Waiting For Spider-Man | An A...

By iam_thenerd

***Chapter 3 is currently unavailable because of some copyright issues. A new version will be written and pos... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Got to Start Somewhere
Chapter 2 - A Date or Not a Date?
Chapter 4 - Spider-Man
Chapter 6 - The Stunned Spider
Chapter 7 - Friend or Foe?
Chapter 8 - Remedies for Sadness
Chapter 9 - Answers
Chapter 10 - Bridges and Lizards and Spiders, Oh My!
Chapter 11 - She's Dancing With Strangers
Chapter 12 - She's Falling Apart
Chapter 13 - Shopping
Chapter 14 - Sleepover at Gwen's
Chapter 15 - Peter's Point of View
Chapter 16 - Three Words...Well Four Actually
Chapter 17 - Antidote
Chapter 18 - I'll Always Save You
Chapter 19 - Never Let Me Go
Chapter 20 - I'm Yours
Chapter 21 - Our story Continues (Bonus)
Chapter 22 - He Was Once My Friend (Bonus)
Chapter 23 - She's Talking to Angels (Bonus)
Chapter 24 - Runnin' Home To You (Bonus)
Chapter 25 - Two Words For My Annabelle Louise (Bonus)
Chapter 26 - Waiting For Spider-Man (Bonus)

Chapter 5 - Trust Me

32.6K 964 1.6K
By iam_thenerd

(Annabelle's POV)

Spider-Man. That name was the only thought in my head. He saved me from almost being run over. God knows what would've happened to me had he'd not been there. I was lucky he happened to be in that part of town. I hadn't told anyone of the events that happened last night.

"Anna? Sweetie are you alright?" My mom asked.

"Huh?" I said as I broke out of my thoughts.

"You've barely touched your breakfast. Are you feeling ok?" My mom asked.

"I'm fine, just thinking, that's all." I explained.

"Ok." She said, but I was sure she still wasn't convinced.

"I'm gonna go to school." I said and grabbed my book bag.

"Have a good day!" My mom shouted.

"Ok!" I shouted back. The walk to school was long and lonely, since Peter no longer walked with me. But I stopped hoping he'd join me again. Right now all I could focus on was last night. I want to know who spider-man is. His voice sounded vaguely familiar but at the same time it didn't. Soon enough I saw the school in the distance.

---------------

The day went by fast, mostly because I wasn't paying attention. I hadn't talked to anyone all day, not even Gwen. I didn't have to go to Oscorp today, so I could go straight home. When I got home I ran straight up to my room, opened my window and climbed out, so I could sit on the roof. It wasn't suppose to rain, so I decided to lay down and take a nap. I let my feet dangle off the edge. It was peaceful and that's what I needed right now. Just as I was about to fall asleep, I heard a voice.

"You know, most people don't sleep on a roof, you could catch a cold or something." I smiled at the sound of that voice. The only other thing that could make this day ok was that voice. I opened my eyes and sat up. In the tree across from me was Peter.

"You know, most people don't climb trees to bother people sleeping on their roof." I shot back.

"Ah you got me there." Peter pointed out. He jumped over from the tree onto my roof.

"You seem happier today." I noted. Peter looked at me and sat down.

"Yeah, I've actually been feeling a lot better." I nodded. Maybe he wouldn't need me, maybe he healed by being alone. If that's what it took to get him back to his old self then that's ok.

"What do you think of the Spider-Man?" I asked. We needed something to talk about and I needed to talk about last night to someone I trust.

"He seems like a great guy, I mean he is protecting the people. Why do you ask, Belle?" Peter answered. Last chance to hack out. Do I tell him Spider-Man saved me? He's my best friend of course I have to.

"He saved me last night." I whispered.

"From what?" Peter asked with a more serious tone.

"A robber pushed me into the street, I was almost hit by a car." I explained. Peter looked a bit angry.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I stood up in anger. How dare he ask me that.

"Maybe its because you're never around anymore!" I shouted at him. He seemed a bit taken back by my outburst. "I would've told you but we hadn't even talked in almost a week." I exclaimed.

"I've been busy." Peter tried to defend himself.

"Doing what? And don't tell me it's Dr. Connors because I know you don't spend that much time there." Peter seemed to be at a loss of words.

"I can't tell you. Please you just halve to trust me."

"I trust you. I trust you so much but I'm worried. Do you know how lonely Aunt May is? How worried she is for you? How worried we all are?" I asked. He didn't answer, instead he turned his head in the other direction. "Peter." I called his name trying to get his attention. "Peter!" I yelled. He looked at me.

