Sweet Taste

Od SmileyKari

Lauren Finn has just graduated from high school and is now going to her college life in Gourmet International... Více

A/N :)
A/N :)
Chapter 1: Flight To France
Chapter 2: Gourmet International French Culinary Academy
Chapter 3: My Aunt's House
Chapter 4: Pastry Convention
Chapter 5: Mr. Know-It-All
Chapter 6: First Day In The Academy
Chapter 7: Why Does This Have To Happen?
Chapter 8: Another Chace
Chapter 9: Love Is What Makes The World Go Round
Chapter 10: First Activity Spoiled
Chapter 11: You Again
Chapter 12: Activity Two
Chapter 13: The Two Blondes
Chapter 14: I Found You
Chapter 16: Chocolate Temptation
Chapter 17: Jump!
Chapter 18: Another Revelation
Chapter 19: Minutes Felt Eternity
Chapter 20: Changes
Chapter 21: Chace Decides What?!
Chapter 22: Tropical Smoothie
Chapter 23: Practice Sessions
Chapter 24: Getaway
Chapter 25: Fruit Cocktail
Chapter 26: Cotton Candy Love ♥
Chapter 27: First Day Of Summer Camp
Chapter 28: Second & Third Day Of Summer Camp
Chapter 29: Hurts More Than A Scar
Chapter 30: I'm Going Insane Because Of You
Chapter 31: The Kind I Like
Chapter 32: First Round Of The Tournament
Chapter 33: Matter Of Life And Death
Chapter 34: Second Round
Chapter 35: The Deal
Chapter 36: A Long Night
Chapter 37: Third Round: Fight These Feelings
Chapter 38: Third Round: The Judging
Chapter 39: Heart Raced Day
Chapter 40: Frenemenies to Best Friends
Chapter 41: The Revelation Of The Box
Chapter 42: My Sweet Taste Prince
Epilogue-- 5 Years Later

Chapter 15: Brownies

3.5K 30 10
Od SmileyKari

“Are you alright?” Aunt Gemi asked as I woke up with red puffy eyes.

Today’s Saturday thank goodness.

I told Aunt Gemi everything while she made hot cocoa for the both of us.

“Two blondes?! Who do they think they are?! Do you want me to punch them or what? Tie them or kick their ass?!” Aunt Gemi said while doing the punching movements.

I laughed.

This was why I always tell Aunt Gemi about my problems. She’s the best comforter you can ever find in this world.

“No, it’s okay.” I chuckled.

“But you have such great luck there.” Aunt Gemi winked.

“Huh? What do you mean?” I asked.

“Two hotties rescuing you? If I were you, I’d marry the both of them!” Aunt Gemi giggled.

“Crazy! No way.” I chuckled.

“But I think both of them likes you.” Aunt Gemi smiled.

“Chace and Blake? And Chace?! No way!” I said.

“But that Chace hugged you while you cried right? And Blake was the one who took you home yesterday? Isn’t that a beautiful sign that you’d marry one of them?” Aunt Gemi giggled.

“But I don’t think that’ll happen when the both of them hates my guts. Chace’s pretty cold a lot of times while Blake really hates me now.” I said.

“Why not cook them something?” Aunt Gemi suggested.

“Cook? Wait, bake right?” I laughed.

“Yeah yeah whatever. Bake then. Food will always be the best comfort. When you were a kid, I always let you eat some brownies then you’ll hug me so tight!” Aunt Gemi said.

“Brownies?” I said. That sound liked a good idea.

“Yeah, chocolate brownies. You loved those.” Aunt Gemi said while sipping some hot cocoa.

“Aunt Gemi you just gave me an awesome idea!” I said hugging her.

“I did? Well, of course I did!” She said hugging me too.

“I’ll just go to the grocery and buy some ingredients. See you!” I said running towards the door.

~~

“Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8 inch square pan. In a large saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat in 1/3 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup flour, salt, and baking powder. Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Do not overcook. To Make Frosting: Combine 3 tablespoons butter, 3 tablespoons cocoa, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 1 cup confectioners' sugar. Frost brownies while they are still warm.”

I did all of what is written in my diary. I hope this goes well.

~~

Dear Diary, (Monday)

It’s been weeks since I’m in the school and at first, my only problem was Chace having the same school as me. But as time passed, everything became alright until the second activity in the academy. Leila and Lyka hates me for having Blake, Drew and Chace as my team mates in the academy. I mean, if they wanted them so much why not just flirt them til’ death? Oh wait, isn’t Mace they’re teammate? Wait, I never saw Mace in our class. Plus, I never saw him doing activities and such.. I only saw Mace in the library. Weird, I’ll just go ask him when I see him again. But this makes me wonder more about him. Mace is Chace’s cousin. Shocking I know. And now, Blake hates me and it’s killing me!Ugh.

Anyways, I have to go. I might get late again for today’s bus.

-Lalalalauren.

I went up the bus and saw Desiree waiting for me.

“Lauren!” She stood up and hugged me.

“Hey, missed me so much?” I laughed and hugged her too.

“I heard from Drew what happened. Good thing Blake and Chace got there!” Desiree said.

“Well, Blake hates me.” I said.

“Drew talked to him don’t worry!” Desiree comforted me.

“Drew did? Wait, how’d you know all these?” I said.

“Well, Drew-” I cut her off.

“Drew, Drew, Drew.” I teased her.

“Whatever.” She said blushing red.

We laughed a bit more then I fell silent.

I hope Blake would like this.

