Sherlock Imagines and Prefere...

By Just_A_Sherlockian

Hi, reader! I'm glad you've stumbled upon my book. You will find plenty of Sherlock x Reader imagines in here... More

Greetings!
In The Moonlight
Anniversary Gift
You May Be Right
Keeping You A Secret
Slipped Away
Stay Home
Black and Grey
A Romantic Evening
Unconditionally
Karaoke Night
Eternal Sleep
Heartbreaker
Our Little Girl
Hold On
Hallucinations
Million Reasons
The Mystery Kid
Heaven Can Wait
As Well As It Could Be
#WriteYourHeartOut
An Old Flame
Forgiveness
The Page Boy
The Proposal Plan
The Proposal Plan [2]
Halloween Costumes
Unlike Others
For All Your Fluffy Needs
It Will Rain
Hurt Me If You're There
Wedding Cakes
The New Kid
Just To Let You Know...
Blind Date
Dance Teacher
The Last Day
Next To Me
A Christmas Case
Sherlock's Apprentice
Ridiculous Man
Make It Stop
Brother Mine
A Father and His Daughter
The Spying Detective
Taken
So This Is Love
Case Gone Wrong
Pretend Girlfriend
Wedding Guest
After Hours
Prom Night

Consulting Daddy

5.7K 204 180
By Just_A_Sherlockian

Hi, everyone! 

Just before this oneshot starts, I would like to announce that updates are going to be slow from now on. 

I feel really bad about not uploading often and for making people with requests wait so long, but I don't have much spare time. 

I'm so sorry, but I can't change that. I hope you understand and aren't too mad at me for it.

Requested by AmericanHero1918

<♥>

Week 3

Your eyes fluttered open, blinking against the sudden invasion of light. It took you a moment to process it, but within seconds, your eyes were blown wide and you rushed out of bed, heading to the bathroom. 

You fell onto your knees, directly in front of the toilet and vomited into the bowl, only just managing to get there in time. 

Your hectic awakening had lured Sherlock out of his sleep, as well and worried him well enough to run after you. As soon as he entered the bathroom and saw your weak form trembling and shaking as you threw up, he sat down on the edge of the bath, pulled your hair out of your face and gently massaged your back to make the nausea and accompanied pain as less as possible. 

When you finished, you nearly collapsed into the toilet bowl, but Sherlock was quick on his feet and hoisted you up, seating you in between his legs against the bath. 

You moaned softly and closed your eyes, leaning against him. 

''I'm calling you in sick for work,'' he whispered into your hair as he stroked it. 

''Meeting,'' you muttered, too out of it to form full sentences. 

''They can take care of it without you today, Love. You're ill and you're staying home.'' 

You nodded softly and allowed him to pick you up and take you back to bed. 

He got in next to you and held you in a tight embrace. ''Get some more sleep. I'll be here when you wake up.''

Over the course of the day, you felt a bit feverish but overall fine. You had vomited once or twice more, but you didn't have any other symptoms that indicated the flu. 

The majority of the day, you were in bed, letting Sherlock take care of your every need. He was very affectionate and worrisome and despite disliking the position you were in, you most certainly enjoyed his attention. 

By the end of that uncomfortable day, you felt perfectly fine and even went back to work the next morning. You suspected you had eaten some bad food resulting in an upset stomach and thanked Sherlock's care for your quick recovery. 

At the time, you didn't think any more of it. But soon, you would find out that was a mistake.

Week 5

Your foot anxiously tapped on the tiles of your bathroom. Your back was against the bath as you waited for the longest two minutes of your life to pass. 

Last week, you were supposed to have your period. It was always on schedule, on the exact same day each month, but last Wednesday was an exception. 

You hadn't been late or missed a period in years, so nerves instantly struck. Thinking it might've been the stress at work, you waited another week, but when you still weren't on your period, you dashed to the shop after work and bought several pregnancy tests. 

You were lucky enough to find Sherlock out on a case and not in the flat you shared. This gave you the perfect opportunity to test your suspicions and process whatever the news would be by yourself. 

