Cardinal County

Da synnicals

[FANFICTION VERSION - ENG] I was thinking more of only protection but if you want to be mine, who am I to com... Altro

Cardinal County
Prologue
ARC I
01: Wang Princess
02: Bloody Encounter
03: Judah Kohen
04: Silver Ring
05: His True Identity
06: Protection and Possession
07: Babydoll
08: Sweet and Ice-cold
09: Knowing Secrets
10: Worth to Remember
11: Protective Brother
12: Thin Line
13: Up to No Good
14: Unanswered Questions
ARC II
15: Missing in Action
16: The Evil Sister
17: Love is Stupid
18: Eventful Nights
19: Dinner Date
20: Back to Reality
21: The Ultimatum
22: Much Needed Break
23: Stranger Danger
25: Obsessive Admirer
26: Puzzle Pieces
27: The Nameless Bird
28: Forgotten Little Boy
29: Star Swimmer
30: Secret Missions
31: Never-Ending Feud
32: Where Jealousy Leads
33: Prodigy's Return
34: Deal With The Devil
35: Meeting the Mastermind
36: A Significant Character
37: Her Saving Grace
38: I Love You
Epilogue
CREDITS (No Sequel)
Special Chapter 01
Special Chapter 02
Special Chapter 03
Special Chapter 04

24: Such a Small World

13.1K 727 135
Da synnicals

The insistent poking didn't stop, annoying her to the extent. She slowly sat up, instantly feeling the stiffness of her neck and the numbness of her arms where she laid her head all night. She rubbed her eyes and squinted at the bright morning sunlight from the glass wall in front of her.

"Is this your house Unnie?" She almost jumped on her seat as she instantly turned to the tiny figure beside her. She found a girl holding a yogurt drink and looking questionably at her. "You were sleeping here, is this your house then?"

Her lips parted as she tries to come up with any reasonable answer. "Uhh no, I just took a nap. This is a convenience store, no one really lives here."

The girl's mouth formed into an 'O,' "is that so? But I would love to live here, there's so many food!"

She smiled and was about to reply when a voice called out; "Haru-ah!"

"Appa!" The girl ㅡ Haru ㅡ ran towards her dad who readily scooped her up in his arms before turning to Lisa.

"I'm sorry, did she bother you?" The man kindly asked.

She immediately shook her head, "no, she's really a good girl. Don't worry," she said smiling at Haru.

"Ah that's good," he nodded as he looked back at his daughter. "Haru, say bye to Unnie now."

"Buh-bye Unnie," the girl shyly waved.

Lisa stood up and bowed which was gladly returned by the man. "Bye Haru!" She exclaimed, waving at the girl.

"Have a nice day," the man bid before they finally walked out of the store.

○●○●

She came out of the convenience store with a cup of ice-cold coffee cradled in her hands. It was obvious the worker found her weird for drinking such cool drink in the morning but she just shrugged it off. It was only 7AM and right now, she successfully ignored her mind's attempts of reminding her of the events yesterday. She has this entire day all by herself, she won't let it be wasted by the dramas of her life.

Her attention was caught by the news stand beside the store's entrance. She reached for one of the spreadsheets in it which has the face of the President on the front page.

'The Presidential Opinion to the Sudden Deaths of Two of the Nation's Favorite Politicians,' the headline says followed by the subheadline; 'Pres. Jeon Gives Statement About the Possible Involvement of Assemblyman Oh's Death to Minister Han's Assasination 2 Years Ago'

Her conversation with the girls entered her mind but before it even gets any further, she quickly put the newspaper back on the stand and shook her head. Not now, remember? It's your time to relax Lisa! Stop thinking about anything that could remind you of Jungkook!

She walked towards the beach which is slowly being filled by people ㅡ mostly vendors who are setting up their stalls and ones who are doing their morning routines. She strolled along the said stalls, checking the various trinkets they are selling.

One caught her interest though. It was just a mere table with black cloth covering it where different charms and accessories are laid and a colorful beach umbrella perched atop of it. It was manned by an old lady who seems to be polishing some silver rings. Her hand automatically touched her own and again, was reminded of the brown-eyed prince who is probably still searching for her until now.

How selfish of you Lalisa.

Once she was in front of the said table, she gazed at the beautiful collection and carefully held one that matched her taste.

"Good choice dear," the old lady commented before placing some rings on a cushioned box.

"This is really pretty Halmeoni," she smiled, touching the pendant of the silver necklace on her hand. It was a silver globe charm that shines as the morning light touched it.

"My youngest son works in a factory that makes these charms and these were the rejects. He would take some home and fix them himself so I could sell it in a much affordable price," the woman explained.

"And it makes them more special. Rejected at first but still fixed and made into such amazing piece," she absentmindedly added, causing the lady to laugh and nod at her.

"Are you alone dear? Aren't you late for your class?" The lady asked, glancing down her uniform.

"Actually... I ran away from home Halmeoni," she hesitantly uttered.

The lady gave her a tight-lipped smile and tapped the vacant chair beside her. Lisa immediately took it and adjusted the stool a bit to face the old vendor.

"Do you like the necklace?" The latter suddenly asked.

"Yes, but I think I can't buy it. I'm running out of cash," she replied, dismay coating her voice.

"You don't have to pay for it dear."

"Oh no! I can't. Iㅡ" the woman suddenly reached for the necklace and got a small blue box from one of her bags, before putting the said silver accessory inside.

