Mending Eachother ✔

By mash_kookie

~☆ a story that revolves around an anonymous gangster and an abandoned innocent soul. the broken souls needs... More

Welcome 🎈
1|Shut the fu** up.
2|My first loss.
3|Oh No, Not again!
4|Familiar pair of eyes.
5|Totally despondent
6|Why again?
7|In shock
8|Endorsing silently
9|Laila! listen to me.
10|WTH!
11|Blew off
12|In shock?
13|That I didn't expect.
14|Malignant Bastard.
15|Totally confused.
16|Entering the hell.
17|How come it's possible?
18|Her bad luck.
19|Startled by the scenario.
20|What's going on?
21|What I'm gonna do now?
22| Time for some fun.
23|How could he?
24|Ohh shoot! Feelings, they're coming back.
25|What's more to come now?
26|What's gonna happen next?
A Message
28|Crossing the boundaries.
29|Silence before the storm.
Sorry|Not an update.
Wait is over.
30|Was Harris changing?
31|Not without any purpose.
32|That's life.
33|Bad luck
Sorry|Not an update.
34|A bigger thriller
Back.
What's your favourite word?
35|It's coming.
Happy New year.
36|Disclosing the secrets.
37|The Past.
Author's Note.
38| The Past (2)
Author's note: Army spotted.
39|Open to truths of life.
Author's note: so it's all out.
40|She is back!
41|And the tables turned.
42|I found my happiness
BONUS: Don't miss

27|I hate you!

