1919 - Thomas Shelby x Reader

By too-lost-to-find

When Annabelle, a young eighteen year old is sent to her grandmothers attic to fetch something she discovers... More

Chapter 1 ~ Birmingham
Chapter 2 ~ Photographs
Chapter 3 ~ The Bridge
Chapter 4 ~ Shelby House
Chapter 5 ~ Invitation
Chapter 6 ~ Trouble Maker
Chapter 7 ~ Charity Ball
Chapter 8 ~ Not her
Chapter 9 ~ Sorry
Chapter 10 ~ Recovery
Chapter 11 ~ Move In
Chapter 12 ~ Denial
Chapter 13 ~ Welcome
Chapter 14 ~ Yes or No
Chapter 15 ~ Show me what you've got
Chapter 16 ~ Night Out
Chapter 17 ~ Greetings
Chapter 18 ~ Timing is everything
Chapter 19 ~ Traveler
Chapter 20 ~ Forwards in time
Chapter 21 ~ Introductions
Chapter 22: Breaking and entering
Chapter 23 ~ Farewell
Chapter 24 ~ Welcome home
Chapter 25 ~ New Management
Chapter 26 ~ Appointment
Chapter 27 ~ Mr Solomons
Chapter 28 ~ Raid
Chapter 29 ~ Eyes Shut
Chapter 30 ~ Hellish thoughts
Chapter 31 ~ Song Bird
Chapter 33 ~ Exhausted
Chapter 34 ~ Strangers
Chapter 35 ~ Behind Closed Doors
Chapter 36 ~ Civil Blood
Chapter 37 ~ Young Gun
Chapter 38 ~ Change
Chapter 39 ~ By Design
Chapter 40 ~ Bite my tongue
Chapter 41 ~ Peaky Dinner
Chapter 42 ~ Doctor
Chapter 43 ~ Bad Idea
Chapter 44 ~ Girls Don't Fight
Chapter 45 ~ Turn to the side
Chapter 46 ~ Gift from god
Chapter 47 ~ The truth
Chapter 48 ~ The Rusted Nail
Chapter 49 ~ Accusations
Chapter 50 ~ Quick fuse
Chapter 51 ~ FiancΓ©
Chapter 52 ~ Insecure
Chapter 53 ~ Listen Closely
Chapter 54 ~ Smoke and whiskey
Chapter 55 ~ Mostly Coppers
Chapter 56 ~ Staircase
Chapter 57 ~ It begins
Chapter 58 ~ 3 Days
Chapter 59 ~ Alone
Chapter 60 ~ Last Attempt
Chapter 61 ~ Goodbye
Chapter 62 ~ The road to war
Chapter 63 ~ The destruction of Birmingham
Chapter 64 ~ Richousness
Chapter 65 ~ Letters
Chapter 66 ~ Need for change
Chapter 67 ~ Birth
Chapter 68 ~ Charlie
Chapter 69 ~ Hide and Seek
Chapter 70 ~ Exaplain
Chapter 71 ~ Taking over Birmingham
Chapter 72: Facing the Firestorm
Chapter 73 ~ Come home
Chapter 74 ~ New found joy
Chapter 75 ~ Announcement
Chapter 76 ~ Preparations
Chapter 77 ~ Guards up
Chapter 78 ~ Finally a Wedding
Chapter 79 ~ All for you
Chapter 80 ~ Bad decisions
Chapter 81 ~ No longer a game
Chapter 82 ~ Waiting game
Chapter 83 ~ Sleep
Chapter 84 ~ You wound me
Chapter 85 ~ Breaking the news
Chapter 86 ~ Hospitalised
Chapter 87 ~ Countdown
Chapter 88 ~ Desperate times
Chapter 89 ~ Gone
Chapter 90 ~ Living Nightmare
Chapter 91 ~ Finally at peace
NEW FANFIC
New Story 21.11.2020 and Important information

Chapter 32 ~ Strictly Business

5.4K 102 8
By too-lost-to-find

Your P.o.v.

Thomas and the boys took my things back to the house and gave me some money to buy a few dresses for when I preform next week. An old vintage store was full of gowns that suited my strange personality perfectly and I was honestly having a hard time choosing the right ones. The man at the door pointed Thomas in my direction once he returned from the house to come back and pick me up. For now I had settled on a long flowing red dress that would look amazing in any lighting.

