Here and Now: Why me?

It was mysterious and cool as I looked around me and found an endless abyss of darkness that looked like oblivion. I am uneasy as I feel Death's cold chill course the spine of my body as I looked in front of me. Now there are people in the empty void. I didn't know them but felt a need to approach them and do something instead of standing where I was. I actually couldn't tell if I was standing or moving since there was no sense of time or dimension in this place. Besides the whole supernatural feeling, I was on my way to the group of people that were moving with an awkward grace and talking loudly in the language of gibberish. As I got closer and closer to them, the oblivion that once was morphed into a bizarre scene with the eight people there; all of them were sprawled out in various positions that captured each person's greatest moment of pain and sorrow. These people appeared to be stuck in their positions, but as I got closer to them they all slowly started to go back into their transfixed dance of pain while staring intensely at me. Naturally, I can feel their stares and look around at them to see why they are looking at me.

Once I have deeply returned the stare for each person, one of them whispers to me "Have you come here to help us? We need you." I had no idea what to do besides look at them and with a heavy sigh, I replied, "How can I help you?" Immediately after the words left my mouth they all frantically went back to their exotic dances of pain. This time their dances were on hyper-drive and they were moving so fast that I didn't notice how their dances turned into a desperate free for all to see who could grab me first for my help. With all of the movement and craziness going on I had no idea what to do and started to hold my head and told them all I don't know what to do and yet they persisted. All of them started to shove their memories and terrible experiences into my head to make sure that I could understand how all of them got to be who they are now.

I still don't know what to do and I just sink to my knees while holding my head and crying to them that I don't know what to do. I just sat there while all of these people, that I still don't know, keep on badgering me until I do something besides sitting there and weeping. Now that I am on my knees in this crazy state I try to think fast of what I can do but don't know what to do and start to scream at them telling them that I am trying to think and can't even hear my own thought process with all of the chaos going on. Just like that, all of it disappeared; the people, the memories, the noise and the craziness of it all. I even find that the darkness has now dissipated and isn't as dark. I can see the outline of my room and the dark outlines of each of the items in my bedroom.

Having this familiarity I start to relax until I started to feel them; the people. I don't know why they are there bothering me as I try to live my life. I should say something but I don't know what to say or do again and so I lay there and ask them once more, "How can I help you?" This time one person responded and told me "We need your help to move on and understand what we are going through. Can you help us?" Once again, I still don't know who these people are and at this point I'm asking myself if they are even human. When I started to think about it more I realized what was going on; I saw a group of deceased people that came to me for help. They contacted me in my dreams and I responded by waking up to find them waiting for me there. I assumed that they were waiting for me since I could help them get through whatever issues they needed help with.

I honestly didn't know what to do and kept thinking. I started to think about myself and why all of this was happening to me. Why is this not happening to my brother in the room next door or to my mother who I slept walked to? As questions like these filled my head, they all just looked at me with fascination in their eyes. All of their stares were so different from the stares that they had in the dream. This time around their stares did not have any pigmentation in it; I saw their eyes as if it were in a black and white movie. None of this is making sense to me as I sit up in my bed and realize that it's three in the morning and these people need my help and I still don't know what to do at the moment.

While all of this stuff is going on, the people are just standing there; not all of them are male or female either, there's a nice blend of the two genders with each individual's personalities that are evident with how they look. Noticing the little details such as this is comforting to me since knowledge is power and having power gives me the strength to persevere. Thankfully these people understand how I think even though I still don't know them and yet they know me somehow. Instead of bothering me even more they all told me to go to sleep as they watch over me.

When I woke up the next morning, everything seemed very surreal as if I had dreamt it all. All was normal until I noticed that they were still there, watching over me just as they had said they would except now they all looked more at ease like a big weight has been lifted off of their shoulders and they all said thank you and disappeared. I rubbed my eyes to look where they were standing again and could feel that they were no longer in my room or my house anymore. As I turned my head to look at the clock it was only 6:35 in the morning so I did the best thing I could at that time; I lay down and didn't do anything. I lay there thinking about why all of this is happening to me here and now and why it's only me that is going through all of this all alone again.

I find myself sleep walking out of the room at 8:46 ish in the morning out into the living room to fall asleep again on the couch. I am half asleep kind of half awake listening to the news station right before the news comes on. At 9:00 am the news came on and reported about the violent deaths of eight individuals that were violently murdered last night. The news lady said that she couldn't go into detail for it was too graphic to tell each person's story but that there are many services that will be held. I thought that this news was really bad and horrible and was about to fall back asleep again until the news station showed the pictures of the individuals who died that night. I half glanced at them thinking I don't know these people. But as I opened both of my eyes I noticed that these people are the same people who asked for help in my dreams. There was a ninth person that I didn't recognize but thought this isn't real there's a ninth person these aren't the same people from my dream.

I felt an estranged sense of deja vu as I walked back to my room numb. I went back to sleep. I dreamt of a face all burnt and scarred from a knife saying wait until I tell you my story, I'm the ninth. He said that he'll meet me later on tonight to tell his story. I wake up gasping for air and see a shadowy figure flicker in the sunlight as I squint to not let the sun scorch my eyes. Freaked out I wake up at 10:06 am and wash my face telling myself that this isn't real. I look at my face and know that I am my own worst liar when reading myself. I know it's real but how can it be when everyone says that nightmares aren't real.