D a n g e r (No new Updates...

By chocolateisawesomex

***THIS STORY WILL BE REWRITTEN COMPLETELY=》"Demon's Claim"! NO NEW UPDATES!*** [Warning: This story include... More

Danger
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Important Authors Note •
Chapter Twenty-Eight + Authors Note
Important Authors Note •
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
IMPORTANT! Chapter Thirty-Three
IMPORTANT!

Chapter Nineteen

838 29 16
By chocolateisawesomex

Hi! :)

An early update, I know, shocker, right? :D

Sorry for any types of mistakes. I bet that there are thousands of them since typing on a phone for hours is so not cool. I promise to edit as soon as I have the time for that!

This one was a little difficult for me to write so excuse the crappiness (is that even a word? In my world it is soooo...) of it.

Enjoy! Leave a comment and vote because come one! I updated within what? Four days? We have to celebrate that!

Mel xx

______________________________

     My blood ran cold upon hearing those words spoken from him and my bottom lip began to quiver slightly. It was his murderous intense stare and the harshness of his voice which had my legs wobbling. Taking notice of the current state I was in, so vulnerable and scared at the same time, his arms wrapped themselves around my waist, holding me rooted on my spot close to him with a iron like grip.

       "My brother?" Even I could tell by the shakiness of my voice that it was game over for me.

      How come I ever happened to believe that the plan could work out? It was the devil himself I was dealing with. One who ruled the world and a simple girl like me, one according to them was nothing but a pathetic human being, could be able to take him down?

       Even the sight that greeted me looked down right pathetic. Him, the cold and ruthless man whereas I, with my fragile short form looked like a little girl. His now pitch black eyes were fixed on me, the corners of his pink lips tugged up into an amusing smile which was standing for an obvious sign of finding this situation very amusing. Not only did we look like the devil and its prey, we were the devil and its prey that very moment.

       "Carter White." I tried my hardest not to flinch back at the coldness of his voice or how his eyes narrowed into slits as his grip on my waist tightened. I was hoping that he wasn't but I just knew very well that he was aware of the brutally quick rhythm my heart beat to.

       I could feel his eyes piercing into me, burning a hole into my head though I refused to meet his gaze. I just knew that the moment I looked into his eyes, the fright of mine would consume and betray me.

       "Tell me, Chloe," his deep voice began, so controlled and cold whereas I couldn't utter a single word without stuttering. And he was to blame for all of that knowing very well the effect he had on me, he leaned in closer from behind, so that his lips brushed my ear ever so lightly.

        "How stupid do you think I am?" To take a breath, something so naturally and normal, suddenly felt like a very hard and foreign task to do.

       "I - I...", shaking in fear, I did not know where to look because wherever I fixed my eyes on, I could feel his gaze piercing into my skin. Mocking me. Laughing at me. To add to that feeling, the vocabulary of mine was suddenly completely gone, every word sounded absurd to my own ears as I struggled to form a normal sentence for my own defense.

     "Did you really think that you could play me like that?" After that sentence, everything in me screamed to run and hide. His voice which had gotten raspy, and cold at the same time were getting under my skin, causing shiver after shiver to run down my spine.

       "Did you seriously think I would fall for your sweet little act, Chloe?" At the mentioning of my name, his rough fingers cupped my chin in a tight, hurtful grip and titled my head with force up. At the sight, my eyes instantly squinted themselves shut, the horrible view still printed in my head like a tattoo.

       My grip tightened on the sink the same time his grip tightened on my chin, sending a wave of pain through me at the pressure. "Look me in the eyes, my sweet Chloe. Trust me, the consequences only will be uglier."

       Slowly, I opened my eyes. Though I was not trusting myself to look into the mirror. Noticing that, he slowly but agonizingly pierced his nails into my skin, earning a cry from me.

       "One more chance, baby." His mouth moved against my ear as he hissed those words with venom and such a coldness, that I did not let any other second pass by and shot my gaze up to meet his stone cold one.

