The Boxer's Kitten (h.s.)

By goldensunflowers98

Harry Styles was known to be ruthless, merciless, and tough in the ring. He basically lived at the gym, alway... More

Playlist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Fanfiction Awards 2017
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Harry Styles Imagines
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
New Book Alert: Aurelie (Luke Hemmings AU)
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66

Chapter 47

58.7K 1.6K 870
By goldensunflowers98

"When is a monster not a monster?"

"Oh, when you love it."

Please leave your thoughts and comments as they give me motivation to stay up and write after I work through my long, hard shifts at work. Hope you enjoy. x

Harry's POV

"W-Why did you call me your wife when you were yelling at t-that man?"

My mouth opens and closes like a fish out of water for a few moments as I look at her before I quickly turn and face the road, my eyebrows furrowed and I play with my bottom lip as I feel her stare on the side of my face.

What the hell?

Did I seriously subconsciously call her my wife? Damn, this whole asking her to marry me thing is really getting to my head.

"I don't... I have no idea what you're talking about, Evie. Did you bump your head, love?" I ask as I turn down our street and I could see our home at the end with the porch lights on.

"No! Well... I don't think so b-but you did say tha-"

"Here, baby, your milkshake is going to melt," I cut her off, picking up her milkshake and bringing the straw to her mouth where she gently begins to sip at it, her face morphing into a look of a grumpy, little kitten.

"B-But!" She tries to protest as little, chocolate milkshake dribbles trying to escape her mouth. I quickly throw my hand up to cup her chin so they don't land on her dress whilst trying to navigate my vehicle down the road.

"Baby... Babygirl, I know this is your first day with your new mouth, but swallow, please. Swallow your milkshake before you try to continue your delirious mumblings," I smirk as she lets out an offended shriek of a noise, her cheeks puffed out like a chipmunk as she tries to swallow her mouthful of her double chocolate fudge milkshake.

After its finally safe along with the other contents in her stomach, I take my hand off her chin and lick the melty chocolate off my fingers just as I pull into the driveway. Opening the door, I quickly jump out before she could ask anymore questions and rush over to her side of the car.

Opening her door, my eyes lift to meet her grumpy, adorable face and I let out a loud chuckle as I see her entire lower half of her face is covered in her milkshake. "Oh, princess, what am I going to do with you?" I open the bag that held her empty containers of her kid's meal that she wanted because I promised I'd make her food when we got home.

Shuffling through the bag, I finally find napkins at the very bottom and she doesn't even flinch as I lick the thin paper to wet it before beginning to wipe off her chin and pouty lips.

"But, Harry!" She begins again as I flicker my eyes up to meet hers, tossing the used napkin back into the back before placing my hands on her soft thighs, absentmindedly rub my thumbs on the inside of them.

"I'm listening, baby," I smile with a closed mouth, exhaling slowly through my nose as I try to keep my heart from pounding with anxiety. I don't want to mess this up more than it already has been. I want this to be perfect.

"You did! I remember! You said I was your wife! I'm not your wife, silly! I'm your girlfriend, Har-Bear," she giggles, leaning over and placing a kiss on my lips.

"That's right. You are my girl. But, are you sure, baby? I could have said you were my life, not my wife. Everything was very crazy, sweetheart. Why would I call you my wife, silly girl?" I wrap my arms under her legs and begin to lift her out of the car as she leans back and grabs her trash and milkshake.

I inwardly laugh as her lips go pouty again in contemplation as she thinks over what I said as I unlock the front door, disarm the alarm, and carry her into the house. Zeus immediately picks his head up from his bed and growls lowly since he couldn't properly see who it was.

"Hush, doggy! It's just mommy and daddy!" Eveleigh shouts cutely to him, earning a bark of happiness before he jumps up and rushes over to us as I set her on the couch.

Pressing a kiss to her head, I allow her to play with Zeus as I make my way into the kitchen. "I'll have dinner ready in just a little bit, babe. Do you want something to drink while I make it? I've got your favorite juice at the store earlier," I call out as I open the fridge. Feeling something against my leg, I look down and see Cashmere and Cleo circling around my feet.

"The white grape and peach juice?" She calls back as I open up two cans of cat food, cringing at the smell of it, and place it on a small plate for them before washing my hands.

