Strictly Professional ✔️

By MayDTomorrow

Derick Reid owner of a multi-billionaire company in NYC, your typical billionaire playboy, the usual arrogant... More

Strictly Professional
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Dedications
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Dedications
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Authors Note (promise its not bad)
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Katrina And Victor
Epilogue
Thank You

Chapter 4

84.9K 2.6K 449
By MayDTomorrow

I looked at myself in the mirror and gave myself a pat on the back.

"I look fairly presentable"
I said to no one in particular.

I was wearing a long-sleeved white shirt tucked in a dusty pink skirt and a beige colored belt to complete the look, for shoes I wore nude heels that again belonged to Kate.

I chuckled remembering what she said to me when I asked to borrow them again.

"Just take them for yourself! you've worn them more than I have!"
"By more you mean twice?"
"Yeah," she said in a duh tone.

She must have noticed my confused look because she scoffed and said

"I only wore them once! I never got the opportunity to wear them twice! idiota!"

I looked at her and giggled.
"Sweetheart it was just once, if you don't want me to wear them just say so"

"Whatever" she pouted.

Anyway, for makeup, I kept it simple sticking to a natural look instead of a pancake face.

But really I was prepared for anything tonight was going to throw at me.

One, my outfit was not only classy but also casual, so it'll suit any type of restaurant he takes me to, which I doubt will ever be a McDonalds.

Two, my heels are low and low heels mean no aching feet and no aching feet mean nice soothing walks along the beach if that happens.

Hey a girl can dream.

I was knocked out of my thoughts by the doorbell.

"Chica! There's a cutie ptutie at the door!"

I'm pretty sure he heard that.
I sighed and opened the bedroom door to see Kate with a giddy smile on her face.

"How did you score that? What's your secret?"
"I swear I don't know" I whispered.

"See you, Kate"
"Use protection" she gave me a thumbs up.

I felt blood rush into my cheeks and I quickly rushed out the door.

The second I closed it I bumped into a wall, wait no, that's a chest.

I looked up to see an exact mirror of my blushing, but I'm pretty sure it's for a whole different reason.

"Vick?" I asked confused.
"I swear I didn't hear anything, wait I mean I didn't see anything, I mean I'm not inside and the door wasn't open so how can I see, you look cute by the way, I mean your beautiful too if you prefer that" he kept on babbling and I couldn't hold it in anymore.

I burst out laughing and he joined in, after two minutes of constant laughing, I pretended to wipe my eyes.

"So, are you sure you're a big CEO of a giant company? Don't worry I won't tell anyone"

"Yeah..."
"Alright what's your plans for tonight, from your khaki pants and dress shirt, I'm guessing casual was a good call?"

"Yup, I'm taking you out casual,
let's go"
We walked out of the lobby and into his car, which I must admire is a Bugatti.

He opened the door before I can even touch the car door.
"Always the gentleman"
"You know it baby"
"Don't call me baby"
"Why not?" he smirked.

I blushed and looked down, I slid into the car without a word.

"So you're part Spanish or..." I asked after a few seconds of silence.

"No, no, I had a Spanish investor awhile back and I was all 'hello, nice to meet you my friend, pleasure to be working with you' and some other random phrases" He chuckled.

"Have you been practicing that all night?" I raised an eyebrow with a smirk on my face.

"Maybe..."
"Wow you must've been desperate"
"You do know who you're talking to right?"

I looked at him with amusement.
"Yeah I'm talking to Victor Norton but the thing is, I don't care"
"You really are strange"

"Does it make you regret taking me out?"
"Huh?! No, no, I'm not that mean"
"Are you mean? Because from the looks of things mean and you are worlds apart"

He chuckled again, I guess this guy is more cheerful than I thought.

"You wouldn't be saying that if you worked for me, the offer is still there if you want to quit Reid Enterprises because until you're working for him you're his property"

As those words came out of his mouth his jaw clenched and he speeded up the car.

"What?"
"Nothing"
After that, we abruptly changed the subject and everything went back to normal, both of us just goofing around and laughing.

We reached the restaurant and just as I was about to open the car door he locked it.

I looked at him with my signature are-you-kidding-me look and said
"Really?"

"I did say I was a gentleman"
I rolled my eyes and waited for him to open the door and when he did he held his hand out.

I smiled and held it, he passed the keys to the valet... wait VALET!
I thought we were going casual?!

"We are"
"Did I say that out loud?"
"Yup," he said popping the P.

"Vick I don't belong in an expensive restaurant, sure it's casual but it's not average priced either"

"Average isn't in my dictionary"
"Then what is?"
"Amazing"
"Smooth"

We walked in and a waiter came up to us.
"How can I help you, sir and ma'am?"

"I have a reservation under the name Victor Norton"
"Yes, right this way Mr. Norton"

The whole time I was stupidly tense, I'm not used to expensive places but I'm thankful it has a casual dress code.

The waiter led us towards our table and we sat down, the second I sat down, I inhaled the sweet scent of food and my stomach gave an instant response to this calling. (A/N what?...)

