An Old Soul

Ever since the past few nights, life has been quite eventful in the sense that I get new visitors to my room every night. As a revenge of sorts best friend invited all of the local regulars to hang out in my room and have a gathering. At first I didn't mind because when people come together it's great. But they stayed there all night. I could hear that they were all so excited to get to know me better and become more active now that there's someone new here. All the while I kept thinking to myself how am I going to sleep. I can hear everything they are saying and they won't leave. I eventually fell asleep but was tapped awake by one of the guests who asked where the toilet is. I mumbled down the hall with the right.

As I closed my eyes to go back to sleep another guest asked about the shinies. I tried to sit up but my body kept weighing me down from the day's activities of school and gymnastics. So instead slightly lifted my head up and mumbled I dunno about the shinies. Before my head could hit the pillow another guest asked if they could redecorate my room because it was 'drab'. Then another guest chimed in asking to redo the hair of my Barbie dolls. I then lay there, wait I have been laying here the whole time with my head still up and not on the pillow. I just said yes to everyone's requests. My head finally hits the pillow. Ah sweet dreams at last...

Or not since everyone now decided to stay and literally move everything in my room. I kept sitting there thinking. Oh so this is how it is, I am crazy. Or maybe delusional. But at the end of the night I decided oh well it is what it is karma does go around and come around. So I fell back to sleep amidst the chaos of my room full of laughter and joy of the dead.

The next morning I woke up and my room looked like a bomb of clothes, toys and shoes were everywhere. I kept thinking well if magenta is my favorite color then the dead should be a part of my favorites now. I looked at everything and told myself I should pick it up before my mom nagged me but decided that it actually looked better that way. As I started to get up off the bed I noticed some older dead folks sitting around. They always sat there and would sometimes come into my dreams saying patience and in good time it will all work out. They seemed kind of just there as wise old souls but I let them do their thing. Sometimes they would reach out and tell me to slow down but I decided my own pace.