The alarm of your phone went off and your breath hitched in your throat. This was it. The moment of truth. Hesitantly, you reached your hand to one of the three pregnancy tests lying in front of you on the floor. You bit your lip as you flipped it over. 

Tears welled up in your eyes as you saw the evident two pink lines staring up at you. You quickly flipped over the other two tests and were met by the same view. 

There was no doubt. You were pregnant with Sherlock's baby. 

A soft sob escaped your trembling lips and the wide smile on your face made your eyes wrinkle. ''Oh my gosh,'' you whispered to yourself, sobbing and smiling at the same time. ''We're going to be parents.''

As the internal shock wore off, nerves settled in. 

How were you going to tell your fiancé? 

You and he had never talked about having children before. You weren't married yet and didn't even had a date set for the wedding, so kids were a subject far in the future. But by accident, it had come much earlier than expected and you had no clue how Sherlock would react to the sudden, unexpected news. 

He was good with children, you had seen him interact with his cousins and with young eyewitnesses on cases. But being good with them wasn't the same as wanting one of your own. 

You feared Sherlock would freak out and leave. You wouldn't be able to handle that. 

You would have to bring the news to him in a subtle and gentle way to assure a good reaction on his behalf. You were going to wait until you were further along to tell him while hoping he wouldn't deduce it out of you. But you were never given that chance.

The door of 221B slammed shut and Sherlock's deep voice called you. 

You wrapped your hand around your mouth to mask any sounds coming from you and hurriedly tossed the pregnancy tests in the bin. 

You heard his footsteps come closer to the bathroom and you started to panic, frantically looking around the room for a place to hide. But it was no use. 

The door creaked open and a worried Sherlock stepped inside. ''Love, what are you doing on the floor? Are you alright?'' He kneeled down in front of you and cupped your face, his dazzling blue and green eyes staring directly into yours. ''Are you ill again?'' He finally noticed the tear marks on your face and your red eyes and his worry only grew. ''You have been crying. Why? What happened? Are you okay?'' He rambled, unable to deduce the answer in his panicked state. 

An accidental sob escaped your sealed lips and at hearing it, he instantly enveloped you in his arms. ''(Y/N), talk to me. Hey, hey, it's okay. Stop crying, it's okay.'' He shushed, only opening the floodgates more as you cried louder. 

Sherlock's hand stroked your back as he pressed one kiss after another on the top of your head. His movements started to calm you until his eyes diverted from you to the bin. 

His eyes grew wide and his motions ceased to a stop. With a slight tremble in his voice, he asked, ''Darling, why is there a pregnancy test next to the bin?'' 

You swallowed thickly and shut your eyes, burying your face further into his shoulder. ''We're going to be parents,'' you whispered, close to crying again. 

''Parents,'' he repeated, shocked. ''Parents,'' he said again. Suddenly, he pulled away from the embrace, gently pushing you back by your shoulders to look at you directly. ''You're pregnant!'' He exclaimed. 

You nodded, a shy smile forming on your lips. ''Yes.'' 

His hand went up to his mouth. ''I'm going to be a dad!''

Week 21

''How about... Sally?'' 

Sherlock pulled a disgusted face and shook his head. ''I am not naming my child after that idiot at the Yard,'' he defended. 

''Alright, fine. That's reasonable,'' you said, crossing off yet another name on your list. ''I've told you all my names now and you have dismissed every single one of them. Why don't you give me your names.'' 

He nodded and pulled a small piece of paper out of his pocket. ''I only had a few options,'' he mumbled as he scanned his list. ''Unlike you,'' he added. 

You rolled your eyes. ''Don't get sassy with me, Holmes. I am carrying your child.'' 

Sherlock kept quiet, not wanting to start yet another fight due to stupid comments or random mood swings. It had only been a few months and it was already getting on his nerves. Nevertheless, he never blamed you for any of it. You were right after all. You were carrying his child and should be treated like a saint. And he was definitely trying his hardest to achieve that. 

