The Storm Empire (Completed)

Od SoulSkye

The age of humans have passed, and the only survivors still lure around Arian, searching for a chance of life... Více

Guide to Arian
Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Epilogue
About the Authors

Chapter 16

3 0 0
Od SoulSkye

Immediately, a young male okami threw his knives at the leader, missing the top of her head by an inch. Gray widened her eyes, then scrambled over to the bushes for shelter, not because she was scared, but because she needed to set up a trap. The okami followed quickly behind while pulling out another pair of knives. He was too late at that point, as Gray pulled out her own sword and struck him down. A slice down his neck was enough to make him collapse. He dropped his knives and fell to the floor.

He probably had kits.. A wife.. A family, Gray thought, pausing in her tracks. Whatever, I don't have time for this. She scurried out of the bushes then peered around to check on her clanmates. Acorn was battling a short-haired okami, one that looked scrawny enough to easily beat. She headed off and saw a couple of apprentices teaming up against a okami warrior. One had it pinned on the floor, while another struck a dagger down into its throat. Gray flinched as she watched the apprentices kill, but then dismissed the thought when she remembered she was at war.

A female phantom suddenly charged at her while knocking her down on her paws. Gray spat furiously onto the ground, then struck out one of her legs, generating enough power to kick her opponent to the side. The phantom struggled to get up, as Gray worked to pin it down. She held up her sword and prepared to stab it in the chest, but stopped with her weapon in midair.

"Don't kill me please," The phantom faintly whispered, "I didn't want to go to war. I didn't want to kill you... I was forced by Pluto."

Gray glanced into her glimmering eyes that pleaded for mercy. Strangely, it reminded her of an innocent kit, begging not to be killed by Night. More specifically, it reminded her of Isa's green eyes that twinkled for the last time before the Ashclan's beta slashed her throat open with a knife Gray will always remember every last detail of. The memory of the ambush was fresh in her mind but she knew this was not the right time to think about it. She sighed then slid her sword back into her belt.

"Thank you." The phantom stuttered. Before Gray could reply, an arrow struck into the phantom's heart and she collapsed once again. She dashed up and stared horrified at the dead body. Blood spilled out and stained the green grass as Lilystar approached, holding a bow in her hands. She sprinted onto the dead phantom's body, and pulled the arrow out swiftly as if it was no big deal.

"Come on!" Lilystar yelled, "We got another one down!"

"You killed her-" Gray began to speak, but didn't finish her sentence as Lilystar tugged her forwards. Suddenly, everything became dizzy. Her vision was clouded and it was as if everything was happening in slow motion. Not being able to conjure a thought, she fell to the ground as everything turned black.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crystal ran around, trying to catch a glimpse of her sister. There were already a plenty of dead bodies on the ground but still a lot of enemies. She hurried past numerous Animas, the majority of them either being phantoms or kumas, but all she was looking for was at least one neko from her clan.

Hoping not to catch the attention of an enemy, she safely made her way towards an empty dirt field. It stood away from the battlefield, probably a few miles out. Trees surrounded the field, and in the middle, there consisted nothing but dirt, hence its name. A strange peacefulness came to her and she fell to the floor and relaxed her very tense muscles. Her anxiety started to drift away, but regained again at the thought of her sister being dead. A tiny stream of water ran next to her, with the edges lined with rocks and pebbles. She sighed as the cold water sent a shiver down her spine.

Suddenly, an okami pounced on her and pinned her to the ground. She widened her eyes at the sight of Night, who had blood running down his face. He also had a cut on his arm and an open wound on his shoulder, but it didn't seem to decrease any of his power.

"Let go of me!" Crystal struggled to escape from his grip.

Night smirked, "Why should I?

"Because," Crystal spat, "my sister will make sure you do if you don't."

"Scary-y-y!" Night's sarcastic voice made Crystal cringe, "You do know that your sister is dead, right?"

"What?" Crystal stopped tugging and looked the okami in the eye.

Night rolled his eyes, "Relax. She died from a heart attack due to all of the stress. Your medicine cat announced her death just a few hours ago."

That's impossible. Unlike me, she is not a ragdoll. She has no history of heart problems unlike me either. Which means that this cannot be true. ...Which means that Night is lying!

"I saw the records of your family history. She has had heart problem for a while, right?"