I paid for the dress and made my way out of the store over to were Thomas was standing. The man seemed to be talking to Thomas about concerns he had about how having a Peaky Blinder buying from the store would impact other clients. "Is something wrong?" I questioned politely when I approached the two men. Thomas lit a smoke and placed it between his lips "Jack here is concerned your going to be trouble for business" he sounded amused. I looked at the man with raised eyebrows "So does that mean you don't want me shopping here?" I looked down at my bag.

"Annabelle you can shop where ever the fuck you want, this man can't stop you from doing that" Thomas threatened the man. I bit my lip and took Thomas's arm leading him out of the store "I'll be back next week!" I called out as we exited onto the street. The street was busy with people this afternoon, more than usual. "Is there something going on tonight?" I asked trying to make sense of all the commotion going on around us. "Around this time of year business men tend to come to Birmingham to make deals. Tonight is opening night" Thomas ashed out the cigarette.

"Does that mean im going to be needed tonight?" Thomas wrapped an arm around my waist and without him saying a word I knew I was. I began taking notes of my surroundings as we walked down the concrete streets "How many people and who am I getting away from?'' I asked looking at the street signs and down the ally ways, ignoring the many people looking at me as we passed them. This must have been a new sight for everyone to see. A new girl with Thomas Shelby, the leader of the Peaky Blinders.

"There will be a party tonight at Sabini's club, the boys and I are going to have a meeting with the man himself. You are going to be dancing with Michael until we give you the signal to drive us out of the area". The red dress I had bought was not for next week and I was right about needing to go back to the store again soon. "What time are we leaving?" I gazed over at him as we approached the car "we leave at five and should arrive around seven. We need to make a few stops before we go to the club". I nodded my head preparing myself mentally for the night.

...

I spent the rest of the day getting ready for the nights events, I had been studying road maps and taking note of all the possible places to burn the car if need be. I was highly confident however that taking that action would be a last resort. I hid a gun under my dress in one side of my leg garter and a throwing knife in the other. Both were concealed perfectly and no one would notice thing. I did my makeup fiercely and just gave my hair a simple curl, I wasn't confident using 1919 hair care products just yet.

I paced the downstairs hallway at the front of the house waiting for the boys to come marching side by side from the meeting room upstairs. I was excluded from this meeting which I would be lying if I said didn't irritate me slightly. I had no clue as to what the boys would be discussing tonight or what to expect but I already knew in the back of my mind that blood would be shed. After waiting fifteen minutes the men filed out and everyone made their way to the cars.

Everyone had taken their seats as I locked up the house, as I made my way over to the car Thomas was in I looked at him with a raised eyebrow "Move over". He chuckled "If you drive us there they'll suspect you as the get away driver, take a seat" he motion to the seat beside him. I rolled my eyes and stepped up into the car "You look beautiful by the way" he started the car "Careful Tom, This is strictly business remember" I taunted him.

As the wind blew through my hair I couldn't help but smile as we drove to the club "Tonight's going to be fun" I smirked looking to the boys in the back seat. "Hope you brought your dancing shoes" Michael called jokingly "I want at least one dance!" john cheered as we rounded the corner ending our ride. "No promises" I said as I hopped out of the car. Everyone walked inside leaving me behind "You alright?" Thomas asked in a hushed tone as he came around to my side of the car "Im fine, just taking notice of where all the cars are located I smiled walking in holding his arm.

Men and women turned heads as the two of us entered the room after the Peaky boys. The dress I was wearing was unlike anything the other girls were wearing and I stood out brilliantly. If I was needed the boys would be able to locate me as quickly as possible. Thomas placed a light kiss on my cheek and whispered in my ear before walking towards one of the tables that Sabini was seated at "Don't drink anything, stay safe". I turned around the room looking for Michael when I got a tap on my shoulder "Excuse me miss but may I have this dance?" Michael chuckled.

"Why of course" I laughed as we walked to the centre of the room. We spent a good two and a half hours dancing out on that dance floor before Michael needed a rest. "Your sure know how to party" he laughed taking a seat in one of the near by chairs "I cant deny that" I laughed. John came waltzing up towards our table and I knew exactly what he wanted "Come for your dance have you?" I smiled. "It's not too late is it?" he chuckled "not in my books its not" I hopped up once more.