''Alright, I was thinking Casey.'' He looked up to meet your gaze and was slightly surprised by your glare. 

''Seriously?'' 

''What? It's a beautiful name!'' He defended. 

''Casey. As in Case-y?'' 

''Yes, that's what I said.'' 

''No,'' you decided, handing him the pen so he could cross it off. 

''And why not? It's better than Sally!'' 

''We are not naming our daughter after your bloody murder cases, Sherlock! We are not madmen.'' 

''Speak for yourself,'' he muttered. 

You sighed, getting agitated by his behaviour. ''What else do you have?'' 

''Adilyn.'' He noticed the small smile forming on your lips, the tension in the room fading. ''It means noble and kind,'' he added. 

''That's beautiful,'' you sniffed, wiping your eyes. ''Why did you come up with that name and not me?!'' You started crying and Sherlock sighed before quickly pulling you against him. 

''Ssh, it's okay. If people ask us who came up with the name, you can take credit.'' 

''Would you really do that for me?'' You asked, looking up at him with watering eyes. 

He smiled down at you. ''I'd do anything for you, Love.'' 

''That's so sweet.'' You sobbed, burying your face in his shirt. 

He chuckled, calmly rubbing your back. ''I know, I know. I am the sweetest.''

Week 39

Sherlock groaned loudly, clenching his teeth as you broke every single bone in his hand. You were panting, breathing heavily as sweat cascaded down your face. You moaned in pain and pinched his hand even harder, not realising how much pain you were causing him. But to be fair, if you had to suffer during this, he was damn well going to be in it with you. 

''One last push!'' The doctor exclaimed. ''One more and you're done.'' 

Tears rolled down the side of your face as you cried out in pain, giving that final push everything you had. 

Sherlock pulled his hand away from yours and jumped up as cries of your baby filled the atmosphere. He was soon by the doctor's side, cutting the cord. Your daughter was wrapped up in pink, fuzzy blankets and placed into Sherlock's arms. 

You stared dreamily at your fiancé as a warm smile spread on his face. He admired every inch of his daughter's appearance, gently placing his finger in her tiny hand and watching her fingers wrap around his. 

He looked back at you, catching your gaze. A tear rolled down his cheek as he smiled the most sincere smile you had ever seen. ''She has your eyes,'' he sniffed. 

''Let me hold her,'' you whispered. You were exhausted and you felt numb but nothing was going to stop you from holding your little girl. 

Sherlock sat back down in his seat next to the bed and ever so gently, he placed your bundle of joy in your arms. 

''Hi,'' you cooed, grinning from ear-to-ear. You giggled as she yawned and closed her eyes. ''You're a beauty, aren't you?'' 

''Just like her mother.'' 

You smiled at Sherlock and leant in for a soft kiss. ''Thank you,'' you whispered. 

''I should be the one thanking you, (Y/N). I love you. Thank you for bringing me our child.'' 

You giggled at his cheesiness and sank back into your pillow. 

''You should get some rest,'' Sherlock said. 

You nodded in agreement and handed him your baby, watching as he gently rocked her to sleep. ''Night,'' you mumbled, your eyes falling shut. 

''Sweet dreams, my darling.''

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

657K 14.4K 164
I created a couple of one shots (some a bit fluffy) in my mindpalace and wanted to share them with you. They're about my favourite characters of Sher...
78.2K 1.4K 113
Preferences and imagines of the BBC Sherlock Holmes characters. REQUESTS ARE OPEN!!!!! Request as much as you like!! Please request anything, you wo...
2.8K 163 7
COMPLETED Watson goes on a journey to find out Holmes's past while Holmes goes on a journey back to the time when he knew a certain girl who changed...
157K 3.5K 29
-COMPLETED-SEE PT 2-I will be writing JOHNLOCK, MYSTRADE, SHERIARTY, AND TEEN!LOCK/OR KID!LOCK And I will also take requests from you guys!(PLEASE...