I'll Keep This Secret For You

By bucky_star

As an eighteen year old girl in Brooklyn, New York in the 1930's, falling pregnant unplanned is not on your a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Author's Note
Chapter 65
Sneak Peak
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Surprise!
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Author's Note
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Important Authors Note!
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Authors Note
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Author's Note
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Author's Note
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Epilogue
MISSING CHAPTER
Author's Note

Chapter 16

5.8K 140 58
By bucky_star

"Come on doll." He says in a low voice with a loving look in his eyes. "Let's head home. I'm dying to see it and we've got a lot to talk about."

"That sounds like the perfect idea." You smile softly up at him and snuggle into his side.

Isla seems extremely happy in his arms so you leave her be while Luke sticks close to his side. You grab his bag for him in your free hand.

"Hey Steve, we're going to head off now." Bucky calls over to Steve.

"Good idea, I think we will look at doing that soon too." Steve waves back.

"See you later then." Bucky replies and tips his hat at him.

He lives just down the road from you guys so no doubt you'll probably see him very soon.

"Bye Steve it was so good to see you!" You shout out to him.

"Bye now (Y/N)." He smiles.

"We?" You murmur to Bucky as you start to walk off.

"Steve managed to find a girl in Peggy Carter." Bucky smirks. "She's come back to America to live with him."

"Oh that's great for him!" You exclaim. "She seems lovely.

"She's perfect for him." Bucky nods and leans down to press a kiss to your forehead.

You sigh contently and lean into his side. By now you are out if the way of the train station and walking peacefully down the street.

Finally. This is all you have wanted since the day you found out you were pregnant with Isla. For the four of you to be able to be together happily.

Luke runs off ahead and you keep a close eye on him. But when he comes up to a place where he has to go across a street, you nervously break away from Bucky and go to catch up to him.

"Luke! Come back here with us please." You say as you grab his hand.

When you turn back around to face Bucky who is now walking towards you you can't help but notice that he seems to be limping on his left side, or at least walking with some kind of swagger.

"You're limping." You state.

"What? Oh, it's nothing." He shrugs.

"Are you okay? I thought you were better?" You frown.

"No I'm fine, just a little stiff is all." He brushes it off.

"Okay." You say unsurely as he wraps his arm over your shoulder again and you carry on walking.

You're hardly even in the door when Luke is on your case.

"Can we go do something please?" He wines.

You see Bucky flick you a look as if to say 'no I really need to talk to you'. And frankly you want to talk to him too.

"Luke maybe tomorrow, dad's probably really tired and needs to rest after his long journey sorry sweetie." You sigh.

"Aw but I really want to hang out with him!" Luke pouts. "I haven't seen him in like three years!"

"Sorry son, I promise we will do something together tomorrow but today I just need time to unpack and talk to your mother." Bucky huffs and rests a hand on his shoulder.

Luke just pouts even harder and does puppy dog eyes.

"I'll let you pick what we do?" Bucky tries to reason.

"Okay!" Luke beams suddenly perking up.

"Thank you Luke. Now go ahead and do your homework. Bucky will come see you soon." You day softly to him and usher him inside, in a rush to get to talk to Bucky alone.

"And you little miss, you look like you could use a nap." You grunt as you take her from Bucky where she is resting her head on his shoulder with heavy eyelids.

Bucky let's you take her and you go put her down in her small bed before coming back out to the lounge.

"Steve sent me that drawing we've got hanging up over the fireplace. He sent after we- after we thought you had died." You say quietly, your breath hitching in the middle of the sentence. "He said he drew it for you and that we might want it. It's my favourite thing. It was the only image that wasn't just in my mind of our family all together."

You see Bucky just standing up from placing his bag in the corner and his face lights up when he spots it.

"Oh my gosh I though I lost it!" He exclaims as he reaches out to touch it. "This was all I had besides all the photos to hold onto during the war that had all of us together."

He seems so happy for a few seconds but when he turns to face you he just stops. His bottom lip quivers and his eyes soften.

This is it. This is what you have been waiting for. There are no cameras. No children. No distractions. You can finally just talk.

Suddenly it hits you and you feel the same way that he looks. All the heartbreak and emotion that you have bottled up over the last few years just bursts over the dam of your willpower and floods out.

You rush into his already open, waiting arms, already crying before you even get there. You bury your head in his chest to muffle your sobs, quickly dampening his shirt. You feel him rest his head on your shoulder, his face hiding in the crook of your neck.

The two of you stand there just crying for a few silent minutes. Your bodies shuddering together, sobs wracking your bodies. His arms completely enveloping you and your hands hanging limply together at the base of his back. It's not long before you feel his hot wet tears dripping on the exposed skin at the nape of your neck.

"Oh Bucky I missed you so much." You whimper after a while.

"I missed you too doll." He says hoarsely.

"It's been so hard." You cry, gradually pulling away to look up at him through watery eyes.