2.3K 181 92
By mash_kookie

He was walking away from her
and she couldn't do anything.
She was not at the fault but he and the world were blaming her.
Like every woman she only mourned.

~~~~~~~

Happy reading. 🎈

Adam POV:

Harris always like a mismanaged person appeared to the party in not so acceptable avatar. With casual looks he made way through the guests followed by the wishpers of people. I had to roll my eyes on his reckless attitude. Dad passed a glare to him but like he would care. He just came and gave mom a hug before making way towards the mini bar not even bothering to greet others or wish little Alina happy birthday. I pity the girl who would have him in her life.

"What should I do with him?" Dad sounded annoyed but I was in no mood for the party to ruin. I consoled him and took small strides to the idiot of my borther.

"Hello... 'i don't give damn' boy", I kept my tone irritated but he just smirked.

"If you're hating me right now then don't talk, Mr. Interferer", he mocked me back. I was expecting that.

"You're honestly good for nothing", I sipped my drink when he tapped his feet against the stool he was settled on.

"Great to hear that", he rolled his eyes and turned away from me. I just heaved a sigh sipping in the whole glass when someone who always manages to make me smile, to cause knots in my tummy, who's so innocent and pure caught my attention.

Dressed in her white simple dress with white shawl around her fragile little form she stepped in the house adding beauty to the aura. With confused eyes and her bad habit of biting lips she took baby steps to the crowd. All I could comprehend was that she looked like an angel from heaven. My heart lost its track. It had to for such a beauty. Little strands of her hair were falling on her face, for the first time I saw her without her specs and trust me she looked more gorgeous without them.

My feet took me in her direction and I shamelessly gawked back at the girl who makes me insane every time we meet.

"Welcome", I greeted her when she instantly looked at me and the enticing smile captured her lips. I got more insane.

"Thank you", her small voice managed to reach my ears.

"Where's Alina?" She mumbled and I took her along with me to my another lovely girl.

"Lailaaaaaa", Alina screamed and ran into Laila's arms. They both were so cute damn.

I couldn't stop myself from admiring her again and again.

Writer POV:

Harris found Adam going away, his eyes followed him and he smirked when he saw Laila in the crowd.

"Boy is in love", he mumbled to himself and kept his eyes glued to the duo who were busy in some talk. His eyes then witnessed them going to Alina. He heaved a sigh when his plan in his mind got more life.

"It will be fun", he smirked again before gulping in the whole drink and stood from his place making way to them.

"Mom, she's Laila, I told you about", Adam introduced Laila who bowed in respect and received some smile from the ladies.

"I'm Fatema, Alina's mother", Fatema hugged Laila.

"You don't look like a mother", Laila wishpered when laugh erupted in the mini crowd.

"I know I'm so young and pretty", Fatema flipped back her hair in grace.

"You're a fat cow", here came the evil man. Laila got stiffened on his sudden appearance but tried her best to control herself.

"And you're a mess... total embarrassment to us", Fatema snorted when Harris raised his brows, well he was used to such comments. He never cared about such words they use against him but at the moment he felt little bad, why beacuse of Laila? But why he would even care?

"Look at you, you could have atleast dressed up properly", she gritted her teeth when Harris just rolled his eyes.

"He would have if he would posses any brain", the next comment was from his dad. Laila quietly observed them keeping her gaze glued to the marble floor below.

"That's why I don't talk to you all", his words were simple but his tone had an emotion, with that he turned and left them all. Laila instantly looked at him but only his back faced her and then he disappeared. She didn't know why but she pity him a little. So much sarcasm from his own family, he was also like her? Broken by his own people?

"Mama, let's cut the cake", little Alina rushed to Fatema and she took her child in her arms before nodding a big yes.

"Come", Adam gestured her to come along, he was treating her so gently and she was losing her heart once again feeling bad for betraying him. How would he react if he would know the truth? He heart was again clouded by the bad vibes.

The lights blew off with one spot light falling on the couple and their child. Laila's eyes darted sideways and soon interlocked with the hazel pair already fixed on her. She kept the gaze in his eyes and he didn't even avert. He was sipping his drink but soon made his eyes dart away from her and turned around with bowed head. His back was facing her and she only heaved a sigh.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR ALINA, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU", the song erupted in the crowd followed by loud applause and hooting. Laila smiled and the man standing along her just admired her. Her heart mourned and from the time she left her family, she missed them for the first time, Ofcourse they were her blood relations.