If You Dare To Believe

By THGswift13

After tragic loss of her twin sister, Avery feels like she's a complete outsider in her big family and no lon... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
Chapter 7
chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
chapter 27
Chapter 28
chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

chapter 6

809 22 4
By THGswift13

A/n: HEY Y'ALL thank you so much for everything! IT MEANS EVERYTHING TO ME! as i said my exams are around the corner so i would'nt be able to upload but i'll try tho but after my exams theyre will be a lot of chapters so dont worry ;)

anyways i really hope you like this chapter!

Y'ALL ARE AS SWEET AS A COOKIE :3

so pleas

*VOTE

*COMMENT

- shouq xxxxxx

I couldn't believe my eyes.

A huge motorcycle was in front of me, the one you see in TV's or magazines.

"Holy..." I said with my jaw dropped almost to the ground.

He walked around the bike after handing me the hamlet.

"Pretty cool huh? This baby right here is worth six years of saving" he said proudly tapping on the motorcycle.

"It's incredible" I said completely amazed.

"Have you ever ridden something like this?" he asked wearing his helmet.

"Have two older brothers, of course I did" I said, I remembered Paul's motorbike. He had for his 19th birthday. He would always take me for long rides that were the times when Paul cared about me.

I wore my helmet, and sat behind him and clinched to his waist.

"Hold on tight" he warned.

So I did and then began to drive, the feeling I have experienced at that moment is just amazing.

I felt like I'm flying like I'm free most importantly I felt alive.

"How are you holding on?" he asked increasing the speed.

"Perfectly fine" I assured him.

We reached home in no time or that's how I felt. He parked the bike. I took off the helmet and my hair instantly fell back flowing, I felt Joey watching me.

"Well, thank you for the ride." I handed him the helmet, he smiled.

"Anytime" he quickly answered turning his back to the bike, he was facing me.

"So are you going to Evan's party?" he asked polishing the bike.

"Maybe, I don't really know yet" I replied resting my body on the garage.

"Oh come on, it is Evan's baker party! You don't wanna miss that?" he said sarcastically, I just glanced at him.

"Well maybe I will go"

"Oh I know you will" he smirked.

I entered the house it was bit noisy than the usual, like the boys voices and prudence scowling at the girls. Now that was normal, I ran upstairs of course unnoticed and quickly couldn't help stopping when by Chelsea's door when I heard her talking.

"I can't believe it" Chelsea's friend Emma said, as I quickly peaked since the door was little open.

"I know right, I mean how he can not invite any of us?"Chelsea said crossing her legs; I knew they were talking about Evan's party.

"He invited everyone expect our school, and the worst case is that it's in a freakin club." Emma said almost yelling.

"I know, I think its payback" Chelsea said, what she meant is last year's party. Chelsea idiot friends though if they try to compete with Flickson high parties by not inviting them would make them cooler which was so stupid.

"Yeah think?" Emma raised her eye brows.

"I told Tommy it's wasn't good idea, ugh! It's so not fair. I so want to go" Chelsea said frowning. They stayed silent for minute then Emma asked, "Hey isn't Avery new transfer in flickson? Maybe she got invite or something."

Chelsea laughed, "Seriously Em? Avery? She wouldn't get invited to Dan high parties; she would get invited to a baker's? She and her geeky friends are obviously loners. I might like Jay but that Shyann... she's a serious pain."

I stood still, what the hell? Is that what Chelsea thought of me? A loser? A loner? Of course she did. And what she said about Shyann pissed me off.

"Yeah you're right, what was I thinking?" Emma said laughing along.

I felt anger ranging in me; I reached for my phone and texted Shyann.

I'm coming over.

I was so going to that party.

"Avery, stop moving I'm trying to apply the liquid eye liner." Shyann said concentrating on my eyes.

As soon as I finished eras dropping I quickly took a shower and ran downstairs.

"Where are you going, Avery?" Beatrice asked out of nowhere.

"I will go over...Shyann's and jay's...we are in a project together so I might be little late, is it okay?"

I asked in the most politely way possible.

"Sure, but not too late" she answered.

"Your sister is such a bitch Avery, okay? You should rub this in her face. I mean EVAN BAKER asked you himself. Jay said lying on the bed.

"Yeah I mean jealous much?" she said slowly brushing the blusher across my face.

"Tonight my friend you will be sexiest of them all and your hottie prince jaw will drop" Jay said with a deep tone.

Made us all laugh, "so Avery you said I could do whatever I want with you, so that means you are gonna wear something from my closet?" she looked at me with those puppy eyes.

I knew this was a bad idea.

"Oh shit" I exclaimed looking myself at the mirror, I looked so different.

