Three Weeks [COMPLETED]

By joymoment

"I'm soooo in love with this story!" - Seagull88 "Do the rumors intimidate you?" Edison asked. Kit chuckled. ... More

Now that's a cast!
Gosh dang it! Author is passing notes again!?
Chapter 1 - "The girls weren't lying about you."
Chapter 3 - "Someone said you were a teenage bride."
Chapter 4 - "Am I going to regret this?"
Chapter 5 - "You think I'm hot?"
Chapter 6 - "Sassy and hot. I like it."
Chapter 7 - "You're jealous."
Chapter 8 - "Two words that can make any girl fall in love."
Chapter 9 - "I was born ready."
Chapter 10 - "Who are you, Kit St James?"
Chapter 11 - "It's all about the booty."
Chapter 12 - "Abort, abort!"
Chapter 13 - "Did I distract you?"
Chapter 14 - "You're not that important Reigns."
Chapter 15 - "Adventure is brewing!"
Chapter 16 - "Where have you been all my life?"
Chapter 17 - "You know where to find me."
Chapter 18 - "Don't worry, I don't scare easily."
Chapter 19 - "What if the girl is you?"
Chapter 20 - "Seriously, I don't deserve you."
Chapter 21 - "My place?"
Chapter 22 - "Only the special ones."
Chapter 23 - "Don't fall asleep on me St James."
Chapter 24 - "I just miss them."
Chapter 25 - "Kittery Maine! Wake up! Wake up!"
Chapter 26 - "You can't chicken out."
Chapter 27 - "There's a first time for everything."
Chapter 28 - "Hey Farewell? Really?"
Chapter 29 - "But you didn't answer my question."
Chapter 30 - "Don't punch me."
Chapter 31 - "I don't want it to end."
Chapter 32 - "Don't touch her!"
Chapter 33 - "That's it! I've had enough!"
Chapter 34 - "I deserve answers."
Chapter 35 - "What is going on?"
Chapter 36 - "Moving on, I'm thinking a winter wedding."
Chapter 37 - "I just wanted you to myself."
Epilogue
Give me a second!
Alternative Epilogue
Last Moments
A cover gallery!!

Chapter 2 - "I thank thee oh cousin of mine."

56.8K 3K 2.3K
By joymoment

Kit rapped on the front door and kept up a steady beat as she waited for an answer.

"I hear you. I'm coming!" an annoyed voice shouted. "Seriously, I'm going to kill..." The tall guy with messy hair stopped mid sentence when he opened the door.

"I should have known it was you," he said. He walked away, leaving the door open.

"Jaxon! Dearest cousin! It's a beautiful morning. How can you be so glum?" Kit sang. She shut the door behind her and followed him into the kitchen.

"It's four in the afternoon," he said.

"But I just got up."

"Here's a new revelation, time doesn't revolve around your sleeping schedule," he said.

"Interesting," Kit said. "I guess you learn something new every day."

"You're welcome."

"I thank thee oh cousin of mine."

He gave her an odd look before returning to his half eaten sandwich.

"So, what's the plan for tonight?" she asked, hopping up on the counter.

"I hadn't really thought further then this sandwich," Jaxon said.

"I heard there's a party," she said.

"There is."

"So, let's go."

"We could, if you hadn't pushed the host in the pool last night." He gave her a serious look. "Seriously Kit, what were you thinking? You can't just go around pushing people into pools."

"But you know how I feel about Amanda's," she said.

"I'm serious." He pointed an accusatory finger at her. "You've only been here for two days and already the whole town knows who you are."

"Is that such a bad thing?"

"It is when the stories involve you pushing Amanda Gleason. She's the town's princess. She's led the Fourth of July parade for the last four years.

"What? Seriously?" she asked pretending to be horrorified. "Why didn't anyone tell me?" She jumped off the counter and began to pace. "I mean, pushing someone in a pool isn't that bad but the leader of the Fourth of July parade! Do you think they'll arrest me?" There was a playful gleam in her eye.

Jaxon gave her a flat look.

