inspirations // harry styles

By perksofbeingaweirdo

After Harry continues to struggle to keep up with the others, the boys' manager suggest Harry get an inspirat... More

inspirations
chapter one // run-ins.
chapter two // companions.
chapter three // the first date.
chapter five // aftermath.
chapter six // beautiful night.
chapter seven // song writers.
chapter eight // blast from the past.
chapter nine // sogginess.
chapter ten // sticks and stones.
chapter eleven // big steps.
chapter twelve // distractions.
chapter thirteen // g.n.o.
chapter fourteen // g.n.o {part two}.
chapter fifteen // hungover.
chapter sixteen // the coffee house.
chapter seventeen // alicia.
chapter eighteen // fangirling.
chapter nineteen // more than words.
chapter twenty // time is ticking.
chapter twenty-one // i think we're alone now.
chapter twenty-two // insider information.
chapter twenty-three // good ol' bonding.
chapter twenty-four // make new friends, but keep the old.
chapter twenty-five // letting go.
chapter twenty-six // restless.
chapter twenty-seven // great news.
chapter twenty-eight // all or nothing.
chapter twenty-nine // too much celebration?
chapter thirty // distractions.
chapter thirty-one // i was made to keep your body warm.
chapter thirty-two // relief.
chapter thirty-three // tsunami tides.
chapter thirty-four // surrender up my heart.
chapter thirty-five // reaching the breaking point.
chapter thirty-six // make it without you.
chapter thirty-seven // stubborn.
chapter thirty-eight // doctors to heal the wounds.
chapter thirty-nine // you don't even know.
chapter forty // blame it on the rain.
{epilogue}
TEASER - "The Traveller"
Author's Note!

chapter four // the first date {part two}.

128K 1.8K 486
By perksofbeingaweirdo

Harry's POV

Dinner ended just as smoothly as it had started. Olivia was a good sport with the Question Game and I actually learned quite a lot about her.

Like: Her favorite movie is Inception; She has a pet cat named 'Beckham' (after David, of course); She has a slight case of claustrophobia; If she could marry one person in this entire world, it would be Ryan Gosling; She has an addiction to stand up comedy and the only sports team she was on was an Ultimate Frisbee team (what in the world is Ultimate Frisbee?).

After we all cleared our plates, or in Niall's case, his sixth plate, we all get ready to make an appearance at Tyler's party.

Olivia excuses herself to the restroom and the boys take the opportunity to tell me their thoughts on her. They nearly suffocate me with their excitement.

"She's much prettier than you described her as!" Zayn smacks me.

"Who would have thought that Harry could land a girl that actually has a personality," Niall jokes, keeping his distance, but I can see the excitement in his eyes as well.

"Better not screw this up, mate. The night is still young," Liam smirks, staying at Niall's side, his arms folded across his chest.

"All I'm saying is that you better keep an eye on her, or else she might be going in a different 'direction'," Louis jokes. If his joke hadn't been so corny, I wouldn't have laughed.

The guys all leave, heading out to pick up their own girlfriends. I take a seat on the couch, waiting for Olivia to finish up in the restroom.

Olivia's POV

Take a deep breath, Olivia. You're fine. You're amazing; one of a kind; a true gem!

I give myself a pep talk before exiting the bathroom that I had been performing a happy dance in only moments ago. I also checked my hair a million times and probably did a breath check even more times.

As I re-enter the living room, I find Harry lounging on the couch.

"Have I tired you out already?" I ask, smirking at him.

He opens his eyes and his lips pull back into a smirk nearly identical to my own. That cute little dimple of his gets me every time.

"Don't you worry about me getting tired out," He winks at me, causing me to laugh and shake my head.

He throws on a blazer that was hanging on the back of a chair and opens the front door for me. I can't help but to smile at the consistency of his gentleman manners. He leads me back to his black SUV, holding that door open for me as well.

As he drives away, I'm the first to speak up,

"So, what kind of party is this exactly?"

That playful smile of his returns as he navigates through the slow traffic, obviously trying to hurry his way to the party.

"It's being thrown by a friend of mine. The boys and I agreed to make an appearance," He explains to me.

'Make and appearance'? His cockiness just makes me laugh. I like his guts.

"You strike me as a party kind of girl, am I correct?" He asks, glancing back over to me, his green eyes shaded by his pair of black raybands.

"Pretty impressive," I smile, "But enough about me, that's all we've talked about all night. Tell me a bit about you, Harry. You're still a complete stranger to me," I ask, shifting in my seat so that I can look directly at him.

