Midnight Flock

Av 0nyxcrescent

This is a fanfic based on CL Stone's Ghost Bird and Scarab Beetle series. There is mature content. San... Mer

Chapter 1: Shooting Lesson
Chapter 2: Bullseye
Chapter 3: Betrayal
Chapter 4: Punishment and Reward
Chapter 5: New Family and Mission Specs
Getting Ready
Chapter 7: Club Midnight
Chapter 8: First Night
Chapter 9: The Guys
Chapter 10: Date with Gabriel
Chapter 11: ~A~ Report
Chapter 12: The Gang's All Here
Chapter 13: Nathan's Date
Chapter 14: Kryptonite
Chapter 15: Body Shots
Chapter 16: Of Legends and Myths
Chapter 17: Team Ito
Chapter 18: Family Meeting
Chapter 19: Chastity Meets the Blackbourne Team
Chapter 20: Luke's Dessert
Author's Note
Chapter 22: Horny Southerner
Not A Chapter
Chapter 23: We Accidentally Roofied Sang
Chapter 24 - The Great Escape
Chapter 25: Saying Goodbye

chapter 21: Rumours and Uniforms

2.3K 214 22
Av 0nyxcrescent

North’s POV

“When I locate these damned evil squirrels, I am going to destroy their worlds. Not conquer them, destroy them.” Gabriel ranted.

“That seems a little harsh, doesn’t it?” I asked, uninterested in his answer.

“These fuckers keep coming out of nowhere and attacking my planets! Every damned time I start up a new game, I always get stuck next to these fuckers. I can’t figure out where the fuckl they’re coming from.” Gabriel gripped.

“What the hell are you playing?” Luke popped up over my shoulder to look at Gabe’s computer screen.

“Galactic Civilization Three.”

“Because we have to differentiate it from the previous two?” Luke egged him on.

“Exactly! Both one and two were shit. In three, I get to design my own ships.”

“And we’ve just figured out why Gabriel is playing.” Silas chimed in. I rolled my eyes. We were killing time before our next shift at the club. It’s been three weeks since everything came out about Sang’s current mission and the Academy asked my brother’s and I to help Sang baby. Of course we would. I would walk across water if she asked me to.  Well, I would try anyway.

Silas and I got in as two extra security guards, but we couldn’t be buddies with Brandon and Raven as they weren’t getting anywhere with information on their end and the other security guys hated them. We didn’t like being sleazy, but we never let anything happen to Sang when she’s on the floor. Usually, we’re working the other side of the club anyway. Marc makes sure Brandon and Raven have Sang’s tables covered. Gabriel is the new DJ after the other one suddenly got offered a job at a nicer club downtown for more money. To Gabe’s credit, the attendance at club Midnight has swelled to near capacity. I guess he knows his shit, and the waitresses all love him. But, I think that’s because they think he’s gay. He doesn’t seem to care; we get a lot of gossip from him. As much as Sang baby does. Me and Silas? We get to pass notes to certain waitresses we suspect are involved in the ring. As far as we can tell though, Dick has kept his hands clean. We have nothing yet to link him to the prostitution ring directly.  

We’ve added a few dozen cameras with the help of Luke and Victor to the inside and outside of the club, including employee only areas and Dick’s office. We haven’t picked up anything out of the ordinary yet. If Dick is running this ring, he’s either a lot smarter than we’ve given him credit for, or he’s not doing business out of the club. Haru and the boys from the gang he and Jimmy have infiltrated seem to have a stronger presence, while Machete seems to have backed off. When he does come in, he and his boys always sit in Sang’s section and he always flirts with her, but he’s been more withdrawn since hurting her, which is how I fucking like it.

“Candy is supposed to be throwing a big party at her place tonight.” Gabriel pipes up suddenly.

“Which one is Candy?” Luke asks.

“The blonde hair blue eyed she-devil.” Gave shivers in disgust. “Some of the girls that get the drugs and notes in their lockers are going. It might be the break in the case we’re looking for.” I empathized with Gabe, Candy was not a nice girl. She’d throw any one of her coworkers under the bus, but she hadn’t gone after Sang yet. We were all watching her like a hawk though. She wasn’t a fan of Sang’s and none of us were willing to have another Jade on our hands.

“Where’s her place? Maybe we could get a couple of cameras installed and check out the party. It doesn’t sound like any of us have an invite.” Luke’s suggestion was valid, and it would logistically be possible to get Luke and Victor on the cameras and placement tonight while everyone was working at the club.

“She’s up in the J.P.G. territory. From what I hear, it’s a nice house she lives in, or owns or something. I haven’t been able to get the details. Some of the J.P.G. are going to be there.” Gabe and his endless rumour mill network. Those girls gossiped more than socialites. We didn’t tell Sang, because we didn’t want her to be uncomfortable, but quite a few of the girls thought her and Machete were an item, keeping things on the down low. It made me want to bash his face into a brick wall. However, I had to admit, for being a thug, he was a half decent guy. I just didn’t want him anywhere near Sang Baby.

“Someone reach out to Haru or Jimmy, see if they have an invite to this party at Candy’s place. Maybe they can get some leads.” I texted Kota and Owen about a possible lead and the idea of getting cameras into Candy’s house. They gave us the okay to proceed and I sent Luke out to grab Vic and get started on the camera placements while the rest of us headed to the club.