If not, say goodbye to happy friendship.

We arrived after a few moments and I told Desiree what I did on the weekends.

“Brownies?! Awesome! Can I peek?” Desiree giggled.

“Sure sure, here.” I opened the blue box with the violet ribbon and a note that says, “I’m Sorry.”

“First of all, such a cute ribbon and box! Second of all, those brownies look so scrumptious! If Blake doesn’t forgive you for this, I’ll punch him for you.” Desiree chuckled.

“Will you really do that?” I laughed. “Drew might punch you.”

“Who cares about Drew!” Desiree said that out loud that made Leila looked at me then she smirked.

Why is she smirking?!

Leila walked near me.

“Check that out.” She smirked again pointing something.

When Desiree and I looked at that direction, I gasped. So did Desiree.

“No way.” I murmured.

“Yes way. See you.” Leila said walking to that direction.

Blake and Drew with Lyka, laughing.

“What the hell?! They must’ve put Drew and Blake on a spell or something!” Desiree said.

I held on to the box tighter.

What did you think? That Blake would talk to me? That Drew and Blake will come to us like the usual? He’s mad, Lauren. He’s very much mad at you!

Desiree and I headed to the academy’s parking. Today, we were going on a fieldtrip at Cafe améthyste. Yes, Chace’s cafe.

Everyone went to their seats with their partner. Desiree and I sat at the middle portion of the bus.

“Cheer up, Lauren. I’m sure Drew and Blake will explain things.” Desiree patted my back.

I just sighed.

I saw Drew and Blake coming up the bus and when they were near us, Drew looked at me and he was about to speak up when Leila called him.

“Drew! Sit here with us!” Leila shouted.

Drew and Blake are both such a gentleman so whenever things like this happens, they don’t reject it even though they wanted to.

What confuses me is Blake.

I mean, is he really acting like nothing has happened with Lyka and Leila? Even Drew’s acting like that!

“Nevermind.” I sighed on my seat.

Desiree patted my back to comfort me.

I just stare out the window and put my earphones on so that my sorrowful morning would faint away.

After an hour, we arrived at the cafe and we all went down.

“Okay class! This is a real privilege for us so please behave and take down notes okay?” Mr. Lee announced before we head in the three-story house that looks like a ginger house!

We all went in and Mr. Lee started lecturing us while we all tried taking down all the things he’s saying.

Inside the cafe, the walls were colored peach and the tables were round and small with white cloth on it. The chairs were colored gold and wooden. The windows were made of clear glass and the trays were color pink! So cute!

The uniforms of the girl staffs were color pink with a violet lace! Like a maid’s outfit but more adorable! The guy’s staffs uniforms were color blue with black pants! Nice!

For today, the cafe’s pretty pack up with people so we proceeded to the third floor where the desserts are made.

“Woah. This place is awesome.” Desiree said in gasped.

I covered her mouth.

“Flies might go in your mouth if you let it drop like that.” I laughed.

Mr. Lee toured us on the kitchen laboratory of the cafe.

Everyone was busy working and baking and the food tastes so good!

After the whole lecture and tour, we received free deserts from the cafe and we all ate at the second floor.

My dessert was a fruit tart.

Blueberry, strawberry and peach were the toppings of the tart.

I cut first the strawberry with the crust. I learned mixing food so that you’ll get a better taste.

Mhm. The taste is extraordinary! It feels so light and refreshing!

“Mhm! This blueberry cheesecake tastes so scrumptious! I feel so excited to eat more!” Desiree said while nudging my arm.

“Let me try that!” I said cutting a piece of her blueberry cheesecake.

“Mhm! This taste so amazing! Exciting and refreshing!” I said smiling.

“See! I told you so.” She looked at me with her, I-told-you-so look.

“Drew! Say ahh!” Leila practically shouted so she really did drew some attention from all of us.

She was looking at us when she was....spoon-feeding Drew and Drew looked like he was about to die in embarrassment!

Desiree tried to control her laugh while I just smiled at them.

Lyka was talking to Blake non-stop and Blake just looked bored at her and just nod at every word she said.

“I think we’re having a better time than them.” Desiree said pointing at them.

“We talk better than them.” I laughed.

“Or we’re just very sociable.” Desiree joked.

An hour later, it was our free time. We had two hours before we get back to the bus and we could tour France but we have to make sure to come back on time.

“So where we heading?” I asked Desiree.

“Want to check out the Eifel tower? I heard when you’re single, you go there and after an hour, you’d have a boyfriend already!” Desiree joked.

“Seriously? What if Drew heard you, would he be happy about this?” I smirked.

“Who cares about that guy. He could go with that Leila for all I care!” Desiree waved her hand back and forth like crazy.

“Yeah, yeah, I BELIEVE you.” I emphasized ‘Believe’.

We decided to head to Eifel tower so we rode the bus for that.

Silly Desiree. Getting a boyfriend in the Eifel tower? Seriously? 

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

132 32 4
In the Idyllic Kingdom Leoht, a great lineage has proceeded for millennia. From raging wars, to horrors both inside and out, the line of the Claris h...
54.6K 2K 77
Welcome to one of the craziest Lunar Chronicles fanfiction of all crazy Lunar Chronicles fanfictions. I present to you a collection of Facebook chats...
7.2M 94.3K 34
Meet Fay Valentine, a spunky rough necked troublemaker who has watched over her childhood friend since she saved him from a couple of bullies in 3rd...
1.9M 130K 78
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...