Dare to Fall

By DreamingToBe17

Hailey Jones has been moving from town to town to escape her past and the reality that she thought she can ne... More

Author's Note & Playlist
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXII
Chapter XXXIII
Chapter XXXIV
Chapter XXXV
Chapter XXXVI
Chapter XXXVII
Chapter XXXVIII
Chapter XXXIX
DTF short stories
Chapter XL
Chapter XLI
Chapter XLII
Chapter XLIII
Chapter XLIV
Chapter XLV
Chapter XLVI
Chapter XLVII
Chapter XLVIII
Chapter XLIX
Chapter L
Chapter LI
Chapter LII
Chapter LIII
Chapter LIV
Chapter LV
Chapter LVI
Chapter LVII
DTF short stories
Chapter LVIII
Chapter LIX
Chapter LX
Chapter LXI
Chapter LXII
Chapter XLIII
to my readers
Where It Leads Us
Epilogue

Chapter XXVII

10K 237 30
By DreamingToBe17

<Listen to the music above while reading this chapter, Tonight by Secret Nation>

"Oh no, seriously?" Amelia said, holding up her phone to her ear as she tries to multitask by packing my stuff, eating and talking to someone over the phone at the same time. "Alright, it's fine... Okay, bye."

She hung up the phone and placed it on top of my bed, I gave her a questioning look as I eat a bag of chips in front of her, "What was that?" I asked, she then stops packing and looked at me, giving me a questioning look.

"What was what?" She asked, I then gave her an annoyed look as I chew the chips in my mouth. "Oh... It was Bridget and Alison, they can't come because they're going to a business trip with their parents," Amelia said.

"Oh. I didn't know that Bridget and Alison are sisters," I said as I continue chewing the chips inside my mouth.

"They aren't. Their parents are close because both of their parents are business partners," Amelia said as she continues putting clothes inside my luggage.

"Oh, how about Jeff and David?" I asked, she then lets a sigh escape her lips and gave me a serious look. I don't even know if she's mad at me or annoyed or probably sad?

"Jeff's not coming. His mom wants him to spend his spring break at his Grandparent's house," She said, so that leaves David. I'm guessing he'll be coming with us. "So it's going to be David, you, me and Ethan that's going to come," She added.

"So, who's going to fetch us later at 4 AM?" I asked. She then closed the luggage and let it stand up and pushed it aside, near my bedside table. She then grabs her phone and sat down beside me,

"Probably Ethan. I'll call him later though," Amelia said as she started fishing her hand inside the bag of chips I'm eating, she gave me an annoyed look and I smiled at her innocently.

"You ate it all?!" She said sounding like she's about to yell at me because I ate all of her chips even though I told her earlier that I was full, "Seriously, Felicity?!" She said, placing her phone down on top of my bed.

"I'm sorry," I said, she then starts tickling me and I gasp for air as I laugh at the same time, "I'm... Sor...ry," I said as I laugh, she continues to tickle me and I decided to stand up and run away from her,

"Come back here you little shit," 

***

Amelia slept over at my house, telling me that it'll be a great idea to stay here instead of driving back to her house since it might take a while. The journey going to our destination might take us Five to Six hours.

I was woken up by Amelia, shaking my body and kicking my leg lightly at the same time. I groan to myself as I pull the covers up to my face and proceeded back to my slumber, she then starts screaming making me jolt up as I squint my eyes.

"The hell's wrong with you?" I asked as I rub my eyes peacefully and gave her an annoyed look, she then gave me an innocent smile and I can't help but roll my eyes at her.

"Go take a bath and dress up, we have 30 minutes till' Ethan arrives to fetch us," She said, shoving the towel in front of my face as I grab the clothes I'll be wearing. I was about to go into the bathroom when she stopped me,

"Oh no no no. You're not wearing those," She said, snatching the clothes I'll be wearing later, which are Skinny jeans and a band shirt that I love wearing,  which is The Rolling Stones. "Here," She said, giving me the romper we bought yesterday.