It's completely true. At dinner we played the question game, and that was fun and all, but I feel as if I'm being interviewed. I was hoping to get to know Harry a little better, other than he's extremely chivalrous and has a smile that could send a girl into cardiac arrest.

"If I told you, I bet you wouldn't believe me," He comments, returning his eyes back to the road.

A red flag goes up in my head, but I quickly dismiss it. The mysteriousness of this boy has me completely intrigued. It's as if he has me on my knees, begging for answers.

"Try me," I challenge him, folding my arms across my chest.

He looks at me, raising his eyebrows, as if he doubted my ability to handle him. I just wait patiently, a small smile stuck on the ends of my lips.

"Have you ever heard of the band One Direction?" He asks.

I rack my brain. I work at record store which mostly sells vintage records. But the name doesn't ring a bell. Perhaps it's a really old band and he's the kid of one of the people. That would explain the accent and the expensive car.

"Can't say it rings a bell," I frown, and much to my surprise he lets out a laugh.

"Gotta say that's a first," He comments, looking over at me with amusement.

Guilt eats at my stomach, making me feel bad that I'm out of the loop. But he pulls off his sunglasses and gives me another look, this one with much interest behind the eyes. I just give him a pathetic excuse for a smile, a little unsure of myself.

 "Here, listen to this, you might recognize it," He holds up a finger as we wait at a red light. He fishes around in his glove box and pulls out a CD. He quickly pops it into the CD player of his car, before driving off again.

I sit and listen, hearing an upbeat pop song starting. The tune does start to sound familiar. I wait for the words to start and I let out a gasp.

'You're insecure, don't know what for,'

"ONE DIRECTION!" I exclaim, smacking myself on the forehead.

I remember people going to my school obsessing with this boy band. They all had t-shirts, and wouldn't stop talking about them. And the very few times I actually listened to the local radio station, I remember hearing this song.

"So, what do you have to do with a boy band? Are you like the sibling of one of the members? Or are they your good friends?" I ask, seriously confused.

Harry turns down the music and lets out a loud laugh. Frustration grows in my chest as he doesn't answer my question.

"You really are oblivious," He comments, giving me an amused smile, which causes the crinkle in my forehead to deepen. "I'm in One Direction," He explains.

It's as if I forget what air is all together. My jaw drops and my eyes pop open. Harry is in a boy-band? A ridiculously famous boy-band? And his friends? How could I have been so stupid! It all seems so obvious at the moment.

Emotions roll over me like waves; Shock, happiness and then finally frustration.

"Why didn't you tell me right away?" I ask, raising my voice just slightly, but Harry notices my anger.

"I thought it was cool that you didn't know who I was. It was refreshing," He admits, "And I didn't want to freak you out," He adds, referencing to my little freak out moment a few seconds ago.

I turn back around in my seat, facing the front now. Here I thought I was going on a date with a normal boy, who happened to be extremely cute, British and incredibly charming. But of course normal guys aren't like that! He's a celebrity!

I run my fingers through my hair, unsure how to exactly react to this all.

"I get it if this is all too much for you. I probably should have told you earlier," He says, his voice dropping lower, and sounding much more serious than I thought possible.

I close my eyes and try to ignore him. This all would be much easier if he weren't so cute; with his dimples and green eyes. If I didn't nearly melt at the sound of his British accent, this would be a no-brainer.

One side of my brain was saying:

Olivia, why would you ever want to involve yourself with a celebrity? All he is going to bring is drama and paparazzi. You've always said you've pitied the famous and would rather die than become an obnocious celebrity.

But on the other side of my brain it was saying:

Olivia, come on, who cares? Nobody can be perfect! You're going to crush this whole opportunity because of one small little detail? You liked him before you found out he was in a boy-band, so what's the problem?

"Do you still want to go to the party?" He asks, looking over to me with sad puppy-dog eyes.

I weigh my options in both hands.

"Yeah, sure." I nod, looking over at him and mustering up a smile.

"You're not mad?"

"Not at all. A little overwhelmed, but certainly not mad," I insist, although 'overwhelmed' is an understatement.

Harry flashes me one of the biggest smiles I've ever seen and I about over-heat in my seat.

This boy...

Harry's POV

I pull up to the nightclub, pulling my car in the front for the valet. The valet beats me to Olivia's door, opening it for her. He looks a few years older than us, so he eyes up Olivia, giving her a cocky smile. I take hold of her arm, pulling her closer to me, smiling smugly at the valet. He grumbles as I hand him the keys.

The music is blasting already, filling up the streets. The bouncer in front of the club gives me a smile and opens the doors. People just barely get a glimpse of me, and I hear the start of screams before the bouncer shuts the door.