        His tight grip remained though. His nails were still in the newly cut fresh of mine and could feel my blood pulsing there, burning terribly as I bit on my bottom lip to drain out the whimpers that were uncontrollably escaping.

       My usually bright blue eyes were now a darker and dirtier shade, filled with tears that I desperately tried to keep at bay. The bags under my eyes stood out the most, only adding to the effect my lifeless and hurt eyes had. That was it. On only a quick look, that was all one would catch of me upon casting me a quick glance. Under my deathly pale skin, my lips and cheeks, so white, disappeared quickly.

       What has happened to me?

       I could not see me, Chloe White, in the mirror. That girl starring back at me was just the broken and abused shell of the girl I once used to be. Even after the death of my parents, the word hope still crossed my mind. Even if that was on rare occasions- it still did in the end. But if you were to ask me now if I believed in hope? I would just shake my head at you, laugh in your face, pat your shoulder in mock sympathy and wish you good luck on that.

       Ever since he appeared, that word had no meaning left for me anymore.

      "This could have been so much easier for you," he suddenly whispered, loosening his grip on my chin only a bit, though that bit had me left me so relieved as the burning pain eased a bit off.

     "We could have had it so much easier," he repeated, his eyes flickering for only a second red before they turned into their shade of black, revealing no emotion whatsoever.

       I stopped myself from saying anything. Not that I was even about to part my trembling lips to utter even one word out that in the end, could lead me to my own death. I was too weak. He was obviously aware of that fact, using it almost whenever he had the chance to his advance. And I was aware of that fact, letting him do as he pleased. He was not human, one thing he had declared me many weeks ago and I was not one to test his temper. I did not know of what he was capable. He was capable of everything. Though what that everything meant scared me more than anything.

      "Why can't you just accept me?" He asked in a whisper, nuzzling his face in my neck. I felt him inhale deeply, and his lashes brushed my skin in a slight tickle as he closed his eyes. He sounded hurt, vulnerable even and the fact that he was not looking at me stirred one emotion to come alive again- confidence. 

      I did not know where all of that came from, and that in only a matter of seconds but it did, and I didn't let the opportunity go to waste. Within seconds, the fright I felt for this man over the past weeks was long forgotten as all of the things he had done to me flashed before my eyes and the only thing I could feel towards that bastard was pure rage and hate.

      "Why?" I croaked out, an ironic smile forming itself on my features as I laughed bitterly at him. At that sound, he lifted his head up, his grip on my chin long gone as he only starred at me. Through tear filled eyes, I could easily point out the shocked and confused expression he wore on his face.

      "Are you seriously asking me why?" I repeated again. I no longer felt the need to support myself by holding onto the sink to keep myself on my feet. Instead, I spun around in my spot, his grip completely gone and I felt even more courage within me to continue with what I just started.

      "Oh and how right you are," I spat out with so much venom that I could not even believe that the low sounding voice was coming right from me, that even those words came from me, left my lips without a second thought.

       "We could have had it so much easier," I mimicked him from earlier, though not using a soft tone as he did with me as my eyes were narrowed into slits.

       "If only you," I jabbed my finger into his chest, "wouldn't have done half of the things you did!"

      His expression immediately hardened at my words as he wrapped a hand around my hand that was still repeatedly hitting against his chest. On any other occasion, any other time, I may would have covered away in fright and obliged him but with the rage I felt none of what he did or said got under my skin like it usually would.

       "Watch it, baby," he warned.

       "Don't you dare baby me again when all you did was hurting me. Over. And. Over. Again." My mind was like a ticking bomb, dreaded to explode any second as the fury of mine did not cease at all. All the lonely nights, the hours I spent crying to myself, the urge to hurt myself just to see if I really was still alive, finally had gotten to me.

       I was so sick of seeing the broken girl with the dull, lifeless eyes starring back at me whenever I happened to look into a mirror. I was sick of not being free. I was sick of being held captivated against my will, away from my brother and my life. And most importantly, I was sick of seeing his face. I didn't want to know about the so called real world. No, if it was for me, I still would be living happily without knowing that those dark creatures lived among us. I wanted to be oblivious about that. No one had asked me about my opinion. I was just pulled away from my life to face the real deal.

