Locked in Love

Par Bbambi

Torn away from her long-term boyfriend into an arranged marriage by a century old binding contract, Alice Fab... Plus

Chapter One- I Don't
Chapter Two- To Have and to Hold
Chapter Three- To Honor and to Obey
Chapter Four- To Love and to Cherish
Chapter Five- For Better or for Worse
Chapter Six- For Richer or for Poorer
Chapter Seven- In Sickness and in Health
Chapter Eight- For as Long as you both Shall Live
Chapter 10- How To Break A Heart
Chapter 11- How to Steal A Heart
Chapter 12- How To Ruin Everything
Chapter 13- If You Love Something, Let It Go
Chapter 14- And If It Comes Back, It's Yours
Epilogue

Chapter Nine- I Do

7.4K 310 7
Par Bbambi

Sorry this was a pretty short chapter but i have another one which is almost finished which i will upload tonight :) x enjoy (please vote, comment or fan maybe :3 <3 )

Chapter Nine- I Do

“Jason?” 

“Jason!”

“Jason, wake up!” Alice hissed.

The only reply Alice received was a low, almost inaudible murmur. The suntanned back that faced her moved ever so slightly, the muscles and shoulder blades flexing enticingly. 

Too shy to push against his bare back to wake him up, Alice pressed her toes against his ankles and nudged them ever so slightly. 

“Jason!”

Alice gulped as her husband rolled over in his sleep. His smooth ebony tresses falling loosely over his eyes. A small smile played on his lips.

“Wake up!” Alice begged quietly, “Please!”

Jason’s jaw tightened at the sound of her voice. Almost as if he heard the hint of distress in her whisper, he reached over and wrapped a toned arm around her torso.

The warmth from his breath caused a wave of goosebumps to sprout across the blonde’s arms and chest.  

“Jason?” Alice tried one last time. 

“Alice?” he breathed, “Why are you in my bed?”

“This is my bed!” she snarled back, a little more aggressively than intended.

Jason’s chocolate tinted eyes blinked open. His brow furrowed in thought for a few seconds, before he relaxed his expression.

“Do you want me to leave?” he sighed.

Alice felt her face redden, and she prayed her husband couldn’t see her blush in the darkness.

“No...” she admitted, her voice a faint whisper, “Stay.”

----------------------

The room was hushed and peaceful. The only sound to be heard was the two young people’s breathing. In perfect harmony, they inhaled sweet summer air and exhaled with soft sighs. Even in their sleep, they knew they were happy. They were happy together.

A narrow slice of golden sunlight peeked through a gap in the beige curtains, spreading across the two dozing figures. A pale spray of morning glow, shrouding the expanse of the bed. A man and a woman. Their faces soft in slumber. Their arms entwined. Their fingers interlaced.

They stayed like this. Until the sun was throwing light over the entire bedroom. The radiance dancing over the furniture. Coiling around the the shadows. Then they stirred. 

The nimble young woman emitted a gentle murmur under her breath. Her blonde hair shone like threads of gold under the veil of dawn. Her eyelids fluttered open. A pair of lime green eyes swept across the body in front of her. She smiled at the mop of jet black hair. The clear olive skin. The strong, handsome features. One mahogany coloured eye opened and then closed again, leaving a small smile behind.

“It’s rude to stare.” the young man teased, his voice low and husky.

Alice rolled her eyes playfully.

“It’s rude to slither into a lady’s bed in the middle of the night, uninvited.” she countered, grinning.

“You shouldn’t have left the door open!” Jason chuckled.

Alice sat up, beaming. 

“Well you shouldn’t.... You shouldn’t have... You...”

The man dissolved into laughter at his wife’s failed attempt to argue. His eyes squeezed shut as his face contorted with innocent chortling.

But, Jason’s laughter was cut off as a soft object struck his face.

“Hey!” he whined lightheartedly, opening his eyes to the image of a curly haired woman with a large, white pillow, raised above her head. She was giggling incessantly and poised to attack.

Jason scoffed, picking up a pillow to defend himself.

Both people, now fully awake, began to better each other with fleecy cushions for a good five minutes.

Finally, they both tired of the fight and merrily agreed on a truce. 

“Why’d you come in here last night anyway?” Alice queried, slumping back against the plush cushioned bed-head.

Jason crossed his legs and casually flung a woolly, fawn blanket over both of them and the bed-head.

The downy material cocooned them under a cozy tent. The light barley seeped through the cloak of fleece, just enough so that the daybreak was reduced to a mellow luster.

“I didn’t mean to” Jason explained, “It was dark and I was half asleep. I thought it was my room”

Alice expelled a tinkling laugh. At this, Jason smiled broadly.

“What were you doing out of bed?” 

As soon as the words left her lips, Alice wished she could guzzle them back. She didn’t wish to reveal that she was the one clattering around in the hallway.

“I heard a noise.” Jason shrugged, not picking up on the flash of anxiety in his wife’s eyes.

Alice nodded, causing a curtain of pale gold curls to tumble over her face.

The muscles in Jason’s face slackened, his nut-brown eyes softened. He leaned forward and gently brushed the tresses from the girl’s cheek, and tucked them behind her ear.

A small gasp caught in her throat and Alice blinked up at her husband as he leaned over her, his eyes not leaving hers. 

Jason’s face hovered inches from Alice’s. His breath so close and warm, it made her heart beat like the wings of a hummingbird.

Scraping up all of the loose flecks of courage that she could find, Alice closed the distance between her and Jason. Her lips brushing against his. Quick to respond, Jason brought his arms up around the young woman, pulling her closer. Her hands grasped the back of his neck as he deepened the kiss. Alice felt goosebumps rise on her skin, the warmth of his chest against hers sent her heart into another frenzy. 

Jason eventually pulled away, but his arms did not leave his wife. He cradled her as she allowed her chin to settle on his shoulder. Both waited for their hearts to calm down and their breathing to steady.

Alice lifted her head and pulled back so she could see the her husband’s face.

He smiled at her. She smiled back.

Suddenly, Jason’s expression changed. He frowned slightly and he dropped his gaze in thought.

“What?” Alice whispered, bobbing her head to meet his eyes again.

“Nothing it’s just....”

“What is it?” 

“I thought...” Jason started uncertainly, “I thought you were upset with me.”

 Alice looked puzzled.

“After the party.”, The young man elaborated, “You looked sad. I thought I might have done something to hurt you.”

The blonde woman felt guilt’s talons, clawing at her chest. Her heart felt heavy. Her stomach felt like lead. 

Tell him about Caleb.

Tell him.

Alice fought back the words. 

No.

Don’t tell him.

It’ll ruin everything.

You’re happy now.

Don’t tell him.

“No it’s not you. It’s...” Alice began, her voice barley audible.

“Tell me.” Jason urged, his face etched with concern.

“It’s... Caleb.” 

Jason crawled backwards slightly. His arms fell by his sides. Slowly, he lifted the blanket that cloaked them, and tossed it aside. 

Their eyes took a few seconds to adjust to the increased brightness.

“What about Caleb?”

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

42.9K 766 20
Dad's best friend... Coming home from break and is met with an older man that introduce her to a new world and things about herself she never knew. S...
167 1 22
A princess of the name Lilith gets put into an arranged marriage with the prince of another kingdom. All seems to be going well and she thinks it to...
124K 1.2K 12
Romance can be hard especially in your teen years. Being a teenager is hard enough but when you have to deal with taking on an arranged marriage to a...
535K 16.3K 58
Laurel and Julia meet at a peculiar time in both of their lives with Laurel being a high school student and Julia being a teacher. Falling in love is...