"Now go inside and take a bath," She said while pushing me towards the bathroom and closed the door in front of her, locking me inside. I then placed my towel and clothes down and decided to brush my teeth first before I take a bath.

After 15 minutes of taking a bath, I decided to hop out and dry my hair. I wore the romper and started applying my everyday natural makeup, once I was done, I opened the bathroom door and saw Amelia scrolling down on her phone.

Once she saw me stepping out of the bathroom, she made an "O" shape in her mouth, roaming up and down at the clothes I'm wearing which is a bit uncomfortable for me because I'm not used to wear a type of clothing like this and it's too short for my liking.

"You look good, pair it with some black boots," She said as she handed me my favorite black boots that have a two-inch heel. I slipped on some ankle socks and wore the boots, Amelia stood up from the bed, grabbing our suitcases at the same time.

"Here, we have to go. Ethan's waiting downstairs," I grabbed the suitcase from her and my backpack that contains my laptop, essentials and two pieces of swimsuits inside and of course, my chargers. I grabbed my phone from my working table and placed it inside the little pocket of the romper.

We went downstairs, carrying the suitcase. Trying not to make a loud thud sounds as I roll down the suitcase even though It was quite heavy and I need to sacrifice. Once we're both down the stairs, I opened the front door and saw Ethan leaning in front of his car as he plays a game on his phone.

Once he saw our presence, he gave me a stunned look and smile. "Good morning, beautiful," He said and I can't help but blush a little, "I'll help you with that," He said, grabbing the suitcase I dragged down all the way upstairs.

He opened the back of the car and placed my suitcase down and Amelia's suitcase as well, "So, are we going to fetch David?" I asked, he then closed the back and looked at me,

"Yeah, let's go," He said, I then opened the passenger seat's door and hopped in. I buckled my seatbelt and waited for Amelia and Ethan to get in. Once they both got in, Ethan started backing up the car and started driving along the highway.

I fished inside my pocket and got my phone out, I pulled the aux cord that was sitting near the radio of his car and I plugged it in my phone, scrolling down on my music app and played Tonight by Secret Nation.

Days run nights fall away.
Street lights guiding me,
They show me the way. Oh Oh Oh...  

Ethan was probably driving 80 to 90 kilometers per hour on a free road. David's house is quite far from ours so it means, his house is far from the school. After the 10 minute drive, we finally arrived at David's house and saw him standing outside, waiting for the ride.

He opened the back of the car and placed his luggage inside and hopped in at the back, together with Amelia. Ethan then started driving again and we're now off to our Spring Break Vacation house.

***

After the 3 hour ride, Ethan stopped at a nearby gas station to fill his car with some gas. Amelia and I went out to go to the toilet and buy some food along the way for the next 2-3 hours. David is just at the back, sleeping while his earphones are plugged into his ears.

Once Amelia and I are done buying some snacks, we went back inside the car and I gave Ethan a bottle of cold water. He drank it and excused himself to go to the toilet so that he won't be stopping by in the middle of the road just to pee.

We waited for Ethan patiently and once he was done peeing, he went back inside of his car and started driving again. I looked up at the sky as he was driving for about 100 kilometers per hour, the sun starts to rise and I was madly in love with the color of the sky.

I was getting a bit sleepy because of how cold the car was conditioned which is actually a good thing. I blinked a few times and I finally decided to shut my eyes and proceed to my slumber, the one that was ruined earlier.

After an hour and a half of sleeping inside Ethan's car, the car suddenly halts, making me wake up all of a sudden. I saw Ethan's annoyed face and he decided to step out of the car to check what has happened.

He then opens the bonnet hood of the car and I saw a cloud of gray smoke escapes and blends in with the wind. I decided to step out of the car and check if everything's okay, even though I know clearly to myself that it's not.

"Shit." Ethan cursed, I then walked towards him and pats his shoulder, "What are we going to do now?" He asked and all I did was shrug my shoulders because I don't have any idea of what to do or what not to do.

