Pure Happiness

By lovely_me74

In which, The Original Hybrid falls for a banshee with a big heart. Credit for the plot goes to @sadtears- More

Trailer
Extended Summary
Epigraph
00 β€’ Prologue
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
New Years Contest
New Years Contest Winner!
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63

38

13.2K 403 151
By lovely_me74

Previously on Pure Happiness

"Don't be like this. I came because I wanted you to know that there is someone who sees that in you. I was hoping it would help you see it too."  

~~~

"I need your help."

"With what? Is everything okay?" Beth asked Elena through the phone.

"I know you said to give him time, but I just really need to talk to him," Elena spoke referring to her younger brother.

"Okay. I understand that. But where do I come in?"

"Alaric and I are planning dinner to talk to him. We were hoping you being there would prevent things from backfiring."

"Sure that could be a potential scenario but another is that he could see it as an intervention and not react well to it. But if you believe it could help, I'll be there. Just tell me when."

"Great, thank you. And right about now you should be heading here. Thanks, Beth," she called out before hanging up.

Beth was not hesitant to drive over to her friend's house despite the short notice and in about 5 minutes she arrived.

"Hey, thanks for coming," Alaric said as he opened the door.

"No problem. I just hope this works."

Once the two entered the kitchen, they saw Elena setting the table. They both were quick to grab a plate and help her out.

"So, you're ready?" Ric questioned.

"Vampires, hybrids, and originals. No problem. My rebellious brother. I'm worried."

"Proof that you're still human," Ric commented just before the front door swung open and Jeremy walked inside and quickly headed for the fridge.

"Just in time! We're cooking," Elena announced.

"Sorry, just passing through."

"Ah, well I thought we would all stay in, have a meal together like a typical, atypical family," Ric said.

"Why?" Jeremy asked.

"Maybe because you got fired and you didn't tell anyone," Elena intervened.

"Ahh- look, can we do this later? I made plans with Tyler. He's right outside," the teen declared.

"Oh wait! When did you start hanging out with Tyler Lockwood?" Alaric questioned.

"I don't know," he shrugged. "Does it matter?"

"Yeah, Jeremy! It matters. He was sired by Klaus. He's dangerous," Elena exclaimed.

"Tyler or Klaus?" Beth questioned.

"Both of them, Beth," Elena furrowed her brows in confusion at the girl before she huffed and turned back towards her brother, "Obviously."

"He can still hear you. He is right outside. Besides you of all people are gonna lecture me on who I can and can't hang out with?" Jeremy scoffed

"What is with the attitude?" Elena shook her head.

"Yeah, whatever. This is lame." He moved to leave but the doppelganger stood in his way.

"Oh, no, no! You're not going anywhere, especially not with Tyler," she exclaimed.

Jeremy turned to look at Alaric for help but he shrugged and said, "I'm with her on this, Jer. Sorry."

"All right, fine. You want me to stay in? Let's all stay in then," he exclaimed before he shouted, "Yo, Tyler! Come on in!"

"Jeremy!" Elena scolded just as the hybrid opened the door and walked inside their house.

