Cardinal County

By synnicals

[FANFICTION VERSION - ENG] I was thinking more of only protection but if you want to be mine, who am I to com... More

Cardinal County
Prologue
ARC I
01: Wang Princess
02: Bloody Encounter
03: Judah Kohen
04: Silver Ring
05: His True Identity
06: Protection and Possession
07: Babydoll
08: Sweet and Ice-cold
09: Knowing Secrets
10: Worth to Remember
11: Protective Brother
12: Thin Line
13: Up to No Good
14: Unanswered Questions
ARC II
15: Missing in Action
16: The Evil Sister
17: Love is Stupid
18: Eventful Nights
19: Dinner Date
21: The Ultimatum
22: Much Needed Break
23: Stranger Danger
24: Such a Small World
25: Obsessive Admirer
26: Puzzle Pieces
27: The Nameless Bird
28: Forgotten Little Boy
29: Star Swimmer
30: Secret Missions
31: Never-Ending Feud
32: Where Jealousy Leads
33: Prodigy's Return
34: Deal With The Devil
35: Meeting the Mastermind
36: A Significant Character
37: Her Saving Grace
38: I Love You
Epilogue
CREDITS (No Sequel)
Special Chapter 01
Special Chapter 02
Special Chapter 03
Special Chapter 04

20: Back to Reality

18.2K 802 155
By synnicals

Lisa's POV

She woke up a few minutes after four o'clock not because of her usual reason, but because of the silent mutters echoing inside her dimly-lit bedroom. She easily opened her eyes and looked at the guy beside her.

"I didn't mean to do it," his hoarse voice reached her ears again. Unlike when they fell asleep last night ㅡ where he was hugging her from behind ㅡ now, his back was facing her and she could see his hand tightly fisting the blanket they're sharing.

"Kook-ah," she whispered worriedly, reaching out to rub his tense shoulder.

"I was just playing," he muttered again, making her heart sink at how vulnerable he sounded.

She slid closer to him, "Kook? What's the matter?" She kissed his shoulder and used her elbows to raise her upper body so she could take a look on his face. To her surprise, he found his eyes still closed with a frown marring his handsome face. He's having a dream? A nightmare?

"Was it really my fault?" He asked with a defeated sigh before his breathing turned frantic, Lisa's eyes widened in worry. "I was gonna giveㅡ"

"Shh... baby," she whispered, trying to calm him down. She gently pushed his shoulder so he could lie on his back and face her. She showered little kisses on his face while uttering soothing words. "It's not your fault Kook," she muttered. She had no idea what he was talking about, but she felt like he needed to hear those words.

She hugged him and he automatically hugged her back with his face buried on her neck. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it," he whispered again.

She kissed the top of his head, "I know." Absentmindedly, she started humming the 4AM tune. She slowly felt Jungkook's shoulders relax as he went back to his peaceful slumber. She waited a few minutes until she was sure he's in deep sleep again before carefully removing his arms around her and sitting up.

Memories from last night flooded back in her mind causing her cheeks to heat up. She was further reminded of their... late-night activities by the sore spot between her thighs. But it was rather a pleasant pain though she knew she won't be able to walk comfortably later.

She picked up Jungkook's black shirt from the carpeted floor and casually slipped it on before getting a new pair of panties from her drawer. Then she quietly walked out of the room to prepare breakfast.

●○●○

'I know someone who always wakes up at dawn too.'

She remembered Taehyung telling her when they coincidentally met at the park. It was Kook, she thought. Was it because of that bad dream? If I wasn't there beside him earlier, he'll wake up for sure - with a foul mood. She instantly felt bad for him, just imagine waking up alone from a nightmare.

What was the nightmare about then? Was he blamed for a sin he didn't commit? It sure sounded like that. Then why was he begging for forgiveness if he didn't do it? What's with all these questions Lisa? It's the start of your midterm week remember? Focus! And flip the pancake, will you?

Her eyes widened before hurriedly flipping the said pancake ㅡ it didn't burn, fortunately. She was about to pour another round of batter on the pan, when a pair of arms snaked around her waist making her jump in surprise.

"You startled me!" She complained, nearly whacking Jungkook's arm with the spatula.

"Someone stole my shirt," he uttered in between his kisses on Lisa's neck. "But it turns out it suited her more," he added, making her smile.

"Well, can I have it then?" She asked, switching off the stove before putting the last pancake on the stack and turning to face him. "I love your shirt, it smells good and it's very comfy," she quipped putting her arms atop his shoulders.

He reached for her thigh and hooked it around his hip, "you can have all of my shirts as long as you don't wear anything other than one when we're alone. Deal?"

She threw her head back, bursting into fits of laughter which instantly caused his lips to tug upwards ㅡ his rare bunny smile making its appearance. Lisa immediately looked back at him and smiled widely upon seeing his. "Perv," she teased and he just chuckled in return.

He then leaned towards her leaving open-mouthed kisses along her neck down her collarbones. "I think I'm getting addicted," he huskily uttered.

She bit her lip as her fingers raked through his messy brown locks, "don't," she breathlessly whispered making him stop and look up to her.

His brows furrowed, "what?"

"If you get addicted, you might give everything to me. I don't want that, you have priorities other than me. Remember when you made me promise; you should be the one I call when I'm in danger?"

