A Midnight's Innocence: Dio B...

By MoonshineDarkness

Your family is a close friend of the Joestar's and one day hear about the newest addition to the Joestar's fa... More

Prey
Game Piece
Little Mouse
New Perspective
Home
Long Time
The Changes of the Heart
The Truth
The Fire
Alive
Mysterious Energy
New Beginnings
Hymn of Bravery
New Game Plan
I Shouldn't
What Moonlight Reveals
Can the Evil Truly be as Good as You Want it to be?
Why?
YO LOSERS CUM GET YOUR LEMON ;)
Which Side Will You Choose?
Is This The End?
Author's Note

The Letter

14.9K 537 609
By MoonshineDarkness

Wow I can't believe this got to 600 reads like thank you all so much! I wasn't expecting anyone to read this tbh. Anyways enjoy the new chapter!  

~SC

You hummed as you carelessly strolled through the Joestar mansion, the familiar relaxing atmosphere causing a calmness to rush over you. Though there seemed to be an air of uncertainty about everything being fine, causing you to be on alert for anything in the back of your mind. Sure there was subtle changes in the mansion, but it was enough to cause the hairs on you neck to stand up. 

You suddenly find yourself staring up at a wall noticing that something was gone.

"(YN)?" A voice boomed behind you making you jump a little. 

You turned around to of course find Dio. "God I have to get use to you doing that again don't I?" You sheepishly stated.

 Dio smiled at you. "Are you feeling okay? Normal people usually don't stare at a wall for long." He joked voice laced with false concern. 

You narrowed your eyes at him. "I'm fine your loyal doucheness." You paused facing back towards the wall, lightly tapping your index finger against your chin, pondering at what was there before. Then it hit you. "Where's that creepy Aztec looking mask?" You asked.

"Jonathan has been studying it for all these years." Dio shrugged.

"Oh yeah I forgot he's following his mother's footsteps into becoming an archaeologist." 

Dio raised an eyebrow. "Oh? And did you forget what I was going to do?" 

You turned back to him and blankly stared at him. "A lawyer right?" You answered to which Dio smirked. He moved closer to you until his body was only a few inches from yours.  "And I wonder why you've forgotten about your dearest friend's ambition in life and yet remembered mine." 

You let out a nervous laugh, looking away from Dio. "Haha who knows..."

At that moment the two of you were interrupted by one of the butlers. "Dio would it be a bother if I asked you to take the medicine up to Lord Joestar again?" 

"It's no problem at all." He smoothly replied. "Would you like to accompany me (YN)?" You furrowed your eyebrows a bit confused why he'd ask you to go with him. "Uh sure."

The two of you walked side by side to the bottom of the stairs. Dio stopped to take the tray that contained the medicine from the butler. "Sorry for troubling you Master Dio."

"Oh just delivering medicine is no big deal. Now come along (YN)." Dio responded and then motioned to you. You glared up at him, feeling him trying to make you feel inferior to him, but nonetheless following him up the stairs. 

"Why did you need me to come along? Shouldn't you spend quality alone time with Mr. Joestar since he might be on his deathbed?" You questioned. Dio raised an eyebrow at your question. "And who says that I don't want quality time with you?"

 At his reply you looked away from him in a state of shock and embarrassment. Unknowing to you he took this opportunity to switch Mr. Joestar's medicine for the lethal poison he bought.

Once you reached the top of the stairs and started to walk down the hallway Jonathan appeared. You smiled at the sight of your friend, but then realized the serious expression on his face, glaring at Dio.

"Jojo? What's wrong?" You questioned.

"(YN) get away from him." Jonathan grunted. 

"What? Why?" Your questions went unanswered as Jonathan forcefully removed you from your spot next to Dio and to his side. 

"Dio...what did you do with that medicine?" The two boys stared each other down. 

You couldn't fully comprehend what Jonathan meant. 'Does he think that Dio is messing with his own father's medicine?'  You questioned yourself, not wanting to speak out loud do to the heavy atmosphere surrounding the three of you.

"This is the letter your father sent seven years ago, I found it by accident. I'll read it to you." Jonathan further explained himself as he took out the said letter. "I am now struck by a disease. I know I will likely die. I don't know what illness it is, but my chest hurts, my fingers swell and I cough. Please look after my son Dio after my death." Jonathan read to Dio, your eyes widened as Jonathan read, slowly grappling the situation but not wanting your conclusion to be true.

"That's exactly the same symptoms as my father! What's the meaning of this Dio?!" Jonathan raised his voice making you flinch.

Dio looked at Jonathan for a while before replying. "What the hell are you talking about? My father's letter from seven years ago? Give me a look!" Dio went to take the letter to which Jonathan raised it up so he couldn't grab it.

"Do you always carry father his medicine?" Jonathan inquired.

"Hey what are you trying to say?" Dio casually asked.

"Answer me!" Jonathan yelled.

"Jojo maybe it's a misunderstanding?" You quietly imputed not wanting a fight to occur between the two of them, the last fight you had witnessed was all you could handle.

Dio looked from you giving you a small smile at your comment, and then back to Jonathan swiftly. "Yes that right! And he might have the same symptoms as my true father. So what?"

"I'll investigate that medicine!" Jonathan declared, taking the folded up paper on the tray that contained the medicine. Dio grabbed his arm in response. "Jojo investigating this medicine means distrusting out friendship." He paused. "Our friendship with be lost." 

You could see Jonathan's hesitation after Dio's statement. You were about to intervene until Dio continued. "Jojo return that medicine to the tray and forget those foolish thoughts of yours." 

But Jonathan didn't let go of the paper and pulled out of Dio's grasp.

"Dio swear as a gentleman on the honor of your true father Brando! Swear your innocence! If you can swear on your father, I will return the medicine to the tray and never speak of this again!" Jonathan exclaimed. 

The request seemed reasonable enough to you, but not to Dio. "I...refuse! Don't talk of him in front of me. Swear on his honor? Don't misunderstand me, a piece of filth like him has no honor!" Dio shouted. "Jojo put the medicine back and give me that letter!" Dio punched Jonathan in the face.

 You gasped at the scene wanting to get away, you've never like conflict ever since you were a little kid and saw a man get beaten to death due to a petty argument, and seeing the two suppose to be brothers fight twisted your stomach in torment. You could feel your anxiety levels raising and raced away from the scene.

When you reached your door to the usual room you stayed in you opened it and quickly slammed it shut. You leaned against the door trying to catch your breath and thoughts.

'Had Jonathan been right about Dio from the very beginning? Did you fall into the charms of the devil?'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 80 6
The Joestar Family before the crash found a baby, a baby abandoned on their door step. Out of the kindness of their hearts they decide to adopt him...
479 37 11
⋄⊱─────༺♡༻─────⊰⋄ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐈𝐙𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐄 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐀𝐃𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄𝐒 ⋄⊱─────༺♡༻─────⊰⋄ ...
4.1K 263 26
NOTE: This is a fem reader story Book I: Young Y/N and her mother are two Irish immigrants who travel to England, where her mother will be working a...
163K 3.9K 18
Heyyy My character Snake is gonna be in here. ty~ aheemmm~~~ *sorry* Y/N L/N, a very lonely yet brave girl, not so much of the lover type but she cou...