I glance over at Olivia, studying her reaction. She eyes up the dimly-lit club with loud music with energy.

I'm surprised at how worried I was earlier in the car. I thought for sure she was going to ask me to pull over and for me to never speak to her again. Note to self, Olivia does not like to be surprised with things like that.

"HAZZA!" I hear someone shout across the dance-floor.

 I look up to see our manager and family friend of mine, Tyler, heading our way. He looks like he's already had a few drinks in him, judging by the way he's acting.

"Tyler, I'd like you to meet my date Olivia," I smile at Tyler, giving him a wink to tell him that 'Operation Inspiration' was a success, "And Olivia, this is our manager, Tyler," I introduce him to Olivia.

"Olivia, what a lovely name," Tyler bows his head and acts as if he has a top hat on his head, tipping it to her. Olivia can't help but to let out a little laugh at his drunk-ness.

I drape my arm around Tyler, holding him up and giving Olivia a playful smile.

"Tyler here is the responsible one in charge of us," I joke, looking at Tyler with amusement. For a manager, he's great. He probably could be stricter, but he does keep us in line from time-to-time.

"Why am I not surprised?" She laughs, shaking her head.

"So Olivia, you look like you're pretty inspirational," Tyler blurts, giving me a playful elbow.

My heart beat stops. Uh-oh. Drunk Tyler = no secrets are safe. I have to get Olivia away from Tyler before he spills the entire plan and ruins it all.

Olivia just eyes me, confused.

"Tyler, we've got a lot of people to see," I untangle myself from him, "We'll catch you later, mate," I pat him on the back before grabbing Olivia's hand and pulling her away quickly.

She gives Tyler a small wave before allowing me to drag her away. The loud music thumps beneath my feet and my eyes scan across the room, searching for some place to sit down.

I glance over my shoulder at Olivia, who is looking around the packed nightclub, obviously excited to be in such a high-energy place. Beneath the flashing lights, I take notice that Olivia looks even more beautiful than I remembered. I haven't really given her a really good look since the night has started. I look away before she catches me staring at her.

"Hey, isn't that Louis?" Olivia shouts to be heard over the loud club music.

I glance over and I see Louis standing on a table, doing a 'sexy' dance for those seated around it. I can't help but to laugh and roll my eyes. I hold onto Olivia's hand tighter as I pull her towards the private tables stationed in the back of the club.

"Haz! Olivia!" Zayn shouts, throwing his hands in the air.

I look across the table, spotting Niall, Zayn, Liam, and Louis. But with them is Summer, Zayn's girlfriend; Alicia, Niall's girlfriend; Rosalie, Liam's girlfriend; and Juliet, Louis' girlfriend.

The girls can be pretty intimidating, as they all have formed an alliance already. Whenever one of us has done something wrong, they all team up together and start a war. But the guys are all crazy for the girls. Their eyes land on Olivia with much interest. It's as if I have just introduced a new species to mankind.

"So you're the Olivia that everyone has been talking about! I'm Summer, I'm Zayn's girlfriend," Summer extends her perfectly manicured hand, for Olivia to shake. There's no surprise there, Summer is one of the most outspoken people you will meet. She never hesitates to speak what's on her mind.

"I hope they haven't been spreading too nasty of rumors," Olivia jokes, taking Summer's hand and shaking it.

I pull a chair from the next table over and hold it out for Olivia, sitting us right between Louis and Juliet and Niall and Alicia.

I watch as the girls eye up Olivia like she's fresh meat. I tense up as they study every single one of her features. Olivia looks to me and gives me a nervous smile. The boys love her already, but if the girls don't like her, that could change everything.

"Well if you're Harry's date, then I wouldn't be surprised if some nasty rumors about you were true," Juliet speaks up, being the snappy girl she is.

I glare at Juliet and she just shoots me a fake smile and I roll my eyes. How Louis can enjoy being in her company is past me. But then again, she's only this way towards me.

"I can only imagine what kind of girls he attracts," Olivia just plays along, joking right back at her. She shoots me a sly smile, causing me to let out a laugh.

I catch Zayn's eyes across the table and he just gives me the thumbs up. Olivia is able to hold up her own, that's a plus.

"So how did you and Harry meet?" Alicia speaks up, her soft delicate voice barely audible over the loud music blasting from the speakers. She snuggles closer in Niall's chest, watching us with a smile on her face.

Olivia lets out an embarrassed laugh and tucks a piece of her hair behind her ears, glancing at me.

"Actually it's a funny story-" I start to speak up, but Juliet interrupts me.