My hair was straightened and my makeup was done perfectly. I knew Shyann was good with makeup and all but I never knew she was an expert.

She made me wear a slivery shiny sleeveless U cut top with mini black short and leather jacket matched it up with hoop earrings.

I looked...good.

"I know right" Shyann smirked as she did her makeup,

"Avery you look damn sexy, guys will go crazy" Jay said and I blushed instantly.

I convinced Shyann to let me wear my converse since I hate heels. Shyann looked absolutely stunning with her short black skirt matching it with a red one arm shirt and her beautiful wavy hair flowing behind her back was distracting already.

"Ready girls?" Jay said glancing at us as we seated in the car.

"Let's Party" Shyann cried.

The party was about to get started.

Music can be heard almost two blocks away from the club, the place was freaking crowded.

People waiting in a very long line and others trying to sneak in. it was a chaos!

"Don't tell me we have to wait in the line" Jay said almost in a sad tone.

"Seriously Jay? We are the VIPs" Shyann said taking a last look at the mirror and I did the same, I was still stunned by the way I looked.

We walked in the middle of the line where people are begging, lying just to get in.

The huge security stopped us, "Names?" he asked as he pushed back his sunglasses which he was wearing at night. It's like the dude from 'Man in Black'.

"Shyann, Avery and Jay" she said proudly.

The security guy instantly opened the door, "Enjoy your evening." He said smiling.

The place was a freaking crazy.

It was exactly the parties you see in movies or it's even better.

There was people dancing everywhere, music was loud than ever. No wonder people are trying to sneaking in.

I looked at my right and Shyann was already dancing, that girl just can't control herself.

"This is amazing" I heard Jay shouting.

There was group of boys dancing in the middle and then I realized it was Evan

Damn he was good.

He did moves you see in movies like Step up. "Oh there is Danny" Shyann cried excitedly. The song ended and everyone applauded.

Danny spotted Shyann in spilt of a second, "Hey you made it" he said giving her a hug.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world" she said smiling flirty.

Then he finally realized me and Jay's existence, "Hey guys" he waved. Then he glanced at Jay "Oh right, Tracy is asking about you Jay. She said to meet her in the Bar." Jay hesitated for a second, "Okay, I'm gonna go. You okay Avery?" he asked me, he did look concerned.

"I'm fine! Go have fun!" I said pushing him, he replied with a bright smile. "You too"

He walked in to the crazy energetic crowed, I felt like a third wheel with Danny and Shyann so I excused myself.

"Oh yeah Avery, Evan has been looking for you" Danny said smiling.

"Tell him to find me" I answered with confidence.

I walked into the crowd and then I spotted Evan with other girls throwing themselves on him. I pretended like I didn't see him, but when I glanced at him he was staring at me with his jaw dropped.

I guess jay was right.

He quickly made his way to me I still pretended like I didn't see him.

"You look beautiful" he whispered in my ear which made me flush.

I looked back facing him, "You don't look bad yourself" I said smirking at him.

He looked extra attractive than usual, "Let me get you drink" he said leading me to the bar. That made me a bit nervous because I never drink alcohol; I never went to parties so this was all new for me.

He got me a drink; I started dirking it like it was water. I was really parched.

"Whoa whoa chill." He said laughing, I wasn't gonna drink a lot I didn't wanna get drunk.

"I'm glad you came" he said and he looked like meant it.

"Well of course since you begged me, I couldn't be that rude now can I?" I said then realizing that I was flirting.

What the hell was wrong with me?

"Not to this face" he said pointing at his face as he did a puppy face which made me laugh.

Then suddenly music started getting louder since the DJ was near the bar we were sitting in.

"Dance with me" he said grabbing my arm near to the dance floor.

"No" I said pulling my hands back.

"What?" he said very loudly near the DJ

"I said no" I repeated staring at his dark brown eyes.

Then I turned my back and walked away.

"You won't dance with me?" he said that loud enough to grab everyone's attention. And the music was turned off; I felt like he did that on purpose...of course he did.

"I think my answer was clear" I said glancing back as I continued to walk.

"Why are you afraid you won't keep up?" he said as he said that everyone 'Ohh'-Ed.

I stopped, still giving him my back.

"I promise to go easy on you" I felt him smiling.

Oh no, he didn't.

"Turn up the music" I turned back and everyone cheered.

He want to play this way, it was fine with me.

I took off my jacket and music starts to play. Everyone started moving aside leaving the two of us in a circle, he started doing simple moving like he was going easy on me, moving his body with the rhythm of the music.

He was really good, that made me nervous since I was no good as he was.

He danced my away and moving his body, I smiled.

