A Midnight's Innocence: Dio B...

By MoonshineDarkness

Your family is a close friend of the Joestar's and one day hear about the newest addition to the Joestar's fa... More

Prey
Game Piece
Little Mouse
New Perspective
Home
Long Time
The Letter
The Changes of the Heart
The Truth
The Fire
Alive
New Beginnings
Hymn of Bravery
New Game Plan
I Shouldn't
What Moonlight Reveals
Can the Evil Truly be as Good as You Want it to be?
Why?
YO LOSERS CUM GET YOUR LEMON ;)
Which Side Will You Choose?
Is This The End?
Author's Note

Mysterious Energy

13.8K 415 584
By MoonshineDarkness

Speedwagon had visited the following day and explained that he was the one that brought Jonathan and you to the hospital. Apparently he had visited during the night before as well, but you were sound asleep so you didn't even notice his presence. 

"I guess some people are just fated to meet each other." Speedwagon commented, referring to Erina and Jonathan. You let out a soft smile. "Yeah, it's kind of nice to see those two together. You can really tell how much love they hold for one another."

 Speedwagon let out a cough from the chair he sat in at your bedside. "Correct me if I'm wrong, but Dio and you were a thing right?" You quickly looked a Speedwagon a bit surprised he could pick up on the small feeling that was between Dio and you with all the events that had occurred on that fateful day. You slowly shook your head. "I mean I guess there might have been something there at one point, but it's not like anything could have happen or is going to at this point."

"That doesn't mean that the love wasn't there." You were beginning to hate just how observant Speedwagon could be. "I guess even monsters can be capable of love at some point. But is it really worth being in the grasp of a monster?" Speedwagon incited.

Speedwagon then noticed the newspaper that sat upon the nightstand. He grabbed ahold of it with his good arm and grimaced at the title. "I can't believe Scotland Yard still hasn't been able to catch this bastard." You leaned over a bit to glance at the paper and saw the title 'Jack the Ripper Strikes Again'.  You had heard rumors about the man who brutally murdered women, though you weren't too keen on reading the articles about the events so you didn't know all the details. But you knew better to be cautious of the streets of London by now, you doubted you would ever encounter another murderer like that again.

The door opened to reveal the injured Jonathan as well as Erina accompanying him . "Hello (Y/n), eh Speedwagon when did you get here?" Jonathan started walking towards the two of you. Speedwagon tipped his hat in acknowledgment. "Just a little while ago, I figured I should check up on the both of you." 

"And just so you know." Speedwagon said, standing up, and then putting his hand on Jonathan's shoulder. "You can always depend on me from now on no matter what comes at us."

 After a brief farewell to Speedwagon, Jonathan moved closer to your side. "How are you doing?" He questioned. 

"Probably a whole lot better than you." You nudged him.

"That's not what I mean, (Y/N) are you really fine with everything that's happened?" You were gratefully for Jonathan taking the time to care about you, but you really wanted him to focus on himself for once and take the time to heal.

 "I'm fine Jojo, honestly." Jonathan looked at you skeptically he knew, just like you did with him, when something was wrong with you.

"Jojo and I were going to head to the mansion to see if we can find anything that might be salvaged. If you feel you're able to we'd love you to join us." Erina commented. You didn't really feel like wanting to be the third wheel, but looking between the two you could tell they generally wanted you around.

"Okay, I'd love to go."

You weren't entirely sure what you expected to find when you went with Erina and Jonathan back to the mansion. But seeing it in the rumbles it was now broke your heart, you could only imagine how Jonathan felt seeing the home he grew up in like this. You had many fond memories of the time you had spent here; you and Jonathan chasing after Danny only to get scolded by your mother, you two stuffing your faces with cake on Jonathan's birthday, the two of you play fighting as children and going on mini adventures, and your fathers teaching you the importance of acting properly halfly due to your mother forcing them to. 

You felt a pang in your chest as you thought of your father. You could barely comprehend the fact that he was gone, killed, and nonetheless by Dio's hand. You hadn't realized your eyes had shut tight, and your body was shaking, until Jonathan put a hand on your shoulder and looked at you in a comforting way, almost as to say that he understood the rollercoaster of emotions you were going through at the moment. 

"Hey Jojo." You whispered, not wanting Erina to overhear. "You think the stone mask is truly gone?" He gave you a strange look before replying, "let's hope so, for the better of all our futures."

"Jojo, (Y/N)." Erina interrupted. "Are you two ready?" She sweetly smiled. Jonathan and you exchanged one last look before you walked towards her. 

"Yeah let's head back." 

On your way back you couldn't help, but feel as though you were being watched, and unbeknownst to you Jonathan had felt the exact way. He turned his head to look behind him to make sure no one was following you guys. "Jojo is something wrong?" Erina questioned. You turned your head back as well to find no one there.

