A Secret Unraveled (Assassina...

By EmeraldsDeathHallows

Shiniko Kuroshira, the girl with a mysterious past, with many events in her life that she doesn't want to spe... More

A/N: Finished Version on My Acc
Character Appearance/Description
Prologue
Chapter 1: Adventure Time
Chapter 2: School Time
Chapter 3: School Time Pt.2
Chapter 4: School Time Pt.3
Chapter 5: Fun Time
Chapter 6: Departure Time
Chapter 7: Decision Time
Chapter 8: New Beginning Time
Chapter 9: Packing Time
Chapter 10: Cleaning Time
Chapter 11: Days Off Time
Chapter 12: Down Time
Chapter 13: Watching Time
Chapter 14: Introduction/Karma Time
Chapter 13: Grown Up Time
Chapter 14: Assembly Time
Chapter 15: Test Time
Chapter 16: School Trip Time/1st Period
Chapter 17: School Trip Time/2nd Period
Chapter 18: Transfer Student Time
Chapter 19: L and R Time
Chapter 20: Transfer Student Time/2nd Period
Chapter 21: Ball Game Tournament Time
Chapter 23: Vision Time
Chapter 24: End-of-Term Time
Chapter 25: School's Out/1st Term
Chapter 26: Island Time
Chapter 27: Action Time
Chapter 28: Pandemonium Time
Chapter 29: Karma Time/2nd Period
Chapter 29: XX Time
Chapter 30: Nagisa Time
Chapter 31: Summer Festival Time
A/N: Finished Version on My Acc

Chapter 22: Talent Time

1.8K 48 16
By EmeraldsDeathHallows

At the moment, everyone was on the field practicing. Shiniko was sitting on the stairs that lead down to the field, with a clipboard. Her job was to evaluate everyone's skill and take notes on where they're excelling or need improvement. So far everyone was doing fine, but there are some students that stand out, out of everyone.

Isogai and Maehara: catlike reflexes, best when working together, often as not, blades are bound to strike.

Karma: at first glance seems lazy, but has instincts of killer.

Okano: gymnastic skills makes it hard to predict next move.

Kataoka: has the reach and momentum of male counterpart.

When she finished writing that down, she watched as the rest of them practiced. Soon, she felt a strong wave of bloodlust and Karasuma felt it too. Karasuma flipped Nagisa onto his back out of instinct. Everyone looked over to see Nagisa on the ground and in a bit of pain.

"Nagisa are you okay?" Shiniko asked.

"I'm fine," He reassured and Shiniko took down a few notes.

Nagisa: hidden bloodlust beyond imaginable, yet doesn't know it.

Karasuma gasped at what he had just done without realizing it, "Sorry! That block was a little over the top." He apologized.

"Ah. I'm good, no worries." He reassured again.

As he walked up the stairs, Shiniko said something to Karasuma that was inaudible to the rest of the class, "You felt it, didn't you?" She asked as she handed him the clipboard, Karasuma nodded and  continued up the stairs.

"Hey, hey, Karasuma!" A really pudgy man with many bags called out.

"Takaoka?" Karasuma questioned.

"Yo! Name's Akira Takaoka and I'm here to give your gym teacher a hand. Please to meet 'cha gang! So, whaddya say? Ready to have fun?" He introduced himself to the class. Already Shiniko could tell there's something up with this very pudgy man. She went to join the rest of the class on the field.

He went to the field and stared taking things out of his bags, turns out they were pastries from some of the more pricier bakeries.

"Um, these look sorta pricy, sir. Are you sure?" Isogai asked.

"Yeah! Chow down, kiddos! I didn't break the bank so we could stare at these babies all day!" Takaoka exclaimed with a smile.

"You really know your way around brand name sweets, don't 'cha?" Yada complimented, "Nice."

"Trust me. When it comes to the good stuff, it's love." His face lit up and he had his tongue out.

"Trust you? Like hell I would. But I can trust those mouth watering treats of yours." Shiniko thought taking one of the pastries and eating happily.

"So, you're gonna take over PE to help Mr. Karasuma get caught up?" Nagisa asked holding a chocolate éclair.

"Yep! Those are my marchin' orders from the brass at HQ. Poor guy needs some time to himself-" He answered, then saw Koro-sensei behind him all pink and drooling. "Ah! And this fella must be Koro-sensei. Please, help yourself." He offered, as a waterfall of drool came pouring out his mouth and disgusted everyone. "Heh. Don't want to die on an empty stomach." Takaoka started laughing.

"You know, sir, for being colleagues, you and Mr. Karasuma are like night and day." Kimura commented.

