Mending Eachother ✔

By mash_kookie

~☆ a story that revolves around an anonymous gangster and an abandoned innocent soul. the broken souls needs... More

Welcome 🎈
1|Shut the fu** up.
2|My first loss.
3|Oh No, Not again!
4|Familiar pair of eyes.
5|Totally despondent
6|Why again?
7|In shock
8|Endorsing silently
9|Laila! listen to me.
10|WTH!
11|Blew off
12|In shock?
13|That I didn't expect.
14|Malignant Bastard.
15|Totally confused.
16|Entering the hell.
17|How come it's possible?
18|Her bad luck.
19|Startled by the scenario.
20|What's going on?
21|What I'm gonna do now?
22| Time for some fun.
23|How could he?
25|What's more to come now?
26|What's gonna happen next?
A Message
27|I hate you!
28|Crossing the boundaries.
29|Silence before the storm.
Sorry|Not an update.
Wait is over.
30|Was Harris changing?
31|Not without any purpose.
32|That's life.
33|Bad luck
Sorry|Not an update.
34|A bigger thriller
Back.
What's your favourite word?
35|It's coming.
Happy New year.
36|Disclosing the secrets.
37|The Past.
Author's Note.
38| The Past (2)
Author's note: Army spotted.
39|Open to truths of life.
Author's note: so it's all out.
40|She is back!
41|And the tables turned.
42|I found my happiness
BONUS: Don't miss

24|Ohh shoot! Feelings, they're coming back.