"No everything is fi-" Jonathan stopped what he was saying as he saw a guy sitting cross legged on the fence eating a sandwich with a picnic basket beside him. 

'I could have sworn no one was ahead of us just seconds ago...'  

The mustached man simply took a bite of his sandwich while staring at Jonathan. "Mr. Jonathan Joestar." The man spoke while he tapped the black and white top hat he had. "And the lady must be Erina Pendleton." He glanced at Erina, and then looked at you. "And the other (Y/N) (L/N)." At that he jumped up into the sky. 

'Just who the hell is this guy?' 

"Who are you?!" Jonathan exclaimed the question as the man started to descend towards you and Jonathan. "You two did well to get away from the power of the stone mask."

"He knows?" You silently questioned. 

The man then closed his fingers into a fist, except for the pinky fingers, and jabbed them into your's and Jonathan's left lung. You felt your breath escape your lungs and started to choke.

"Allow the very last bit of air to squeeze out of your lungs." The man commented. Both you and Jonathan fell to the ground staggering. "What are you doing they're both still recovering?!" Erina exclaimed in defense as she ran to check on you and Jonathan.

The man simply sprinkled some pepper onto his sandwich as he sat back down on the fence. "The breathlessness is only temporary, there's no need to worry my lady."

Somehow you could feel your back, all the broken bones, being seemingly put back together. "H-how?" Out of breath you questioned. 

Jonathan's arm seemed as good as new as well as he stood up. He held out a hand to you to help you up and stared in disbelief at the bizarre man.

"W-what did you do to us? Who are you?" Jonathan once again tried to interrogate the man.

"One question at a time please Jojo." He added more pepper onto his sandwich. "I did nothing, your breathing cured you." At that moment he let out a sneeze causing him to go backwards off of the fence. You guessed, as ridiculous as it seemed, that some pepper got into his nose and caused him to sneeze. 

Jonathan ran over to where he fell. "Why did you do that for us? How do you know my na-" Jonathan cut off his sentence, the man wasn't on the ground like the should have been.

"I said one question at a time Jojo." He stated standing right in front of Erina and you. "I'll show you the answer. Follow me. What you will see will change your destiny, yet again."

 As crazy as this day was going, you decided to go along with the flow and follow the man.

The man lead you guys towards a river not too far from the spot where you had met him. "I struck both of your diaphragms causing your breathing to be altered." He had explained.

"How?" Both you and Jonathan asked.

"Allow me to demonstrate its energy." He went into the water up to where a frog was sitting on a stone and was taking in uncalculated deep breaths. 

"Just what is he doing?" You asked a bit concerned in how he was breathing, and out of curiosity. 

Water seemed to spray up his legs as he took a stance. "The water! There's weird ripples in the water!" Jonathan commented at the strangeness of the act.

"What I'm about to show you is what relieved your pain." He declared, getting ready to punch the frog. You and Jonathan looked on in amazement as the stone split in two and the frog remained in one piece. 

"That was Sendo." He expressed. 

"S-sendo?" Jonathan inquired.

"Hamon, or ripple energy, creates Sendo. My Hamon energy rippled through the frog's body and split the rock in two." He explained. 

"I know for a fact the mask still remains in tact. Dio, the mask's master holds onto it."

"What?! Did you just say Dio?!" Jonathan exclaimed in disbelief. You couldn't believe what you were hearing either, but somewhere deep down you knew it was the truth.

"Indeed. I have sought the mask for decades to one day destroy it and it's owner. You, Jojo, are already destined to fight against the stone mask. You must master Sendo or face certain death. You and all of humanity."

Jonathan raised his arm on a branch. "This is..." 

"Jojo what's wrong? What does he want?" Erina went to him. You could only stand there, frozen, as you processed everything. 

All of the sudden flowers started blooming on the branch that Jonathan held. You unfroze to look at the sight. 

The blossoms brought out the beauty of the burnt tree. 

'So that is another example of what Hamon can do...'

You looked at your hand and clenched it into a fist. You didn't want to see Dio and Jonathan fight again, but for humanity's sake now, it had to be done.

The mysterious man looked onto the sight of the two that had survived the night of the stone mask's demise and knew that they would be able to hold a prodigious amount of Hamon power, just enough that might be able to take down the stone mask once and for all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 3.9K 55
//THERE'S ALSO A SECOND BOOK, AFTER READING THIS READ THE OTHER ONE!!! ///After your father, dio, was killed you and your 'imaginary' friend went to...
14.2K 315 53
[Updates: EVERY WEEK] This book is a collection of short stories that explores the twisted mind of Dio Brando, a character from the popular manga ser...
185K 8.2K 75
One day Jonathan Joestar was running with Danny to the river, but when he got to the river he found a girl lying in the river unconscious. When she w...
3.2K 149 16
WHERE THE DIO SIMPS AT??????? If you simp for Dio then you're in the right place. Just know that I was inspired to write this so I might use some ide...