"Will you be alright if I have a dance with John?" I asked Michael. He waved his hand still exhausted "Yeah go ahead" he slumped back in his chair making me laugh. John and I were dancing and having fun until I caught eye of Thomas standing from his chair, his face paled. Something wasn't right. "John somethings about to happen" I spoke in his ear spinning him around to see Thomas. "Are you ready?" he asked taking my hand as we danced "Im going to spin you out of here right down the middle alright?" I nodded my head.

A few moments later gun shots were fired and a brawl between the Peaky Blinders and the Italians had broken out. John did as he said he would and spun me out towards the door, what he wasn't expecting was that I slid down onto my knees pulling out my gun from my garter belt and shot the two men that had came racing towards me. I lifted my dress and began sprinting out to the car. In times like these I always needed some kind of music to help me focus.

I ran out of  the club and jumped into the drivers side of the car and waited for the men id been assigned to escort out to arrive and hop into the backseat. Michael was leading the men out of the club and joined them in the car, before they could close the door some of Sabini's men came rushing out of the club. I slammed the car into reverse and plugged my headphones in, we reversed at top speeds and drifted around the corners as Thomas and Arthur burst out of the doors. I handed my ipod to Michael and told him to turn up the music so that it was blasting in my ears.

He did as I asked and we swerved and drove at around 167 down the streets of Birmingham as two cars full of Sabini's men chased us. "We aren't going to make it" John and Michael looked at each other doubting my skills. "Shut up the both of you!" I yelled trying to listen to the music, Down the road there was an opening into the feilds and I was about to do something that was going to scare the shit out of every passenger in the car. "Open the doors!" I yelled getting everyones attention. "What!?" John yelled back "Do it!" I turned around no longer looking at the road.

"If you don't fucking do as I say and I mean everything that I say within the next ten minutes we are all dead!" I screamed at everyone, glancing back at the road. The boys nodded in unison and I took a deep breath "When I turn this corner the car is going to spin and you boys are going to jump out into the field!" I yelled over the sound of the car. Fear striked all their faces and it was only a matter of minutes now for them to build up their courage. 

"On the count of three!" I looked at them in the eyes as I quickly shifted gears and increased the speed. "One!" I reved the car "Two!" everyone got into position ready to jump as I approached the bend. I slammed on the breaks and spun the car and waited for the right milisecond to call out "Three!" Everyone jumped out and watched from their now very quickly found hiding places as I ended the spin and drove at speeds of 200 down the back roads of the fields. 

I managed to turn down one of the side streets and park the car in a dirt alley way on the other side of town. The car rolled into a tree and I jumped out and took my shoes off as I began running down the middle of the road. It was going to be a while until I was able to make it back to the Shelby residence on foot whilst avoiding coming into contact with the now cars full of people out looking for me. 

I threw my shoes into the bushes beside the road and continued running until my feet would give out on me.

Johns P.o.v.

The boys after jumping out of the car waited for Thomas and the rest of the Peaky Blinders to travel down the road that Annabelle had told them to earlier in the evening. Everyone had made it home within at least an hour except for Annabelle after driving off alone. Michael had gone back out looking for her in case she needed help or was lost, he was getting concerned now. Thomas's car arrived out the front as Finn and I were talking "He's going to freak out when we tell him she's not here" I whispered to Finn.

Thomas came into the room with a smoke in his mouth "Is everyone alright?" he placed his hands on his hips and Finn cowered into the corner of the room. "Everyone here is fine" I nodded "Where's Annabelle?" he looked around confused as everyones head hung low not wanting to tell him that we had no bloody idea where she could be right now. Thomas walked further into the room "I asked a question!" Thomas demanded "We don't know" I stepped forwards looking at Tom in the eyes. 

Thomas looked at me for any signs that I could be lying to him "She hasn't come back yet, we haven't seen her since she drove off" Finn piped up. Thomas looked around at everyone and I could see the panic rising in his eyes even though the rest of him was cold as stone. "Find her. Now!" he yelled sending everyone into different directions.

She better be okay for everyones sake.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 30 12
Olive Shelby spends her whole life following the orders of her older brothers. The day of her brother John's funeral, she makes a decision of her own...
9.8K 402 9
- 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑 the Shelby family think they've finally been set free from Freddie Thorne. Until.. or - 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑 the younger sister of Fred...
499K 11K 29
When Thomas Shelby returns from war, he doesn't expect the nurse who stitched him up to be in his hometown. He didn't expect her to be Charlie Strong...
20.3K 238 17
Please request oneshots from the point of view of a shelby love interest or a shelby daughter/cousin/sister/ niece How to request: I need the age o...