beauty and the beast ⋮ percab...

By itsnotgigii

⤷ annabeth does not sing in public, which is something she made perfectly clear to her theatre loving best fr... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
BONUS CHAPTER: 19. (Percy POV)
Epilogue

15.

20.6K 602 932
By itsnotgigii

Percy and I didn't talk about the rose fight the next day.

I mean, why would we? Percy was probably embarrassed by the fact he kissed my cheek and flirted with me immensely and there was no way I was going to casually bring it up in conversation. I didn't even tell Piper and Hazel about it. Those two would go absolutely nuts.

Currently, I was being fitted into Belle's famous blue dress by Rachel and getting my hair and makeup done by her. From what I could see, it went down to about the midway point in my calves and cinched above the waist. "Annabeth you brought your contacts right?" Rachel asked, pulling my hair back so she could put it into a high ponytail.

I nodded, reaching into my backpack to pull out my contacts case. I didn't wear them very often, only for formal occasions and when I actually gave myself time to get ready in the morning. I also just love to wear my glasses. They're comforting in a way.

After a few minutes, Rachel told me that I was completely ready. I turned around to face myself in the mirror and nearly gasped in shock. I looked so different.

They decided it'd be too difficult to deal with a brown wig so the production managers had Rachel pull my blonde locks up into a high ponytail. A light blue bow that matched the fabric on my dress was clipped into my ponytail. My sterling great eyes shone even more than usual and were actually popping with the stage makeup Rachel had applied on me. The blue dress fit me in all the right ways and actually suited my petite frame well

In other words, I actually looked pretty.

"Annabeth, you look amazing!" Rachel gushed. "But you're going to look even better when I got you into the yellow dress later."

"It's all your doing." I wasn't lying. Rachel was the residential artist of the tech crew, having a natural talent for making anything look good. She helped paint all the different sets and when it came for production time she'd work on the casts hair and makeup.

"Aw shucks," Rachel grinned. "Now get out there, Apollo wants to see everyone in their costumes as soon as possible."

I speed-walked out of there, not wanting to be the last one to get out on stage. When I reached the stage, I saw nearly the entire cast was out there, dressed in their costumes for the 'Be Our Guest' number.

As soon as I caught a glimpse of Percy's costume, I burst out laughing. Even though I could only see a portion of his face through the costume, Percy still looked extremely proud of himself. "What do you think, Annabeth?" Percy flexed his right arm. "I think I'm a pretty attractive Beast if I do say so myself."

I scoffed. "You see, this is why the Enchantress turned you into a monster in the first place."

Percy chuckled in response. "I'm kidding, I know I look like an animal. You, on the other hand, look quite adorable."

Please don't be crimson red, please don't be crimson red. "O-Oh thanks Percy."

"Annabeth!" Hazel grinned, shuffling over to me in her giant teacup costume. "You look great in that costume!"

I blushed and thanked her, not used to getting so many compliments. Over on another end of the stage, I noticed Jason going bug-eyed at the sight of Piper in her short feathered skirt and fishnet tights. I smirked to myself. As much as Piper and Hazel teased me about Percy and I, I know those two were just as crazy about Jason and Frank and vice versa.

"Okay everyone line up on stage based on where you stand in the bows." Everyone organized themselves on stage, ensemble standing towards the back and the leads towards the front. I slowly made my way to the center, standing in between Hazel and Percy.

Apollo started walking around the stage, occasionally making comments about how he wanted the makeup and hair to be done. When he caught a glimpse of Leo's sparkling gold costume, Apollo began to chuckle at Leo's peevish expression.

"When I auditioned to play Lumiere, I was not aware I'd be bathed in glitter," Leo grumbled.

"Hush up Leo," Apollo replied, grinning.

"Oh I can't wait to get photos of Leo," Hazel told me, a smirk beginning to form on her face.

"The professional photos are going to be even better," Percy snickered.

"Shush you two, Apollo's coming over," I scolded.

Apollo walked in front of us, nodding in approval. "Hazel, can you move okay in that costume?" Hazel nodded and Apollo's grin grew. "Good, that was the one costume the costume department was worried about."

After Apollo did one final once-over, he told us to get dressed into our second costume of the show. Almost every single character in the show had two costumes, minor a few side characters. I ran backstage to the dressing area where Rachel was waiting excitedly with the yellow dress on a hanger.

