Life of an Accidental Superst...

By TheLittleBookMonster

Aileen Brooks was an ordinary girl, preparing to get out into the big bad world after her last year at high s... More

Prologue
Chapter 1-Running, Running, Runner
Chapter 2- Heartrob Mr Danny Thomas
Chapter 4- First Day On The Job
Chapter 5-Just Danny
Chapter 6- Whats My Name!
Chapter 7- We Just Stole A Golf Cart
Chapter 8- Crash Course In Hollywood
Chapter 9- Partying Hard
Chapter 10- Truth or Dare
Chapter 11-Kiss Cam
Chapter 12-Gold
Chapter 13- Sunny Days and Starry Nights
Chapter 14- If We Were A Movie
Chapter 15- Diva
Chapter 16- Everything is Right in the World
Chapter 17- Aftermath of Hollywood
Chapter 18- Read All About It
Chapter 19 - Dancing in the Rain
Chapter 20- Just Friends
Chapter 21 - Making Up
Chapter 22- Dumb
Chapter 23 - Magic
Chapter 24 - Happy Birthday
My Life as the Accidental Superstar

Chapter 3- The Red Carpet

11.6K 369 45
By TheLittleBookMonster

Chapter 3

Okay, I had to admit, even I was now excited. Just the fact that I was meeting someone famous was getting me excited. We were going to a red carpet event, so we would probably see a whole bunch of celebrities. Kirsty and I definitely got dressed up for this once in a lifetime event. Kirsty was wearing a purple knee length dress with red heels to match whereas I was wearing a white maxi dress with black flowers printed at the bottom of the dress. Kirsty styled her hair to be curly whilst mine was straightened. We really were opposites.

As soon as we stepped out of the taxi there were thousands of screaming girls everywhere, I couldn't even hear myself think. It felt like my ear drums were about to burst. There were people on the red carpet all dressed up in suits and dresses, lots of cameras everywhere; it was like a sea full of flashing cameras. There was a light breeze of wind which was good as it made sure that it was not too stuffy when standing with the other fans.

We were directed to stand behind the rope where we would be standing to see the celebrities. Lots of screaming fans were surrounding us, all probably waiting to catch a glimpse of Danny, just like Kirsty was. She decided to join in with the screaming as well which did not help my ear situation seeing as she was standing right beside me.

“Danny isn't even here yet so you don’t need to scream." I screamed at Kirstin. It was really difficult to talk or listen so I hoped she heard me. As soon as I said Danny’s name some girls screamed even louder causing me to flinch and back away from them. All though there was hardly any room to move so backing way just caused me to go nearer to more screaming girls. Well I know at least the girls heard me.

"Oh my god! Where!" some of them screamed. Note to self- do not mention Danny’s name, especially in front of a million screaming fans. I don't think I’m too excited to see how it goes when Danny does actually arrive.

There were cameras everywhere, flashing lights from the cameras, celebrities walking on the carpet, and most importantly the screaming fans. It was definitely a proper glamorous red carpet event.

Some people were even interviewing the fans behind the red carpet. When the camera came to our side of the carpet Kirstin and I looked at each other with a sly smirk on our faces before we turned our faces to the camera and screamed as loud as we could. I might as well have some fun while I was here. The presenter seemed to notice our rather loud ear piercing screams as he looked at us for a second before turning  round to face the camera saying "looks like we have a couple of huge fans here"

Kirsty squealed and dragged me to nearer the front where the presenter was. “So are you girls excited about seeing Danny Thomson?” the presenter asked. He was a well known presenter, I recognised him from presenting a few television shows. Everyone I knew really loves him, he was a really good presenter and wasn’t that bad looking either.

“Hell yeah” Kirsty screamed immediately. I just looked at her and laughed, so did the presenter. Lots of other girls were now crowding round us trying to get the presenters attention or trying to get into the camera shot.

“And what about you?” he now asked me, probably seeing that I did not have the same reaction as Kirsten. “Are you excited to see Danny?”

