inspirations // harry styles

By perksofbeingaweirdo

After Harry continues to struggle to keep up with the others, the boys' manager suggest Harry get an inspirat... More

inspirations
chapter one // run-ins.
chapter three // the first date.
chapter four // the first date {part two}.
chapter five // aftermath.
chapter six // beautiful night.
chapter seven // song writers.
chapter eight // blast from the past.
chapter nine // sogginess.
chapter ten // sticks and stones.
chapter eleven // big steps.
chapter twelve // distractions.
chapter thirteen // g.n.o.
chapter fourteen // g.n.o {part two}.
chapter fifteen // hungover.
chapter sixteen // the coffee house.
chapter seventeen // alicia.
chapter eighteen // fangirling.
chapter nineteen // more than words.
chapter twenty // time is ticking.
chapter twenty-one // i think we're alone now.
chapter twenty-two // insider information.
chapter twenty-three // good ol' bonding.
chapter twenty-four // make new friends, but keep the old.
chapter twenty-five // letting go.
chapter twenty-six // restless.
chapter twenty-seven // great news.
chapter twenty-eight // all or nothing.
chapter twenty-nine // too much celebration?
chapter thirty // distractions.
chapter thirty-one // i was made to keep your body warm.
chapter thirty-two // relief.
chapter thirty-three // tsunami tides.
chapter thirty-four // surrender up my heart.
chapter thirty-five // reaching the breaking point.
chapter thirty-six // make it without you.
chapter thirty-seven // stubborn.
chapter thirty-eight // doctors to heal the wounds.
chapter thirty-nine // you don't even know.
chapter forty // blame it on the rain.
{epilogue}
TEASER - "The Traveller"
Author's Note!

chapter two // companions.

139K 2K 865
By perksofbeingaweirdo

Niall's POV

I stretch my legs out and let out a great big yawn. I peer around the room at the others, who are just as sprawled out as I am around Louis and Harry's living room. We watch a football game, or as it's called in the States, a soccer game.

Zayn and Liam are sitting on the edge of their seats as they wait for the game-winning play. Louis is lounging in the recliner beside them, half awake, half asleep.

My phone vibrates and I pull it out of my sweatpants. I can't help but to smile, a text from Alicia.

Alicia and I have been dating for a year now. I met her while we were touring here before. I was in disguise and she was selling t-shirts at some soccer game we went to. She was incredibly sweet and when I told her who I was, she was completely fine with it. She handled it exceptionally well.

I smile to myself as I respond to her text.

"Tell Alicia we say hi," Louis says, speaking in that damned baby voice he uses when he talks about our girlfriends. I roll my eyes, but text that to her anyways,"HA-HA! Take that, you bloody Spanish!" He nearly leaps out of his recliner, throwing a fist in the air.

Zayn and Liam curse under their breath and frown deeply. I don't know if they're more mad that the team they wanted to win didn't, or the fact that Louis' team beat them.

"Oi, Louis, can it," Zayn warns him as Louis does a happy dance in front of the TV.

I was just laughing at Louis' awful dance moves when the front door swings wide open. It makes all of us jump in surprise.

"Well, you will not be disappointed, love, that much I can promise you," Harry says into the phone, a smile plastered on his face.

Oh-no.

I look to Liam with a frown. I wonder who the poor girl is that Harry has seduced...

"Alright, then I'll see you tomorrow at five then?" He asks, very well aware that all of us are listening into his conversation. He smiles mischievously at us. "Have a wonderful night, Olivia, and I cannot wait to see you tomorrow," He grins before hanging up.

We all get to our feet, waiting for Harry to dish out what had happened while he was out. Liam stands beside me as we expect the worse. Louis and Zayn just smile, waiting rather impatiently.

"Let's just say 'Operation Inspiration' is a go!" Harry cheers and starts dancing in place, looking much like Louis a few moments ago.

"Bloody hell, you work fast!" Louis lets out a laugh and pats Harry on the back. Zayn follows his suit and gives Harry a proud hug.

"What's she like?" Zayn asks.

I consider not even sitting around anymore. I don't want to hear about this poor innocent girl that in a few weeks is going to be a not-so-innocent, heartbroken girl.