"Yeah," he replied.

"Now it's my turn," she took a deep breath and stared directly into his eyes. She watched in awe as he gazed back at her and his pupils suddenly got bigger like they were zooming in. "Whoa," she uncontrollably said.

"Babydoll?" He called out making her snap out of her reverie.

"Uh yes, sorry I got distracted," she shook her head while he smirked teasingly. "Well as I was saying, when the time comes that you have to choose between your friends and I, promise me that you'll always choose them."

He was quiet at first, contemplating about what she said. "You remember telling me about that foreshadowing shit yesterday?" She nodded in reply with confusion in her eyes. "You know you're doing it now too right?" She smiled and was about to say something back when the intercom sounded from the living area. "Are you expecting someone?" Jungkook asked.

Lisa automatically glanced at the wall clock, "at 5:40AM? Definitely not." She was about to go out of the kitchen towards the door when Jungkook held her arm, stopping her.

"Let me," he was about to bypass her when frantic knocks reached their ears ㅡ no, those weren't knocks, those are loud bangs against the wooden door.

"OPEN THIS DAMN DOOR WANG LALISA!" Her eyes widened as her heart nearly skipped a beat. She worriedly turned to Jungkook, her eyes visibly portraying her panic.

What are we going to do?

"Wang fucking Jackson," Jungkook spat in exasperation.

"I KNOW THAT SON OF A BITCH IS WITH YOU! LET ME IN LISA!" Her brother yelled in between his vigorous slams on the door.

"Listen doll, give me back my shirt and change into something okay?" She can't speak because of her nerves so she just bit her lip and looked warily at the door. "Hey, don't worry. I'll talk to him."

"Are you out of your mind? Once he sees you, talking is the furthest thing he'll do," she finally uttered once she found her voice.

"No, trust me. Okay?" She nodded before Jungkook helped her in slipping off his shirt and leaving a small kiss on her lips. Her state of nakedness was the least of her worries when she nearly ran to her room and hurriedly started searching for something to wear.

"YOU MOTHERFUㅡ" she gasped and sped up wearing a simple tee and her sweatpants from last night. The second she stepped out of her room, a horrible sight greeted her.

"Fuck!" Jungkook hissed, forcefully taking a step back.

"Oppa! What is wrong with you?!" She ran and quickly stood between them, stopping her brother from punching Jungkook again.

"Get the fuck away from him Lisa! And don't you ever stop me from teaching that bastard a lesson!"

"No! Stop! Yugyeom, help me!" But the guy just turned his gaze away from her, much to her surprise. "Why are you being like this?"

"Yugyeom, get her away from here," Jackson said, causing Yugyeom to finally leave his spot and walk towards her with an emotionless face.

"I don't want to!" She pushed Yugyeom away when he tried reaching for her. "I said, I don't want to go with you Yugyeom!" He tightly held her arms despite her protests and started pulling her out of her apartment unit. "Let me go!"

"Get your filthy hands off her asshole," Jungkook was about to reach for her when Jackson threw another punch on him.

"Jungkook! Oh my God, Oppa stop! Let me go, please let me go," Lisa tried snatching her wrists from Yugyeom's hold from the nth time, "please please Yugyeom." Her former bestfriend just looked away from her with a frown, never letting her go.

"I can't believe you let this happen Liz, are you two together now? Is that it?" Yugyeom said, disappointment coating his words. "So you just forgot about your brother and let the enemy use you? Tell me, had he fucked you yet?"

Her eyes widened, "I- uhmㅡ"

"What the fuck Lisa?!" He said furiously, "you let that piece of shit take you? How could you be so dumb! This is not you Liz, you knew him for what? A week? And youㅡ"

"That is none of your business! You knew nothing about us so please shut up. I want it too, I like him... I really really do! So please let me save him from my brother."

"Can't he save himself?" The question made Lisa look back inside, only to see Jungkook not defending himself and just openly receiving her brother's punches.

"Yugyeom..." she pleaded, tears blurring her vision.

"You will regret this Liz," Yugyeom spat before forcefully letting her go.

The second she was freed, she ran back inside and hugged Jungkook with no hesitation. Unfortunately, her brother was about to punch Kookie again that same moment which ended up landing on the side of her face.

"Shit! Baby?" She was sure Jungkook shouted those words but it came to her as a faint whisper. Dark spots started filling her vision while irritating sounds echoed inside her right ear where Jackson accidentally punched her. Jungkook kept on telling her something but no sound reached her ears before she eventually succumbed to darkness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

302K 22.7K 73
"You should be careful, love. If I can find out about you, so can they." "I'm sorry, but I don't take advices from c*** s****." "Why don't you come s...
13.4K 450 33
(Before anything a bit of a warning this book is pretty emotional! It may mention self harm, anxiety, depression. ) You have been abused by your pare...
395K 11K 74
"If one does, the other one dies." This disease never existed until these two young teenagers go to the doctor to find out they have a very rare dise...
309K 9.3K 27
"You are Mine Y/N..." "Mine" "Mine" "Mine" Park Jimin ~ ------------ this is a REALLY CRINGE yandere fanfic, it was my basically-first fanfic ever an...