"You can't even call it a push," she argued. "Have you seen my muscles? No! Because I don't have any. It was more of a love tap."

He snorted. "There was no love involved," he said.

"It was barely a tap."

"Why did you even do it? The last time I checked, Amanda wasn't that mean."

"Last time I checked, you're a male."

"And? What does that have to do with it?"

"Did I also mention a good looking male?"

"Amanda has friends that are girls."

"Good for her."

"Kit, I think you overreacted."

She raised her eyebrows in surprise. "Please, Amanda decided to voice her opinion about my flirting. I decided to voice my opinion with a push. It seemed more direct. Besides, she pushed me first."

"Did she really?" Jaxon asked.

She gave a careless shrug. "I should really thank her," she said. "Now I can cross 'push someone into a pool' off my bucket list."

He laughed. "You were always good at bouncing back," he said.

"Why thank you." She gave a small bow. "Now, onto more important topics. What are we doing tonight?"

"Well, the party is out," he said.

"Why?"

"Because, it's at Amanda's house."

"So?"

He gave her a concerned look. "What do you think Amanda's going to do when you ring her doorbell?"

"I won't be the one doing the ringing," Kit said. "You will. Then, you can charm her with your dashing good looks and I'll sneak in."

"What will you do when she finds out you're at her party?" Jaxon asked.

"She'll never know. I'll blend in with the crowd."

"That's not going to work."

******************

"This isn't going to work," Jaxon repeated twenty minutes later as he stood outside Amanda Gleason's house.

"Yes it will. Just stick to the plan," Kit hissed. She was out of view, behind a bush by the front door.

"I'm not doing this," he protested.

As he turned to leave, Kit popped out of her hiding spot and rang the doorbell. "Oops! Too late." She quickly sank behind the bushes again.

"Kit," he hissed.

He quickly turned back to the door as it opened. Kit sank lower as Amanda came into view.

"Jaxon! I'm so glad you came," Amanda said.

"Thanks for the invite," he said.

His boyish smile brought an affectionate twinkle to Amanda's eyes.

"Come on in. Can I get you a drink?" she asked.

Kit held her breath, ready to move quickly. All Jaxon had to do was get Amanda to step out of the house and distract her long enough for Kit to slip inside. She watched as Jaxon gave the bush she was hiding behind a quick glance.

"I'd love a drink," he said. "Lead the way."

Kit bit back an annoyed cry as he disappeared into the house. Moving from her hiding spot, she ducked as she walked along the front windows until she reached where the house ended and a high wooden fence began.

Walking along it, her eyes searched for a notch she could fit her foot into. Finding a small divot, she began to climb. At the top, with one leg on either side of the fence, someone coughed behind her and she froze. Composing herself, she smiled and turned. Edison was a few feet away, giving her a curious look.

"Edison, fancy running into you here," she said. She tried to strike a casual pose.

"What are you doing?" he asked

She gave him a confused look. "There's a party going on," she said, pointing to the house.

"And you want to make an entrance by climbing over the fence?" he guessed.

"Using the front door is so last year," she said. She adjusted her pose as her left leg began to go numb.

"And this entrance has nothing to do with you pushing the host into the pool."

She suppressed a smile. "That is also a possible reason."

"Or maybe you are just desperate to get to me," he said.

"I didn't even know you were going to be here."

He smirked. "Sure, we can pretend I believe you." He studied her for a moment. "While watching you struggle is cute and all, how about I help you out."

"I'm listening," she said.

"I can get you into the party. And my way doesn't involve a fence."

Kit studied him for a minute. "Are you being kind or do you just want the benefit of showing up with the new girl?"

He guffawed. "You would be the one benefiting from showing up with me," he argued. "Plus, we show up together, play it coy and everyone will be talking about us for a week."

Kit debated the offer for a moment before she jumped down. "Lead the way," she said.

Edison offered her his hand and led her back to the front door, opening it like it was his house. The party spilled into the large entryway and music pulsed through the air. He shut the door and the noise drew people's attention to them. Kit felt something tickle her ear and flinched. She turned and found Edison leaning into her, his lips an inch from her ear.