“Yeah, I guess” I shrug. I had to shout as I couldn’t even hear myself talk because of all the noise. “But I’m more excited to meet Emma Watson. I hear she’s going to be here tonight” I say excitedly. I love the Harry Potter movies and knowing that she might be here was rather exciting.

“So not a big fan of Danny huh?” he questioned.

“Well, I wouldn’t say that. I mean he is a good actor and everything but, I don’t know. I guess it’s because I hear Kirsty” I turn to give Kirsty an accusing glare “talk about him everyday” I say dramatically.

“Hey, it’s not like everyday” Kirsty protests.

“Yeah it is” I joke. The presenter gives a small chuckle and before leaving to interview the next bunch of screaming girls he says “Thanks girls. Enjoy the rest of the day”.

Kirsty grabs hold of my arm and look at me with wide eyes.

“What’s wrong?” I ask her worryingly.

“Aileen...”

“Yeah” I say slowly with my eyebrows furrowed not getting rather worried.

“Do you realise that we are going to be on television” she says in a zombie like state.  I breathe a sigh of relief as it was nothing to worry about and laugh at the shocked expression on her face. Then it was my turn to pause and look at her with wide eyes before I screamed “oh my god, were going to be on TV”

“I know” Kirsty screamed back and we both jumped up and down on the spot waving our hands about looking like idiots.

As I was jumping I didn’t realise that I was jumping backwards until I hit someone. They turned around and shouted “watch where you’re going”. She was a tall girl, who towered over me with her nostrils flaring. She had piercings on her eyebrow, on her lip and several on her ears. Her skin was quite pale and she wore black lipstick, which in my mind made her look like some sort of scary vampire. She was wearing lots of black with chains on her trousers to create a goth look which made her even more intimidating. I would have never thought that a person like that would be a fan of Danny.

“Sorry” I say quietly and back away from her to go back to my original spot with Kirsty. She was still jumping up and down like a fool screaming “were going to be on TV, were going to be on TV”. I shake my head in amusement and decide to join in with her screaming and jumping.

The screaming got louder all of a sudden and a deafening scream came from beside me. Surprisingly it was not coming from Kirsty. I turn around to see it was actually coming from the goth girl I had bumped into earlier. She had her hands up in the air screaming “Danny, Danny”. Wow, some people can surprise you. She was definitely not someone who I would have thought to be a fan of Danny’s.

Wait, why was she screaming Danny’s name? That could only mean one thing.

“Danny’s here” Kirsty screamed in my ear, confirming my suspicions. I turned around to see a guy stepping out of a limo and as soon as he set foot onto the carpet screams erupted from around me, I could barely hear anything else.

He came out wearing a white shirt with a green tie which complemented his green eyes. On top of his shirt was a black leather jacket which went well with his black hair. He was walking along the carpet waving, greeting fans, signing autographs, taking pictures and smiling at everybody as he was doing this. I must admit that I do admire him for being able to cope with all the screaming fans -which were now probably making me deaf as the screams were quite high pitched, the fans were absolutely crazy, I couldn’t even hear what Kirstin was saying to me as she tried talking to me- all with a smile at the same time. It seems like he really does love his fans as it looked like a genuine smile. Maybe I was wrong about him all this time and maybe he does not have a big ego or whatever I used to think of him before. It looks like he really does love what he does. I didn't really know much about Danny except that he had just turned 20,was the biggest film star in the world and had won several awards. I got all of this from Kirsty and most of the time I don't even listen to her when she mentions Danny's name so I'm surprised that I remebered all this.

Danny was coming our way and the screams from around us were getting immensely louder if that was possible. One thing I did notice that I liked about him was his smile. I now see why all girls fell for him, he had that million dollar smile which probably made all the girls hearts melt- and scream like maniacs.

I was too engrossed staring at his smile that I didn’t realise a crazy fan was making their way towards the front to where Kirsty and I were. Before I knew it I was falling forward. The whole scene played out in slow motion in front of me. The rope that was supposed to keep the fans separated from the carpet fell to the ground and I tripped over it as someone from behind me pushed me forward. At that exact moment Danny had just come over and without even thinking I grabbed onto Danny’s shoulders making us both fall to the ground. I closed my eyes tightly waiting to feel the impact of the ground.