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY Alina", a voice frozen many people in the party, the eyes snapped to the owner of the voice and a drift of cold breeze passed along all the bodies. She was standing with bold expressions and grace under the chandeliers light without any regret or confusion in her eyes. She was really daring. Bubble of anger burst inside Adam and Laila noticed his reaction. He really hated that girl. At a far corner another guy was glued in his position like a stiff rock, only his steady breath made some movements but he was more frozen, like all other he didn't expect her to show up like this. After whole 10 years she was again standing in his house with addition of more boldness and beauty. With gobsmacked expression people of the house stared back at that girl who took few steps forward and pecked Alina's cheek lightly before handing her a gift. Alina passed a charming smile and Laila smiled along but she noticed the thick aura around them. Inayah must had a bad past with these people. She wished in her heart that things wouldn't go wrong so she tried to intrude.

"Inayah, I have been calling you from tomorrow but you never replied", Laila's voice echoed in the laconism.

"I'm sorry honey, I had work. I'm really sorry for that", Inayah replied ever sweetly because she was little satisfied from Laila's side for witnessing Harris and Laila a while ago together and close to eachother. Still she didn't develop feelings for Harris. He was only a friend, the friendzoned friend to her. Though he grew up to more handsome and charming boy but she was more towards Adam who never gave damn about her.

"You look pretty", Inayah complimented Laila who instantly blushed and hugged her friend.

"Time for dinner", Adam spoke in a hard core tone to dismiss everyone and wondering how the hell she got in the mansion.

"Wait", Harris was at some distance from the crowd, he took long strides stumbling twice on his shoelaces but managed to hold himself. He was drunk but little. He could register the surrounding.

"I have an announcement to make", his words raced Laila's heart. She truely wished that he wouldn't ruin anything in his emotions. What he wanted to announce?

Harris made way to the huge stage at the corner where musicians were playing the music. He snatched Mic from one of the man and cleared his throat. His eyes travelled between three people in the whole crowd. Adam, Laila and Inayah. He didn't know whether Inayah would give any reaction to his upcoming statement but he was sure of one from Adam.

"Its about a girl I wanna announce", he smirked.

Laila head banged, she wanted the earth to open up and swallow her beacuse she knew what was coming up from his side.

"So you have found the unlucky girl, I pity the poor soul", Fatema commented while snorting. Harris just smirked back in return. Adam with scrunched brows stared back his brother while Laila was having cold feet. Inayah rolled the strand of her hair around her finger. She also had some idea what was coming up from his side so she was a bit relaxed.

"I'll not exaggerate, it's that I have already made her mine", Laila choked mentally wishing to punch him until he knock out completely.

"My wife, my life. Mrs. Laila Harris", the bomb blasted on the family's head.

WIFE? Eyes plopped out of sockets on the word. The silence drown around the mansion, only breathing sounds were audible. Laila felt the floor has been dragged away from her feet. Her vision was slightly blurred. The other man on her right felt his world came crashing down, he just hope that whatever Harris was uttering would be a lie, a nonsense, a pathetic joke but was it? No it wasn't.

"Wife... meansss Lailaaaa iz me aunty now", Alina exclaimed in excitement and jumped on her feet twice clapping her palms together.

Harris smiled on her reaction but he was more satisfied with the look on Adam's and Inayah's face. Inayah didn't expect this much. She was little shocked too.

"Laila baby look the world knows that we are made for eachother", Harris laughed like a maniac and passed a flying kiss to stunned and scared Laila. Tears pooled her eyes. The sky fell hard on her head.

"Harris.. what are you saying? Stop this nonsense", Zaid, Harris friend came up the stage and tried to drag him down. Laila recognized him as the one from coffee shop where she met Harris for the first time.

Harris broken her trust. She couldn't believe he did that. Why he did that? Why he ashamed her in front of everyone?

"HARRIS.. COME DOWN", He heard his dad yelled from other side, he was seething with anger on his careless attitude making him ashamed in front of his colleagues and relatives.

"No dad, I'm not. And I'm not laying. She's my wife. I'm married, look at the ring", he showed his finger to everyone and laughed again.

"Harris come", Zaid dragged him down, Harris protested but Zaid managed to took him off the stage. Harris struggled and freed himself from Zaid's grip before making his way to Laila. He brushed passed mourning and shocked Adam and stood straight in front of Laila. She with teary eyes stared back him but he extended his hands and wiped of her tears before they fell off her hazel orbs.

"Don't worry. I'm here", he smirked and passed a winked to her. He was evil. His smile, his eyes and his acts were all evil. He was doing all this for fu****g revenge and he was going successful in the attempt. Adam stormed out of the house. Laila gasped and her feet followed him. She had to explain him. She couldn't let him think wrong about her. She couldn't hurt him anymore.

Fatema exchanged look with her mom while her dad just collapsed on the chair behind. The murmers erupted in the crowd adding more stress to the environment.

"WTH.. Harris?" Fatema spoke with gritted teeth.