       "Hurt you?" It was the disbelief in his expression which had my body shaking and my fingers curling up into tight fists in anger. "Chloe, you and I both know that I would never intend on hurting you."

       I didn't know what to say to that. For the first time in my life, I did not know what to reply. I was speechless. I was completely and utterly dumbfounded at the words he said to me. So I only took a deep, calming breath in and smiled at him bitterly before briefly turning around on my heels to leave the room. I could not stand to stay in the same room as him any minute longer. I knew that one more wrong word from him and I would explode. Though as tempting as the idea was to break a bone or two of him, I was smarter not to actually do that. There were many reasons for me not to do that actually. For one, he had a strength I did not know of. He could easily break or even kill me with a snap of his finger of he wanted to so I decided to just walk away.

      A minute didn't even pass before I felt him yanking on my wrist, causing me to stop from walking any further away from him.

     Stay calm. He has more power than you actually think. Just breathe and stay calm.

     "When in the fucking hell did I ever hurt you?" His voice was sharp and low, and I swear I even heard a low growl emerging from him. Though it had no effect on me.

     I yanked my wrist back, turning around as I clenched my teeth so tight that my jaw began to hurt. His eyes were dark, not black but not the usual hazel colour either.

       "So you're completely sure that you never hurt me?" I began, raising an eyebrow to challenge him. In his expression, the only thing I could see was a big, fat warning for me to stop right there and to not go any further but of course, I didn't do so. His eyes followed every move I made. They were fixed on my hand that was reaching up to my neck and as the tip of my fingers touched the sore spot, leaving a burning sensation there, I continued. "Perhaps you should rethink that. How else did that happen?" I asked, referring to the bloody spot on my neck.

        My hands were now gripping the hem of my shirt, slowly pulling it upward. All the while I slowly lifted my shirt up, I looked at him. His eyes were instantly glued on the skin of my stomach, darkening as more and more was revealed of it. "Or this?" I whispered, tracing the mark on my skin he once had ripped open. The cut had healed alright, but there was still a painful reminder forever printed on my skin as a scar.

        I could not read the emotions on his expression but as I quickly pulled my shirt back down, I asked one final question. "Or the fact that you have taken me away from my family against my will." With that being said, I was sure that I had him. That I played him by showing how I really felt by acting heartless- just like he was.

      Though what happened next I would have never predicted. Not in a million years. I may had been wary about that one topic all the time but that it did include him? That was out of question for me. I never had thought of it that way until he said those words that shattered and broke my heart completely.

      In a matter of seconds, I was being pushed against a wall. Hard. I gasped at the sudden impact, closing my eyes on instinct as my back hit the wall with such a heavy force. I could feel fingers sinking into my sides as I tried to regain my breathing.

      "Stop the family card," he hissed, fingernails digging into my flesh through the fabric of my shirt. Though I did not show him how much he hurt me. I was not weak. "Stop saying that when I already killed your parents and all you have is your brother as your family. I didn't take you away from your family, Chloe. I only took you away from one person I still am looking very forward on killing myself too. Your dear brother, Carter." And he even had the nerve to wink at me as he grinned amused.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.6K 4.2K 20
I limped towards the kitchen after sending him an email, that I'm on leave today. I couldn't even able to walk properly as I was feeling sore down th...
230K 11.9K 12
*Warning* This story contains violence, abuse, and sexual content. Do not read if you are triggered or not comfortable with this. © CynicalCaroline 2...
52.5M 2.1M 184
"I was broken. Nothing, no one could fix me. Until you came into my life again. I wish I had gone with you that day instead of him. Because, now I ca...
996 54 10
Revenge. That's all I want. Revenge is my goal. I want to make him feel what I felt. I want to break his heart into millions of tiny pieces. ...