Strictly Professional ✔️

By MayDTomorrow

Derick Reid owner of a multi-billionaire company in NYC, your typical billionaire playboy, the usual arrogant... More

Strictly Professional
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Dedications
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Dedications
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Authors Note (promise its not bad)
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Katrina And Victor
Epilogue
Thank You

Chapter 1

152K 3.7K 1.4K
By MayDTomorrow

Strictly Professional©

Alright guys this is a heads up other than the first chapter this story will be going private, so unless you're following me you won't be able to see it, I'm taking these measures because I noticed some stories writing strangely similar to mine so please don't be angry.

P.S anything that's italic and underlined is in Spanish if it's not...
I haven't edited it yet.

Enjoy ❤️

Juliana's P.O.V

God, please help me find a job in this city they call The Big Apple otherwise known as New York!

"Julie, I don't think right now is the best time to say your prayers"
"Why?" I said looking teary-eyed at my friend Katrina.

"For one, you still haven't found a job yet! And two I think I might have found what you are looking for"

"You have?"
"Yup," she smiled smugly.

She turned towards my laptop.
"Look here, the youngest billionaire in NYC is looking for a PA, with your brain and endless amounts of degrees, you'll get the job"

"You think I can?"
"For God's sake! Will you stop doubting yourself?!"

"You know perfectly why I do" I scoffed.
"Don't use your work tone on me"
"Sorry, okay back to business, when's the interview, and please read in more detail?"

She sighed and looked back at the screen again.
"Mr. Derick Reid, the CEO of Reid Enterprises is looking for a PA after firing his previous one and is holding an interview on Monday, 9 AM sharp"
"Today is Sunday"
"Oh then, tomorrow, 9 AM sharp"

"Then, I'm gonna go sort out my papers and pick out my outfit"
"You do that"
I went to my bedroom and began looking through my desk.

I started arranging my résumé and general info, including ID, passports, etc...

"Julie, what do you want for dinner?" Kate yelled from the adjoining kitchen and living room.
"I don't know, whatever you like" I yelled back.
"Pizza it is" she declared.

I chuckled and opened my closet, looking for something appropriate to wear for tomorrow.

I found the outfit that I'm sure is comfortable and classy and I think it's perfect.

A little background info, me and Kate have been living here for the past two years ever since we graduated college at Yale we both decided to move to New York.

We both worked at the same company too, well until I quit, but that's a different story.

Our apartment consisted of two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen, and a living room, small, I know, but still cozy.

I walked out to see Kate on the phone.

"Pizza?"
"Yup, it'll be here in a few, in the meantime show me your outfit"
"Ok"

We walked back to my room and she whistled.
"Girl, you are going to be dressed to impress"
"Thanks"

I had picked out some denim jeans and a white shirt with a brown blazer on top to make it look classy.

"Oh yeah, Kate do you think you could lend me your nude stilettos"
"Not a problem"

Just then the door rang and we raced to answer, yes we are twenty-four, don't judge.

I beat Kate by a second and opened the door too loudly, well enough to startle the poor delivery man.

"T-That'll be 15$ Ma'am"
"Thank you" I gave the guy an apologetic look and a sufficient amount of money, he bid us goodnight and left.

"Julie, when you get the job please try to be nice," Kate said, while we were eating.

"What do you mean? I'm always nice" I scowled.
"You know exactly what I mean, don't push people away, try to make friends and if you don't want them around, push them away nicely"

"Okay, okay I'll be nice, don't get your panties in a twist"
She huffed and continued eating her pizza.

After a good movie and clean up,
I went up to go brush my teeth.
"Well I'm gonna hit the hay, goodnight"

She smiled and said "goodnight Julie"
I smiled back and headed to my bathroom, I changed into a pair of PJ's and did my business in the bathroom.

I set my alarm to 7:30 and laid down, thinking of what events tomorrow holds.

********************

"JULIANA LILIAN DOWNS! I SWEAR IF YOU DON'T SHUT THAT F*CKING ALARM, I WILL PERSONALLY BREAK YOUR F*CKING PHONE!"