"You look beautiful," he whispered.

She pulled back, her face inches from his.

"I know," she said. "I'll see you around."

She took a step away but he pulled her back.

"You already made the first move showing up at my house," he said. "Playing hard to get now, is pointless."

She pulled her arm free. "I didn't come here for you," she said. "Do you really think I made my decision based on you?"

He gave a cocky grin. She leaned in close.

"Let me change that," she said. She gave him a playful slap on the cheek before walking away.

Stepping out of the entryway, Kit quickly got swallowed up by the crowd. She moved with it and got carried outside. People were in the pool and hot tub, gathered around a fire pit and a table with coolers. She was heading in the direction of the drinks when a guy stepped in her way.

"Let me get you a drink," he offered. He had classic good looks with even features and good hair.

"Why not?" she said. "You're Drew, right?"

"I am. And you need no introduction," he said, leading the way to the coolers.

She grinned.

"I have to say, I am surprised you're here," Drew said. "Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled you are." He gave her a wink. "But after last night..."

"You didn't think Amanda and I were on speaking terms," she finished for him.

He chuckled.

"I'll let you in on a little secret," she said. She motioned for him to lean closer. "She doesn't know I'm here," she whispered in his ear.

He pulled back with a smile. "Risky. I like it."

"Can I trust you to keep my secret?" she asked playfully.

"I will, for a price," he said.

"I'm listening."

"Come be my cheerleader while I play pool with my friend," he said.

"I have an even better idea," she said. "Let's cut your friend out of the picture. I'll play you."

He gave a hesitant smile. "But how am I supposed to show off for you when I have to let you win," he said.

"Don't hold back. Show me what you got."

"But a gentleman always lets the lady win."

"I'm not interested in playing with a gentleman," she said. "If that's a problem, I can find someone else."

He shook his head. "You're pinning me in a corner," he said with a nervous laugh.

"Let's make a deal," she said. "You promise to play to the best of your ability and I'll promise not to be a sore loser. Deal?"

She offered him her hand. He shook it. "Deal."

Drew led her back inside. Curious eyes followed them as they passed the kitchen, dance floor and ended up in a large rec room. The volume was loud as a boisterous crowd was gathered on a few couches on one side of the room and an audience watched two guys play pool on the other.

"Drew, there you are," a guy said, cutting through the crowd towards them. "I called the next game. Are you ready to lose?"

"Tommy, have you met Kit?" Drew asked.

Tommy's eyes widened as they landed on Kit. He gave her a tight lipped smile then looked back to Drew.

Drew gave him a smug smile. "She's with me," he boasted. "And she wants to play. Do you mind if we take the next game?"

Tommy gave Kit a surprised smile and hesitated in answering.

"If you don't mind, I'd really like to play," she said. "Why don't you play winner?"

"Yeah. We can play after," Drew chimed in.

Kit didn't miss the implication. "Or you can play me," she added. "Whoever wins."

The boys exchanged cocky smirks.

"Fine," Tommy said. "We'll play after."

Kit bit back the response that came to mind. Winning would be louder then any thing she could yell.

She felt Tommy staring at her and she looked at him, holding his gaze until he began to squirm. He dropped her gaze. "Do you know whose party this is?" he asked.

She followed his train of thought. "Amanda doesn't know I'm here," she answered, skipping ahead a few questions.

"Oh, you know Amanda?" he asked dumbly.

"Yeah, I pushed her in the pool last night. I thought you were there."

Tommy shifted nervously and Kit grinned. Before she could make Tommy any more uncomfortable, someone grabbed her around the arm and pulled her out of the room.

"What the heck?" she said.

Once she regained her balance, she pulled her arm free and rounded on the person. "Jaxon, what was that for?" she asked.

"What do you think you're doing?" he asked. His raised voice caught people's attention and he dragged her down a hallway. She stopped him halfway down.

"Seriously Kit, what are you doing?" he said.

"I was about to play some pool before you rudely pulled me away," she said casually.

"How did you get in?"

"Edison."

