Left a Mark

In this dream I felt like I could see sound waves all around me in hues of pink, purple and magenta with small accents of red. The drone sound kept going on and I could hear the women talking about how this process would help heal my body. It felt strange to me since in my dream life I was a full grown woman and was 5'7''. Coming back to my 6 year old body sure felt strange but I appreciated their efforts in healing me. The women appeared in flowy greek dresses with long black hair. Over the amount of a few hours in my dream they all started to modernize and add belts with cute shoes. I woke up and thanked them for their kindness.

Then I sat up from everything looking at the clock and noticing that it was only 5:37 am. I laid back down and then looked at the clock again thinking no this can't be right. I kept staring off into my popcorn ceiling thinking to myself; what just happened? Is this even real? The more I thought about how made up this was the more I felt my eyes drifting off into sleep. But of course bestie came by and decided to wake me up scolding me at my lack of confidence in the experience I just had. She said to check my armpit sometime and know that it was real for the mark is left there. I said sure as I continued to toss and turn and eventually fall asleep.

I didn't wake up until 7 am when I realized it's not 9 am so I can sleep a bit longer. After I was up and awake I decided to check my armpit and see what all the dead folks keep talking about. When I lift my right armpit up to see if there was anything I saw a large bruise with a visible mark where the sword entered my skin. I looked at it and decided you know what I don't want to believe that this is here on my body. So I continued to do my best to convince myself that it was not there and that as the bruise healed and left a small mark I decided to think it was not from the entire incident here.

It wasn't until years later when after I shaved my armpit once I noticed a small birthmark in my right armpit and thought that it was a strange place for it to be. Then I realized that this birthmark appeared after the entire incident which is why everyone kept dropping incredibly huge hints that this stab wound will scar. The more I stared at the mark in my armpit the more I knew that I could never look past this mark without thinking about the life I had lived and the battles I have won and lost. It's almost nostalgic at this point but I have proof from that night that will always be with me.