"I'm sorry I have to go." He jumped back over into the tree.

"Where are you going? You just got here!" I yelled.

"I'm sorry!" He shouted to me as he got to the bottom of the tree. I started to climb down after him. By the time I got to the bottom he was already running down the street.

"Fine, leave me just like everybody else!" I yelled. He paused as he was running away, then continued down the street. I climbed back up onto the roof, sat down and buried my head into my knees.

----------------

I woke up still on the roof. Guess I must have fallen sleep while I was crying. It was almost dark now, the sun was beginning to set.

"Are you alright?" A voice asked and startled me. I looked to see who it was and calmed down when I saw who. It was Spider-Man standing over at the edge of my roof.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. He walked over and sat down next to me.

"Just came to see if you were alright, after what happened last night." He answered. "Anyone would be frightened after almost being hit." I smiled. Spider-man was so nice, if only the police knew this side of him.

"I'm alright, don't worry. Thanks for coming by."

"No problem..." He started, but stopped. I couldn't figure out why untitled he motioned to me.

"Oh! My name!" I laughed a little. "Annabelle." I simply stated.

"Annabelle. Thats a pretty name." He complimented. I blushed a little.

"Thank you. But you can call me Anna." I said.

"Could I call you Belle?" He asked cautiously. I tensed up. Peter's been the one to only ever call me Belle, not even my mother does. But maybe it was time for that to change. I do like being called Belle.

"Yes, you can." I finally answered.

"May I ask why you are sitting on your roof?" He asked.

"I was sitting up here with a friend of mine, but then..." I trailed off. Spider-Man doesn't want to know all this. "Sorry I shouldn't trouble you with this." I said. Spider-Man shook his head.

"No it's alright, tell me." He said.

"My friend, his name's Peter, he's been disappearing a lot lately. I don't know whats happened to him, but I rarely see him." I started. "I've been helping out his Aunt, while he's gone, who is extremely worried about him. He's been coming home with new wounds everyday. He left earlier to go off where ever he does. He left me like everyone else." I concluded the story.

"Wow he sounds like a jerk. Do you want me to go knock some sense into him?" He asked. I laughed a little.

"Does your way of knocking sense into someone, involve hurting them?" I asked.

"No, I wouldn't hurt him, unless he physically hurt you. He didn't, did he?" Spider-Man asked. I shook my head.

"No he hasn't. But why are you so protective over me?" I asked.

"I don't know, for some reason I don't want to ever see you hurt." He said. "But it seems I've save you physically but now you're hurt emotionally." Spider-Man explained. "So anything else I should know about this Peter?" He asked. I nodded my head.

"What makes my situation with him worse is, I really like him, almost love him." I admitted. Spider-Man seemed shocked at least through body language, it's hard to read someone when you can't see their face.

"I see. Well I'm going to go track this Peter down and give him a stern talking to." Spider-Man said as he stood up.

"Promise me, you won't hurt him." I said. Spider-Man held up both his hands to show he wasn't crossing his fingers.

"I promise."

"Alright, I trust you. Goodnight." I said.

"Goodnight, Belle."

Belle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello! So The Amazing Spider-Man 2 came out today! Agghh! I already went and saw it. And oh my god, it was super epic and amazing! You must all go and see it! Oh and you probably all know this (some people in the theatre I was in didn't) but, there's a little clip at the end during the credits!

On another note! Did you guys like this chapter? Sorry its been a while since I updated, I was extremely busy all week. So I worked on this chapter for the past two and a half hours to make sure it was done for you guys. I don't know when I'll update next, but I promise it will be soon!

Also please stop commenting for me to update! I get so many of those comments. I get most of them right after I post a new chapter! I get it if you comment it because I haven't updated in a really long time. But please do not comment for me to update right after I post a chapter!

~Kai

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9K 163 20
With Ein finally gone (Y/N) and Daniel can finish high school happily. But after what (Y/N) thinks is the last time she'll see Daniel as a neighbor s...
11.5K 238 30
It's the multiverse! (The Amazing Spider-Man story 1 & 2, with female lead character) A book in my trilogy series across the multiverse with my char...
18.5M 2.1K 7
***Please note that this book has been taken down because it's been published, and you can see only the sample chapters of the published version. Yo...
25.1K 492 24
GWEN'S POV Chapter 1 Today was a Monday, ugh. I walked into school in the morning and started the day off with Junior English. Then I went to History...