After a bit, the hybrid had sat down at the table with Beth as the rest of the group just stared at him as Jeremy handed him a glass of water.

"Thanks."

"This is weird. Klaus has hybrids stalking me and now you're just sitting in our kitchen," Elena stated.

"Look, maybe I should go."

"Oh, stay. You're not doing anything," said Jeremy.

"Unless you have to, you know, check in with your hybrid master," Elena remarked.

Tyler laughed, "It's not like that, Elena."

"Tell me Tyler...What is the difference between being sired and being compelled?" Alaric questioned.

"Compulsion... that's just mind control-like hypnosis. And being sired is...it's like faith. You do something because you believe it's the right thing," he explained.

Elena furrowed her brows, "So you believe that serving Klaus is the right thing?"

"I don't serve him. Klaus released me from a curse that was ruining my life. I owe him for that."

Alaric then asked, "What if he asked you to jump off a bridge?"

"He wouldn't! And even if he did I'd be fine. I'm a hybrid."

"Okay, so what if he asked you to rip your own heart out?" Elena questioned.

"Again, he wouldn't."

"What if he did?" she pressed.

"I don't know! Then I'd rip out my heart!" he shouted surprising everyone there. "You guys sound like Caroline, getting all freaked out over something you don't understand."

"You're right Tyler I don't understand. Klaus has terrorized every single one of us and you're just blindly loyal to him," the doppelganger stated.

"You're over-thinking it. I can still make my own decisions".

Right then, Jeremey received a call and left the group to answer it. After he hung up the phone and came back, Elena looked at him strangely.

"What was that about?"

"It was nothing," he shrugged but Beth had an awful feeling about the situation.

"I got to go. Umm, thanks for the food offer, but..." Tyler started.

"Next time," Alaric said for him before the hybrid left the Gilbert Household.

Beth could hear Alaric and Elena talking but after a few words, their voices became distorted and before she knew it a scene appeared in her mind. Alaric pushed Jeremy out of the way and was hit by a truck.

The mirage was quick but she knew it had been real. It was going to happen. As soon as she snapped out of it, she saw that Alaric and Elena were chasing Jeremy outside.

Beth quickly ran outside and saw both of them staring at Jeremy who was standing in the middle of the street. They were confused and did not what was happening, but she did. So she ran towards the road and pushed the boy out of the way as a truck sped towards them.

Alaric ran towards the girl trying to save her but it was no use. She had been hit.

"Beth! No, no, no," Alaric and Elena both say as they run over to the unconscious girl. It was a horrible sight to see. The girl was bleeding and bruised all over.

"There I go again, bumping into people," the driver smirked at Elena who was able to recognize them as the Klaus' hybrid.

"Why isn't she healing? Isn't she supposed to heal?" Jeremy asked with guilt in his words.

"No, Jeremy. She's not a vampire. It's different for her," Alaric shook his head and he quickly dialed on his phone. "I need an ambulance. My friend, she's been hit by a car."

As Alaric spoke through the phone Elena asked, "Who was that on the phone earlier?"

"It was Klaus," Jeremy replied.