"Yeah!" After receiving an eager "yes, please," I make her drink and give it to her before coming back to the kitchen.

Knowing Eveleigh went grocery shopping earlier, I start grabbing the necessary ingredients to make a replica of the dinner we were supposed to have tonight at the restaurant. "How about you go get changed into your comfy clothes while I cook?" I say loud enough for her to hear, earning an agreement from her before I hear her soft footsteps going up the stairs.

It's only a moment before I hear her coming back down and my eyebrows furrow in confusion, going on high alert, as she walks into the kitchen with a nervous, anxious look on her face. "What's wrong, kitten?" I ask as I spread the asparagus out on a baking sheet.

"W-Will... Will you come with me, please? Don't want to be alone," she whispers so low I almost can't hear it as she looks down at her feet. My face drops and my heart instantly clenches painfully at her confession.

"Of course I will, baby. You have no reason to be afraid," I walk over and gently lift her chin with my index finger, nearly wincing when I see her deep brown eyes watery and red. "When have I ever let anyone hurt you?"

"N-Never," she sniffles as I nod in agreement. "But I'm not afraid for me! T-Those mean people want to hurt you, Harry! I can't protect you! I can't! I'm not strong like you! What if they broke into our house and tried to hurt you? I-I can't punch them in the face or knock them out like you can! They'll take you away from me! I can't-" she burst into tears as I deeply frown, collecting her into my arms.

"My sweet, sweet girl..." I coo, kissing her forehead softly several times before I rest my cheek on her head as I walk up the stairs to our room. "There is nothing you need to worry about. Leave all the worrying to me. But, you know I'll never let anything ever separate us again. They'll have to kill me first."

At this, she starts crying even harder, letting out a little wail as she holds onto me tightly and I inwardly cringe at my choice of wording. Maybe that wasn't the right thing to say at a time like this.

"Aw, baby. I'm sorry. Shhh, no more tears. I shouldn't have said that. I'm sorry. Shhh," I coax her to calm down, cooing in her ear as I sit on the bed and cradle her small body to me, kissing her head over and over. "Such a sweet, pretty girl. Even with your eyes all swollen and nose all snotty."

I let out a laugh as she whines at this, tucking her head into my stomach so I can't see her face as she continues to sniffle. Finding her box of tissues in her nightstand - she had a little cold last week - I hand her one as she pitifully blows her nose. Her hot, uneven breaths coast against the skin of my chest that was bare from the top three buttons being undone. As she calms down in my arms, she reaches up and plays with my cross necklace, off in her own little world.

I gently run my knuckles across her damp cheekbone before I trace the line of her jaw, using my index finger and thumb to nip at her chin. "My sweet girl. Such a good girl. Always a good girl for me, huh? Aren't you, pet?" I hum as she nods, looking up at me with pouty lips and teary, glistening eyes.

She lets out a small whine, puckering her lips for a kiss and I oblige, leaning down and kissing her lips quickly before pulling back much too quickly for her liking. "Nooo," she mewls, grabbing my shirt and trying to pull me back down again.

I laugh at this, shaking my head as my fingers nip at her chin again. "A bit needy, aren't you, pet?" I smile as I earn another grumpy grunt in response before I lean down at give into her demands, placing a scorching kiss onto her lips as she lets out a small whimper.

"Now-" I pull away only to get yanked back into another kiss and my teasing smile grows as I continue to pull back between words.

"Go."

Kiss.

"Get."

Kiss.

"Dressed."

Popping her on the arse when she lingers in the kiss for too long, she huffs as she climbs out of my arms and heads for the closet, rubbing her stinging bum as I let out a snort of a laugh.

As she gets dressed in her pajamas, I head over to my drawers and throw on a pair of plaid pajama pants and a random t-shirt.

As I pull on my pants, I shake my head slightly amused. Never thought I'd propose to Eveleigh at home in plaid pajama pants. Sitting on the bed, I pull on some socks as well and put the ring box into my new pant's pocket.

Hearing commotion, I look up to see her stumbling out of the closet, trying to pull on her own knee high socks. Her torso is clothed in my lilac sweater - that I have been searching everywhere for - and a pair of white and lilac striped shorts. The sweater made her look cozy and warm as it draped off her shoulders as she finally succeeded in getting her socks on.

