Weightless (lashton au)

By jinsuols

"What would you do if I jumped off this bridge, right in front of your eyes?" "I'd jump with you." ***(Ok I... More

Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Sorry
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Helpppp
Chapter fourteen
Not an updatee
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Help!!
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty-one
Chapter twenty-two
Chapter twenty-three
Christmas ??
Merry Christmas, Kiss My Ass
Chapter twenty-four
Chapter twenty-five
Chapter twenty-six
Chapter twenty-seven
Chapter twenty-eight
Chapter twenty-nine
Hiiiii
Chapter thirty
MY LAME EXCUSES YAY
Chapter thirty-one
HI
Chapter thirty-two
Chapter thirty-three
Chapter thirty-four
Hello wattpad
HELP ME

Chapter one

60.6K 1.4K 652
By jinsuols

Hi! If u are reading one of my other fanfics, save me from the dark, and u commented that u liked the idea of this story, then hello this is chapter one and I hope it isn't disappointing lol but if u just so happened to run into this story then I'd like to say hi I'm Hannah and I'm addicted to lashton and bands xD that's all u really need to know about me for now sO LET'S GET STARTEDDD

EDIT: HEY GUYS! **IM GOING TO REWRITE THIS WHOLE STORY (and hopefully update) IT WHEN I HAVE A BREAK I'm rewriting this fic 2 years later because I want to make this story less shitty BUT DONT WORRY THE STORYLINE WONT CHANGE MUCH AT ALL I'm just rewriting it so it can have better descriptions and I won't lose the meaning of the story half way through it

---------------------------------------------

Luke's POV

After a long day of gigging in the crowded scene of downtown London, I noticed, startled, that it was just after dark and I was still sitting here. The chilly wind howled in my face and I shivered, although I had a coat on. I sighed at the terrible weather as I put my guitar back in its case and got up from the bench, which creaked a bit under my weight. Out of all of the benches in London, I ended up choosing the oldest and weakest one.

Today proved to not be my day once again as the clouds darkened over head, looking quite menacing.

Just two more blocks. I repeated in my head as I picked up the pace. The storm above me continued to brew and I swore I felt a drop of rain hit my eye. Shit, shit, shit.

I took a turn off of a familiar street and began to take the shorter way to my apartment building. This meant I had to cross the bridge, which I loved to do. I always thought the view was nice... From a distance, of course, but I would never get too close to the side rail just to see how far down the drop is.

The bridge is primarily used for cars to cross over, so I had to walk along the side. Although, I could probably get away with walking on any part of the bridge, since it seems as though I'm the only one out here. I wouldn't blame anyone for not wanting to be out right now. The wind has been picking up even more; whipping my face with a cold slap. The rain is beginning to fall in a slow patter on the pavement. Maybe if it wasn't so windy and cold I would find it rather soothing.

As I trudged along, hoping the wind wouldn't blow me away, I saw a dark figure in the distance. I squinted. What the fuck? I didn't know whether to feel comforted or scared by the fact I'm not the only one out here. As I got closer, I realized they were definitely on the wrong side of the rail.

I started to run. What if they fell? Or jumped? Why did I even care? Before I could think about the last question I reached the person, who's back was turned to me.

"Hey!" I yelled over the howling wind at the them, and they were gripping the rail like it was their life line. Well, it was. I seemed to have startled the guy, so they slipped a bit, which caused my heart to skip a beat. They quickly turned their head, and I could see the tears dripping down his cheeks. His brown curly hair was messy, and he only had a sweater and skinny jeans on. I stupidly wondered if he was cold in just those clothes.

"Leave me alone, no one cares about me! I don't even know you!" His voice cracked as more tears fell. My heart ached for the stranger. Whoever made this guy hate himself so much that he'd take his own life needs to seriously rethink their priorities.

"Please, just think about what you're about to do! Won't you regret it?" I found myself yelling even louder over the mixture of wind and rain, and I held on to my guitar and jacket even tighter to make sure they didn't end up blowing away. He looked at me weirdly.

"If I knew I'd regret it then I wouldn't be standing here. I have no hope and no future, so what's the point in me living?" I stepped closer to him, but not enough for him to freak out and slip up.

"If you're strong enough to jump off this bridge then you're strong enough to live! Don't you dare just give up on you're life, not now and not ever. Maybe it hasn't been going well, but I promise you one day you'll be okay." I had no idea where those words came from, but they came out like rapid fire. I was afraid the boy wouldn't believe me. He looked conflicted as he gulped and looked down at how far the drop was.

"Please, give me your hand." I reached out for him, and he turned to me, wiping away at the rain and his tears. He frowned a little, but he grasped my hand and I helped haul him over the railing. I internally cheered as he safely landed on the ground.

Once I got a good look at him, I smiled to myself. He was cute, in like a nerdy and innocent way.

The boy immediately began to walk away from me until I stopped him.

"Hey! Where are you going? No 'thank you'?"

