Nightmare's Aren't Real

By CastellaCopeland

A nameless girl wanders into pockets of time and space around in dreams. She doesn't quite understand what is... More

Here and Now: Why me?
From the Beginning
The Regular
An Old Soul
The Dream Invading Knight
Battlefield of Possibilities
Rise of the Dark Knight
Back to the Usual?
Room, Block, Tango
Street Fight
Whispering Light

Left a Mark

12 1 2
By CastellaCopeland

In this dream I felt like I could see sound waves all around me in hues of pink, purple and magenta with small accents of red. The drone sound kept going on and I could hear the women talking about how this process would help heal my body. It felt strange to me since in my dream life I was a full grown woman and was 5'7''. Coming back to my 6 year old body sure felt strange but I appreciated their efforts in healing me. The women appeared in flowy greek dresses with long black hair. Over the amount of a few hours in my dream they all started to modernize and add belts with cute shoes. I woke up and thanked them for their kindness.

Then I sat up from everything looking at the clock and noticing that it was only 5:37 am. I laid back down and then looked at the clock again thinking no this can't be right. I kept staring off into my popcorn ceiling thinking to myself; what just happened? Is this even real? The more I thought about how made up this was the more I felt my eyes drifting off into sleep. But of course bestie came by and decided to wake me up scolding me at my lack of confidence in the experience I just had. She said to check my armpit sometime and know that it was real for the mark is left there. I said sure as I continued to toss and turn and eventually fall asleep.

I didn't wake up until 7 am when I realized it's not 9 am so I can sleep a bit longer. After I was up and awake I decided to check my armpit and see what all the dead folks keep talking about. When I lift my right armpit up to see if there was anything I saw a large bruise with a visible mark where the sword entered my skin. I looked at it and decided you know what I don't want to believe that this is here on my body. So I continued to do my best to convince myself that it was not there and that as the bruise healed and left a small mark I decided to think it was not from the entire incident here.

It wasn't until years later when after I shaved my armpit once I noticed a small birthmark in my right armpit and thought that it was a strange place for it to be. Then I realized that this birthmark appeared after the entire incident which is why everyone kept dropping incredibly huge hints that this stab wound will scar. The more I stared at the mark in my armpit the more I knew that I could never look past this mark without thinking about the life I had lived and the battles I have won and lost. It's almost nostalgic at this point but I have proof from that night that will always be with me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

507K 1.2K 3
This book has been removed from Wattpad.