"Have been looking for that. Didn't you tell me last week you had no idea where it was?" She looks like a deer in headlights as her head snaps up at my words.

She points at herself as if asking if I was talking to her and I let out an amused scoff. "Yeah, I'm talking to you, love. Nobody else in the room, is there?"

"You meant this particular lilac sweater?" She asks in her perfected quiet, innocent voice that comes out when she wants to get out of trouble.

"Don't have another one. Shouldn't have been a confusion, darling," I try not too look amused as her mouth forms a perfect "o" shape.

"W-Well... I like it so it's mine now," she says determined, crossing her arms as she suddenly stands her ground. When my eyebrows raise at her tone, she immediately begins squirms under my gaze. Not such a big girl now, are you, Evie?

"Is that a tone you're using with me, Miss. DeLuca?" I ask, making my voice as deep and menacing as possible as I begin to stand from the bed. A little squeak escapes her as she tries to back up only to hit the wall behind her.

"No, Harry," she whispers, shaking her head as I get closer and closer, my steps methodical and calculated.

"Haven't I told you what happens to little girls that cop attitudes with me?" I whisper as I get into arms reach of her.

"No tickles, Harry!" She screeches out, giggles escaping her as she dodges my hands when they reach out to mercilessly tickle her sides. She ducks and hits the ground as I lunge for her and squeals as she starts frantically crawling out the door.

"Get back here and take your punishment!" I growl playfully, taking after her as she crawls down the hall, too weak from laughing to stand. "Eveleigh, you can't outrun me!" She sits her butt at the top of the stairs and begins to slide down them, looking over her shoulder and giving me a pride filled smirk that she made it this far.

That smirk disappears in a second though when my long legs stride down the stairs, taking three steps at a time and suddenly I'm in front of her with a devilish smile. "Where you going to go, baby?"

She squeals loudly in playful fright, starting to scramble back up the stairs but I'm too fast for her. "Harry, nooo! I'm sorry!" She giggles wildly as I yank her up off the stairs and into my arms, instantly attacking her neck with kisses and blowing raspberries into her soft skin.

"Now you're sorry? You didn't look too sorry when you gave me that smirk on the stairs, pet!" She squirms and tries to get out of me grasp as I carry her over to the couch. Zeus runs around us, playfully barking as I throw her onto the cushions, her small body bouncing a few times before I pounce onto her.

"Haaarrryyy!" She laughs wildly as I begin to tickle her sides without relenting, my cheeks aching as I smile down at my precious girl.

"I'm...I'm s-sorry! I give! I give!" She yells just as I hear a thump hitting the floor. My eyes widen and her giggles slow down as I look at the floor to see my ring box sitting there in plain view.

"Shit," I curse, scrambling for it just as she sits up in confusion. I put it back in my pocket just before she can see it.

"What's wrong?" She asks worriedly, her hand resting my my upper arm as I think fast.

"I got a bloody cramp," I fake a wince, rubbing my calf muscle as she frowns deeply.

"Eat a banana, Har-Bear. They have potassium for those pesky cramps," I smile at her wording and pouty lips as she reaches down and rubs my leg with me.

"Those pesky cramps?" I tease her with a baby voice, puckering my lips at her as she giggles and nods before giving me a kiss.

Hearing my stomach growl suddenly since I haven't eaten anything tonight, I start to stand to go finish making dinner. "Gonna go make dinner now, love. Here's the remote so you can find a movie." I hand her the remote and with one last kiss, I head to the kitchen.

_____

Eveleigh's POV

"Harry?" I call out after a few minutes of him being in the kitchen, absentmindedly picking my nails as I watch the random movie on the television.

His melodic, beautiful singing to himself stops as I hear him open the fridge. "Yes, sweetheart?" He calls back as I turn my head to look at the empty entryway of the kitchen.

"I love you," I call with a small smile on my face as the fridge shuts.

"I love you too, Evie. With all my heart," he says back, peeking his head out of the kitchen to blow me a kiss before disappearing again.

My heart warms with adoration for my man. After today, I respect and admire him even more than before. He protects and loves me more than anyone on this planet and I appreciate him with my entire heart.

