I'll Keep This Secret For You

By bucky_star

As an eighteen year old girl in Brooklyn, New York in the 1930's, falling pregnant unplanned is not on your a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Author's Note
Chapter 65
Sneak Peak
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Surprise!
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Author's Note
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Important Authors Note!
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Authors Note
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Author's Note
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Author's Note
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Epilogue
MISSING CHAPTER
Author's Note

Chapter 12

6.6K 163 157
By bucky_star

Bucky's POV:

"You know, (Y/N) had a baby." I smile at the thought as I sits at the edge of my camp bed across from Steve, hunched over with my elbows on my knees.

I still can't quite believe the man before me. It has been about a week now since Captain America rescued me.

"Really? Congratulations." Steve gasps.

"Thanks, yeah, a little girl." I sigh at the bittersweet thought.

"Tell me about her." Steve says quietly.

"I haven't actually met her." I huff sadly. "But (Y/N)'s told me all about her."

"Oh man that's hard. I'm sorry." Steve sighs and looks at me sympathetically.

"Yeah it really is. Like harder than I first thought it was going to be. We didn't find out she was pregnant until I was already gone so it was too late to change anything, there was nothing I could do." I shake my head and swallow the lump in my throat.

I've never talked about it with anyone like this before, not even Falsey.

"What's she like?" Steve smiles with a twinkle in his eye.

"Here, I have a picture." I mumble as I fish it out from under my pillow. "That's the most recent one I've got." I say as I hand it over.

It's a picture of Luke sitting with Isla on his knees. An adorable grin spread across her face and Luke smiling brightly as he always does.

"Oh Bucky she's beautiful." Steve gasps, his eyes full of admiration. "And Luke's gotten so big!"

"I know right. Doesn't time fly? She just turned one last week." I smile.

"She's the perfect mixture of you two. She even looks like Luke." He says in awe as his eyes trace the picture. "What's her name?"

"Her name is Isla. She's got brown hair and blue eyes. Apparently she is just an absolute bundle of laughs, so happy and smiley and energetic." I sigh.

"Takes after you then." Steve nods in approval.

"I guess so." I huff, thinking otherwise.

"Wow she sounds amazing Buck. It's cos she's got such good parents." Steve smirks.

"Well, parent, at the moment." I huff frustratedly.

"She's got your genes too you know. You can't help it that you aren't there to help raise her." Steve says and puts a hand on my shoulder.

The tent is a small cramped space so we are literally sitting with our knees touching.

I look up at him with a wry smile.

"It must be hard." He says gravely.

"Damn right. It really is." I huff. "She's just growing up so fast and has no idea who I am. I keep thinking, what if I get to go home one day and she just doesn't want to know me, doesn't care for me, resents me even. I love her so much you know but I'm just not there for her in the way I should be."

"Buck, you know that won't happen." Steve says seriously. "No matter how long you are at war for (Y/N) will bring her up to know all the amazing things about you, what a good man you are. She will explain to her your circumstances and that if you could be there you would. By the time you get home she will probably know more about the real you then you do, both her and Luke. And you are there for her, as much as you can be. Jesus man, you're fighting a war to make a better world for her to live in!"

I let out a heavy breath and roll my eyes.

"I'm fighting this war because I have to. If i could go home i would." I mumble. "Besides, that doesn't mean that things will be normal. You can't tell me that I'll get home and it'll be the perfect daddy daughter combo. Maybe with Luke, but to her I'm a stranger. And it just feels so wrong because I know so much about her."

"Look, I've known both you and (Y/N) since we were kids. She won't let it be that way. She loves you so much and cares about you too much to let it happen like that. Seriously, even before you two were more than friends you were more faithful to each other than most married couples. Plus I'm sure Luke won't shut up about you either. You're such a good dad to him." Steve explains.

"Thanks Stevie." I sigh. "And thank you for saving me back there. If it weren't for you I would never get the chance to meet her."

"No problem Buck what are friends for? Besides, you've done so much for me, I think that it was well overdue time that I repay the favours." Steve smiles.

I let out a breathy laugh and shake my head.

"I was just doing my job as the older, stronger brother." I chuckle lightly. "It really wasn't that big of a deal."

"Yeah? Well it was to me. But now the tables have turned. Who's the bigger stronger one now?" He smirks.

I shut up at this. I guess it's a bit of a touchy subject for me. Definitely going to take a bit of getting used to.

"Anyway, show me more pictures of your family, I have an idea." Steve says, sensing my change in character and therefore changing the subject.

"An idea?" I ask and quirk an eyebrow.

"Don't you worry about it my fellow comrade, leave it up to me." Steve grins teasingly as I pull out the box of photos from under my bed.

------

"Hey Bucky, you got a moment?" Steve asks, poking his head in through the tent door.

"Hm? Yeah sure." I mumble, turning over and sitting up from my bed.

"Sorry, did I disturb you?" He asks, coming in and scuffing off his muddy boots.

"No no, I was just resting. You know, shitty weather, might as well take advantage of the time for a nap." I sigh and rub my face.