"He's nice to us and all, but you're like the neighbourhood dad." Hara joined in.

"Yeah, sure. A sketchy neighbourhood dad sounds more like it," Shiniko thought.

Takaoka laughed, " "Dad". I like the sound of that!" He wrapped his arms around Mimura and Nakamura, "Life's too short to spend it with people ya think of as family, am I right, gang?" Takaoka, as well as the class, except Shiniko laughed. Karasuma was watching from the doorway.

The next day.

"All right, everybody here? Now, things are gonna be tougher than usual, but stick it out like the champs I know you are and we're talkin' more sweets!" Takaoka exclaimed.

"For us, or are you really just saving them for yourself?" Nakamura questioned.

"Nope, nope. Don't wanna ruin this girlish figure." He joked and everyone laughed.

Shiniko was watching from the faculty lounge since she had a real bad feeling about this guy.

"How are you kosher with this idiot? If he was a toupee, a chinstrap couldn't make him look phonier. Even Karma could tell, and he's not even here today. Shiniko as well, she can tell something's up." Irina complained.

"Look, he and I go back to the Airborne Brigade. We're not best friends or anything, but based on the information I have, he's a great teacher." Karasuma answered without taking his eyes off the screen. "Young people respond to him. He speaks their language. That's what you want in an educator. I think maybe I've been going about this the wrong way. My approach was to draw a line, stay professional, but taking on the role of father figure might be more effective." He explained.

Shiniko heard him open a new file on his laptop, followed by a terrified gasp. Shiniko went behind Karasuma to see what he was seeing. What she saw horrified her. It brought back unwanted memories. She rushed out the window and without anyone noticing, she climbed in a tree closest to where they were sitting.

By the time she finished her climb, she heard many students complain about the new schedule. Ten periods altogether and they train 'til 9pm.

"Wait. Hold up, hold up. This is ridiculous! First off, this is school. We gotta think about grades, too." Maehara complained, "I mean, c'mon! We can't go by this. When  are we supposed to stu-" Takaoka grabbed his head with a single hand and kneed him, hard, over his knee. 

"Dammit, I knew it!" Shiniko thought angrily as she jumped off the tree and went back to the faculty lounge to spill the beans to Karasuma.

"Karasuma!" Shiniko came in and caught her breath, "It's Takaoka, He's not who you think he is!" She warned and told him what happened. When he finished telling him the story, she opened the window, allowing them to get a full view of the class. The first thing they saw, was Kanzaki getting slapped across the face. Karasuma, who ended up getting out using the window followed by Shiniko, and rushed to the class.

"Stop it!" Karasuma shouted and ran towards Kanzaki. "Hey, did he twist your neck? Try moving your neck side to side."

"I'll be okay." Kanzaki said quietly.

"What about you?" He asked Maehara, who was clenching his stomach in pain.

"Eh. I'll survive." He answered.

"See? We're fine! Don't go gettin' your boxers in a wad. I'm not gonna go full throttle on my beloved fam!" Takaoka said as if that will lighten the mood.

"Correct." A very red and furious Koro-sensei said, "Except they're not your "fam". They're my students." His eyes glowed red. "Whatever you've been filling their heads with while my back was turned, it stops now." He growled.

"Ha. Sorry, big guy. This isn't your class.  You teach your subjects, I'll teach mine. In Phys Ed, I call the shots. Nothing I've done falls outside acceptable corporal punishment. I gotta train these kids to kill you. That doesn't leave me a lotta time. I don't have the luxury of goin' easy on 'em. What, are you gonna attack me? Over a dispute about educational philosophy? 'Cause if that's what this is, you just don't care for the way I teach." He argued, as Koro-sensei popped a few more veins, knowing he was right.

As Takaoka continued his training, Shiniko, Karasuma, and Koro-sensei were sitting on the stairs watching them, Irina was standing behind them, in case Takaoka tried to hurt them again.

"He's going to destroy them physically and spiritually." Shiniko said pitifully.

"You're right. And he's right, I don't care for it, but civility dictates I let him teach as he sees fit." Koro-sensei said, "That's why I'm counting on you. You're on par with this fellow, are ya not? I need you to shut him down." He said to Karasuma.

The students complained as they were doing their ridiculous amount of 300 squats.

"Mr. Karasuma, please," Takaoka heard Kurahashi plead and walked over to her.

Karasuma, knowing what he would do, went up behind him, and as Takaoka was about to throw his punch, Karasuma grasped his arm.

"That's enough. If you hurt these kids, then you'll have to answer to me." Karasuma said seriously.

