The Storm Empire (Completed)

נכתב על ידי SoulSkye

The age of humans have passed, and the only survivors still lure around Arian, searching for a chance of life... עוד

Guide to Arian
Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Epilogue
About the Authors

Chapter 14

3 1 0
נכתב על ידי SoulSkye

The sun showered its light upon the Stormclan camp, as warriors filed out of their dens, ready to begin their first day of training. Gray jogged out of her den wearing a cargo jacket as well as a pair of khakis, an outfit she reserved specifically for battle practice. On her waist was a metallic belt that held a variety of weapons, including a spear, bow, and sword.

She nodded her greetings to a couple of warriors as she walked by. Her eyes glanced from place to place as she observed training among the many different age groups at camp; the kits practiced simple battle techniques to defend themselves, as well as how to hide and camouflage. The elders and queens joined them, while the apprentices worked on some higher levels of technique. Most warriors abided by the training hollow, each paired up and practice fighting. Sitting by the corner was Red, who had tools and sticks in his hand.

"Morning," Gray greeted to the old deputy as she approached carefully, "What are those tools for?"

Red peered up at the Gray leader and nodded his head wistfully. His hair had grown long, haven not taken care of himself, and he had a bit of stubble on his normally smooth cheek.

"Hello Graystar. I'm planning on building more weapons for the clan. Now that we're up against a pack of wolves, we'll need better ways to protect ourselves," He exclaimed thoroughly with a hint of exasperation in his voice.

"You're not still mad about that war, are you?"

Red took a deep sigh, "It's not the fighting I'm worried about. I just don't feel comfortable battling against my old clanmates."

His pupils seemed to be dilated in fear, and his stress had been made evident by his horrible posture. Gray looked down and witnessed his trembling paws. Before Gray could say any further, she was interrupted by Crystal's approaching voice.

"WHEW! Who fed these apprentices extra sugar? They've been working for three hours straight without any breaks! From the looks of it, I really think we can win this war!"

The apprentices piled into the training hollow one by one, each with sweat draining down their forehead in shiny beads. Crystal and Fawn followed them in while trying not to collapse of exhaustion. Fawn carried herbs in his mouth which he used to teach emergency first aid to the warriors during their break time.

"Oh! Good morning, sis. I see you're awake," Crystal approached the two cats with a bright smile plastered on her face. She had her hair tied up with a new hairdo at the sides of her head. It started with a small bun and then transferred to a long ponytail. " I wanted to talk to you about something. Cats are smart, and planning is where their strength is at war. We should come up with a plan or a strategy."

Red frowned, "I'm not sure we have time. We have so much to do in 2 days. We have to prove that we aren't the weaklings that they think we are."

"Red, now isn't the time to take risks. We aren't proving anything. Raw strength is what the other clans use. Their abilities help them with physical strength and propel them. However, we also need our abilities as nekos. We are strong, but we have more than just strength. And the only thing we need to prove is that being intelligent is not a waste," answered Gray, her eyes gleaming with affirmation.

"I have an idea," Crystal remarked, "The other clans underestimate us. What if we could use that to our advantage."

"How?"

"I'm no genius, but what if we acted weak in the beginning? We could not use our fists very much, avoid the attacks to have minimum damage, and then use our eyes to observe their weaknesses.

"The phantoms have unusual characteristic that we cannot study, but if we study past wolves in the meantime, we can learn about the okami's habits. I know that the phantoms have spider like limbs on their backs that are retractable. They are definitely a metal, but I didn't bother to try to identify it. Crystal can visit Lark to study the phantoms, using her abilities to identify the metal. This can help us during the battle," Gray went on, adding to what they could do. Physical abilities were important, but they were not everything. They couldn't prevent the inevitable.

"I'm convinced." remarked Red, rubbing his bare chin with his paws.

"Great. We need a plan. I suggest that you study the other clans too, just in case we encounter greater threats."

Gray nodded, "Let's go to my den and talk."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So what do we know about the other clans?" Gray inquired, trying to recall the last gathering.

"We, of course, know their abilities. We know the leaders. The leaders of IceClan and SkyClan are around the age of Gray. I know North pretty well, and Hawk and Moon are pretty close to the leader of SkyClan. I don't know his name, but I can contact them," remarked Crystal.

"That works, but what about the other clans?" asked Gray. "They aren't exactly on our side. We have to prove we are strong."
"We might have a spy if that happens," commented Red, "Let's not make allies with clans we barely know."

"Graystar!" The voice belonged to Fawn who had just barged into the den, "We have visitors."

The four nekos stepped out into the clearing, where two familiar faces stood, one Northstar, the other Flightstar, leader of Skyclan. Next to them was a face Gray didn't quite recognize. It was a female kuma; half-human, half-bear. She had small, narrowed eyes that were a light shade of lavender. Her skin was a golden brown, and her chestnut hair was put into two long braids.