"Here, Cashmere," I call him as he stalks across the room and soon, he jumps onto the couch with me. "Oh, great," I mumble as the remote falls off the couch in response and I lean down to grab it.

Seeing something unusual and sparking on the corner of the rug, I hum in confusion, frowning a bit as I reach out for it.

A small gasp escapes me as I pick it up and I come face to face with a gorgeous, rose gold, diamond ring. "Oh, my goodness," I whisper as I recall something falling out of Harry's pocket and him frantically trying to pick it up before I saw.

Was Harry going to propose?

I let out another gasp of realization. I knew he called me his wife! Little jerk trying to tell me different!

A tiny squeal escapes me and I quickly slap my hand over my mouth as I hear Harry call out to check on me. "I'm fine! Just a scary part on the film!" I shout back, my smile beaming as I slip the ring onto my finger and admire the shining stone that he has carefully picked out.

"Eveleigh, what have I told you about watching scary movi- What are you doing?" I yelp as I hear him behind me and quickly sit on my hand as I turn to face him.

"N-Nothing!" I smile nervously as his eyes squint and narrow at me, calculating my every move.

"You got something in your hand you want to share with me, baby?" He asks, taking a step forward as I frantically shake my head and bite my lip softly.

"N-No..." I clear my throat as it comes out cracked and nervous. "No!" I smile more confidently as I slide the ring off my finger using my thigh and I feel it under my bum as I hold up my hands to show my innocence.

Hearing a frightened scream from the movie, I point at it with another anxious smile as I tuck my hair being my ears. "See? Scary."

He continues to stare at me and I almost break out into a sweat before he nods, leaning over to kiss my head. "No scary movies," he commands as I nod before he heads back to the kitchen.

Seeing the coast is clear and grabbing the ring again, I giggle to myself once more as I slide it onto my finger, admiring it with a smile. After turning the film to something more lighthearted, it's about an hour later when he finally calls me and tells me the food is ready.

Standing, I place the ring into my pocket before I rush to the kitchen where I see him placing our plates on the table and lighting a candle in the center of it. "Oh, Harry! It's beautiful," I smile as I walk over into his embrace and look down at the delicious food he prepared. He even made me my loaded baked potato. As if I couldn't love him more.

"Thank you, princess. Now eat up." He looks nervous as we sit and begin eating. His glass of wine slowly becomes empty and I give him a small smile as he anxiously clears his throat and laughs as he fills his glass again.

____

"This was amazing, Harry. Thank you," I smile as we finish eating and I wipe the corners of my mouth with my napkin. "Happy Birthday, princess," He grins, reaching for my hand that was resting on the table, rubbing his thumb across my knuckles soothingly.

"Baby," he clears his throat once more, sitting up a bit straighter as I nod, biting my lip as I feel the deed was coming and coming fast. "You and I... We have known each other and been together a long time, haven't we?"

I nod once again as he continues, tugging at his shirt collar and I smile in adoration at his nervousness.

"Baby... Sweetheart, I love you with all my heart... You know that? You make me a better person by just being in your presence. Every morning, I wake up, turn over, and just by seeing your beautiful, sleeping face, I tell myself, "I'm going to be the best person I can be today just for her." That's how much you mean to me."

My eyes begin to tear up slightly as he continues his sweet speech, tightly holding onto my hand. "When I found out about your... y-your cancer," He begins to tear up as well now, making me start to blubber even more, trying to be quiet as he continues. "I didn't think I could be more devastated. I was terrified, truly terrified because the mere thought of losing you, Eveleigh, is enough to bring me to the brink of insanity. I promised I wasn't going to let you go out without a fight. I promised to make sure you won, you beat that son of a bitch called cancer. I made sure you had all the best treatments and care. I made sure you were taken care of because I could not lose you."

"And when you walked away... when you disappeared from me and I couldn't find you... when an urn with your name on it showed up in my office, I can even explain the feeling that shot through my heart, Eveleigh." He now had tears streaming down his face as he stands and begins to pace.