This time when I saw the costume, I actually did gasp. Unlike many of the yellow gowns used in productions, this one wasn't structured and large. It was beautiful, flowing, and seemed sparkled under the lights.

"Let's get ready," I grinned, sitting myself down in the chair so Rachel could change my hair and change me into the dress.

Rachel unwound my ponytail quickly from its band, letting my curls cascade down my back. Since changing my hair style in the quick change backstage would be an extremely long process, the hair crew decided they would create a 'fake bun' that matched my blonde hair to clip onto my head. I also noticed her using some yellow flower clips that matched the fabric of my dress. I'm honestly still not entirely sure how it worked still.

When Rachel completed the finishing touches, she turned me around and my eyes went wide in shock. There was no way that was me in the mirror. Absolutely no way.

Because that person in the mirror is beautiful.

Rachel clapped her hands in delight. "Percy is going to lose it when he sees you!" Rachel exclaimed.

I groaned. "You know about the ship too?"

"Honey, the entire production crew knows," Rachel replied, laughing. "Grover even has a ship name for you two."

"He has a what now?"

"A ship name, Percabeth. Grover uses it when he's talking in the headsets. It's a pretty good couple name if you ask me."

I threw my hands up in the air and pushed open the door. "I'm leaving!"

"Love you!"

Stepping onto the stage, I noticed everyone's heads turn towards me. Percy's back was turned to me. He seemed to be wearing a regal, long blue 1700's style coat with black pants and boots, and a golden crown. Even with his back turned to me, I could tell he looked even more handsome than usual. Frank caught a glimpse of me over Percy's shoulder. Smirking, Frank pointed at me and Percy slowly began to turn around.

God, he looks even better from the front.

Percy's mouth went agape, and his sea-green eyes went wide. I would've teased him but I probably looked the exact same. I noticed that everyone around us seemed to go quiet, watching our every move. Out of the corner of my eyes, I could see Hazel and Piper in the middle of quiet, hysterical laughter over the two of us.

"Jesus Christ Annabeth," Percy eventually whispered.

"Well someone looks excited to see me," I teased, moving a few inches closer. "Nice crown you've got there."

"Oh this little thing?" Percy replied, reverting back to his normal self. "I'm pretty sure it's spray paint."

"Well no kidding, they're not going to use a solid gold crown."

"Why not?" Percy whined.

I raised an eyebrow and smacked his shoulder. "For one, it'd be completely out of the school theatre budget. Two, it'd completely weigh down your head and you wouldn't even be able to move your head."

"Everyone line up!" Apollo called out, bringing my attention away from Percy. "The sooner I go over the costumes the sooner we'll get to choreographing the finale!"

Another waltzing scene with Percy? Plus a possible kissing scene? Sign me up.

Apollo quickly had us change us out of the costumes as soon as he reviewed them all. Percy and I quickly walked back onto the stage, still joking about Leo's sparkling costume.

"We're going to start right when the Beast collapses on Belle after being stabbed by Gaston," Apollo started, directing Percy and I on stage. "After the Beast transforms and Belle realizes it is him, Percy's going to lift her up in a giant hug and then kiss her. However, you two won't actually be kissing until opening night. We want to save the magic of that first kiss for then."

Apollo winked at the two of us and blood rushed to my cheeks.

Great, now I think Apollo ships us.

•••

Hi guys!

So a lot of you have been commenting asking to 'please write a Percy pov chapter!!!' Do not fret my lovely readers, that'll be coming sooner that you all think ;)

Orchestra concert actually wasn't too bad. The biggest mishaps were the French Horn section in my orchestra completely screwing up the beginning of a piece, and how I have a giant burn on my neck now from a curling iron incident.

Anyways, leave a vote, comment, etc. Thank you guys so much for all of the support. Love you!

- G ♥️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.3K 1.6K 51
I have edited the first 5 chapters of this story, please check them out, since I think the are much better than the old ones. Percy and Annabeth meet...
20.5K 407 49
(Currently being edited) After several years Annabeth Chase finally returns to Long Island, New York. She has to start a whole new life at Goode High...
250K 3.9K 40
===========//============ "You're just weak!" "No one wants you here!" "You're useless!" "No one will ever love you!" These words... Why do they hurt...
380 28 28
(Heads up. I wrote this story when i was younger and i went back and tried to re-edit it best i can. Its kinda cringe. Read at your own risk..) When...