"You weren't exactly doing me a favor." He scoffed, trying to get away from me. Once he realized what he just said, I saw a blush form on his cheeks.

"I'm sorry I--" I just nodded at him.

"It's fine. You have every right to be mad at me." He frowned again. He seemed to do that a lot.

"But you took time out of your day to help me. Certainly I should be saying sorry to you." He bit his lip, and he began walking again. Instead of stopping him, I walked next to him.

"Where are you going?" I inquired, as he took off his glasses to wipe the rain off of the lenses.

"Home."

"Where might that be?" He smiled a little.

"I'm not supposed to tell attractive strangers where I live." He sounded a bit cocky, but in an instant he started to blush again.

"I didn't mean that--"

"No, it's alright. You don't have to apologize." I thought about winking at him, but I remembered that he just tried to take his own life.

"So... Why did you feel like your life didn't matter enough to-- y'know." He glanced up at me.

"I, um-- it doesn't matter." I decided not to push him.

I looked up and noticed we had walked all the way to my apartment building. I started to laugh a bit.

"What's so funny?" I smiled down at him.

"I accidentally led you to my apartment." He looked exhausted and worried as he chewed on his lip.

"I live across town, and the storm hasn't stopped! Oh my god, oh my god I'm gonna catch pneumonia--" I chuckled. This guy changes his mood every second.

"You could stay the night at my place, if you want." His face turned red.

"I don't want to be any trouble."

I had to reassure him that he wouldn't be a burden, and that I am not gonna kill him in his sleep before he went inside with me.

I twirled my key around on my finger as I pressed the button for the elevator. Suddenly, I felt him poke my shoulder. I turned around and was confused by his worried expression.

"Um-- I don't like elevators." I raised my eyebrows.

"Why not?" He pushed his glasses up nervously.

"Well, uh, I kind of got stuck in one for two hours and ever since then I vowed never to step foot into an elevator ever again." I sighed.

"Well then I hope you're up for five flights of stairs." I winced at myself. God, I sounded like such an asshole. As we went up the stairs I apologized to him for sounding like a jerk. He just shrugged and told me he didn't mind. I barely know the boy, but he was too nice for his own good.

*******(time skip)

We were both wheezing as I opened my door.

"It's not much, but it's home." He smiled as he looked around.

"It's cute." I grinned as I kicked my shoes off and set my guitar against the wall. After I took my coat off and threw it in the closet, I looked over at the boy, who was still awkwardly standing at the door.

"Don't be afraid to make yourself at home. I don't bite." I jokingly pretended to bite the air, and the cutest laugh escaped his mouth. I decided that I liked making him laugh. I watched as he hesitantly took his shoes off.

"Um, my clothes are wet and I don't want to ruin your carpet so uh--"

"Oh yeah sorry, you can borrow some of my clothes if you want." He nodded shyly at me and I took that as a yes, so I started to rummage through my clothes. I didn't want to embarrass him by asking what his size was, so I just found the smallest clothes I had, since he looked a little smaller than me.

I handed him the clothes and he changed in the bathroom while I just quickly changed out here.

I found myself waiting for the boy, so I sat down on the one couch in the room. What's taking so long?

I got up and was about to knock on the door when it swung open, and he ran right into me. He sprung back, blushing.

"I'm sorry oh my god I--" I sighed softly.

"You apologize too much." He shrugged.

"I can't help it."

Once we went back into the living room/bedroom (it was only a one room apartment) I noticed that my clothes were still too big for him. The sleeves extended past his hands, and the pajama pants were even baggier than normal. He honestly looked extremely adorable and I had to resist the urge to cuddle him. I didn't want to take any of my thoughts about him very seriously. I was just tired, that's all.

"You can sleep on the bed and I'll be on the couch." He looked like he wanted to argue, but he was so tired that he flopped down on my bed. I chuckled.

Right before we were both about to fall asleep, I spoke up.

"I don't think you ever told me your name." I heard the boy shuffle around.

"It's Ashton." I smiled. Even his name was cute. I internally scolded myself for thinking Ashton was adorable.

"I'm Luke, by the way." I could make out his sleepy smile through the darkness.

"Well, goodnight Luke."

"Goodnight, Ashton."

----------------------------------------

Edit: so this isn't the rewrite it's the original (obviously) and I decided to hold back on rewriting immediately because once I rewrite this chapter then I'll have to rewrite all 30+ chapters and I just don't have time to do that while I have school so yeah

~Hannah

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

271K 4K 73
5sos imagines i write are compiled here. have a nice day! x
570 40 20
Please enjoy your stay. Your secrets are safe with us.
16.2K 314 128
So these are my own stuff from my human brain and requests so message me who ya want and all that stuff XD Also if you want to read my Luke fan ficti...
786K 28.3K 28
❝ you're the only boy who's ever made me forget about all the bad, you're my distraction ❞ © hemmkinks **warning: deals with depression/self harm/su...