"I thought... I thought, "fuck, there's no reason to live now," and I tried, I tried with my entire being to end it all just so I could hold you, hold you, my precious girl, in my arms again. But I remembered that you wouldn't want that. You would want me to be happy so I tried that. I tried to be happy but I slowly came to the realization that I truly couldn't be happy with out you." Our sniffles were loud and messy as I sat and listened to him pour his heart out to me.

"The day I saw you standing outside the flower shoppe I built with my own two hands for you, I was going to do it again, end it all, but there you were, just standing there. My beautiful girl. My angel sent from heaven. And when I held you in my arms again... Oh, my god, you gave me my will to live again," I let it a small whimper as he comes closer and I pull him down so I could touch him. He gets down on his knees in front me, holding my hand tightly as my other one caresses his sweet face.

I love this man with my entire soul.

"Having to live without you, waking up without you beside me, knowing what that feels like, I can't live through that again. I can't lose you again. I can't wake up and not have you there again."

"I'm here, Harry. I am," I can't help but whisper as we cling onto each other, love overtaking the entire room.

"I know you are. I know you are, baby, and I'm so happy that you are... And I can't let you leave again. I need you with me always."

"What do you mean?" I ask softly even though I know the answer, my eyes glistening with love for this man pouring out his heart in front of me.

"It means," he begins to reach into his pocket and pulls out a tiny glass box as he maneuvers his body so he now on just one knee. I inhale sharply at the sight and begin to shake a bit, even though I knew it was coming. It's still a bit overwhelming seeing the one you love down on one knee in front of you. "Will you make me the happiest man in the world and marry me?"

He opens the glass box with a giant smile and as both of our eyes flicker down to it, his face falls at the sight of it being empty. "Oh, fuck," he whispers sharply as his face becomes bright red and he begins to scramble to stand up and find the ring.

"Wait!" I tightly grab his arm and pull him back down as he begins to breathe heavily, looking so sad that his proposal didn't go to plan. Reaching into my pocket, it's his turn to inhale sharply as I hold the ring in my hand. "Looking for this?"

His mouth opens and closes several times as he softly nods, reaching up to take the ring out of my hands. "H-How?" He asks quietly as I gently wipe his tear covered cheek with a small giggle.

"You're so clumsy, Har-Bear. It fell out of the box when you dropped it after tickling me." His face turns even redder with embarrassment and I laugh a bit as I lean down and kiss his forehead. "Want to try it again?" I ask gently, earning a small grin and nod from him.

Taking a deep breath, he holds up the ring and stares me straight in the eyes, love pouring out from his gaze. "Will you, Eveleigh Fioré DeLuca, give me the utmost honor and make me the happiest man on earth by marrying me?"

"Yes!" My shout is a little too loud, startling us both a bit before I tackle him with my embrace, colliding my lips with his in a bruising kiss as we both laugh with happiness in our hearts.

Somehow he sneaks the ring onto finger in the middle of it all and I look down to admire it once more before looking back at his face. He was beaming ear to ear, tears pricking both of our eyes once more. "I love you," he whispers as I grin, kissing his lips once more, my hand that wore the ring resting on his cheek.

"I love you too."

_______________

YAHTZEE!!! Finally finished the engagement chapter! I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave your thoughts and comment because they make my day and I love to read them! They give me so much motivation! Thank you for reading!

Questions!

1. Favorite part of this chapter other than the engagement?

2. Favorite thing Harry said?

3. Were you shocked that Eveleigh found the ring?

4. What do you want to happen next chapter?

5. How do you want Harry and Eveleigh to break the news of the engagement?

6. Favorite thing about Harry and Eveleigh?

7. Favorite thing about this book?

8. What do you want to happen with the Black Widow gang? Drama ideas?

9. Anything else you want to say can go here!

All the love!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29K 836 21
"well your mom and i have been talking alot and since you cant make a good decision on a spouse your mom and i have found someone for you" desmond sa...
1.2K 214 17
*** This is a the Entitled story told from Harris Sinclair's perspective. So, it's sort of a sequel. Sinclair Publishing House was a family business...
1.4K 0 53
Arianna Jo Coulter hates starting a new job, at twenty-five she'd been working as an ER nurse in her hometown since she graduated from nursing school...
4.6K 163 22
Running. I've become pretty accustomed to it by now. Whether it be back at the gym, being late to work, or my past. It was always the past. But h...