"Well, I stopped into a local pub- er- bar and was doing fine up until someone recognized me. I had to literally sprint down the road. I was escaping the mob of girls when I ran directly into some girl, completely knocking her over," Harry explains,

"Smooth move, mate," Zayn laughs.

I can't help but to let out a small chuckle as I picture that sight in my head. Liam shoots me a frown, warning me not to encourage this. So, I cover my laughter with a cough and return to being mad at Harry.

"I grabbed her and saved her from being trampled by the stamped of women, as we ducked into some doorway. Her name is Olivia Watson. She's funny, confident and beautiful; all the qualities I need in a girl," He grins, indulging us with some details.

"And it sounds like you have a date tomorrow?" Liam asks, not hiding his disapproval to the slightest.

"Yes sir, I figured she could join us for dinner and make an appearance at Tyler's party with us," He shrugs, taking off his jacket and shoes, getting ready to settle down.

I know how Tyler's parties always end up... Complete ragers. How classy Harry. He's probably planning to get her buzzed and then get lucky. It really is no surprise Harry's the only single one out of us all.

"And how did she react to you? Did she scream, or did she cry a little?" Zayn asks, knowing how majority of girls react to us. We have numerous funny stories of female-fan encounters.

"That's the best part! I told her who I was and she had no idea whatsoever of who I am. She's different. Perhaps she doesn't even know who One-Direction is," Harry explains, catching all of us by surprise.

 There's not a single person that doesn't know who we are- whether they're huge fans or despise us.

"Does she live under a rock?" Liam asks, furrowing his brows. We all watch Harry, the one who's known for loving the perks of being famous, smiling.

"Ha. Very funny." He rolls his eyes, "I find it incredibly refreshing. This way she'll view me as a real person and all the feelings will be real. You can't write a song with forced feelings, isn't that what you were telling me, Liam?" He brings up Liam's warning from earlier this evening.

Harry flops down onto the couch, pulling out his phone as if it were nothing.

"You're a piece of work, Harry," I grumble, taking off and heading out the door. I hear Harry call after me as I head next door, to my own flat.

"Niall, don't be so selfish! You have Alicia!"

That just makes me even angrier. Yeah, I have Alicia, but the thing is that I like her and she likes me. It's mutual. It's not something I'm doing just to get something out of it.

So how can even have the nerve to call me selfish?

Olivia's POV

After getting home, I take a shower and get ready for bed. My mind is fuzzy with thoughts of tonight. So much had happened that I can't even wrap my head around it.

So I pick up my phone and call the only person I know that will listen to my crap; My best friend Tea.

"Hola, mi amigo!" She says, sounding more chipper than usual, "Why are you calling me on this lovely evening?"

I just let out a loud sigh,

"Tea, I need some spilling time," I groan.

Instantly she transforms from the goofy friend that answered the phone to the helpful, trustworthy friend that I need. That's one thing I love about her, she's willing to go to no ends for her friends.

"Let's hear it,"

How do I word this without sending her into a mad rage. She hates Tate will all the hate her heart can make. If I even mention him, she goes off on a rant saying how much of a jerk he is.

"Guess who stopped into the store today?" I cringe,

"Uh-oh,"

"Tate."

Cue Tea's angry rant.

"That little pig! What in the hell was he doing there? Did you kill him? Did you run him over with your car at least?" She roars. I can nearly picture her pacing around her poster-cover room, pulling out her own hair in frustration.

"We kissed,"

"OLIVIA MARIE WATSON! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I'M COMING OVER TO YOUR HOUSE AND I'M GOING TO KILL YOU- LITERALLY KILL YOU!" She shouts, forcing me to remove the phone from my ear to keep my ear-drums from bleeding.

"Let me tell the whole story! Geez louise!" I shout over her, trying to get her to calm down. "So I was closing up the store when he just walks in. He said that he had been thinking about me all the time. I tried to stay away from him, but you know how he gets; all handsome and charming," I start,

"Yeah, he's a charmer alright," She breaks in, her voice dripping with angry sarcasm.