"Surprise", Harris spoke in a raspy voice followed by an evil grin. His mom sat beside his dad when her head fell in her hands.

"The party's over", Fatema said and took Alina and her twins in her arms before making way inside with her husband. Too much drama in a day.

Harris turned around and came face to face with the girl who made his life and his character miserable. The only girl Harris loved the most but now his heart felt different way for her. He wasn't even sure about that feeling that erupted in his heart.

"Congratulations... and thanks. You made the things easy for me", she smirked and Harris hated that. So she wasn't even effected by that means she was totally over him.

F**k her. He cursed her mentally.

"But I won't let you be part of our family. Remember this", he shot back a reply when her smirk drained.

"Bitch", he cursed on her face and walked away.

"How the hell you get in our house?" Harris mom yelled on Inayah's face.

"Aunty please don't take stress. You won't fell better", Inayah worriedly spoke.

"Shut up. It all is happening because of you", uncle yelled and she got stiffened.

"And if anything happens between my sons, you'll face bad really bad", he threatened her and took his wife inside with him. People started dispersing while she remain glued in her position.

"Adam please listen to me", Laila tried to stop him, his steps halted. He turned around with scary and teary eyes. She gasped and stopped in her tracks.

"What should I listen? Haan tell me. What should I?" He yelled back. Her fear amplified and more tears made way down her cheeks.

"Its not what you're thinking", she was shaking badly clutching her shawl to her body.

"Really, then you're trying to say that he lied and you're not his wife?" He asked making his fingers curled in a fist.

"I'm his wife but-", she spoke but he cut her off by gesturing with his hands to shut her mouth.

"Stop... that's enough for me", he gritted his teeth.

She could see utter pain evident from his eyes. Her heart clenched.

"I'm sorry but you have to listen to me", she cried but he nodded in NO.

"Just tell me when you married him?" He asked in a tough tone.

"Listen-", she again spoke and he again cut her off.

"Just tell me what I asked", he glared at her.

"2 months back", she replied while gulping in her spit.

"And I proposed you few weeks back.. such a shameful woman you're as not to tell me the truth at that time", he snorted wiping off the tears that accumulated in his eyes.

"Because I was scared", she sniffed.

"Fu** your fear", He yelled and she cringed back in fear. Harris was witnessing the drama from a distance.

"You have broken my trust and we are not connected to eachother in any means from now, never cross my path again. I'm over you", he pointed a finger at her and scolded her before turning around and left. She stared his back and cried until he was no more in sight. Her cries grew louder and she slumped on the grass below. Harris took long strides in her way and stood right behind her. He knew if she wasn't hating him till now would definitely hate him now but it was the part of his plan.

"Hey", he called her out from behind and she turned her head to look at him with utmost disgust and hatred in her orbs. She stood and took her palm to his face but he caught it before hard slap landed on his fine structured face.

"How dare you?" She wishpered in between her sobs.

"Its too late to mourn", he recklessly replied still holding her hand.

"You're such a monster, so evil with sick mind", she blabbered out her anger with bowed head. Her sobs were still audible. His eyes were glued on her silk hair and he gently caressed her wrist when she jerked away her hand from his grip and took two steps back.

"I hate you Mr. Harris. I HATE YOU", she yelled and turned around running away from him. He silently watched her back going far away from her. He wanted to chase her but his bad side stopped him though his heart wasn't reacting the way it should be, why it wasn't satisfied with the stunt he pulled today?

She was out of the sight and he heaved a sigh.

"Where would she go?", he mumbled to himself before following her, jogging in her direction.

~~~~~~~~

Hello and Salam to all of you.

How are you all? Hope you all are fine.

Okay so I'm again here with another chapter, a long one. My heart always longed for your amazing comments and votes that's why I have to come back soon.

Okay so some bomb has been blasted in this chapter. How you all are feeling? Ahh poor Adam, he's so heart broken and Laila babe😭

Well it's a part of life and I hope you all enjoyed the new twist. What's more to come? Are you all eager for it. Let's see in upcoming chapters.

Thanks many many for your amazing support and love. I'm so glad.

Keep voting.

Keep smiling.

Pray for safety of Muslims in Burma. May ALLAH keep them save and sound. Ameen.

The writer.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148K 6.3K 32
When both of you love each other ; but due to certain family problems you both can't come together; but still you find a way to come together and ha...
20.7K 1.5K 34
Aadhitya, a handsome guy at his early 30s leads a successful life as an extraordinary architect. He designs his life perfectly like his buildings. Dh...
289K 12.7K 36
TODAY: NO, I can't stay here. I should go out from here at any cost. But how? I am sure they will keenly watching me, and i should think of any othe...
519 52 16
•Give this story and me a chance, I'll try my best not to disappoint you• We've often heard how a prince charming comes and saves his princess breaki...