I stared walking his way as he walked backwards, I pushed him away.

Then I began, I stared moving my hips and did moves from "Step up" which made the whole crowd go "ohhh" which boosted off my confidence, I felt his eyes on me as he sat back watching. I was pretty sure I shocked him, I wasn't the best dancer but I could bust some moves.

Then I danced his way pulling him up and I could see shock in his eyes and we started dancing, I slowly moved my body making my back facing his body as I swayed with the music rhythm. I could feel his hands slowly sliding against my waist as the moved and his hot breath on my neck.

I slowly move my body to the front making our bodies face. I arched my body back and forth then I pushed his against a wall, he was completely shocked like... mouth open shock.

I started moving my body against his which I can bet you made him nervous. He looked at me then I leaned close enough that I was inches away from his lips, I tricked him making him think that I was about to kiss him and he fell for it and leaned closer I quickly moved and the crowd ohh-ed, I was in center by myself and then Evan quickly joined me holding my waist as I swayed and then I took quick look in his eyes which was filled with sexiness and he smirked. The music ended and the crowd cheered insanely, I and Evan were both staring at each other. He smiled letting go of my waist then the crowd rushed to the dance floor.

I lost Evan; I walked away to the back door I felt like I needed some air.

For minute I felt guilty, I don't know why. Images of Dakota were flashing in my head; I felt tears filling my eyes.

"I underestimated you, Avery" I heard someone says

I instantly looked back.

It was Joey.

"Well, you indeed did" I said smiling trying to hide my tears.

"I really didn't expect you to be dancer" he said with his hands in his pockets.

He was wearing a plain white shirt with a leather jacket and black trouser. His hair was like the usual.

"Hey! I might not be a book worm doesn't mean I don't know some moves."

He smiled approaching to me, "Some moves? Really? That's like professional dancer what I saw. You practice or something?" he asked leaning on the wall.

"Not really, I memorize moves quickly." I said walking to him.

We stayed silent for second, he glanced at my face.

"You okay?" he asked, I was sure he saw my tears.

"Yes, can give me ride home?" I asked without making an eye contact.

"Sure, but your friends-" he said but I quickly cut him off.

"They'll understand" I quickly answered.

He looked at me then cracked a smile, "Another motorbike ride?"

"Two in a day, I guess I'm lucky" I smiled back.

I wore the helmet tucking my hair in, Joey was already set. I sat at that back wrapping my hands on his waist, "you sure wanna go home?" he asked like he knew I was still upset.

"No" I answered truthfully.

"Where you wanna go?" he asked glancing at me this time.

"Anywhere"

"Anywhere it is" he said starting the engine; that was a start of a long night.

He drove to a small creek, it was very beautiful.

"This is beautiful" I said looking around so amazed by the beauty of nature.

"I know I come here all the time" he said then let out a sigh.

I sat down and he joined me, "it's just so beautiful that makes you...smile" he said with his face filled with seriousness.

I looked at him, "what's your story?" I asked out of the blue.

"Well, Guess?" he said and I saw a smirk growing on his face.

"Umm....A broken...heart made you move from your neighborhood because you couldn't bear to see her every day." He chuckled as I said that.

"Couldn't you come up with something better?" he teased and stuck out my tongue at him.

"Well what is your reason of moving two blocks away from your home?" I asked looking at him waiting for an answer.

"Dad wanted a smaller house since our old was big and needed to be fixed every two second so dad searched for small cozy home near this area" he said in a really convincing way.

"Well that's boring, I thought there will be a 'love story' behind it" I said sarcastically, he rolled his eyes and said

"You do look like the girl that would sit in her room watch sad romantic movies...ummm...what they call it...helplessly romantic teenager" he glances at me once he said that.

"I'm not! I'm not in to this kinda things...soul mates...Meant to be...Sounds so unreal to me" I said then started throwing rocks at the creek.

"You don't believe in soul mates?" I shook my head as a reply.

"You don't believe that there is a person who is meant for you?" he was still stunned.

"Well, I told you I wasn't in to these things" I said smoothing my hair.

He stared at me in complete shock.

"What don't tell me now you do believe?" I said looking at him almost laughing.

"Yeah, I do believe that there is that one person made just for you" he said and I had bite my lips from laughing.

"Now aren't you a helplessly romantic?" I said and burst laughing; he looked at me and grinned.

"Not helplessly romantic, okay?" he said defensively.

"Whatever you say Romeo" I said laughing again.

He looked at me giving me a playful glare, "Oh then,

What do you believe in Ms.huston." he joked rising his eyebrows. I looked down and thought to myself... what do I believe in?

"That life is unfair." I said coldly.