Crystal tried not to smile. She was the only one with heart problems. She shaked while trying not to laugh at the stupidity of the okami. He took her shaking as fear and laughed.

"No matter how strong you are, you are only a cat after all. You can never defeat us. I'll let you go. After all, I have no interest in people who are weak."

Night slowly left as Crystal seemed to stare into space. She sighed, surprised that Night didn't claw her brains out. Maybe he was too weak to do so, but Crystal knew that it would never be true, even in a thousand years. She had entered her space, contacting her sister.

"Gray, where are you?" Crystal sent the message, but there was no response. She wondered if Gray was really dead, but a small spark inside of her told her that it couldn't be true because she knew that her sister could get through anything she put her mind to. Crystal shook her head, trying to conjure all of the different types of possibilities on why her sister was not answering. Perhaps, Gray was too busy fighting. The messaging worked pretty much all the time, except if the messengers were really far away, or if the receiver chooses not to answer back. Another possibility could be if the receiver is dead. Crystal shook her head at the idea, then got up, and ambled out of the field.

She entered the wild battlefield, dodging at arrows, and kicking away any opponents who attempted to kill her. A phantom leapt at her, but she quickly positioned her bow and shot him in the chest. The phantom fell on the ground, his body thumping hardly as his final heartbeats finally came to a halt. Crystal peered around, and for once, she was able to locate a neko. As she got closer, she realized it was Acorn.

Acorn's body was stained with cuts and marks, none too serious, but it didn't present well to the enemies. She was fighting a larger okami, with black fur like coal, and amber eyes. The okami swung his fist at her but she stopped it with a front paw strike, however she was flipped off balance by one of his lower kicks. Crystal rushed over to help, remembering to slide out her sword as she did so. She sprinted on the okami, and stabbed him in the side.

"Thanks." Acorn panted as she wiped the sweat off of her forehead. Crystal nodded, then slipped her sword back into her belt.

"Have you seen Gray by any chance?"

"Yeah," Acorn nodded, "She's at the first aid station. I heard she fainted, but she seemed to be alright according to Fawnwhisker."

Crystal ran off. Behind some large pile of bushes were lots of nekos, each either carrying a scar, a wound, or a broken bone. She looked around until she spotted her sister lying on a hammock

"There you are!"

Gray rolled her eyes, "I got your message, but I wasn't able to reply because I was too weak to use more brain energy."

"Are you feeling better now?"

"Better than ever!" Gray got up, then grabbed her sword.

Crystal raised an eyebrow, "Isn't that the training sword for apprentices?"

"Mine broke."

"Then why is it next to the training sword?"

"DAMMIT!"

Gray got her real sword, then slid it into her belt. Crystal looked around at the injured nekos, wondering why there were so many.

"So, what happened while I fainted?" Gray exclaimed.

"Nothing much," Crystal shrugged, "Except Night nearly killing me, me killing at least two other people, and me saving Acorn as she was about to be stabbed in the throat."

"WHAT!?!?"

"Many people are dead, but there's one problem, and we were waiting for you to wake up for it to know what to do," Crystal was serious for once, eyes gleaming

"What is it?"

"We can't find Red... He's missing."

"Have you tried messaging him?"

Crystal shook her head, "I did earlier before I went looking for you, but he never replied."

"Perhaps, he's here?"

They looked around, eyeing every neko. Gray caught a glimpse of many of her warriors that were either lying on the ground limp or screaming in pain. She closed her eyes, trying to relax, but she knew there was no way she was going to be calm when her deputy would possibly be dead.

"Okay, maybe he's outside?"

They scurried out of the first aid station and out again into the chaos. War was still raging as the sky thundered above. Blood spilled on the dirt floors as Anima were being slain one by one, even kits and elders. As they tried their best not to attract any enemy's attention, they heard a shriek from the corner. It was a familiar cry, but too agonizing to tell whose it was. The two sisters turned around and gasped, when they saw Lilystar on the ground with a phantom pinned on top of her. The phantom slipped out an axe, then held it in midair, ready to slice it down. Gray turned her head before he brought it down onto her chest. Lilystar's cry was the last thing Gray would remember.

"We should go," Crystal mumbled, "Let's find Red."