Crystal immediately smiled at the sight of North, her childhood friend as well as Flightstar, the leader of her brother's clan. However, suspicion rose in her when she spotted the strange kuma. Kumas were foreign to her because she never had any interaction with them. During her childhood, she would stay away from them during gatherings due to the old superstition of kumas eating humans at the privacy of their own camp. She was certain it was just the usual gossip, but she kept her own boundaries just to be safe.

"Northstar, Flightstar, and you are?" Crystal exclaimed.

"I am Lilystar," answered the female. She was tall, with a strong build, but not as bulky as the nekos thought the kumas would be. She was somewhere from her late teens to her early 20's, much like the 19 and 20 year old Northstar and Flightstar. The new generation was fairly young, since this was the time to pass down the throne, although Gray had it since she was 15.

"Greetings, Lilystar and Flightstar. We were never formally introduced. I am Graystar, leader of StormClan," Graystar put on a professional smile and greeted them in a calm and soothing voice. You could tell she was a leader, straight back and neat appearance. Her hair was in a neat bun that day, and you would see spots of her patches of different shades of Gray in her hair.

"I will get some tea for the guests," exclaimed Crystal, smiling. She was really just coming up with an excuse to leave. As ever, seeing guests, she changed from her armor, which changed from gold to a dark blue, into a more normal outfit. This time, she wore a off-shoulder white shirt and jeans. She also accidentally clicked on hair, which meant that her hair was held back by a childish blue butterfly.

"Actually, I like coffee," acknowledged Lilystar.

"Oh, I'm pretty sure we still have a bit of that," answered Crystal, with a smile. She resisted the urge to pull the blue butterfly clip off. Her nose piercing wasn't on, since she had decided to let it close. "And, for Flightstar it will be black tea, jasmine for Northstar, and earl gray for Graystar, correct?"

"Yes, thank you, Crystal," answered Flightstar. Gray watched as Crystal flew off into the distance, almost bumping into an elder. Lilystar chuckled as the white-haired figure pulled out the comedic stunt. North on the other hand rolled his eyes, as if he had already witnessed it a thousand times.

"So Flightstar, Northstar, and Lilystar.. What brings you here?" Gray looked each Anima in the eye trying not to let any intimidate her. Although she knew them quite well, they were still formal leaders, and needed to act well-rounded whenever they talked business. Flightstar was the first to speak, "We wanted to talk to you about the war. Dawn informed us about it and asked if we wanted to be allies with her and the phantoms. Of course, we rejected the offer-"

Gray raised her eyebrows and unwittingly interrupted the washi, "Her AND the phantoms? She's allying with the phantoms?"

"You didn't know?" North spoke. Gray shook her head, almost surprised that Dawn would be ignorant enough to team with the Shadow Empire. If anything, Pluto hated all of the clans. He was the fascist type, probably more of a dictator than the Ashclan leader herself. Despite these facts, she knew that Ashclan and the Shadow Empire as a team would be a red flag. Even all of the clans were no match against the two most powerful empires in Arian.

"This is bad. It keeps getting worse, doesn't it?" Lilystar mumbled, loud enough to catch the attention of Crystal, who had just returned with four leaf cups in her hand. Gray took a sip of her favorite hot drink, then sighed trying not to faint of the exhaustion.

"What do you mean it gets worse?" Crystal perked her ears. Her amethyst eyes glowed. SHe hadn't been able to change the color, even though it always changed before.

Before Gray could reply, Flight announced the news, "The phantoms are teaming up with Ashclan."

Crystal widened her eyes, "But why?"

"Dawn says that the Shadow empire has some sort of secret weapon. She never told us what it was though," Lilystar looked genuinely stressed.

"If you want, we also have tea with a calming effect. I can give some for you to take home. I also have some with a sedative effect, which can be used if you can't sleep. We all have to be physically fit. We cannot afford to have anyone be anything but in perfect condition. If you stay up too late, no matter how strong you are, you most likely will be a burden," Crystal knew that this was important.

"Who are you, anyways?" asked Lilystar.

"My name is Crystalfur Storm, a warrior. I'm Graystar's younger sister." To be exact, younger by 1 year, 1 month, 1 day, and 47 minutes.

"Really? You aren't alike at all. You look more like North than you do Gray," she commented.

"We take after different parents..." answered Crystalfur. "Gray takes after our mother and I take after our father." Her smile turned even more stiff.

"Anyways, about the war," Gray changed the topic.

"The clans are always competitive. I have already read up on some of the other clans," exclaimed Crystal, looking around for a seat and then ending up next to Northstar. It was a fairly small bench, which was why they were fairly uncomfortable. There was barely a space in between them, but they didn't seem to mind.

