The Dream Invading Knight

Before I knew it so many things happened in my life and I wound up meeting folks everyday. Some of the dead folks would leave me with advice and words on what I need to do with my life. Others would just stop by and hang out. They always greeted me by wiping off my covers or poking me awake. In fact one gentleman knight started by invading my dreams.

My dream was originally me just hanging out in a scenic place from Lord of the Rings. It was quite wonderful to be honest with all of the mountains in the background, a partly cloudy sky. I felt at peace finally just being able to relax in my own dream. But not long after I enjoyed the sweeping landscape did I stumble upon a knight. He stood there for a while poking at me. I kept staring at him pondering on how great he fit the scenery and helped me to relax in this dream. I lie down in the grass and take in the fresh air relishing every moment of it. I look up at the mountains with snow dusting some of the tops thinking about how I don't want to let this feeling go. I recline in the grass with my right arm over my forehead and gently try to doze off.

Amidst my dozing off the knight comes by and pokes me a bit. First with his sheathed sword. But later on when I have not responded he unsheathes the sword and decides to poke me with the pointy end. It seemed like a very gentle poke and almost ticklish at first until he jabbed a bit at me. Then he said if you don't wake up I will stab you in your armpit and you will die. And with that he stabs me in my armpit light enough to scare me. I jolt awake and find the nameless knight in my room. He introduced himself and said I am a knight. I rubbed my eyes a bit and looked at the clock and said well of course you are you have armor on with the helmet and a sword so there's no question you are a knight. 

He nodded his head and started to talk about his times in battle and how he is a great knight that can protect folks even though he's dead and died in battle. I stared at him and asked him what battle he fought in and that's when he started to give me a history lesson from the 1300's all the way to the 1500's. Much like the other time with the Regular ghosts I fell asleep at his history lesson. By the time I woke up he started to talk about the 1600's and 1700's and I tried really hard to pay attention but fell asleep with my eyes open. At this point he is talking about the 1800's and how the wars continue on and we must stand together. And that's when it hit me. I looked over to him and told him if he knew what year it was. He shook his head and said the 1800's were a fascinating time period and that it was less boring. I told him it's 2001 and way past the 1900's. He gave me a wide eyed look as though I just opened a door of new possibilities for him.