2.3K 178 55
By mash_kookie

The elevator door opened and her heart missed a beat on finding him alone there.
Hesitantly she stepped inside and the closed door made them alone together.
His warm breaths were the only sound but she felt rejected on no response from him.
But little did she know those eyes were only fixed on her.

~~~~~~~~

Happy reading. 🎈

Night:

Laila POV:

The sleep was far away in mountains from my eyes, his words were ringing in my ears like the huge bells in temples hammering my head. Laying straight on the bed my mind was clouded with many thoughts. The white ceiling above was blank but my mind was making the patterns on them, the complicated design which even I couldn't understand.

Revenge, Adam, Inayah, love, hatred, betrayal and blah blah, those words were juggled up and I badly failed at creating any story from them. What really did happen in the past? Why Harris was so keen to avenge his big brother? What might have happened? What might Inayah had done? Was there any love triangle in between them? Ohh GOD. My heart sank on the thoughts. I let my eye shutters fell trying best to distract myself. The huge pile of my books surrounded me but my mind failed at staying on them. It kept distracting. The only sound in the silent room was of the tick-tock of clock. It screamed 4 am.
I was in bad need to listen to the piano, just once but I know that he won't even play that for me, are you kidding me, I shouldn't even expect anything from him.

I pushed my feet in the slippers and walked out of the room to find his door shut. My eyes travelled to that luxurious instrument in the heart of the lounge. I gently let my fingers caressed those black and white keys that seemed so soft and delicate. I had deep urge to let myself play them, though I didn't have cent percent idea how to operate that but atleast I could try. What if he would come out? Okay just once.

I made myself settled on the chair in front and inhaled deeply to brought my wild mind and heart on track. On pressing a key, a note hit the silent air around, I unintentionally smiled. It felt great. I let my fingers pressed more keys and the smile didn't leave my face. It was fun and I was enjoying it. Without my knowing a silhouette covered my form, a small lump accumulated in my throat and my fingers went numb, oh no. I didn't dare to lift my eyes and saw in his. He must be outrageous like a beast.

"How dare you?" His deep whisper echoed in the laconism. I stood up when luckily my hair caged my side face to skip his wrath and deadly glare but he hold my bare arm clutching it tightly. I winced and he jolted my body until I was facing him. His eyes bloodshot and hair disheaveled falling recklessly on his forehead.

"Never dare to do that again", he mumbled in a deep tone and I just nodded my head. I knew I couldn't fight him back, here I'm wrong since I touched his possession without permission.

"Leave", he jerked my body away and I hurriedly gathered myself before leaving him there. Maybe he would play it and YES! he made himself settled on the chair and now his long slender fingers danced on the keys letting the melodious notes to mingled with the silence. I heaved a sigh and slipped down the wall resting my butt on the floor below and leaned my head on the wall behind allowing my mind to absorb the music.

Soon the sound died and the footsteps followed, before I could even shift in my position he was hovering my body. My eyes went wide on his sudden nearness.

"Next time I'll charge you for listening to it", he mumbled and disappeared in the another blink of an eye. Unknowingly a smile crept to my lips beacuse his tone wasn't harsh, there was something else in that though I failed at grasping it.

"Thankyou", I mumbled and took strides to my bed. Okay time for some good sleep. But soon the morning Adhan echoed around.

"First namaz then sleep", I vocalized my thoughts to myself before retreating to the bathroom for ablution.

Morning:

Writer POV:

She tightened the cover of the lipstick that it almost broke. Her phone rang and the nerve hit on witnessing the caller ID.

"Hello", she greeted plastering the fake smile on her face.

"Hello Inayah... are you free today?" She heard the innocent Laila on the other side.

"Yeah babe.. wanna meet?" She let the bitter sugar dripped off her tone.

"Yeah. I was thinking for a coffee. Wanna talk to you about something", Laila replied and Inayah's brows scrunched.

"Okay. Meet you at 3 at Starbucks", Inayah hung up making her mind dangled in some thoughts. What she had to talk about? About Adam? She thought before witnessing her retreating form in the huge glass mirror.

Afternoon:

"Where are you going?" His words halted her feet near the door. She looked over her shoulder and gave him a look when he was like a careless man laying upside down on the couch, shirtless!

"Why should I tell YOU?" Her tone was sharp. He just rolled his eyes.

"Whatever", he mumbled before dragging back his eyes to his phone.

She stepped out and shut the door behind when her mind clicked on forgetting a book. She didn't want to encounter him again, she sighed and dig herself in the bag in search for keys when the ding of elevator grabbed her attention. She lifted her eyes and the lump in her throat made her cough recklessly. There stood with all his grace in his casual wear, Adam with some other guy. A smile made way to his lips on coming across her and he was glad that his morning was good now.

"Hey Laila!" Adam's charming smile made her heart went off the track and she passed him back a toothy grin feeling her inside all messed up.

What if he sees me and Harris together? Oh no!!

Harris lazy self heard some mumbles outside and that picked his interest. Without bothering to put the tee on his naked self he made way to the main door but his steps ceased in his place when a certain name hit his eardrums.

"ADAM", Laila almost yelled. Adam passed her a dumb look as if why she was being so weird. The other guy laughed on her strange cuteness.

"Yes Adam", the other guy said.

"Ohh let me introduced you both. She's Laila, my ex student and present friend", his words made her heart insane.

"And he's Faris, my friend and colleague. He lives in this building", Adam ended the introduction session.

"Ohh hello neighbour", Faris said when Laila nodded with a smile.

"Faris Bhai... dammit, he lives here. Oh no", Harris mumbled to himself.

"YOU WANNA COME IN?" She kept yelling as if giving Harris indication about Adam's presence.

"Oh sh*t" Harris cursed and ran his fingers through his hair in order to made his mind come up with an escaping or hiding plan.

"Yeah... but I'm here Laila, I can still hear you if you even mumble", Adam raised his brows and said to which she smiled awkwardly but only her inside knew what's really the truth was.

"Okay come in... WE'RE COMING", she said loudly when Adam again gave her a look with narrowed eyes. Okay! Weird.

"Sorry I mean... let's go", this time she only spoke softly while the other guy kept laughing. Adam smiled on her adorable gesture.

"Opss.. keys. In my bag. Let me search them", Harris heard Laila and heaved a sigh.

"Lets hide Harris", he talked to himself and ran inside to find a spot for being anonymous.

"Why this stupid girl has to bring him inside? Just give any excuse, that I'm getting late or blah blah", he searched the cupboard and blabbered out his annoyance.

"Ahh my innocent Laila", without his knowing some words left his mouth and he stuffed himself in one of the cupboard along with his phone.