"What do you know about them?" asked Flightstar.

"The wolves were animals that the humans usually stayed away from. There were 2 major types. The common gray type and the more rare red wolves. They didn't really interact with humans and some humans would stay with them for long period of time, if they weren't aggressive."

"You did your homework, eh?" Lilystar narrowed her eyes, as Crystal ignored the dispute.

"There were a couple main types. The best chance we have is the omega. They call their leader an Alpha and the deputy beta because of their heritage. There were also healers as well back then, to help them. There was 1 or 2 people who would guard the children, and there were hunters as well. It was more complicated, and our best chance to get to them is the omega. They are the weakest and lowest. They don't always exist, but they are often bullied. I have a feeling I know who it is," finished Crystal.

"Who?" asked North.

"Sky, the leader's brother. The role of ceremony holder must keep him alive, but he most likely is the weakest. He is long distance, the only one in the clan and he specializes in torture as well. These are the only thing he can do. I have beaten him in combat before, and he has a good head, but no overwhelming strength like the rest."

"But how would we get to him?

"Easy. Don't tell anybody about our alliance. The weaklings, by themselves and open for attack. Some of us can pretend to be prisoners and hide weapons and capture Sky. He won't be hurt, of course. I actually most likely couldn't if I tried. Crystal would stop me from hurting one of her childhood friends," Gray planned.

"Wow! How did you figure that out within no time? I mean, that is an easy to do thing, and the okami will never figure it out with their pride and egos," North was amazed.

"That was easy. After all, our intelligence makes a force to be reckoned with. Physical strength is all but everything."

"Alright then," Lilystar spoke, "Now that we have a plan, what's your battle strategy?"

"Me, Crystal and Red discussed this earlier. Since we are usually seen as the 'weak clan', we can use this to our advantage. First, we fight not too hard, but enough to defend ourselves. We'll use this as a distraction to send spies over to their borders to find their secret weapon. While we do that, you guys will be hiding in the bushes, ready to ambush," Gray explained.

Crystal nodded, "That's right. We'll give you the signal when to attack but it'll likely be when Dawn and her gang of tyrants lower their guards. North, since this is the first war your clan is fighting, we'll let you be in charge of the weapons. Gather all twoleg weapons you can find; canons, guns, everything."

"I have an idea as well," Flightstar remarked, "Since us washis can fly, we'll be on lookout. Some of us can also help attack by dropping bombs from the sky, or anything you might need."

Lilystar nodded, "Us kumas will help attack alongside the nekos. We are strong physically and we know how to use all types of weapons."

Gray smiled, pleased at the ideas. She knew that the war was going to be a huge deal and she knew that every resource was necessary in order to win. Now that she had three allies and her clan by her side, she knew that the defeat of Dawn and the phantoms was a possibility. Her thoughts were cut short by a loud booming from the sky. A flash of lightning struck in the distance, as rain started to drizzle on all of the Anima's pelts yet not even the weather could darken her mood.

"We should head off," North exclaimed, "It's starting to rain."

Gray nodded in agreement. The only thing she was concerned about was winning, and the allyship with the other clans would lead to just that.

"It was nice meeting you Graystar. I really hope this alliance will help restore Dawn's corrupt dominion," Lilystar held her hand out, as Gray took it. She shook her hand rather tightly, causing her wrist to suffuse red.

"Thanks again!" Crystal stared at the Animas as they headed off, their tails trailing behind them. A spark of determination instilled deep down her chest, almost in the form of a slight tingling. Her brother and sister would be fighting alongside her, and so will her best friend. If anything, the only thing better than victory was victory with a band of people she trusted and cared for.

Crystal followed her sister to the training hollow. Inside, the perpetual sounds of clashing swords, and firing arrows alarmed her ears. She took a deep breath, once she was reminded that the warriors in there were only training.

"Well done," Gray flicked her tail in approval as Acorn thrusted a sword in a dummy.

"Alright, listen up warriors!" The voice belonged to Red who stood at the center of the hollow. Nekos circled around him, panting heavily.

"I'm very sorry for interrupting your training, although you have been working hard and deserve a break." He announced as a few nekos applauded, "I have some news to share with you. Gray, Crystal, and I have just spoken to the leaders of Iceclan, Skyclan, and Mountainclan. They have decided to ally with us."

Chit-chat bursted through the crowd.

Gray approached the red deputy, stopped, then faced the crowd "Now that we have extra support in the war, we'll need to work out best. The harder we work, the more we'll get accomplished. The more we get accomplished, victory will be ours faster than you know it."