"Shh, let me finish," I warn her, "He kissed me, but I pushed him away and yelled at him. He said that I shouldn't be mad over 'stupid little mistakes'. What a line, right?" I say, giving a small laugh, but Tea doesn't laugh at my attempt at a joke. "He told me that I was just an easy girl-" I start to continue but I don't get very far before she interrupts again,

"I'm literally gonna kill the kid. There's no stopping me." She tells me, her voice full of anger. When Tea gets mad, there really is no stopping her, so I better finish the story before she lands herself in prison.

"But then I slapped him. I have never seen him so wounded before. It felt... nice." I smile and Tea lets out a triumphant laugh,

"That's my girl, I've trained you well," I can hear her grinning from the other line.

"But that's not all..." I say slowly, surprised myself that I'm even bringing this up.

I'm not taking Harry very seriously. I know his type. He's a flirt and he loves to make girls fall to their knees around him. I'm not the kind of girl to fall for that.

"Then you hit him with your car? HALLELUJAH!" She shouts, breaking into opera. I can't help but to let out a loud laugh. Tea's a great singer, but opera isn't her strong point.

"Not yet," I smile, "I met this boy..." I start to say and she erupts into more loud screams. I pull the phone away from my ear and I can still hear her clearly.

"WHO IS HE? WHAT'S HE LIKE? IS HE GORGEOUS? HOW DID YOU MEET HIM?"

Tea isn't a girly girl, at all. She's a complete rocker, equipped with the studs, piercings and purple highlights. But when it comes to my love life, she turns into this obsessed girl. I think it's mostly due to the fact that she wants me to forget Tate ever existed.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! All I said is that I met a boy, not that I landed myself in the middle of a Nicholas Spark's novel." I explain to her.

"Still, spill all the details." She dismisses my words quickly.

"His name is Harry. He's British." I start and already Tea interrupts me.

" 'Yer a wizard, Harry'," She says in her best British accent. I don't even try to hold back my laughter.

"Yes, you caught me. I ran into Harry Potter after work and he whisked me away on his broomstick and we defeated Voldemort together," I reply sarcastically.

"You dirty whore," She jokes, "But with this Harry fellow, what happened?" She returns back to her curious self.

"Well, he literally ran-into me; completely knocked me over. Then we started to talk and he was very sweet. So, I agreed on a date tomorrow at five. He seems like every other guy out there, so it's nothing special," I admit.

I'm not saying that I get approached by guys all the time, because I don't, but I've seen this play over a million times. The boy who's a smooth-talker talks his way into a girl's pants. I'm not expecting anything special tomorrow. It'll be nice to go out for once. I haven't been on a date since Tate and I broke up.

"If you agreed to go on a date with him, I'm sure there was something special between you two... You never agree to dates with perfect strangers," She tells me, "But, for whatever reason you agreed, I'm glad. Anything to get you over creepy lover-boy, Tate." She grumbles and I just let out a laugh.

"My date's at five, so I expect you here at four to help me get ready," I smile, letting out a yawn.

"Of course, wouldn't want you going on your date and embarrassing yourself," She jokes, as she always does about my fashion taste. She just has a completely different style than I do. I bet money that she'll try to get me to wear her grunge boots or some type of leather tomorrow.

There's no way I'd leave the house in those.

"Night Olivia," She laughs,

"Night Tea," I smile before hanging up.

I put my phone on my charger and flop back down in my bed. Maybe this whole date thing isn't the best idea? I really don't know this Harry guy at all. And he's bringing me to meet his friends and eat dinner with them. I'm going to make a complete idiot out of myself.

And what about Tate? Am I completely over him? Sure it's been two months, but Tate and I were dating for two years. Plus the reappearance from him today proved that I'm not exactly feelings-free of him just yet. Maybe I should just slow down...

As I drift to sleep, Harry's cute smile and dazzling green eyes are the last thing I see in my mind before becoming completely unconscious.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 11 7
This is the story of a girl called Hannah (me) who is 19 and gets a late birthday present from her parents...One Direction for a day. But they become...
122K 2.9K 19
Niall's absolutly in love with his best friend, and so he decided to make a book only for Liam. But there is a problem. Harry and Louis found it and...
44K 830 21
One Direction is informed that they have a month vacation. Love is in the air, but will everything work out? What will happen when Niall slips into a...
75.4K 528 29
Harry can’t believe himself. Since he introduced this girl, Eleanor, to his best friend Louis he is jealous about what he tells about her. He wants t...