The best noise to wake up to in the morning is Katrina cursing, what a good way to start the day.

I look at my phone to see I woke up five minutes late, I shrugged it off and made my way towards the shower.

After half an hour of doing my other bathroom duties, I went and changed into the clothes I chose yesterday.

After I was done, I just let my hair down as it was only shoulder length and wouldn't cause me any trouble.

I applied nude lipstick and some mascara, I went to Kate's room and grabbed her heels, and went to the kitchen.

I saw Kate cooking and she hadn't noticed I came in, a mischievous smile made its way to my lips.
"Kate!" I jumped behind her and startled her.

"Julie!" Oops, she looks pissed.
"You're lucky I love you too much to spit in your food" she muttered.
"Love you too" I gave her a kiss on the cheek.

I took a plate of the already made pancakes and smeared it with syrup.
"Thank you sweetheart"

"You need food in that flat stomach of yours somehow"

Did I forget to mention we're Hispanic? I guess I did, well we're Hispanic.

After eating breakfast, I raced down my apartment and quickly hailed a cab.

"Where to miss?"
"Reid Enterprises"
I reached the stupidly intimidatingly large building in ten minutes.

After paying the cabbie, I went inside.

Once inside I was met with a gentle receptionist.

"Hello and welcome to Reid Enterprises, how may I help you?"
"Oh, I'm here for the... interview?" I said but it came out more like a question.

"The 54th floor and you'll be right there"
"Thank you"

I went into the elevator and pressed the 54th floor, I cringed with how one number was even and the other was an odd number but still went with it.
(A/N unless you have OCD, this makes absolutely no sense to you, please carry on you normal morsels, everyone else... let's reflect on our lives together ❤️)

The elevator opened with a ding and I stepped out to see men and women all ranging from ages of twenty-five to forty.

Some were dressed casually, like me, while others were a bit overdressed, men in suits and women in mini dresses and some were straight up in the middle, wearing a suit jacket and t-shirt or a dress and a suit jacket over it, which I wish I'd done too.

If I knew I was coming to a party I would've dressed better.

I saw a woman behind the desk and went towards her.
"Hello I'm Juliana Downs and I'm here for the interview" I smiled.
"Please take a seat, Ms. Downs, I'll call you when Mr. Reid is ready to see you"
"Thank you"

I looked around for an empty seat and I finally found one next to a girl applying red lipstick.

She looked at me and shrugged.
I sat down next to her and waited for my name to be called.

After what seemed like forever, I heard my name being called, I looked up and she nodded at me.
"Ms. Downs?"

I got off my seat and felt my ass was numb from sitting for so long, when I reached a door that had the letters CEO boldly written into it in gold, I softly knocked on the door and opened the door when I heard a faint 'come in'.

I walked inside and saw a giant office, it looked not only expensive but also divine.

The office wasn't the only beautiful thing in the room.

Behind the desk, I was graced by the presence of the third most handsome man on earth.

I averted my eyes immediately not wanting to be caught drooling over my possible boss.

"Sir, I'm Juliana Downs, a pleasure to make your acquaintance," I said walking towards him.
"Ms. Downs take a seat" his voice was cold but attractive.

I sat down on the leather chair in front of his desk and placed my papers on his desk, he went ahead and skimmed through them.

"Alright Ms. Downs give me a quick summary of everything you have achieved"

"Well, I have a masters degree in business and I also studied finance so I can deal with any types of investments and money management the company makes"

"Impressive, do you speak any other languages?"
"I can only speak Spanish and a little bit of French"
"You're Spanish?"
"A part of my family is, yes"
He didn't need to know which part.

"Well I'd like proof of how much you know of these languages, give an introduction in Spanish Ms. Downs" He didn't ask but order.

I nodded and began introducing myself in Spanish.
"My name is Juliana Downs, I have a masters degree in business and I also studied finance, I'm Hispanic and I'm positive I'm qualified for this job"

I looked up to see how I did and his facial expression didn't even flinch.
"Can I ask how much French you speak as well?"
"Just enough to make simple conversation sir"

"Well then, Ms. Downs you're hired, welcome to Reid Enterprises"

Did I hear him right? Are my ears playing tricks on me? I'm hired?!