A new level of panic set into Jaxon's face. "Seriously? This is worse than I thought. Edison is Amanda's ex."

"I know," she said calmly. "He told me last night."

"What do you mean?"

"We went for waffles," she clarified. 

Jaxon frowned. "How's that possible? I dropped you off at your house after the party?"

"And then I left my house," she said slowly, as if explaining something complex. "By way of moped. Its a motorized bike, with two wheels. It has an engine, and it goes 'vroom'"

"I know what it is," he snapped. "How did you end up with Eddie?"

"I wanted Waffles," she said with a shrug.

He shook his head in disbelief. "Go home. You shouldn't even be here," he said "I shouldn't have let you talk me into bringing you. Amanda will be so mad if she finds out..."

"Calm down. She'll never know," she said. 

"Why? Because you're keeping such a low profile by showing up with Edison?" he hissed. He let out a frustrated groan. "Kit, you do things I don't understand."

"You're right. You don't understand," she snapped back at him.

He let out a defeated sigh.

"Is there anything else you want to berate me about or can I go?" she asked.

"Kit, I don't want to micromanage you..."

"Then don't." She smiled at him. "Jax, I know what I'm doing. Trust me."

He looked reluctant but gave a small nod.

"Now, if you'll excuse me," she said. "I have a game of pool I need to win."

The crowd in the rec room had doubled by the time Kit returned. She pushed her way through the crowd and found someone setting up the next game. She looked around for Drew or Tommy but stopped when someone offered her a pool cue.

"Looking for this?" Edison asked.

She took the stick. "Have you seen Drew?" she asked. "We're playing this next game."

"He said something about a girl and left," Edison said. "I guess you'll have to play me."

She gave him a suspicious look. "Why don't I believe you?"

He gave an innocent shrug. "Do you see Drew?" he asked, looking around. "If he isn't here, he can't play. So what do you say?"

She shrugged. "You can start."

She stepped aside and let Edison take the first shot. He split the triangle of balls perfectly, sending them in every direction.

"I didn't know you knew how to play pool," he said, as he stepped back.

"There's a lot you don't know about me," she said. She stepped up to the table and leaned forward, taking her first shot. The hit was precise and sent a ball into a pocket. She turned and gave Edison a cocky smirk.

"Lucky shot," he said.

She quickly took three more shots, each one sending a ball into a pocket.

"Lucky shots," she repeated.

When she missed the next shot, he lazily stepped up to the table. Barely aiming, he shot one into a corner pocket. It was a quick game, both players evenly matched in skill and determination. Kit won and Edison demanded another game. She won again, and a third game began. By the time there was only one ball left per player, a crowd had gathered around the table. When Kit hit the last ball in, the crowd cheered.

She left her pool cue on the table and sauntered towards him. "Want to play again?" she asked.

He pinched his lips, swallowing the sore taste of defeat.

"Is that a no?" she playfully asked.

"Kit, there you are," Drew said, pushing through the crowd. "I've been looking everywhere for you. Eddie said you left to get a drink."

She looked at Edison. "Did he now?"

"She's all yours," Edison grumbled before stalking off.

"Wanna play a round?" she asked Drew, pointing to the pool table.

"No thanks. I just watched you destroy Eddie."

"Fair enough."

"How about that drink?" he asked.

"That would be splendid."

Drew led the way back outside. The sun had finally set and tiki torches lit the night. Kit did her best to stay anonymous but the moment she and Drew found a spot to occupy, a group gathered around them. Drew seemed thrilled to be the center of attention with her by his side and kept up a raucous conversation. Kit half listened, using her vantage point to observe Edison.

He was constantly accompanied by a revolving door of pretty girls. He lapped up the attention, his manner growing more cocksure the more girls surrounded him. She was gratified to find his eyes jump to her often, curiosity burning in them. She met them with a coy smile before turning her attention back to Drew.

"Kit, you'll have to come to my Fourth of July party," Drew said.

"It's the most epic party of the summer," Tommy said.

"If I don't have anything better to do I'll have to drop by,"she said.

"We have the best firework show on the lake," Drew boasted. "The party's always at my lake house."