They took off. Not long after, Crystal heard a rustle in the bushes and led Gray to follow it. As they approached the place it was from, they heard another familiar voice. Two figures were fighting in an open pocket. There were no obstacles for quite a while as they stood in the middle, swinging swords at each other. Gray approached forwards, but Crystal held her back behind an oak tree, where they observed.

"Please. Silent. I don't want to hurt you. Please don't make me!" Red was protecting himself from her rapid slashes, yet Gray saw that he wasn't attacking back.

"Please, you sided with that Graystar didn't you? You are worthless to me! You care more about her than me!"

"Gray is my best friend, but you are my mate. Please, I don't want to hurt you!"

Wait a second, A realization crossed Crystal's mind. ...If they were in an open space. ...Then what caused the rustling of the leaves?"

"Gray! Gray! We have to leave. This place isn't safe," whispered Crystal, scanning the area.

"No. I'm not leaving my friend here."

"Fine, but we have to be in the open at the very least," Crystal gave up on trying to convince her sister. They were equally stubborn, and this would go no where. The more covered the place, the more likely they wouldn't notice and be successfully ambushed.

As they made it into the open, Crystal's ears pricked as another rustle was heard. She let out a snarl, and managed to material a knife for her sister and a sword for her, tossing the knife at her sister, hilt first. Gray was surprised, but managed to grab it.

A phantom lept out of the bushes. Gray gasped when she saw Pluto's scarred face. He was wearing the same psychotic expression as he did before the war started, and he twirled a curved sword in his hand, kind of in an intimidating way. Red widened his eyes when he saw the phantom, as did Silent, and they immediately stopped fighting.

"We have to go help him!" Crystal tugged Gray back to the bush.

Crystal narrowed her eyes, "I want to help Red as much as you do. Right now, we have to keep hidden because we can't attack with Pluto joining the chaos."

They fixed their gaze back onto the phantom.

"Well well well," Pluto laughed, "Look who we have here. Silent, one of Dawn's most favorite warriors, and former queen of Stormclan.. And Red, Stormclan's deputy."

"What do you want?" Red snapped.

Pluto frowned, "Red, why don't you drop your sword. We're not here to fight, we're here to talk face to face."

"You really think I'd do that?"

"If you're not a coward, yes."

"I think the real coward is you Pluto."

"What makes you say that?"

"I'll drop my sword," The sudden voice came from Silent. She threw her metallic sword down onto the ground, causing a loud clatter. Red stared wide-eyed at her, as he shook his head.

"Don't do it, Silent. Pick it up NOW!" He shouted.

Silent shook her head. "Ashclan are allies with the phantoms, we will help fight with you against the Storm-"

Her sentence was cut off as Pluto gripped a knife that looked like he stole it from the okami and threw it at Silent. She braced herself for the impact, and blood splattered all over the white dress she had, because she was to stay at camp, but wandered out. She closed her eyes, ready for the pain to pierce through her but instead, felt nothing.

"What? Why doesn't it hurt?" Silent opened her eyes just as Red reached her, the blur stopping and a glint of silver that was heading for Silent being blocked. The deputy laid in front the queen, his arms reaching out in front of her face. His body went limp and he collapsed to the ground.

Horrified, Gray sprang up and using one of her daggers, threw it at Pluto. The dagger spiraled into his stomach before shock was shown on his face, and he fell down.

"RED!" Crystal ran forward with her sister. A strange silence filled the air. There was only quiet.

"Red? Huh? What's happening? What did I do? Red! No, RED!" Silent's screams filled the air, tears streaming down her face.

"Out of the WAY!" Gray shoved Silent to the side, and her impact blew her completely to the side. She plopped down on her knees and watched blood spill out of her deputy's wounds.

"Message Fawnwhisker, NOW!" Gray shouted to Crystal.

"N-no.." Red's weak response was barely even a whisper, "Don't. I can't be saved."

"Why'd you sacrifice yourself for someone as terrible as Silent?" Gray hissed, her voice breaking a little as she covered the wounds on Red's chest. His blood leaked out and stained her hand.

"I live with The Heavens now." Red mumbled, closing his eyes.

"What? Please, Red, stay with us! Please."

"Sorry, Gray. Tell Silent.. That.. I'll.. Always... Love her..." Red closed his eyes and his breathing stopped. Silent rushed to his side, hugging his still warm body, until the tainted warmth slowly faded.