But nothing. I slowly opened my eyes to find I am staring right into the eyes of Danny. It seemed as though I had fallen on top of him, he broke my fall. I stare at him for those few seconds, I just forget everything that had just happened and get lost in his eyes. Those piercing deep green eyes of his that I am now starting to secretly admire.

It had felt like someone had pressed pause on the world. Danny looked back at me with the same expression, I couldn’t hear anything else or see anything, it was just Danny, everything was going in slow motion behind us, figures all just a blur passing us by; just before someone hit the play button and suddenly everything was back to normal.

His eyes narrowed slits into mine, his eyebrows scrunched in anger as he pushed me off. I instantly got up and felt a sharp pain up in my left arm. Danny had already stormed off inside the cinema before I even had the chance to apologise. But I guess I was right about him and he was one of those celebrities with the big egos who thought only of himself rather than others. What was I thinking?

I didn’t know exactly what had happened but I turned around to see lots of security guards and police officers trying to control a group of girls who had managed to get onto the carpet. They must have gotten through when the rope had fallen.

One of the security guards approach me and said “are you okay Miss?” he must of saw what had happened and was trying to help.

“No, not really. My arm hurts a little” I reply as I touch my arm lightly and wince at the pain.

“Let’s get you to the hospital” and he escorted me away from the fiasco.

I followed him but turned around quickly and gasp when I realised something “but my friend...”

“I’m sorry miss” he turned me back around “but you have to leave now to make sure you’re alright”

“but-“

“I’m sorry” he cuts me off with his deep voice. I understood that he was only doing his job but I couldn’t leave Kirsty behind. Especially without telling her where I was going.

“Aileen” I hear someone faintly shout my name. I turned round and scanned the crowd to find the owner of the voice but nothing.

“Kirsty?” I screamed back, hoping that it was Kirsty that was calling my name. I see a figure running up towards me and a police officer right behind her, chasing her, but Kirsty was too fast for him.  

“Aileen” she pants, out of breath as soon as she catches up to me.

I catch a glimpse of the police officer running up behind her and before he could catch up to her I say “it’s okay, she’s with me. I’m just being taken to the hospital” The police officer stared at me and then stated intently back at Kirsty before giving a nod and walking away. I breathed a sigh of relief, glad that Kirsty did not get taken away. The police officer must have thought that she was one of the crazy fans trying to get to the red carpet when in fact she was just trying to get to me.

I continued walking down the deserted street with the security guard, with Kirsty now by my side. The hospital was not far from where the premier was, it was just a five minute walk. With the premier going on, the streets were quiet and empty. Everyone must have gone to the premier.

After moments of silence Kirsty screamed out “hospital! Why do you need to go to the hospital?” I must have forgotten to mention that little important detail to her.

“I hurt my arm when I fell so I’m being taken to the hospital just to make sure everything alright”

“Does it hurt? Oh my god, how much pain are you in? Oh I’m seriously going to get that girl who pushed-“Kirsty babbled on.

“I’m fine Kirsty” I cut her off. “I’m sure it’s not that bad, it only hurts a little” I laugh at how serious she is taking this because usually she is so laid back and relaxed.

She doesn’t reply back but instead continues to look straight ahead with her jaw clenched in anger. She was probably just angry at the crazy fan that had knocked me over and had caused me to hurt my arm. Then again, I would probably also be angry if anyone hurt Kirsty. She seriously didn’t have anything to worry about. It wasn’t like I was in that much pain.

Once we had arrived at the hospital I thanked the security guard, who I found out his name was Alex, and didn’t have to wait long for a doctor to see me, who took me into a small room and checked my arm over, said it was nothing to worry about as I had just sprained my wrist.

The doctor gave me a bag of ice to place on my wrist before leaving to get some bandage to wrap around the wrist. As soon as he left, Kirsty peeked her head through the door; she looked all around the room, seeing that there was no doctor in the room, before quickly making her way inside the room. She wasn’t allowed to be inside the room and had to wait outside. “How’s your arm?” she whispered. There was no smile on her face like there usually was. She looked really upset, almost guilty even.  