"Its okay if you cannot find that keys. I'll visit you sometime later", as always he became the sweetheart but soon her fingers made contact with bunch of keys and it's shrill echoed in the air.

"I... found it", she wishpered and he smiled back.

She played with the lock and the door flew open. Her eyes instantly darted to the couch where a while ago that lazy jerk was stretching his limbs but a sigh escaped her lips.

"Thanks GOD", she said when Adam looked at her.

"Huh?" He questioned when instantly she clasped her lips together.

"I mean thank GOD, I'm home. I was so tired", she stretched her hands and he smiled back again on her cuteness.

"Please sit", she let them settled on the couch and herself went to the kitchen.

Her eyes kept roaming the lounge in search for that idiot. What if like a careless person he would show up yawning like a monkey?

She was dragged out by her messed up thoughts when her phone buzzed. There Harris names popped up on the screen. She instantly opened the message.

You fool! Make them go fast. I cannot hide myself forever in this cupboard. It so fu****g hot here. She instantly laughed when Adam's head snapped in her direction. She shut her mouth with her hand and passed him a sheepish grin who just smiled back as per the trend.

Hahaha... in the cupboard? How much I want to see you hanging on the rod with the hanger. :D

The smile never left her face. Even imagining him in the cupboard made her laughed like a maniac in her little mind but she had to control of herself. She poured the juices in glasses and served the gentlemen with it. They thanked her when her feet took her back to the kitchen.

She peeked to her phone and two more messages danced on her screen.

Shut the fu** up and hurry!!

I'll kill you just let them go.

She again pressed her lips and bearly took hold of her laughter.

Then I'll never let them go. :D

She slipped that phone in her jeans pocket and emerged out of the kitchen.

"Your house is pretty Laila, when you shifted?" Adam never let his contagious smile left his lips. She adored him once again before gaining her conscious back when her phone buzzed but she didn't have a look of it.

"A month", she answered when he simply nodded.

"Okay you must be tired. We will leave. We will surely visit you anytime later. The juice was tasty", Adam passed a lovingly smile to Laila when heat crept up her body and she knew she blushed the crimson colour.

"Sure", she only wishpered when they bid their byes and stepped out of the house. She heaved a sigh and ran to Harris room, not even bothering to shut the door behind.

She played with the lock of his  cupboards but found him nowhere. Soon the knob of the last cupboard turned and her head snapped there, Harris kicked opened the door and took some loud deep breaths. His kick was so hard one bolt of the door fell off.

She ran to him and passed him a hand to help him come out but his glare was very sharp that she only pressed her lips. However a bubble of laughtet burst inside her but she managed to had a quell on it. He looked so vulnerable, all drenched in sweat.

"Don't you dare laugh", he snarled and she turned away her face letting smile came to her lips.

"Water", he barely wishpered and she nodded before running to the kitchen to fetch some life saving liquid for that poor guy. Well not poor at all.

"Here", she passed him the glass when he was laying on his bed. He gulped in the ice cold water in one go when they again heard footsteps and his voice. Adam's voice.

"Sh*t", both cursed together when Harris ran to the other side of bed and rolled down in it.

Laila instantly acted like she was making the fabric on the bed alright, she turned around acting greatly.

"Hmm?" She questioned as if nothing happened.

"Why the door was opened? You shouldn't be this careless", his tone had tenderness that Laila felt it, even Harris got the hint and he just smirked but that didn't satisfy him.

"Uhh.. I may forgot", she mumbled while fidgeting her thumb.

"Umm.. sorry for disturbing again, I forgot to give you this", he extended a card towards her. She hesitantly took it when Harris brows just scrunched in confusion.

"You remember Alina? My niece. It's her birthday tomorrow", he said to clear her bewilderment when Harris rolled his eyes. His bare back was aching due to the cold marble floor below.

"Ohh thank you so much", she paid her gratitude with a light bow.

"I'll be glad if you'll come", he smiled hopefully and she smiled back reassuringly.

"See you then, take care", with that he turned and left shutting the door behind.

She sighed and ran to the bed before peeking down where he was laying like a corpse.

"Help me out idiot", he gritted his teeth when she again tried to stop the chuckle erupting in her throat.

"Once again I'm in so much tough situation because of you", he scolded her and gripped her hand tightly. A spark she felt on the contact but didn't show. What was that? Her heart couldn't conclude.

He with so much effort able to dragged himself out, his one hand was around her neck while with other he was holding her hand, the close proximity with a guy made her tummy churned. She gulped and shrugged the thoughts away. His bare chest was in her sight and that added more spice to the feelings.

His nose touched her soft short hair when he inhaled the heavenly fragrance of her shampoo, blinking twice he brought himself back to the track when suddenly his balance broke and he fell back on the bed with little Laila secured in his arms on his top.

Her hair caged their faces in between and eyes were interlocked with eachother. Hazel reflecting hazel. Her lower full lip distracted him for a while. Like a typical man something happened inside him when he felt himself getting lost in her fragrance. His grip on her waist tightened when his two fingers slightly brushed her bare skin exposed due to lifted shirt. Her slow breaths made contact with his skin and like an old loverboy Harris got goosebumps after a good long time.

Oh shoot! Feelings, they're coming back?
Why with her?

~~~~~~~~

Hello and Salam my lovelies.

I'm damn sorry for this late update. Busy life and busy schedule isn't allowing me to communicate with you all frequently.

I know you all must be little upset but I also know that you all understands my problem.

Thanks for still cooperating with me and supporting me.

I love to update soon and get your likes and amazing comments but all are just desires nowadays.

So something has started I saw in the chapter. 😏

What do you guys think? Can you now ship the duo together? May be little little I guess. Well I hope you all may.

So vote. Comment and support.

Recommend too.

Loads of love.

The writer.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130K 8.4K 9
"𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐢𝐦𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐢𝐧 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐦�...
519 52 16
•Give this story and me a chance, I'll try my best not to disappoint you• We've often heard how a prince charming comes and saves his princess breaki...
20.7K 1.5K 34
Aadhitya, a handsome guy at his early 30s leads a successful life as an extraordinary architect. He designs his life perfectly like his buildings. Dh...
2.3M 83.6K 52
(BOOK 3 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) COMPLETED READ MIA REGINA AND ESCORT ME BABY BEFORE YOU READ THIS. This book CANNOT be read as a standalone. * The rea...