"Yeah I believe in that too" his voice and mine shared the same pain.

We stayed silent when I know both of us baring our own pain.

I woke up late; since it was the weekend I didn't care.

I could hear someone talking more like gossiping, since my door was open I slowly crept outside, it was Chelsea and her cheerleading team.

"God! I am dying to know how the party was?" a girl said.

"Ray stop acting desperate okay? It's not like Baker came up with something new." Chelsea said with a bit of anger in her voice. I could tell that she was dying to go but little did she know her sister was invited.

"Chles, it was in freaking club. A CLUB!!" another girl said.

"Yeah I know I think I get that but come on we will come up with something better, just let start practicing okay?" Chelsea said. Man they had no idea what they missed in fact not in their freaking dreams they could ever and I say ever top this kinda party

I washed my voice, dressed up and started doing my homework. I knew it was a Saturday night but I did have lot homework. I was little concern since Jay nor Shyann haven't called me, when I was searching for my phone it wasn't there. I lost my phone, great. I called Jay from my house line, "WHAT THE FUCK AVERY, WHERE WERE YOU?? We have been crazy worried, we called over hundred times." He said as soon as I called.

"Hello to you too Jay" I said sarcastically.

"You scared the shit out of me, and my god Evan was looking all over for you he technically asked everyone in the party. You were like some kinda Cinderella" he said and I laughed.

"Some said they saw you leaving with Joey and -" I quickly cut him off.

"I felt dizzy and I wanted to go home, I saw Joey he gave me a lift. I didn't call because I lost my phone." I said calmly so he could cool.

"Don't ever do such thing to us, I almost called the cops." he said, I felt bad since I made him feel worried all night.

"So where is Shyann?" I asked to change the subject.

"She is still sleeping, Danny asked her out and she couldn't stop talking about it all night" he said, I was happy for Shyann since Danny seemed like a good guy.

"Aww that's really great" I said happily.

"I know, so yesterday you went wild."

I knew he would open that up.

"I got go"

"NO-" I quickly hung up.

I stayed up doing my homework while hearing Chelsea and her friends cheering.

"HOLY SHIT" one of the girls squeaked.

"What?" Chelsea asked.

"It's a fancy ride, it must be someone from FILCKSON" the same girl cried again. I heard their footsteps racing to the window.

"His pulling over to your house" Emma cried.

"He's getting out of the car" another voice squirmed

"OMG! It's..."

"Evan baker" Chelsea cried this time.

HOLY SHIT! I cried too.

"What does he want? Do you know him Chelsea-he's going to the front door" Emma yelled.

"Well I met him in couple of parties" Chelsea yelled back.

"What if he is gonna invite to his party?" squeaking girl said.

Ding dong.

The door bell rang, the girl's footsteps ran standing near the stairs to peak downstairs and I followed.

Beatrice walked opening the door, "hi" she greeted.

He smiled, "Hi" he greeted back.

"Who are you looking for?" Beatrice asked.

"I'm looking for Avery, is she here?" he said

My heart stopped.

They girls gasped.

"AVERY?" they all whispered loudly.

"Me?" I said loudly, they glanced back at me.

"Avery, there is a guy wanting to see you downstairs" Beatrice called out.

I walked shakily on the stairs feeling all eyes on me even Chelsea's.

Beatrice crept to me and whispered, "He's cute" I blushed and she laughed.

"Hey" he greeted.

"Hi" I greeted back

"Wanna go for a walk?" he asked and I nodded.

"You were amazing yesterday" he said walking with his hands in his pockets.

"I kept up after all" I teased and he laughed.

"Yeah I kinda underestimated you" when he said that he reminded me of Joey.

"You did" I said.

"Where were you? You suddenly disappeared."

"I felt dizzy and I went home" I answered quickly.

"Yeah because you kinda lost this" he said handing me my phone.

"Oh thank god I thought I lost it" I said opening it and I found hundred miss calls from Shyann and jay.

"Is that's the only reason you are here?" I asked rising my eyebrow.

"No, I'm here to tell you that I really want you to go out with me" he said that and my heart raced.

He wants to go out with me?

Evan baker wants to go out with me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 187 14
Ella, moves to a new town, and starts new. Just when she thought life couldn't get any better, tragedy strikes.
1K 3 30
Dylin lives behind her brothers shadow struggling to find her way. Will meeting new people be better for her.? Will she survive the tragic events th...
2.9M 66.2K 34
Ashton Heart didn't have an easy life. She was bullied every day because of her weight, her looks and worst of all, her father. She's bullied by the...
5.3K 196 31
Ally was just a normal girl, that is, before everything changed. It started soon after her eighteenth birthday. She got a call from her nephew, who s...