"Here's what I purpose. Cherry pick your star pupils out of the students you've trained by your methods. Set 'em on me, and if their knife so much as grazes my aura, I'll concede that the way you train is superior to mine." He said opening his camo patterned bag and started to take out a few things, "No fuss. No back pedaling. I'll pack it in and leave. We won't be using these, though. No, sir, we won't." He said wiggling the anti-sensei knife and threw it on the ground. He took out a real knife and stabbed it in to the anti-sensei one. "When the object is to kill a human being, you can't rely on toys. So we'll be using the real McCoy." He stated.

"Yeah, no shit. He's gone insane." Shiniko thought and walked up to the rest of the class to join in.

"This is ridiculous!" Karasuma exclaimed, "These kids aren't prepared to take down a real human being, and you know it!" He argued.

"They ain't gotta kill nothin', just come close. And I'll do you a solid by defending myself barehanded." He said, still looking insane. "What're you waiting for? Pick yourself a champion. Or save us the headache and agree to let me run this show from now on." He dropped the knife on the ground, it stabbed through the dirt in front of Karasuma.

"You're the only headache here." Shiniko grumbled under her breath.

"What was that, girly!" Takaoka yelled upon hearing her words, "You just volunteered yourself!"

"I accept your challenge. But, you said, "Pick your star pupils". So that means I get a partner." Shiniko said confidently, earning a few gasps from her classmates and a few questions that she didn't answer.

Karasuma was silent and didn't do anything, but then he picked up the knife and faced the class. Shiniko signaled him to get over here, which he did. They had a concise, but serious talk.

"What is it?" Karasuma asked.

"Out of everyone in our class, the other student who's capable of pulling this off is Nagisa. You felt that boy's bloodlust, right? He's the one." Shiniko said, suggesting that Nagisa should be her partner. "And if anything goes wrong, I can take him out." She added.

"Fine. But still, be careful out there and make sure he doesn't get hurt." Karasuma instructed and they both walked back to the group.

"Nagisa. You're up." Karasuma said, looking down at the blue-haired boy, shocking the class. "In my eyes, we're all fellow soldiers on a mission to save Earth from destruction. Whatever our differences are, we share that goal. So if you don't feel comfortable, you don't have to take up the knife. Our duty as teachers is to prepare you for life, not force you into it kicking and screaming." Karasuma finished his speech still staring into Nagisa's eyes.

Nagisa stayed quiet for a few moments thinking to himself, then he hesitantly took the knife which shocked the class again. "I'll do it." He said and held the blade in his mouth as he warmed up. Shiniko was next to him whispering her plan to him.

There were questions firing from the students and many concerned looks.

Takaoka threw his jacket to the ground, "Ready when you are."

Nagisa and Shiniko went into a fighting stance with their knives up.

"You ready?" Shiniko whispered to him, after what felt like an eternity for her.

"Yeah," He whispered back.

They both put their knives by their side, put a smile on their face like it was a normal day, and began walking up to like they were walking to school.

They totally caught Takaoka off guard with that approach, when they were in front of him, they waited for a second and slashed the knives in front of his face, making him lose his balance.

The duo let out their hidden bloodlust as they pushed him down, scaring the crap out of him. Nagisa was behind him, covering his eyes and his blade was on his neck. Shiniko was on top of his mountain of a belly and the tip of her blade ever so slightly touched his Adam's apple.

"Looks like we win." The duo said together.

The whole class was shook.

"Oh, wait a second." He snapped out of his thoughts, "Was I s'posed to use the back of my knife?" He asked.

"Dunno," Shiniko lied and stood up, weapon still in hand.

"I'll take those, thank you." Koro-sensei said taking the knives out of their hands. "Game set and match, Mr. Karasuma. Outrageous!" He said while eating the knives, "Giving two of my students real knives! Have you lost your marbles? They could've been hurt, or worst!" He scolded and Nagisa and Shiniko chuckled.

Shiniko held her hand out at Nagisa, "Good job." She congratulated with a smile.

"You too." Nagisa said in return and grabbed on to get up.

The class ran up to the two and started chattering.

"Easy, guys. Let's not make a big deal out of it, okay? I just did what Mr. Karasuma told me to do, that's all. And Shiniko was the one who made the plan." Nagisa said awkwardly.

Maehara walked up to the both of them, and slapped Nagisa and pinched Shiniko's cheek at the same time.

"Ow! What was that for?" They asked in union, holding their now red cheeks.

"Sorry, uh... I needed to make sure that was you." Maehara answered, putting an arm around their neck, "Sincerely, though. You guys were awesome! That whole ordeal was a total rush!" He praised.

The other students joined in as well.