"I know doll, I know. I'm sorry." He sighs.

"Don't be sorry Bucky it's not your fault!" You laugh slightly through your tears. "It was probably even harder for you, being cut off from us."

"It was lonely I'll tell you that much." He huffs. "It's strange. You're surrounded by all these men. Men you know call your friends yet at times you feel like you've got no one to talk to."

"Oh Bucky." You sob after hearing his words. "I'm so sorry. For everything. I'm sorry that you had to go. I'm sorry for what you went through. I'm sorry for what happened to you. It must've been so awful."

"Hey hey, it's okay doll. All that matters is that we are here together now." He hushes you and uses his right hand to tilt your chin up so that you are looking him in the eyes.

Those beautiful, magical blue grey eyes of his.

Next thing you know his lips are on yours. Softly at first but it is a kiss that quickly grows with much passion. Possibly even more so then the last if that is even possible, now that your hidden away in privacy.

He moves his left hand to lace it with yours and entwines your fingers together. It is at this moment when you feel the contrast between cold, rough leather and soft, warm skin that you are reminded that he is wearing a glove.

"Bucky." You gasp reluctantly pulling your lips apart. "Why are you wearing one glove?"

You see his eyes darken somewhat before he answers.

"I guess that's my cue to explain." He mumbles. "Let's sit down."

You nod quietly and do as he says. Expecting that he will take his glove off  you wait, but instead he just takes your hand in his and rests it in your lap.

"Now a lot of this is going to be hard for you to hear. But please just listen and then ask questions. I promise I'll tell you everything you want to know. It's a lot to take in and it will be very confusing. I'm so sorry for this." He says gravely.

"Bucky it's okay. Just tell me." You smile softly and look deeply into his eyes.

"Okay." He sighs and closes his eyes, taking a deep breath before continuing. "So, as you must know already I was captured by Hydra, the Nazi science division and they experimented on me with serums that they wanted to make to match Steve's abilities. It was pretty much torture."

"Oh Bucky." You gasp. "Did it hurt?"

"Ah, questions at the end." He tuts light heartedly but there is a disturbing pain hidden somewhere in his eyes.

"Sorry." You mumble and carry on listening.

"Well we didn't think that the experiments had done anything to me, nothing seemed different. But when I fell off that train, turns out that they did do something to me. And that's why I survived." He explains.

"What did they-" you cut in but he interrupts you by raising a teasing eyebrow and smirking slightly in amusement.

"When the U.S. Army got me back they took me straight to recovery. By the time I had my wits somewhat about me again and most of my injuries were healed they had Steve back too who surprisingly was in fairly good nick. So at that stage they started all kinds of tests to find out what was wrong with me." He carries on.

"Wrong with you?" You frown.

"(Y/N) please." He chuckles tiredly.

"Oh sorry! You know what I'm like." You scold yourself.

"So what had happened was that a variation of the super soldier serum was inside me now. Although I don't look different like Steve does, I'm still stronger, faster, fitter and able to recover quicker and better." He explains slowly. "My metabolism runs twice as fast as the average mans and, like Steve, we don't know what it does to affect the process of aging just yet."

Your heart sinks and you lean back into the couch, shocked.

"But what if-" You start faintly.

"Whatever it is we will deal with it. As long as your okay." He whispers and cups your cheek, leaning in to press a kiss to your cheek.

"So what does this all mean?" You ask, your voice trembling and your head spinning.

Your husband practically has super powers. You don't know if that's a good or a bad thing.

"I don't know." He huffs. "This is where it gets complicated and important. You can't tell anyone this, but Peggy Carter and a few others are starting up a top secret agency called S.H.I.E.L.D to fight against Hydra."

"But aren't they gone?" You ask.

"Who knows. You can never be sure. And what's not to say there won't be others out there just like him. And it's not just for things like that, it could be for anything." He shrugs. "She said that me and Steve could be a huge help to them and that our assistance could be needed at times."

"To do what?" You gasp hesitantly.

"To fight." He sighs. "Anything really I guess."

"Oh Bucky." You cry, your eyes welling up again as you lean your head against his left shoulder.

You could swear that he flinches and that you hear him wince under his breath.

"What's wrong?" You frown, shooting up as it all clicks. "Bucky is something wrong with your left hand?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

706K 17.4K 40
You are one badass assassin. The deadliest one alive. You're also Steve Rogers' long lost younger sister. When Steve and the Avengers find you single...
10.6K 210 23
After Tony and the rest of the avengers had found you laying in a forest with barely any memories of your previous life, you became an avenger yourse...
133K 3.4K 52
twin /twɪn/ noun • one of two children or animals born at the same birth. adjective forming, or being one of, a pair born at one birth. ~ Have you e...
226K 6.8K 30
Part One of the "No Tricks" Trilogy. Sergeant James Buchanan "Bucky" Barnes AKA The Winter Soldier doesn't remember much of his past. You are a forme...