The warriors nodded. They had a fiery ambition in their eyes as they went back to grab their weapons. Crystal watched as her clan worked together, practice fighting, and correcting each other's position. She hadn't known what teamwork felt like in over a decade. Gratitude washed over her as she witnessed the delightful friendships that had spawned over the course of just these three days.

Training came to a halt. It was nighttime and the training hollow had slowly decreased in capacity as nekos filed out, placing their weapons on a wooden rack. Each sword, bow, and tool was in order, ready to be used for the next day. War was approaching and in a matter of 6 hours, the nekos of Stormclan would be shedding blood, sacrificing honor, and shredding their oppressors. Gray's hand trembled as she slipped her marble sword into the last remaining space on the rack. She was the last to ramble out, but she had intentionally stayed behind to take a last look at the hollow. The place where she grew up, where her childhood was mirrored by the dirt walls and the sandy floors she would always play-fight on. These little things, she may not ever see again.

Gray took a last glance before stepping out into the cool, breezy air. A rush of wind pushed her back ever so slightly, to perpetuate her fur backwards. A midnight sky blazed above her that reminded her of the hundred of times she would look upon the heavens, wishing, dreaming, hoping. Her moment was interrupted by a tug on her sleeve.

"Graystar?"

The deep voice of Red enunciated through her ear.

"Oh Red," She exclaimed, "Did you need me?"

"No. I just wanted to tell you something."

"Tell me what?"

He closed his eyes and ran his fingers through his hair.

"This is the last night before the war. We might never see each other ever again."

"Don't be pessimistic. The chances that someone as important as you will die is extremely low. Plus, I refuse to believe you will die. You will outlive the universe." Gray never wanted to outlive her friends. What was the point of living forever if no one else could share the joys and burdens with you?

"No... I mean, just in case. We should give each other 1 token for the other, just in case one of us doesn't make it back. The one that can tell our story whenever seen." A sadness welled up in Red's black eyes, like the eyes of a teddy bear.

No one really bothered to point it out, but Red was a good looking male, underneath all of the crimson scars. One glided down his cheek, a dark crimson, and another small scar as just beneath his eyebrow. Red kept his hair long to cover his neck, which had a few scars as well. The crimson lightning was all over his body.

It made him look older, and made people more hesitant to trust him. But underneath, you could see the face of his. His skin was smooth and young, and his eyes glowed with a bright spark. His dark hair went pretty long, but it was styled to look shorter.

He was close to 21, which was in his prime, like Gray. Usually, nekos only lived until 50, at most. Although the clans did have evolutionary advantages and grew up to a pace similar to humans, their peak meant that their death was near.

"Hm... Like what?" Graystar asked. Redscar was confused, because she seemed unfazed, but he smiled as he saw her looking around and eventually starting to reorganized her book shelves as they walked inside her den. Gray had collected many human artifacts over the years, from televisions to centuries old books that were so rare, if all of the bled over them was poured over them, they would be ruined. Gray tended to reorganize things when nervous or confused. It was her way of coping.

When Gray was younger, Red was not as close with her. Many of his friends had crushes on her, dubbed the perfect wife. Intelligent, beautiful, and a love of tidiness. A couple flirted on the energetic Crystal, but not many at all. In fact, she was dubbed a pain.

"Hmm... What about pieces of jewelry that mean a lot to us. Or a piece to our past?" Red fingered a watch on his wrist, a gift from his father when he was younger. His father had been the person who had given him many scars. Everyone is StormClan had been through at least 1 tragedy in their lifetime. It was an all too common trait,

"Hm... I do have an old necklace from my father," Gray had a sad glint in her eyes. Her father was the same as Crystal's, but she had not seen him in a long while. Crystal was a clear image of Iceclaw. Her eyes were naturally a different color, but her facial features, the small build, the glare to her eyes, and her pale skin and hair.

Gray drew out a necklace, a simple silver chain with a small charm with a dagger. Each family had a type of weapon with some sort of power. The charm was made to look like the Storm Family's jagged knives.

"Wow, it's so beautiful!" Red commented. Gray smiled at compliment, her crystal eyes lighting up.

The two stayed up all night, talking like they hadn't since they were apprentices

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

47 4 9
Born a leader, only to exist on her own All she knew was how to survive. How to protect herself and the ground she walked on. But an alpha can only d...
654K 34.2K 36
[IMPORTANT SEQUEL ALERT: Book #2 of 'The Lost One' Series] Love. That's what they had. He loved her and she loved him. Kaiden had never been as pro...
957 70 23
The age of humans have passed, and the only survivors still lure around Arian, searching for a chance of life. Some survivors have even gone savage b...
805 32 24
Alison is a small child who departed from this world at a young age. And in a very violent way. And she becomes one more angel in heaven. But now, sh...