I'll Keep This Secret For You

By bucky_star

As an eighteen year old girl in Brooklyn, New York in the 1930's, falling pregnant unplanned is not on your a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Author's Note
Chapter 65
Sneak Peak
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Surprise!
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Author's Note
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Important Authors Note!
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Authors Note
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Author's Note
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Author's Note
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Epilogue
MISSING CHAPTER
Author's Note

Chapter 27

3.9K 96 55
By bucky_star

Bucky comes and plonks himself beside you as he starts to wrap his knuckles, getting ready for a sparring session with Steve.

"Now remember." He he says slowly as he winds a bandage around his metal hand; the only reason he does that hand is for the protection of others. "Even if it looks like we are hurting each other we aren't, so don't freak out."

"Okay." You nod.

"Good." He smiles.

But then you see him lift up his flesh hand and as he flexes it he winces. Just as he's about to start wrapping it you grab it and stop him.

"Buck!" You gasp as you examine it.

It's puffy and bruised and there are grazes on each of his knuckles.

"What?" He shrugs.

"You're hand!" you exclaim worried.

"It doesn't hurt." He shrugs.

You give him a look. "Then why did you just wince?"

"Look." He sighs. "It's just what happens when you punch someone."

And with that he gets up and goes over to Steve. You can't help but shudder at his words.

"Don't worry about him, he's going to be fine," Peggy murmurs from beside you. "He was merely just protecting his son, as any father would. He just doesn't know the full extent of his abilities yet. You said for yourself, he scared himself."

You nod trying to convince yourself. You told Peggy all about what happened yesterday after she came running up to you frantically after reading about it in the paper.

"And like you were saying earlier, he's more like his old self again now right? It's a distraction from his thoughts and he's doing it for the right reasons," she continues.

"You're right." You nod in agreement.

You watch as Bucky strides over to Steve who is waiting for him, leaning against a rail with a cocky smirk on his face.

"Took your time? You putting things off because you're too scared?" You hear Steve say.

"Now now punk, its good to see you have hope but don't get too confident because I'm about to kick your ass," Bucky shoots back.

"Pathetic aren't they?" Peggy shakes her head.

"Come on boys! That's enough with the smack talk! Let's get to the fighting." Howard Stark shouts from one of the benches near yours.

You turn around and look at him laughing. "Strange, they look like grown men but they're acting like children."

"Perhaps the serum affected their brains in the wrong way," he jokes.

"Yeah Stevie come on, stop mucking around and let's go," Bucky teases, taking up his stance, bouncing on his toes and banging his hands together to hype himself up.

Quickly they start sparring, throwing punches and kicking each other. However, soon enough one of the trainers comes in holding up an array of guns and knives and other weapons.

"Okay guys weapons are up for grabs now!" He shouts to them.

You gasp in fright at this.

"Don't worry, they aren't real. They're made of rubber and fake," Peggy whispers sensing your concern.

"The guns don't actually fire either. They're just to simulate an actual fight. You watch, in order to get the weapons too they have to continue fighting whilst trying to get them, which is a possible situation in a fight. It's all to help them keep improving," Howard explains as he suddenly comes to sit beside you.

"Oh I see." You nod.

"I don't think we've officially met, I'm Howard, Howard Stark," he says and sticks out his hand.

"(Y/N) Barnes, Bucky's told me all about you." You smile and shake his hand.

"He says a lot of stuff about you too, all good might I add," he says. "And I want you to know that that arm of his is one of my proudest achievements; the way it can move, feel, and replicate an actual arm so well. When it comes to the upkeep of that arm I will give it my best care, most up to date technology and my utmost attention."

"Oh, thank you," you mumble not really knowing what else to say.

You continue watching the fight, it's very interesting. Both men are clearly very evenly matched in all aspects of the fight. Both seemed very relaxed in their movements as in they know what they're doing.

"You guys are doing a good job with them, it hasn't been that long and they look so skilled and strong and sure," you point out.