"I'm sure Olivia is capable of speaking for herself,"

I refrain from letting out a loud groan. Instead I pretend to itch the side of my face, flashing her the bird. She rolls her eyes and waits for Olivia to speak up again. Juliet is a pro at pushing her limits. She wants to see how far she can push Olivia.

"Well, I was just leaving work and heading towards my car when I get tackled to the ground by some stranger, who happened to be Harry. After he helped me up, we just got to talking," Olivia explains, not bothered by Juliet's comment whatsoever.

My frustration at Juliet leaves when I recall that night. I remember I was slightly tongue tied after I got a good look at the poor girl that I toppled to the ground. Olivia looked beyond perfect underneath that street lamp. Her hair was all over the place, but she still looked beautiful.

"Leave it to Harry to pull out the smooth moves," Louis jokes, causing everyone to laugh at me. I can feel my cheeks turning a deep pink and I just pray that the lights flashing in the club cover it up.

Olivia looks at me, amusement written all over her face as she laughs at the memory as well.

"I can only imagine you're reaction being ran over by a celebrity," Rosalie laughs, before giving Liam a loving glance.

This time I'm the one to watch Olivia in amusement, laughing.

"Actually, she had no idea who I was," I explain, watching Olivia's cheek turn pink. I could tell in the car earlier that she felt really bad that she had no idea who One Direction was. But I think it makes her that much more perfect.

"You had no idea he was a celebrity before you agreed to go out with him?" Juliet asks, doubt laced in with her words.

Is she implying that the only way I can get girls is by using my celebrity status? I shoot her another dirty look but Louis shoots me an apologetic frown and pinches Juliet.

"Crazy as that seems, yes," Olivia jokes, again taking it all in good fun.

"AW," Alicia giggles, looking at Rosalie as if she had laid eyes on the modern day Romeo and Juliet.

But Juliet and Summer don't look as thrilled. They both look at me with suspicion. Usually Summer is never seen without a smile, but she searches my features for something, as if I'm hiding something. I know if she found out about the whole 'operation inspiration' thing, she'd skin me alive.

Luckily I'm saved by Usher starting on the dance floor.

"It was nice chatting with you all, but I can't let Usher play without occupying the dance floor," I stand up, reaching for Olivia's hand.

Olivia waves goodbye to everyone before I pull her to the dancefloor.

"Sorry about the girls, they're a little intimidating," I apologize, shouting in her ear to be heard over the loud music.

"Don't worry about it," Olivia insists, grabbing a hold of my hands and starting to dance as soon as we reach the dance floor.

I watch as she moves to the beat as if she learned to dance before she knew how to walk. A smile makes my face it's home as I join her.

Olivia's much more than I had ever hoped she would be. Getting inspiration won't be that hard.

Liam's POV

We all watch as Harry leaves with Olivia in tow. As soon as they hit the dance floor, they start dancing out of our view.

"I absolutely love Olivia! I think she's darling," Alicia is the first to speak up.

I just glance to Niall who forces a smile on his face and nods, agreeing with anything Alicia says. He meets my eyes and I can see the flash of disappointment in his big baby blues.

We were hoping that Olivia would see right through Harry, but no such luck so far. She seems to be having a fantastic night. I had even considered doing something to ruin the night in hopes that Olivia would ditch Harry. Perhaps call up some of Harry's exes.

But seeing Olivia smile at Harry with so much happiness, I couldn't force myself to do it. I just hope something happens before she gets herself in too deep.

"I don't trust Harry one bit. She's too great. Harry never lands girls like her," Summer grumbles, straining her neck to catch a glimpse of them on the dance floor.

Summer is too smart for her own good. I hope for Harry's sake that she never finds out, because if she does, it will be World War Three!

"I hope he doesn't mess it up," Rosalie says quietly to me, not loud enough for the others to hear.

I look down at my beautiful girlfriend, wanting to tell her it all so badly, but I know better than that. Rosalie would be so disappointed in me for letting something like this happen.

"Knowing Harry, he probably will," I comment quietly back to her.

Let's just hope it's sooner than later.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

185K 2.9K 35
Sequel to Love Doesn't Exist.
59.9K 1.2K 30
Liam and Harry tried dating but they’ve drifted apart and Liam has eyes for someone else. Will he ever get to be with that person? Louis makes a real...
1M 27.6K 39
Everybody has a story, but Mia's is definitely special. After being seperated from Shiloh, her one true love, she decides to hitch-hike across the co...
122K 2.9K 19
Niall's absolutly in love with his best friend, and so he decided to make a book only for Liam. But there is a problem. Harry and Louis found it and...