Battlefield of Possibilities

As soon as I noticed his shocked expression I knew that I just sparked something in him. He slowly turned to look at me all wide eyed. I then confessed that I fell asleep during his history lesson because I was tired. I continued saying I know what he had to say is valuable but it's 3 am and I am so tired. My attention span capacity is something that I am working on and told him that in the future I will listen much better. As I talked to him it appeared that he was spacing out too but he just sat there nodding in agreement stating that it's understandable. He thanked me for accompanying him before he requested that I come on an adventure with him. I said I would love to come on one with you and decided to go back into the Lord of the Rings themed dream.

This time we were out on the battlefield fighting it out with enemies I had no clue of. The more I did my best to fight the more I learned and eventually honed my skills against the other soldiers. I felt that I spend a long period of time just learning how to become a strong warrior for when the next battle would ensue. The longer I stayed in the dream the more confident I felt in myself. The nameless knight actually turned out to be an amazing mentor and was really old. Prior to seeing him in my dream I didn't realize how old he looked almost like an old but epic version of Merlin. As the adventure continued years passed by and I felt great. Learning and treating everyday as though it could be my last I never wanted to leave. I met many strong people and I think I even fell in love with another person at some point. But all that mattered was that I got to be with those who mattered the most to me.

As continued on into our next battle the nameless knight came up to me and told me he will die soon. He said that by now I probably forgot I was in a dream and that I should probably wake up soon. I laughed at him and told him that all of this is not a dream that I will never leave this place until I die. That day when we went out into the battlefield and fought hard I noticed so many of my friends dying. We were outnumbered and needed to retreat soon. I kept staying out there not caring if I died because I was with those who cared about me. But as soon as the nameless knight got stabbed I lost it. I tried to clear as many of the opposing forces out as possible since my dead nameless knight died again. The more I fought the more I could see the end was near for the other side.

The opposing forces started to deplete but I continued onward with some other friends. As I got ready to swing my sword I saw something in the distance, a dark knight shrouded in black smoke running full speed ahead at me. I was prepared to take him on but at that moment I saw my dream life flash before my eyes going backwards; from the nameless knight's death to the memories I had made with my friends all the way back to grassy fields where I first met the nameless knight. This time when I was back there the dark shrouded knight came up and stabbed me in my armpit.