“Which uniform do you think she’s wearing tonight?” Silas asked under his breath as we leaned against the far wall. She continued to get ready at Corey’s apartment and get a ride in with Marc to keep up appearances.

“Probably the green one, she wore the pink one last night and those are her two favorite. She thinks the blue on is smaller than the others and she’s not a fan of the orange color.” I responded. I fucking knew too much about Sang and her damned uniforms. I dreamed about her in those torturous uniforms, just like my brothers did. I won’t lie, Chastity was a bit of a turn on too. I love my Sang Baby, but Chastity was a tougher, more assertive, foul mouthed version of her and it was sexy as hell. I would not complain if Chastity made an appearance in the bedroom. I felt Silas go rigid beside me. I looked over at him to see what was going on. His fists were clenched at his side, his muscles were taut and a North worthy scowl rested on his face. I followed his line of sight and my body was a mirror of Silas’.

Haru had Sang draped on his arm like an accessory. I wanted to punch him in the face. Then I saw what Sang Baby was wearing and I almost marched over there and covered her up with my own black tee-shirt. If it wasn’t for Silas’ hand grabbing my arm at the last minute, I would have already been in their faces. What was she thinking? She was wearing the black uniform and pink stilletos. I almost choked on my tongue.

“Someone tell me that is not Sang with fucking Haru in one of those black fucking uniforms.” Gabriel practically screeched into our coms.

“Confirmed. Sang is with Haru and is wearing a black uniform.” Silas responded to the chatter.

“But, what is she wearing underneath the uniform?” I voiced to Silas. He grunted his reply, unable to take his eyes off her. We all knew what that uniform did in the black lights. I felt my nails digging into my palm and I had to consciously relax my hands. I took to closing my eyes and counting to ten like Kota taught me to get myself under control. I was going to kill the Toma team for allowing her to step out in that uniform. Then, I was going to kill Haru for letting her hang all over him like that. But, there had to be a reason. Something had to have changed to cause her to do this.

Just like that, I forgot to breathe, to think, to function on the most basic human level. Sang baby just walked into a black light area and I was going to have to excuse myself to the bathroom or sport some very uncomfortable wood for the rest of the night. There was no way I could continue to watch her and expect to be comfortable. Fuck. Me. I didn’t know she owned anything like that. I swear half the club stopped functioning until she sauntered her ass out of the range of the blacklight. I swallowed hard as my eyes tracked her. She had on what appeared to be a lacey, pink, half cup strapless bra and a matching pink, lace thong. I found my eyes straining to see if I could detect a hint of nipple through her uniform because there’s no way that bra was covering them. I heard Silas let out a string of very creative curses in Greek. It made me laugh quietly because he just about said what I was thinking in my head.

“Someone please fucking tell me we got that on video.” Gabriel begged over our earpieces. I was about to ask Kota to turn him off so the rest of us couldn’t hear it.

“I’ll be making copies for everyone later tonight.” Owen chimed in. I felt my jaw drop to the floor. I would have only been more surprised if Kota had said that. But for Owen to have said anything blows my mind. Sang Baby kept insisting that Owen is quite the comedian when they are together and makes her laugh a lot, but we thought that was an over exaggeration. If this is the Owen she sees, I want more of him.

“Corey just informed us that Sang was switched to the VIP section last minute with Candy. Haru suggested the uniform. They got some last minute information that suggests Candy helps recruit the girls for the ring and one of the signals that you're interested is wearing the black uniform when you are put into VIP. She thought it was worth the embarrassment to crack this lead. Haru’s pretty sure at this point the Jamison Park Gang is involved in the sex trafficking.” Kota was short and to the point, no doubt having trouble keeping himself focused on the information instead of tracking Sang’s progress through the club. Shit, if she was going to be in VIP all night, that area is lit up like christmas with those damned black lights. Silas and Ian were assigned to VIP. Ian was a douchebag of epic proportions and one of the main drug distributors in the club. I couldn’t wait to take this place down and then torch it. Silas was going to be an issue though, we know those creeps in VIP get damned handsy with the girls and we were expected to turn a blind eye to it in the section. But, with Sang up there, I didn’t doubt that Silas would blow a gasket the first time a stray hand made it’s way to her ass. However, if I sent Fred up to take Silas’ spot, it would be worse because Ian and Fred were not shy with their hands either and liked a good show, so if something did happen with Sang, they wouldn’t lift a finger. This was a tough situation.

“Kota,” I called through our coms, “See if Raven can switch with Silas in VIP. He’s too volatile there with her, but we need to keep her protected.” Raven would trust Sang to ask for help if she needed it, but would also be a balance for the section so it didn’t get too rowdy.

“Raven is on his way now. Silas, you’re with Brandon tonight.” Kota responded

“Ten-Four.” Silas acknowledged the switch, it almost sounded like relief in his voice.

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

161K 9.1K 22
Your prospects are limited when you don't exist, but Sang Sorenson has been getting by as a cashier in a grocery store after dropping out of high sch...
149K 9.9K 45
An Academy/ Ghost Bird Fanfic. Inspired by the characters and story by C.L. Stone. This story contains characters that are similar to the Ghost Bird...
188K 12.8K 70
Cover by @theWritersed - they are super amazing!! Sang spent her childhood waiting for the next punishment and the next letter. One brought her pain...
354K 16.7K 60
{Completed} A lost soul in a sea of anguish and confusion, Sang floats alone, and the treacherous waters around her are starting to consume her; she'...