Okay."

____________________________________

I finally upated. 

Happy New Years. Let's hope next year is better than this year. 

TO ALL THE UP'S AND DOWN'S WE ALL HAD. TO ACCOMPLISHMENT BEING MET AND TO A WHOLE LOT MORE SEASONS OF OUR FAVORITE SHOWs THAT IS COMING OUR WAY. (hint: the 100... xx)

all the love

|Carla|

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

415K 9.6K 57
(n.) the euphoria you experience when you are first falling in love.
329K 7.8K 22
❝When I die, I want the Morgenster family to lower me to my grave, so they can let me down once again.❞ 【 Based on Shadowhunters 】 【 Alec Lightwood...
157K 3.4K 34
Clary Fairchild was to be protected by Mayla Stonehart. Years of hiding her true identity made Mayla live in fear every day and look over her shoulde...