~~~

Klaus was standing in his mansion watching constructors renovate his home as his hybrid walked in. He smirked, "Tony! I trust you have good news."

"I wasn't able to hit the doppelganger's brother but her friend was very badly hurt," he smirked and Klaus felt his heart drop in fear however his minion did not seem to notice, "That should be enough to motivate her."

"What friend?"

"Not sure."

"Yes, you do. What friend?"

"The red head."

With those simple words, Klaus pulled out the hybrid's heart.

~~~

Beth blinked her eyes open and was faced with a white ceiling. She quickly realized she was in the hospital and turned to see Elena, Jeremy, Alaric, and Damon.

"I'm guessing I have you to thank for being alive," Beth chuckled as she looked at Damon.

"Yep."

"Thank you."

"Don't mention it."

"I'm so glad you're okay," Jeremy said.

"We all are," Elena added as Alaric nodded in agreement.

"Thank you for saving my life," Jeremy said.

"Of course. I wasn't going to let you get yourself killed."

"Still, thank you."

"Come on, Jer. I'm just glad you're okay."

"Klaus is going to pay for what he did today," Damon said.

"Is that what happened?" Beth asked.

"He compelled me through a phone call."

"I am so sorry, Jeremy," Beth shook her head as her eyes watered. She had never felt so guilty in her life.

"Hey, it's not your fault."

"This was all Klaus. No one else is to blame," Damon added.

"Yeah, okay. But I'm just sorry that happened to you... Anyway, how long have I been out?"

"The whole day. The doctors had been trying to help you all day. Trying to save you their way but it wasn't working so Damon helped," Alaric answered.

"Okay, so what did I miss?"

"Stefan stole Klaus' family who he kept in coffins all daggered and we found them and him."

"And what are you going to do?"

"I don't know but right now we're not going to hand them over to Klaus. We need to find a way to stop him," Elena declared.

The strawberry blonde sat silent for a moment before she drew a breath, "Okay. But when can I get out of here?"

"Well, they called your dad and he's flying back from California so you have to stay here. At least for the night until he gets here," Alaric said.

"I guess it'll give me time to catch up on sleep since there aren't many distractions in here," she chuckled.

"Right. Well, we should get going," Damon said. "Bye, Sunshine."

"Bye."

"I'll catch you guys up in a minute," Elena said as the rest of the group left the room.

"What's up?"

"Jeremy chopped off someone's head today."

"After you were hit, we moved you inside. One of Klaus' hybrids came and told us to let him in and that he would give you his blood. Jeremy shot him with an arrow and chopped off his head. He shouldn't have to live this life, Beth. And it's my fault that he has to because I'm the doppelganger."

"No, Elena. It's not your fault."

"It is. And Klaus will always threaten his life to get what he wants. Damon's going to compel to go to Denver to live with some family friends. I don't know what to do, I just want him to be safe. I can't lose anyone else."

"I know, Elena. I'm not going to judge your decision. I'm your friend and I always will be."

"I just needed to make sure that I'm not crazy for doing this."

"You're definitely not crazy... I need to tell you something too."

"What is it?"

"I kissed Klaus."

"What?"

"I see good in him, Elena. I have since I met him and I really did see it those two months I spent with him. It happened after homecoming. I knew you guys were planning something and I was so scared that something would happen to him. He came to see me after everything and I told him I cared about him and it happened."

"How could you care about him?"

"I know I shouldn't but I do."

"There is no good in him, Beth. He tried to get Jeremy killed today and almost got you killed in the process!"

"You're wrong, Elena. There is good in him, he just wants to hide it to protect himself."

"I don't know what to tell you, Beth. He is not a good guy."

"Neither was Damon but I saw that part of him and I was right. We gave him a second chance. Please just trust me."

"I do but Beth you have to understand that all he has done has hurt all of us."

"I know but there is more to him than that. He has been through a thousand years of pain."

"I really hope you know what you're doing," she said before she left the room.

~~~

Next Time on Pure Happiness

"I am so sorry this happened to you. It wasn't my intention."

~~~

Author's Note

I hope you guys like this chapter. Beth saved the day and then apologized for something she had nothing to do with and then confessed to Elena that she had kissed Klaus. It was quite eventful. I enjoyed writing this chapter and I hope you guys enjoyed reading it. I'm really trying to write as much as possible before I get busy again. Anyway, don't forget to vote and comment! Tell me what you think!

Comment any questions you might have and I will do my best to answer it.

Much Love,

Natalie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.6K 794 22
α΄€Ι΄ ᴀʙᴀɴᴅᴏɴᴇᴅ ꜱΙͺα΄˜Κœα΄Ι΄α΄‡Κ€ α΄€Ι΄α΄… α΄€ α΄˜κœ±Κα΄„Κœα΄α΄›Ιͺα΄„ ᴏʀΙͺΙ’ΙͺΙ΄α΄€ΚŸ, α΄‘Κœα΄€α΄› α΄„α΄α΄œΚŸα΄… ᴘᴏꜱꜱΙͺΚ™ΚŸΚ ɒᴏ ᴑʀᴏɴɒ? (THE VAMPIRE DIARIES: 2 - 4) (KOL MIKAELSON x FEM!OC) (RIGHT PERS...
235K 3.2K 38
Evie, a Gilbert, but selfless. Always put others first, and herself last. It is her senior year, and she meets Klaus, and it goes from there..... (in...
212K 9.2K 34
Where a bored fairy leaves her homeland to travel around the human world. To learn new things and have adventures. Which she will and much more... Va...
2.2K 84 11
In which four strangers are brought to the tvd world together after an unfortunate accident costs their lives. Will they survive in a world where po...