"Hey," he said.
I looked at him and said
"Hello, aren't you the definition of a typical man"
"What?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"Almost every guy I've dated has started off a dinner date by saying 'hey'"
He shrugged his shoulders.
"So what would you like for dinner?"

"What do you recommend?"
"The ravioli here is amazing"
"If you're having that I'll have that too"

"So ravioli and wine?"
I nodded in confirmation.

We ordered our food when the waiter came, we kept talking and laughing until our food arrived.

I moaned on the first bite.
"What do you think?"
"The texture, taste, and presentation is amazing, now I know why 'average' isn't in your dictionary"

"Aren't you acting like a food critic"
"I love food, don't hate" I shrugged.

"Can you cook?"
"Yup, but I prefer eating more, my roommate is basically my private chef"

"How long have you known each other?"
"Who knows!"

After that, we kept on talking but for some reason, I felt guilty.

I kept thinking about Mr. Reid,
I wonder how he's feeling?
Is he resting well?

No, no, bad Julie, you're on a date with Vick, it's rude to think about another man while you're on a date.

But I'm positive Vick is not the guy I'm looking for.

*******************************

When we were done, Vick paid for the meal and we left, by the time we reached my apartment, it was 9 PM.

"Thanks for tonight"
"I'll walk you to the door"
This feels like an awkward high school first date.

We were standing in front of my apartment door, I felt him lean in and I gave an awkward smile.

I gently pushed him away by his chest.
"What's wrong?"
"I'm sorry Vick, I just can't see you more than a friend, I'm sorry"

"No, it's fine I understand, but can we still hang out, you know, as friends?"
"I'd like that" I smiled and opened the door.

"Goodnight Vick"
"Goodnight Julie"

Get ready to be bombarded in three
Two
One

"Okay, you need to give me details"
"Kate, he-"
"You're early, I'm guessing you turned him down"

I groaned.
"Give me a break, I'm not interested in dating right now plus I can't see him as someone more than a friend"

"Damn you, you just threw away a good chance"
"At what? Losing my virginity?" (A/N I'm sorry, I had to)

"Not entirely" she mumbled.
"But you never know he could be the one" she continued.
"I'm not having this conversation with you"

With that, I stormed out of the living room and to my bedroom.

Laying down on my bed I started to think of today's occurrences and I remembered Mr. Reid doesn't have breakfast before going to work.

An idea popped in my head and with a smile on my face I fell asleep.

****************************

I woke up bright and early the next morning, ready to face my dreaded bipolar boss.

After doing my daily trip to the bathroom, I wore a white jumpsuit and paired it with a few accessories.

I quickly had breakfast and hailed a cab after saying goodbye to Kate.

I arrived at the company, but before I went in, I walked towards the small cafe in front of the company.

I walked in and the smell of coffee and pastries hit my nostrils, I saw a cute girl probably around the age of nineteen or twenty at the counter.

"Hey welcome bake and beans, how can I help you?"
(A/N ok this place is real but I had no idea...hey to my readers from Auckland I guess)

"Yeah I'd like one black coffee, one cube sugar, and two croissants"

"Will that be all?" I nodded yes and she continued "that'll be my $4.99, what's your name miss?"
"Juliana Downs"

"Ok I'll be with you in five minutes, would you like that to go?"
"Yes please"

I took out my wallet and paid for everything, I waited for it to be ready, I knew it'll take a while so I went out ten minutes earlier.

"Juliana Ups!" The girl yelled, snickering.

Haha, very funny, best joke of the decade, can we get a round of applause for this genius?

I rolled my eyes, grabbing my things, I left swearing to never come back.

I walked into the company lobby and said hi to Clara whilst holding the bag of goodies, but before going into the elevator she stopped me.

"Julie, I'm giving you a heads up the boss is not happy"
"When is he happy?"
"No I mean more than usual, just try not to get on his nerves"

"I can't make any promises"
Now I know today is going to be horrible I just hope he doesn't think I'm bribing him by buying him breakfast.

I knocked on his office door and heard a gruff 'come in' so I took that as a cue to go in and what I saw gave me a fright.

******************

Hey it's May!
I get I'm a lazy b*tch, I was seriously stuck, I had an idea of what I wanted to write but I had a hard time piecing it together, so forgive me?

Anyway thank you everyone for reading and as always I hope you Vote on that ⭐️ , Comment on that 💬 and share with your close buds.
Love ya 😘❤️✌️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 208 28
OH MY GOD! There's nothing quite like being trapped with the one man you can't stand .. egotistic, pompous, and brutal. He was the epitome of opulen...
1.2M 28.4K 60
When poor, abused Addison Snow finally runs away from her unforgiving home she thinks her life could finally get better with a new job and a forbidde...
1.5M 50.5K 76
Your cliqúe innocent love story with the twist of Billionaire CEO. 💝💝💝 Here, I was standing in front of him, half NAKED! Wearing his shirt. I pu...
338K 7.1K 43
When Julia finds out she has to marry the billionaire Jared Cunning, her life turns upside down.Both of them are rich kids with rich people problems...