"It's all on them." Howard shrugs. "They're very determined people."

You're beginning to think that this fight could go on forever because of not only the fact that no one seems to have a clear upper hand, but because of their incredible stamina. Neither seem that tired, in fact both seem as if they could just keep going and going, especially since they're so competitive.

Until finally when Steve goes to hit Bucky with a right hook, Bucky manages to duck and swing his leg out, tripping Steve over so that he falls to the floor. In a flash before he can even recover Bucky is on top of him, straddling him and pinning him yo the ground with his thighs, holding a gun to his head and a knife to his throat.

You tense up a little shocked as they glare at each other for a few seconds but then just like that they snap out of it and Steve bursts out laughing, pushing Bucky off of him who collapses beside him on his back laughing huskily and gasping for breath.

"Took you long enough," Howard shouts to them teasingly.

"I let you win that one jerk." Steve huffs.

"Whatever Stevie keep dreaming." Bucky scoffs, his chest heaving.

"We're having a meeting with them after this if you'd like to stay along," Peggy says with a hint of guilt in her eyes.

"Oh no, I need to get going. I have to pick up the kids. I can't leave them with my mother all day." You shake your head.

"You sure? It's quite important," she urges.

"I really should get the kids. Bucky can tell me about it when he gets home. Trust me Peg, you'll understand in a few months." You smile and pat your rounding tummy. "You won't want to be away from your baby for more than a few seconds."

Peggy lights up with excitement. "Okay, see you later." She sighs.

"Bye now, nice to meet you Howard." You wave as you stand up and start walking out. "Bye guys!" You yell to the two men still laying on the sparring mat.

"Aw! Where are you going?" Bucky pouts in a pathetic, exhausted voice.

"To pick up the kids," you say in a duh tone.

"Without giving me a goodbye kiss?" He quirks an eyebrow.

"Why don't you get off your lazy ass and come give me, your pregnant wife, one?" you tease.

"Cos I'm too tired." He wines.

"Try being pregnant," you say sassily. "Steve I think you need to train him a little harder," you joke and with that you leave to the sound of everyone laughing.

"Hey!" You hear Bucky exclaim defensively.

~~~~

It's late. You haven't heard from or seen Bucky since the training session and you are beginning to get increasingly worried. Surely the meeting wouldn't take this long right? No matter how important?

Luke and Isla are all upset because you sent them to bed without getting to say goodnight to their dad and they always love his bedtime stories and kisses goodnight.

You're too concerned to bother trying to sleep. Something just doesn't seem right. If he was going out he would tell you that he would be late.

Now you find yourself sitting up waiting and hoping. You sit in the kitchen in silence, rubbing your belly nervously with nothing but the dim light in the lounge on and with your elbow on the table you rest your head on your palm.

It's after midnight when Bucky finally shows up home, with bright red eyes and absolutely reeking of alcohol and smoke.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7K 136 19
*** ON HOLD FOR A WHILE *** You are Y/N Stark, daughter of one of the most famous and rich men in the world: Tony Stark. After taking a break for a y...
437K 11.9K 44
An Avengers Bucky Barnes x OC Story **SMUTS** You hated Hydra, and everything associated with them. So you absolutely detested the fact that the Ave...
1.3K 85 19
"𝙸 πšπš˜πš—'𝚝 πš πšŠπš—πš—πšŠ 𝚜𝚊𝚒 πšπš˜πš˜πšπš‹πš’πšŽ '𝚌𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚎 πšπš‘πš’πšœ πš˜πš—πšŽ πš–πšŽπšŠπš—πšœ πšπš˜πš›πšŽπšŸπšŽπš›." ───── β‹†β‹…β˜†β‹…β‹† ───── Born November 11th 1917, Ele...
29.8K 1.3K 8
Short Story X reader of the one and Only James B. Barnes. You're a doctor living in New York, doing your best to help injured veterans adjust to thei...