"Dude, are we still on for taking out your boat tomorrow?" Tommy asked.

"Definitely. Kit you should join," Drew said. "Some friends are coming out to my lake house tomorrow. We're gonna take my speed boat out on the lake."

"Sounds like fun," she said distractedly.

"So you'll come?"

"We'll see," she said with a shrug.

"Want another drink?" he asked.

"I'll get it," she said. "Does anyone want anything?" She took orders and gratefully broke away from the group. She made her way to the coolers, antsy to do something.

Edison appeared out of nowhere. "Has Drew invited you to his lake house yet?"

"How'd you know?" she asked. She kept walking and let Edison tag-along on her way to the drinks.

"It's his only move," he said. "He gets girls out to his lake house and tries to impress them with his speedboat."

"It sounded pretty impressive to me," she said.

"Don't tell me you're going?"

"Why wouldn't I?"

"Drew's a tool."

"I thought you guys were friends?"

"We are. It doesn't make him any less of a tool," he said.

"Wanna know what I think?" she asked.

She stopped walking and turned to face Edison. He was closer then she had expected.

"What?" he asked.

"I think you're jealous," she said.

He snorted in surprise. "Me? Jealous?" he laughed. "I know you've been watching me so you know I'm not wanting for pretty girls."

She smirked. "Too bad the only girl you seem to pay any attention to just got invited to Drew's lake house."

"You think I want you?" he asked. He gave a sardonic laugh. "Please."

"Then why are you here, trying to convince me that Drew's a tool?" She smiled when he didn't have a response.

"Do you need help with the drinks?" Drew asked, joining them by the coolers. He threw Edison a threatening look.

"Sure," Kit said.

He grabbed a few beers. "See ya later Eddie," he said, pulling her away.

She threw Edison a taunting smile as she left but she missed his company once she was back in the group with Drew. She found their conversation dull and she began to get antsy. Drew must have sensed her waning interest and pulled her onto the dance floor.

The night was still warm from the summer day and with all the bodies close together, Kit's skin quickly became sticky with sweat. She pulled away, trying to cool down when she came face to face with Amanda Gleason. She froze.

Amanda's expression quickly switched from shock to anger. Their two motionless bodies in the center of the dance floor brought the dancing and the music to a halt.

"Hi Amanda," Kit said. "Great party."

"How did you get in?" Amanda asked through gritted teeth.

"The front door," Kit said. A few people, in the crowd that had gathered around them, laughed.

"Who do you think you are? How dare you show up at my house, after..." Amanda shouted.

Someone grabbed Kit's hand and she turned to find Edison. "Wanna get out of here?" he asked.

She smiled. "I thought you'd never ask."

**********************************************************************

Hello beautiful!

So I have to tell you, I'm in love with my next door neighbor. And I know what you're thinking, but it's not a hot guy who mows the lawn shirtless (🤤). NOPE! It's a sixty year old, married Portuguese guy who clears away the snow from our driveway. And yup it's love! He's pretty much grandpa goals! He walks his granddaughter to the mail box, it's so flippin cute! 🙈

Also my sister and I often wonder if he used to be a spy or bodyguard for a famous politician because he is seriously that awesome!

Tell me of your loves!

Vote for good looking guys! Comment on all attractive guys! Follow hot guys! (But at a reasonable distance and not with binoculars because that's technically called stalking)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 98K 37
"The book's amazing!!!" - cutechickhere What if you could take cruise with your favorite celebrity? Knox Hamilton, world famous singer, signed up for...
1.3M 72K 42
[2022 WATTPAD BOOKS AWARD & WATTY WINNER: GETTING PUBLISHED 2025] There's a boy at Evergreen High that has a different girlfriend every two weeks, a...
19.6K 830 36
-------Winter 2017------ Cover by Ellipticall*** Evelyn Williams just wants to be a lawyer. She doesn't know what "kind" yet - but she will be a la...
205K 11.7K 51
Yet again Darkness is hungry for a war to end it all, but Light will always have troops at the ready. One girl. One kingdom. Eleven friends. Four Ele...