"Fair enough, not a bad idea." He chuckles.

"So, what brings you here away from all the planning how to storm a Hydra base that Captain America gets stuck with these days?" I tease.

It's been about a month since he showed up and poor not so little Stevie has got so much on his plate at the moment it's crazy.

"A surprise." He smiles and hands me a piece of paper.

I frown confused as I take it but can't help but gasp at what I see on it.

It's a sketched picture, clearly of my family. (Y/N), Luke, Isla and the best part, even I'm there. He has captured all of us perfectly, it looks so real. All of us are sitting together, it looks like a picnic. Isla sitting in my lap as I lie on the blanket, (Y/N) laying opposite me while we watch Luke playing in the middle of us. We all look so happy.

"I drew it like a picnic because I remember how that used to be you and (Y/N)'s favourite thing to do when hanging out." He says sheepishly.

"Steve, wow. Thank you. This is amazing I don't know what to say." I gasp in amazement.

I know he's always been good at drawing but I didn't realise he was this good, seriously.

"I thought it might cheer you up a bit." He smiles kindly.

"Hopefully we can get a real picture like that one day." I huff.

"I'll make sure you do Buck." Steve sighs and looks at me sympathetically.

Your POV:

You lay on the floor playing with Isla, holding her above you while Luke does his homework. After a long day at work, picking up Luke from school and Isla from your parents and just hanging out with them is your favourite thing to do.

Your mum has actually been really good lately. With Bucky away at war you have to work because you've got no other source of income. But with you working you've got no one to look after Isla, so having your mum has actually been a really big help.

To be honest you think it helps to distract her and give her a break, your dad has been very sick for a long time now and you think that having a fresh, happy face around lights up her day.

"Mum, when's dad coming home?" Luke asks faintly.

A pang hits you in the chest. He's been asking that question a lot lately. And quite frankly you've been asking it to yourself too. You didn't think he'd be away this long or you'd miss him this much.

"Dadda?" Isla asks in a baby voice and looks at you expectantly.

Oh great. Here we go. She definitely responds to the word but luckily can't exactly ask questions about him yet. She recognises Bucky in the pictures you show her and knows that he is her father but of course there is really no connection there.

"Luke have you finished your homework?" You sigh as you sit up and rest Isla in your lap.

"Yes." He says.

"Then come sit over here." You say softly.

He does as you said and sits cross legged in front of you.

"I don't know when your dad is coming back sorry baby." You sigh and fight back the tears and swallow the lump in your throat. "I'm sorry, and neither does he."

You reach up and brush his wispy blonde hair off of his forehead and your heart sinks when you see his lip drop.

"But he's been away for so long." He pouts with teary eyes.

This rips your heart in two.

"I know sweety, I know." You whimper. "It's hard."

"I miss him so much." He cries.

"We all do." You huff and wipe a tear from your own cheek before doing the same to him.

"I just want him to come back he's been gone for way to long! I wanna play toy trains with him again." He mumbles with his face to the floor.

"Baby I know it's hard but there's nothing we can do, and there's nothing he can do either. You know that if Bucky could come back right now he would. He misses us just as much if not more. Just think, at least we have each other, at the moment he's got no one." You sniffle.

"Mumma?" Isla asks quietly, her big eyes full of concern as she reaches up and touches your cheek, attempting to brush your tears away.

"Thank you bubba." You smile sadly and take her tiny hand in yours to kiss it. "Mummy feels better now."

"But you said he would be back quickly!" Luke cries.

"I know, I thought, or probably more hoped he would be. I thought it would be over before we knew it. But I was wrong, I'm sorry for getting your hopes up. It's taking so long." You sigh.

"I just miss him so much!" He sobs breaking down completely and jumping into your arms.

"Aw honey." You coo and hug him back, running your hands up and down his back and kissing the top of his head.

"I'll tell you what, here's something that should help that I do when I particularly miss dad. You know the letters he writes to you?" You whisper.

"Mhm." He mumbles and looks up at you with watery eyes.

"Take one of those and sleep with it under your pillow and also keep his photo close to your bed. That way as you go to sleep you can imagine him sitting there with you and saying those things in person." You say softly. "You wanna try that tonight for me?"

"Okay." He sighs. "Thank you mummy I love you."

"I love you too baby." You smile and kiss his head before doing the same to Isla. "And I love you too very much Isla." You say sweetly hugging them both tightly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

437K 11.9K 44
An Avengers Bucky Barnes x OC Story **SMUTS** You hated Hydra, and everything associated with them. So you absolutely detested the fact that the Ave...
510K 15.4K 156
Adopted at a young age by Nicholas Fury, Y/N was raised as a Shield agent and was known to be one of the best. You were enhanced by Hydra before you...
21.4K 303 50
Welcome to my Bucky Imagines and One Shots - For those of you who want even more Bucky Barnes in your lives. Imagines and one shots about you and th...
10.8K 210 23
After Tony and the rest of the avengers had found you laying in a forest with barely any memories of your previous life, you became an avenger yourse...