"Thank you sir" I tried to hide the excitement in my voice.

"Ms. Downs I'd like you to go get my coffee, black one cube of sugar and as for your office go ask Paige, my receptionist, to show you around"

"Wait, I start now?!"
"Yes, is that a problem?"
"No, no, not at all sir," keep your cool Julie.

"I just wish you had informed me earlier, that's all"
"What are you still doing here? Get me my coffee!"

I scurried out of the office and saw the receptionist asking everyone to leave.

"I was asked to see you, Mr. Reid said you can show me my office?" I said as I was walking towards her.

"Hey! Yes, that's me! I'm Paige, I already know your name, do you mind me calling you Juliana?"

"Julie is fine, well Paige I think we'll get along just fine, it's a pleasure to be working with you" I chuckled.

Good, she's nice.

"The pleasure is all mine, as long as you don't come on to the boss, we should be good!"

"Don't worry I know when to never cross my boundaries"
"I like that, you know what you want and you don't let feelings get in the way"

"That's me, emotionless Julie!" We both laughed.

"Well, I'm going to show you the essentials, your office and the rest of the building, after you're done checking things out, go see Mr. Reid for further instructions"

She showed me the cafeteria, the photocopying room, and the restrooms.

She also showed me Mr. Reid's floor that consisted of his office, a small kitchen, my office, and a private bathroom.

"Well that's all I'll be showing you for today if you have any questions, you know where to find me, so any questions?"

"No, I'll go make Mr. Reid's coffee, I'm sure he's waiting for it"

"Then goodbye, for now, Julie, I'll see you later"

"Bye Paige" I waved as I walked towards my office to look around and gasped when I saw it.

It was a simple desk with an Apple computer and when I opened the drawer my eyes went wide, there was a new phone in it, I took it out and put it on the desk.

I opened the second drawer and found an assortment of stationery; notepads, pens, pencils, sticky notes, and a notebook.

I took a notepad and pencil out and hurried to make his coffee.

After making his coffee I knocked on his office door and heard a 'come in'.

"Sir, here's your coffee and will you please tell me what is needed to be done?"

"Place the coffee on my desk, first of all, I'd like you to fax these, insert these contacts into your computer, I have already made you an office account and when you're done with that get me a reservation at Bianca's, then come back into my office and start organizing these files alphabetically, did you get all that?"

"Yes sir," I said after I finished scribbling that down on my notepad, and a thought crossed my mind.

"Sir, what was that phone in my office?"
"It's a phone, Ms. Downs," He said looking at me like  I'm dumb.
"I'm aware of that sir but what is it for?"

"It's a new phone, it's a gift for joining the company, " I was about to say something but he cut me off.

"It's also so I can get a better reception whenever I need to contact you but you can use it for your personal needs as well"

I nodded.
"Yes sir, thank you, sir"
"You're dismissed, Ms. Downs"

I walked back to my office and turned on my computer, deciding to insert the contacts first then start faxing.

After about half an hour I sighed, this is going to be a long day.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Hey it's May!

So the first chapter!
What do you think? Should I continue or...
send me your feedback, I love reading your comments.

So thank you everyone for reading and as always I hope you Vote on that ⭐️ , Comment on that 💬 and share with your close buds.
Love ya 😘❤️✌️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 47K 42
#1 - Office love #12 - Secrets * * * "Such a pretty mouth should not tell any bad words. Next time you c...
970K 39.9K 25
Book 3 Johnathan Giordano, Italian billionaire. CEO of his family's business is a man feared by many for his known ice cold persona. He's as smooth i...
1.2M 39.1K 39
She was a beauty to behold. Never stepping out of house, her grandparents provided everything after her tragic past. But what if her past is catching...
1.5M 50.6K 76
Your cliqúe innocent love story with the twist of Billionaire CEO. 💝💝💝 Here, I was standing in front of him, half NAKED! Wearing his shirt. I pu...