She handed it to Lisa with a caring smile. "I believe the necklace represents how small our world is, that it could revolve on the palm of our hands," she began. "One day, fate could be playful to you and send you someone that has connection with your life more than you could ever know. Fate can easily do that because as I said; we have such a small world. Still, it's up to you whether you'll let that person be a part of your life or not.

"Fate is just a driving force ㅡ it's the fuel ㅡ the world is your car and you're still the one who drives it. Maybe, there's a reason why fate brought you here today. Though you're the one who willingly approached me and stayed with me to have this conversation. In some way, we could be connected."

This made her smile, talking to elders is really refreshing. They've experienced more things that she could learn a lesson or two from. Also, she grew up with no grandparents at all so she's somehow yearning for that feeling. Her father's parents died when she was still a kid while her mother's were ㅡ well, they basically shunned her Mom for loving her Dad.

Fate.

How ironic that the first person that entered her mind was Jeon Jungkook. Despite how hard she's trying to erase him temporarily from her mind, the guy is still being stubborn even in her thoughts. The possibility that fate may have played their lives was what's really eating her up.

Had she really met him before? Fate brought him to her life and she willingly let him in so... what's their connection? Is the world really that small?

She stayed with the old lady until sunset and even helped her with managing the stall and buying them snacks. She enjoyed helping and got acquainted with some families who frequently visits the beach. Halmeoni told her more stories too; like hers and her late husband's adventurous love story which she really adored.

Now, they're packing up because the woman has to go home and prepare dinner for her two sons and daughter-in-law. She was about to fold the black cloth when her movements halted and her attention immediately averted to the old woman. She's now organizing her bag while humming a familiar tune.

The four o'clock tune.

"That song..." she drawled, causing the woman to look up to her. "Halmeoni, where do you learn that song from?" All this time she thought it was just a random tune playing inside her head, how wrong she was.

"Of course you wouldn't know it, you young people care more about pop songs nowadays," she laughingly said. "It's an old lullaby dear. My mother used to sing me to sleep with this song, but I remember her telling me that she actually knew who composed it."

"Did she tell you who?"

Halmeoni was silent at first before a look of realization suddenly masked her face. "I may have forgotten telling you about how my mother and I worked for the President's family for almost fifty years! I was practically raised in Jeon family's ancestral home. Good old times..."

She could swear her heart nearly jumped out of her chest. Is this it? The connection Halmeoni was talking about? The proof of how small the world is?

"The song was composed by President Jeon's late grandmother, who was my mother's friend and employer. I then served the President's mother and took care of the President myself before I needed to retire. I should visit Seoul some time, what do you think?" Lisa started to shake as tears well up in her eyes, "oh dear, are you alright?"

She didn't think and just engulfed the lady in a hug which she readily accepted. "Thank you for letting me stay with you today Halmeoni, I will never forget this day and you too. You helped me, you helped me a lot. Thank you."

The woman rubbed her back affectionately and even kissed the side of her head. "You're a good girl dear, and whatever reason you have for running away, I hope you could quickly find another reason to return instead. Because I know many people are worrying about you."

●○●○

She heard the footsteps behind her and felt someone's presence even without looking. She looked at her wristwatch, 11:11PM. She smiled and sighed.

"An old lady told me earlier," she started as the guy walked further and stopped beside her. She wasn't mistaken, and was greeted by Jinhwan ㅡ as expected. "That fate was the one who brings people to my life and I am in-charge if I'll let them in or not," she continued.

Jinhwan scoffed, "is that why you're here in the middle of the beach literally telling me to kidnap you and finally get my job done?"

"If you really wanted to hurt me, you would've done it yesterday," she said, glancing at the guy. She watched as his eyes momentarily widened before turning into a frown. "You even delayed capturing me, and told me your plans. I know you're expecting me to get some help ㅡ you let me do it. You just wanted to finish your job but whether I get hurt or not, solely depends on your boss."

He smirked, "so now you're willingly coming with me because of your curiosity. I didn't know the Wang princess would be this fearless."

"I think your boss doesn't want to hurt me too," she casually said.

His brow raised, "how are you so sure?"

"He ㅡ or she, whoever he might be ㅡ only ordered you to follow and capture me but look at you now. You should've whacked my head or used something for me to lose consciousness so you could kidnap me. But you're just talking to me like it's such an ordinary night. You haven't hurt me once."

Jinhwan smirked, "so this is why so many people are protecting you huh? Such innocence is really precious." He suddenly reached for her wrist, bringing out a covered syringe from his back pocket. He bit the cap, removed it from the needle and spit it out on the sand. "Still, I need to do this," he said before burying the needle through her arm, into her vein.

She closed her eyes, "I'm afraid. I am. But I'm more tired of being clueless, and maybe taking this risk is worth it," she breathlessly uttered, her voice fading as her body went limp and darkness consumed her.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

10.4K 405 16
READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! CONTAINS: #MPREG #B×B #JIKOOK #BOY VIRGINAL #ABUSE #BOY PERIOD #BOTTOMJIMIN #TOPJUNGKOOK #NO SMUT #COMPLETED PLEASE READ AT...
309K 9.4K 27
"You are Mine Y/N..." "Mine" "Mine" "Mine" Park Jimin ~ ------------ this is a REALLY CRINGE yandere fanfic, it was my basically-first fanfic ever an...
1.5K 45 15
This is out of 2017 so the english is bad and the writing too, also this was my first svt fanfic. --- "Why in god's name did you think thit was a goo...
PAINFUL LOVE Da AngelicDoll13

Mistero / Thriller

1.1K 80 13
Two men are standing facing each other, the space around them is filled with loud gunshots, blood and screams, they are pointing guns at each other w...