Amelia soon steps out of the car as well, together with David. They both walked towards us and I looked at the both of them, which seems like they have woken up as well because of what happened.

"Oh no, don't tell me that your car broke," Amelia said as she gave Ethan an annoyed look and Ethan gave her a blank stare.

"As much as I want to, it actually did," He said. Ethan runs a hand through his brown hair, looking a bit frustrated about what's happening.

"For fuck's sake, what are we supposed to do now?" Amelia said, pacing back and forth in front of us, I then have an idea in mind.

I decided to walk a bit further from Ethan's car and tried to wave my hand in the road, trying to catch the attention of a few cars that are passing by. Amelia then walks towards me and pats my shoulder.

"Are you okay? Do you need some medical attention?" Amelia said looking a bit concerned. I hope she's joking because what I'm doing is for the sake of us.

"I'm alright," I said as I continue waving my hand on the side of the road but the cars just keep on ignoring me.

"And is this your idea of... Helping?" Amelia asked, I then rolled my eyes and stopped waving. I faced her and gave her a serious look.

"At least I'm doing something that could possibly help us," I said, I then decided to turn around and continue waving to catch the driver's attention.

Amelia chuckles to herself but I heard it anyway, "You've got to stop. Cars keep on ignoring you, it's not like there's going to be a nice person who would stop for us, be nice to drive us all to our destination and—"

"And you were saying?" I cut her off when a black range rover stops by on the side of the road and I can't help but smile brightly at the person who will be willing to give us a ride to our destination.

The passenger seat's window rolls down and my smile dies down when I saw his face. "What the actual frick," I said slowly, Amelia then turns around to look at what I am seeing and her eyes widen in disbelief.

"Cayden!" She exclaimed and I can't help but roll my eyes. I wanted to spend my spring break without seeing his face but it seems like luck isn't by my side right now and wanted to betray me. 

"What seems to be the problem?" Cayden asked, I was about to speak and tell him what happened but Amelia cuts me off by saying, "Ethan, David, Hailey and I need to get to our destination but Ethan's car broke down in the middle of the free road."

"Care to give us a ride?" Amelia asked as she elbow's my shoulder, rubbing it in return, giving her an annoyed look.

"Sure, hop in." He said. Amelia then opens the back door and I stopped her before she gets inside. She then gave me a questioning look,

"What are you doing?" I asked her, she continues to give me a questioning look as I give her an annoyed look at the same time.

"Hopping in, duh. Sit in the passenger seat," She winked her left eye at me and went inside, closing it afterward. I then rolled my eyes and have no choice but to get in as well.

"So where are they?" Cayden asked, I then looked at him and gave him a questioning look. I then realize that he was referring to Ethan and David.

"Oh, they're over there," I said, pointing at the road where Ethan's white Land Cruiser is. Cayden drove a few kilometers and stopped when we saw Ethan still figuring out how to fix his car.

I then heard Amelia's window rolls down and I saw her sticking out half of her body out to tell the guys to hop in, "Get in losers, we have a ride," Amelia said as I face palm myself inside my head.

***

Hey there! Hope you guys are having a wonderful time.

Here's today's new chapter, hope you liked it. What do you think will happen next or what do you think will happen along the road? Feel free to message me on my twitter or send me an email on my yahoo account.

Anyways, don't forget to Vote, Comment you thoughts about today's new chapter and Share this story to your friends! Let's hit 6K reads!

Carry on and Happy Reading!

-The Author

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2M 114K 31
When Brielle's dance instructor gets mad at her for missing yet another rehearsal, she gives Brielle an ultimatum: lose her solo that she needs to g...
1.1M 40.7K 47
UNEDITED VERSION To break free of the stereotypical box that high school placed her in, Charlie must team up with Liam, the new soccer player on the...
79.6K 1.4K 62
Kaden falls for his childhood friend but has a hard time showing his feelings. He has a terrible relationship with his dad, he smokes, drinks, does i...
191K 3.6K 29
When Bree moves to a new school, the last thing she expects is to bump into an old friend. But her friend has changed, into a cold, badass player who...