Takaoka got up and turned to face to class, "You ungrateful punks! You think it's fun shaming your father figure, huh? Having the time of your lives pretending you've won?! Hope it was worth it 'cause daddy's about to rip you apart. Mind, body, and soul!" He threatened angrily, his face red, his hair all risen up and eyes like an insane person, well that's what he is sooo....

"Not gonna lie, if we went for a round two, we'd lose." Nagisa stated.

"I wouldn't." Shiniko thought.

"But I'll tell you something." He continued, "Whatever you do, you're not the boss of us. Mr. Karasuma is our PE teacher. That's all there is to it. When you try to be our dad, it just makes us feel like children. Mr. Karasuma may come off as all business, but he treats us as equals. He's approachable, he's cool, and he's got nothing to prove. Thanks for trying, but he's the Class Dad." Nagisa finished and bowed as a sign of apology.

"What's with these people and their long, ass speeches, jeez." Shiniko thought.

Takaoka was infuriated, he was shaking in anger.

"Am I the Class Mom?" Professor Bitch asked all of a sudden, no one answered.

Takaoka started threatening them and was about to take that anger out on Nagisa, but before he could do any harm Karasuma elbowed him so hard he fell backwards.

"I'll negotiate with my superiors to put things back the way they were." Karasuma said.

"It's gonna take more than that to be done with me!" Takaoka exclaimed.

"Ugh, he's still not down yet?" Shiniko though, a little annoyed.

"You'll get this job over my dead body-!" He continued, but was interrupted.

"That won't be necessary" A voice said behind them, making everyone turn to the source of the sound, and it was none other than the principal himself.

He walked over to Takaoka, "I trust you'll forgive the intrusion, everyone. I came to see our new hire in action. And it must be said," He grabbed Takaoka by the jaw, scaring him, "Your methods are nothing short of a travesty."

He held up a piece of paper, then his aura turn dark and controlling, Shiniko got the same chill again, "Granted, fear is the engine of education, but a teacher able to instill fear only through violence is nothing but a brute." He stated and shoved the paper into Takaoka's face hole, but to Shiniko, she saw squirming centipedes go in his mouth.

"So this was what Shuu meant..." Shiniko thought, as she remembered what her brother had told her awhile ago.

"And I do not employ brutes." He made it clear.

"But I was only trying to-" Takaoka didn't finish.

"Your walking papers. The Ministry of Defence does not call the shots here and I intend to keep it that way." Principal Asano said walking away. "This is my school and my school alone. Remember that."

"Damn it. Damn it. Damn it!" Takaoka kept repeating and grabbed his bag and ran away like a little crybaby.

All the students erupted in cheers as Karasuma was their PE teacher again.

After they were done celebrating, the class went up to the conversing teachers.

"Mr. Karasuma, sir?" Nakamura asked ever so innocently, "We were wondering, since we kind of got your job back you and all, maybe we've got something in the way of a li'l thank you coming?"

"Yeah. Mr. Takaoka would've given us a bunch of sweets for being so good." Kurahashi added.

"Well now, I'm not much of a connoisseur." He started to dig at his pocket and pulled out his wallet, "But I guess you could buy your-"

"Yoink!" Professor Bitch and Shiniko said and did the same thing, they took Karasuma's wallet.

The students started cheering.

"Uh, surely I deserve some thanks, too?" Koro-sensei asked.

"For what? You've been on the sidelines the whole time," Shiniko said and made Koro-sensei panic.

As he was freaking out since he wasn't getting  any treats, the class started to get moving.

Koro-sensei was on his tentacles and all, he started to slowly grovel behind them, and when they noticed, he sped up repeating 'please' the whole time.

They didn't let him go.

That same evening, when Shiniko got home, he called Koro-sensei over to get something. He flew over in no time. Shiniko gave him a few treats that she chose out for him from each shop they went to. Koro-sensei thanked her before flying off and enjoyed his treats that his student and friend got for him elsewhere.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

356K 13K 31
Nagisa Shiota isn't normal. His mother is abusive towards him, and he has terrifying bloodlust. However, Nagisa's life has just changed at an alarmin...
215K 6.2K 49
*ALL CHARACTERS BESIDES YOU AND ANY OC'S BELONG TO YŪSEI MATSUI!* L/n Y/n was a learning assassin in class 3-E along with her classmates. In her seco...
31K 675 20
Class 3-E has their own secrets. Yours has the potential to change the fate of humanity. With Karma nagging on you along with your other classmates...
926 37 12
The spin-off to my story, Secrets...'. This story follows the alternate universe (AU) of Assassination Classroom, Koro-Q. Anyways I hope you enjoy th...