"Do you anima just cry all day? I thought you were smarter than tha-" The voice that appeared belonged to Dawn, who suddenly appeared.

"Don't you dare talk!" The two sisters spoke together. The ground rumbled, and a blunt diamond appeared, molding itself into a sword, and lifting to his neck. At the same time, the sky rumbled and not to far away, as a lightning bolt shot down on the ground.

"So these are abilities, huh? I've heard that the Storm Family's are more powerful than the rest. But I also thought that they all had to do with storms?"

"I'm not pure neko. I am half Suno," answered Crystal. "Which means, it just works randomly."

"Yeah right," Dawn mumbled. It was storming by now and rain dribbled down, soaking the pelts of the four Anima that stood awkwardly in the open circle.

"Dawn clearly isn't leaving without a fight. I'll take on her, so take care of him, ok?" Crystal smiled one last time. She didn't hear or scent anything unfamiliar, so she assumed that one else was there.

"Don't fight." The voice that came from behind belonged to Lark.

"Lark. Or should I say Pebble?" Crystal took notice of him.

His face somehow paled more. "What? Who- How did you find out?"

"Lila. Don't try to stop us. He can't be forgiven for this."

The fight started in full fashion. Gray pounced onto the phantom she knew as once her younger brother, and swiped her claws against his face. He widened his eyes as he was taken back by surprise, and held out his hands in defense. She slipped out a sword and raised it up.

"Take out your sword and fight, you coward." The leader spat on the ground and saw that Lark was trembling. She threw her weapon on the ground and unleashed her claws.

"We'll fight this way then," Gray sprung on Lark, and raked her claws down his belly. She kicked him in the side, and he collapsed to the floor.

Meanwhile, Dawn charged at Crystal. She had the AshClan weapon with her, throwing knives. They were for throwing, unlike the Storm Knives. In response, Crystal drew the Ice Sword, clashing against each other, Finally, Dawn was pinned to the ground by Crystal, a cold on her neck. A gaze of fear came across her face, her last expression as she beheaded her. Crystal did it quickly, a sign of respect to the leader. The blood masked her face and dyed her hair. Crystal did one last bow for the fallen leader, one whom had been very much a good leader. A powerful one, even if she did not like why.

Suddenly, a large boom came from afar. Smoke rose from behind the trees and the fighting immediately stopped. There was a ringing in Gray's ears, it was high-pitched and quite consistent, but it stopped after about two minutes.

"What happened?" Crystal squinted. The forest seemed to grow quiet, and the only thing that consumed them was silence. Gray knew there was only one possibility.

"The bombs," She whispered, "Powerful enough to wipe out 100 feet of land."

Crystal shook her head, "But Lilystar is dead. Who else would blow them up?"

"I would," said a voice. Lark stepped up. " I changed to Lilystar to command them."

"Why would you do that?!" Gray snarled.

"So that you wouldn't know the truth... That I'm Pebble.."

"Why you!" Crystal rushed towards him and pinned him against a tree.

"Go ahead. Kill me. You already know I'm Pebble, though. Can you kill your brother? Your one and only brother."

"You wouldn't be the first one to die..."

"Don't even mention it."

Crystal narrowed her eyes, "You're evil and you don't deserve to live."

"I'm sorry." Lark eyes sparkled with something that didn't seem so sincere. Crystal decided to ignore it.

"Crystal," Gray spoke, "We have to go. We don't know who's dead and who's alive. Lark can be dealt with later."

She tossed her a rope, and Lark rolled his eyes as Crystal tied his arms and legs together against a tree, after patting him down. She left him there, with one last glance.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

1.6K 141 35
⚠️Cover by @Dovesong_WC! Check her out!⚠️ "I stared at him; my mouth hung open. He wanted us dead!" Slimepaw is shunned, mistreated, tortured, and mo...
337K 7.7K 23
All that Collin Ace ever wanted was... well, nothing. He already had it all. The money, the power, the girls...Everything. All that Avril Lunnah eve...
805 32 24
Alison is a small child who departed from this world at a young age. And in a very violent way. And she becomes one more angel in heaven. But now, sh...
264 14 13
Clan life isn't easy, you having to take care of a huge pack. When two sisters get into a bloody fight about ruling the ClusterClan, one sister leave...