“Its fine, the doctor said that it was just sprained, that’s all”. Kirsty looked to the floor with her hands behind her back. I didn’t want her thinking that this was in any way her fault because it wasn’t. “I’m fine, seriously” I assure her. “It wasn’t your fault; it was one of Danny’s crazy fans that pushed me”

“Yeah, but I wished that I had punched her in the face” she mumbled.  I just laughed at her. She probably would have done that if she got the chance.

After a few seconds of silence, Kirsty looked back up with a change of expression. “Oh, I forgot to tell you something” she says with a sly smile forming on her face. She brought her hands out from behind her and waves my phone at me that was in her hand. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion at her.

She seemed to sense my confusion and continued smiling. “You dropped your phone on the carpet when you fell so I picked it up for you. It was ringing a couple of minutes ago so I picked it up.”

“Oh okay” I reply. “Who was it?”

“It was someone called Holly” a slow smile spreading across her face, as if she knew something I didn’t.

“Holly?” I question with my eyebrows furrowed. I didn’t think I knew anyone by the name of Holly. Kirsty just nodded, that sly grin still plastered on her face.

“HOLLY” I repeat a little louder in realisation of who she was dawned on me. “What did she say?” I say, getting anxious to know why she had called.

“That yoooouuuuuu .....” she dragged on, keeping me in suspense.

“Just tell me already”

“That you got the job” she screamed with her hands in the air and ran up to me to give me a hug, nearly knocking the wind out of me and making me drop the bag of ice that was in my hands.

“Ow” I say as I wince at the slight pain in my arm. She instantly backed away.

“Sorry” she said sheepishly”

“It's okay” I laughed it off. “I can’t believe I got the job” I screamed and gave her a side hug, making sure not to hurt my arm.

Once we had calmed ourselves down from the excitement we were still grinning like idiots before my expression turned serious. “I’m sorry about ruining your prize. I mean, we were supposed to go see the film and you were supposed to meet Dan-“I babbled on

“It’s okay” Kirsty cut me off. “We could always see the film when it comes out” She shrugged. “And as for Danny, well if it wasn’t for you then I wouldn’t have been to see Danny up close. I don’t think I could have gotten any closer. “She smiled. “But you” she pointed at me “got even closer”

I laugh and look to the ground in embarrassment at the reminder.

“I mean” she continued “how many girls can say that they were on top of Danny Thomson”

I snorted and started laughing hysterically at her little joke. If it wasn’t for my arm I would have probably been rolling on the floor laughing my head off. It was true though, not may girls could say that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Some of you may have noticed that this story is now on hold for a while. This is just until I finish my story Secrets & Spies for the Watty Awards. So if you would like to know when the latest updates are for this story, then fan me, that way making it easier to find out when the next update is)

Hope you enjoyed that. Let me know what you thought by commenting and voting please. Also,if i have made any mistakes please let me know. Thanks!

I also want to thank lilly-marie who voted for every chapter of this resulting in giving me my 100th vote and also was my 70th fan. So thank you! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

373K 15.7K 30
Peyton has had a rough go of things. A distant father, a drunk mother. The usual sort of sob story. When Peyton finds out that her dad is getting rem...
2.9K 101 50
Seventeen-year-old Gemma Parker is tired of always being the friend. The one he calls after he gets home from his dates at night, the one he confides...
65K 2.6K 37
แด…ษชแด แด‡ส€ษขแด‡ษดแด›; แด›แด‡ษดแด…ษชษดษข แด›แด ส™แด‡ แด…ษช๊œฐ๊œฐแด‡ส€แด‡ษดแด› แดส€ แด…แด‡แด แด‡สŸแดแด˜ ษชษด แด…ษช๊œฐ๊œฐแด‡ส€แด‡ษดแด› แด…ษชส€แด‡แด„แด›ษชแดษด๊œฑ.
64.6K 3K 10
Ann Moss thought she was fine with spending Christmas break completely alone, stuck at College. She knew it would be the loneliest break she'd ever h...